PDA

View Full Version : 46 monk haste item

Cen
02-23-2023, 11:10 AM
Got an Iksar monk on green after being away from a year. His gear might be out of date but looking for upgrade suggestions. I only got 5k across my characters. He's basically in full crescent armor, wus quivering staff and a trance stick knuckle duster set. No haste item as the last time I played him FBSS was the only haste item in the game and was like 8-9k. I have robe of lost circle so while I think getting robe of whistling fists is a very tiny possibility if I group in the two very obscure areas later, I see the actual finished epic as completely unattainable.

Should I go for an FBSS or SCHW? As far as I know that's the only two haste items I can get right?

Toxigen
02-23-2023, 11:27 AM
Sash of the Dragonborn

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:00 PM
Join sky guild, get free 41%

Toxigen
02-23-2023, 12:12 PM
Join sky guild, get free 41%

yeah. that too.

bigly.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:12 PM
Nevermind, you are on Green. I would get Peacebringer + SCHW on your budget. You'll do a lot more damage, and that will probably offset the AC penalty, since that gear is heavy.

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:18 PM
Nevermind, you are on Green. I would get Peacebringer + SCHW on your budget. You'll do a lot more damage, and that will probably offset the AC penalty, since that gear is heavy.

He can pay 0 and get a free sky belt, every guild can do sky

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:20 PM

I agree. But Sky is only once a week, and he probably isn't the only Monk on green who wants a belt. SCHW + Peacebringer will allow him to level faster until he gets the belt, and then he can just sell SCHW.

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:23 PM
I agree. But Sky is only once a week, and he probably isn't the only Monk on green who wants a belt. SCHW + Peacebringer will allow him to level faster until he gets the belt, and then he can just sell SCHW.

Park it and roll an alt, be faster then scout wins

Encroaching Death
02-23-2023, 12:23 PM

This is what I used until I upgraded to a Sea horse Belt.

The Sky belts are only 16% or 21% though. Unless you get the big daddy one which is 41%.

Monk loot is competitive though.

You might have the money to buy a Sea Horse Belt before you get a 41% belt tbh.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:24 PM
Park it and roll an alt, be faster then scout wins

Not everyone likes to do that. I like to play my characters. I assume OP want's to play his Monk, since he is planning on spending all his money on him:)

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:27 PM
This is what I used until I upgraded to a Sea horse Belt.

The Sky belts are only 16% or 21% though. Unless you get the big daddy one which is 41%.

Monk loot is competitive though.

You might have the money to buy a Sea Horse Belt before you get a 41% belt tbh.

Competitive sky ? It rots for us or goes cheap to an alt. Maybe if he was in a 300 person guild I guess

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:28 PM
Competitive sky ? It rots for us or goes cheap to an alt. Maybe if he was in a 300 person guild I guess

I assume you're talking about the 21% haste belt? Would be surprised if the 41% haste belt components were cheap/rotting.

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:30 PM
I assume you're talking about the 21% haste belt? Would be surprised if the 41% haste belt components were cheap/rotting.

No I mean the 41% one, we are smaller tho (eclipse) I'm sure there is something similar on green

Crede
02-23-2023, 12:32 PM
41% haste belt is no walk in the park to get. Especially since you can now mq those pieces. Go for fbss/Dragonborn and then go for seahorse/sky belt eventually. Keep gloves open for eventual epic.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:34 PM
No I mean the 41% one, we are smaller tho (eclipse) I'm sure there is something similar on green

Ah you are on Blue. Yeah that would make a bit more sense on Blue. Since SCHW are still 1.5k on Green I am a bit more doubtful that is the case on Green. Could be wrong though, don't play there.

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:35 PM
Ah you are on Blue. Yeah that would make a bit more sense on Blue. Since SCHW are still 1.5k on Green I am a bit more doubtful that is the case on Green. Could be wrong though, don't play there.

Even if not the 21% belt same as schw right? And def would rot

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:36 PM
Even if not the 21% belt same as schw right? And def would rot

Yeah 21% haste belt I would assume is still not hard to get on Green. Again, I am not trying to say it's a bad suggestion. It's a good way to save plat. But I have done quite a bit of sky in the past, and the belts for every class don't drop each week. So OP could be waiting weeks depending on luck/demand, and idk if he want's to wait that long. Sometimes you do get unlucky and 2 or 3 people want the same item in the same week. I have seen Child's Tear go for like 100 DKP randomly, even though it is usually like 10DKP or less. Not trying to say a 21% haste belt from sky would spike in DKP, but if you have to roll on it, that's a 50% chance or less of getting it.

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:51 PM
Yeah 21% haste belt I would assume is still not hard to get on Green. I have done quite a bit of sky in the past, and the belts for every class don't drop each week. Again, I am not trying to say it's a bad suggestion. It's a good way to save plat. But OP could be waiting weeks depending on luck/demand, and idk if he want's to wait that long. Sometimes you do get unlucky and 2 or 3 people want the same item in the same week. I have seen Child's Tear go for like 100 DKP randomly, even though it is usually like 10DKP or less. Not trying to say a 21% haste belt from sky would spike in DKP, but if you have to roll on it, that's a 50% chance or less of getting it.

