PDA

View Full Version : Have attempted 420 log-ins now, is P99 abandoned?

Nexi
03-01-2023, 03:27 AM
I've connected to every breaking point - randomly getting to - hanging at "logging into server select," and instant "timeouts," crashing back to blank password, hanging at "Last server," blank server select, server select instant timeouts, unknown error, hanging, crash out, blank character area - sans chars, buttons, floor.. and selecting character with load hanging and never enter the game/zone.

approx 420 times, in the last 26 hrs w/o ever getting in once..

I've tried everything I could find on here with hours worth of searching, scouring, and reading.

After a quarter century and a world full of stunning technology advancements, why does EQ suck harder now than before its first ever patch?

Don't talk to me about free.. something that doesn't work isn't free, it's a plague.

Tons of peeps seem to be having this issue, and I've seen no posting of resolution..

Has P99 been abandoned because it's too hard to make it work?

frustrated af

DeathsSilkyMist
03-01-2023, 11:08 AM
My guess is you didn't go through the setup process correctly. I understand the setup process isn't the easiest to get through, but you may want to try doing it again from scratch.

Many emulators have non-standard setups because they are basically hacking an existing client to work with custom server architecture. Without the source code to the client (which P99 doesn't have), you cannot easily make a new client with a more user friendly distribution.

Skarne
03-01-2023, 11:21 AM
You gotta praise mcquaid even harder and longer

Ekco
03-01-2023, 11:30 AM
sounds like a wifi issue or rl location. can traceroute to the server to see if its a temporary issue or tl;dr install a proxy and login in that way. i used to have this problem and using a proxy fixed it

Ripqozko
03-01-2023, 02:05 PM
If you tried 420 throw your pc into the nearest wall and consider life choices. Hope that helps.

Toxigen
03-01-2023, 02:50 PM
420? sus

Old_PVP
03-01-2023, 04:40 PM
I've connected to every breaking point - randomly getting to - hanging at "logging into server select," and instant "timeouts," crashing back to blank password, hanging at "Last server," blank server select, server select instant timeouts, unknown error, hanging, crash out, blank character area - sans chars, buttons, floor.. and selecting character with load hanging and never enter the game/zone.

approx 420 times, in the last 26 hrs w/o ever getting in once..

I've tried everything I could find on here with hours worth of searching, scouring, and reading.

After a quarter century and a world full of stunning technology advancements, why does EQ suck harder now than before its first ever patch?

Don't talk to me about free.. something that doesn't work isn't free, it's a plague.

Tons of peeps seem to be having this issue, and I've seen no posting of resolution..

Has P99 been abandoned because it's too hard to make it work?

frustrated af

Just curious, are you using shit hotel wifi? I travel for work a lot and noticed some hotel brands are unable to connect to EQ cause their wifi isn't configured correctly. Same issues that you describe. Usually Holiday Inns, some Marriotts. Steer clear of those chains if you are playing EQ on the road.

Toxigen
03-02-2023, 11:25 AM
420 no scope de_stroyed

Skarne
03-02-2023, 12:37 PM
Make De_dust great again

Tudana
05-14-2023, 02:13 PM
sounds like a wifi issue or rl location. can traceroute to the server to see if its a temporary issue or tl;dr install a proxy and login in that way. i used to have this problem and using a proxy fixed it

Anyone have a good walk through on how to install a proxy and login in that way?

or per windows: In the Proxy IP address and Port boxes, enter the proxy server name or IP address and port (optional) in the respective boxes.
How do I acquire this information to set up a proxy?

LydiaBird
05-24-2023, 11:45 AM
I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you're experiencing with EverQuest. It seems like you've tried various troubleshooting steps and have not found a solution yet. While I don't have specific information about the current status or development of P99, technical issues can sometimes arise due to the complexities of maintaining older games on modern systems. It's possible that the developers are working to address these issues, but I recommend reaching out to the official support channels or forums for more specific assistance.