Unless he is in a kitten size guild there's gonna be no spike on a normally rotting sky belt

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:53 PM
Unless he is in a kitten size guild there's gonna be no spike on a normally rotting sky belt

Maybe not. Again I don't play on Green, so I can't say for sure. I just want OP to be aware it is a possibility. You can get unlucky with drops or multiple people randomly wanting the item one week. And the sky raid may not be a good time for OP, depending on the guild they are in or decide to join.

SCHW + Peacebringer would work well in the short term, and Sky Belt can be a slightly longer term goal. If SCHW is still going for 1.5k on Green, I doubt he is going to get into a situation where he is going to lose a lot of money on re-selling it later.

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 12:55 PM
Maybe not. Again I don't play on Green, so I can't say for sure. I just want OP to be aware it is a possibility. You can get unlucky with drops or multiple people randomly wanting the item one week. And the sky raid may not be a good time for OP, depending on the guild they are in or decide to join.

SCHW + Peacebringer would work well in the short term, and Sky Belt can be a slightly longer term goal. If SCHW is still going for 1.5k on Green, I doubt he is going to get into a situation where he is going to lose a lot of money on re-selling it later.

You just can't change your opinion on something once you Say it. Sky belt is literally gonna rot less he just doesn't want to guild/raid at all. Any casual guild almost can do sky, like almost any.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 12:58 PM
You just can't change your opinion on something once you Say it. Sky belt is literally gonna rot less he just doesn't want to guild/raid at all. Any casual guild almost can do sky, like almost any.

Not sure where that came from. I didn't disagree with your opinion.

I am simply stating facts. OP is not guaranteed to get the 21% sky belt in a week. There are factors that can drag it out.

If OP want's to play his Monk for the next few weeks, I wouldn't suggest he simply stop playing until a Sky Belt drops. Get SCHW + Peacebringer, have some fun, and resell SCHW when he gets a Sky Belt. I am not sure why you think OP can't do both. Based on the price data I don't forsee a sudden plummet in the SCHW prices. 1.5k isn't a big sum of money. If OP loses 100-200pp on a resale, that isn't going to be hard to get back, even on a more contested server like Green. If your killing stuff while waiting for Sky Belt, you could be farming money anyway.

Toxigen
02-23-2023, 01:19 PM
edit: nvm

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 01:45 PM
Agreed : nvm

Jimjam
02-23-2023, 02:46 PM
I've seen it take a few weeks to get a 21% belt, even doing full clears. Sometimes you get unlucky and non drop (no matter how many sisters you manage to kill!)

DSM is right on this one to have a contingency plan in place until the trash belt drops.

SCHW are hot property on green still - always WTBers for them in EC atm. They will flip easily after the belt drops (and even if they don't it is good to have spares for the next melee alt!)

Keebz
02-23-2023, 03:36 PM
Hot tip: Sometimes you can get SCHW cheap if you buy directly from the dude camping it in Velk's since they're LORE.

But yea, as others have said I'd go ahead and join a guild that does sky. Those 21% haste belts do rot often enough and the 41% belt isn't out of the question if you can tolerate doing sky once a week for a couple months. The epic is also super obtainable, esp. if you just buy the pipe MQs which are cheapish now.

But tldr; buy SCHW, join a guild, make friends, get loot, and live your best life.

Good to see you playing again!

Crede
02-23-2023, 03:39 PM
Seems like dragonborn sash is 4k. I'd just get that. Best haste without spending shitloads of money & epic will eventually rep gloves so don't bother.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-23-2023, 03:41 PM
Seems like dragonborn sash is 4k. I'd just get that. Best haste without spending shitloads of money & epic will eventually rep gloves so don't bother.

The 2% extra haste isn't going to give you a big DPS increase. SCHW + Peacebringer is a bigger DPS increase for the same price. Sky Belt + Peacebringer is also better DPS than just getting a Sash.

Sash of the Dragonborn is a bit of a weird item, as it's price range doesn't really work for anybody.

If you can't afford any haste item, it's too expensive. FBSS and SCHW are your options for budget haste. If you are able to drop 4k on a item that only gives you a small boost (compared to FBSS or SCHW), you can probably save up for a much better haste item.

Sash of the Dragonborn is good if you happen to get it for free via dropping, and need a haste item.

Jimjam
02-23-2023, 04:37 PM
Hot tip: Sometimes you can get SCHW cheap if you buy directly from the dude camping it in Velk's since they're LORE. it’s not unusual for them to be free.

200-600pp seems to be going price for looting them.

Cen
02-23-2023, 05:25 PM
Thanks for info everyone. I'm in Ancient Blood and Castle but I have been a little sketchy on going into raid zones is all

Cen
02-23-2023, 07:24 PM
I'm glad there's a few ideas out there, I just wasn't aware of everything. I still don't mind the ridiculously impossible optimistic suggestions here and there (yeah there is like absolutely 0 chance I'm going to be getting a sky belt on green) but I have a few things to shoot for

Ripqozko
02-23-2023, 10:29 PM
I'm glad there's a few ideas out there, I just wasn't aware of everything. I still don't mind the ridiculously impossible optimistic suggestions here and there (yeah there is like absolutely 0 chance I'm going to be getting a sky belt on green) but I have a few things to shoot for

i wouldnt discount you getting a sky belt, its really not that uncommon both the 21% and the 41%. not quite as easy and pal/sk but still. Castle was decent on blue so im sure they do sky on green.

Jimjam
02-24-2023, 03:41 AM
The 21% drops off bosses and mini bosses. Some of these bosses can be triggered to respawn instantly. It has about 20 chances to drop per sky raid. Pretty likely to happen if not quite guaranteed. Most of the time no one else wants to loot it and it rots.

Find some guilds that go up at a time convenient to you and politely ask if you can piggy back - they’ll usually allow it as it isn’t terribly expensive to take 1 extra head.

Cen
02-24-2023, 04:25 PM
I ended up picking up an FBSS for now. Someone convinced me it would be easy to sell back so treat it like invest

Ripqozko
02-24-2023, 04:27 PM
I ended up picking up an FBSS for now. Someone convinced me it would be easy to sell back so treat it like invest

Better option then gloves imo, still would do sky

DeathsSilkyMist
02-24-2023, 04:30 PM

IMO you should use SCHW + Peacebringer with a budget of 5k. You should be able to swing that if the Green prices are accurate, and you will get a bigger DPS increase based on your current weapons.

FBSS is like double the price of SCHW, and you aren't benefiting from it if you aren't planning on getting epic any time soon.

Toxigen
02-24-2023, 04:53 PM
People that recommend peacebringers to monks drive me nuts.

Shits too heavy.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-24-2023, 04:58 PM
People that recommend peacebringers to monks drive me nuts.

Shits too heavy.

I've leveled to 46 so far without any problems with AC penalty. I am usually sitting around 40-50 stones because I am picking up loot to sell. Killing something 10% faster is also saving you HP, because you are getting hit less:)

Peacebringer's weight is only an issue if you are wearing heavier armor like Black Pantherskin, which OP is not. Peacebringer + SCHW + Cresent armor is 13 stone. Bump that up to 14 stone with jewelry and other slots. You can stay under easily if you simply don't have bags in every slot. But honestly I would just have bags and pick stuff up. Being able to make money while XPing is probably saving you more time in the long run, as opposed to XPing without making any money, and then having to farm money as a separate task later on.

ithaqua
02-24-2023, 07:08 PM
That’s a really optimistic weight estimate, just the shurikens weight is 1 stone (range+ammo slot). But yeah, get a large soiled bag for permanent storage and harass a mage/shaman to summon loot bags for the gaming sessions.
My vote is for fbss and an IFS. Waist is a better slot for haste, more direct upgrades and won’t block hand slot if you ever get around to complete your epic. IFS is just better, weighs less, better damage bonus and marginally better ratio

DeathsSilkyMist
02-24-2023, 07:27 PM
That’s a really optimistic weight estimate, just the shurikens weight is 1 stone (range+ammo slot). But yeah, get a large soiled bag for permanent storage and harass a mage/shaman to summon loot bags for the gaming sessions.
My vote is for fbss and an IFS. Waist is a better slot for haste, more direct upgrades and won’t block hand slot if you ever get around to complete your epic. IFS is just better, weighs less, better damage bonus and marginally better ratio

I've done weight comparisons on my monk. You only need the shuriken in the range slot (not ammo), so it can be 0.5.

I agree IFS is better, but OP is on green. It's like 10k on green, OP can't afford it. IFS + FBSS is 13K, vs. 4-5k with SCHW and Peacebringer.

Cen
02-24-2023, 10:23 PM
My weights pretty awesome I usually am at 9. I use an abu kar and a medicine bag and that's it. 0.1s go in medicine and heavies in abu.

But yeah I'm not rich given I mained a cleric to 51 and then this monk. Already have the FBSS now, spent 2800. I have a wus quivering but it's beaten by my trance/duster combo I think.

I could potentially do a peacebtinger still right now. Unsure if I want to yet, I'm more having trouble finding places to level now at 47.

IFS will be impossible to consider, I'll never be able to afford that ever.

Barlu
02-25-2023, 10:59 PM
The Peacebringer should be a pretty big upgrade over Wu’s and it is worth buying if you can afford it. It’s droppable so use it until you can afford a better weapon. Just don’t overpay because it’s going to be a pain to resell when you are done with it.

At 47 grobb guards would be decent exp and plat. They drop 12pp sword every kill and can buy bandages in zone and bank with a little effort.

Garnaak
02-28-2023, 09:39 PM
What level is monk? Take a look at ratio of monk fists. If better ratio than trance stick, sell stick and mainhand KD's. KD > Trance mainhand always.

edit - oh, level 46.. Sell Trance stick now!!! Go KD Mainhand / Bare Fist offhand for dual wield setup.

Toxigen
03-01-2023, 08:52 AM
I can't imagine playing EQ in 2023 and 3k plat is a deal breaker to not get an IFS over a Peacebringer.

If you were on blue I'd ping my buddy just to log on and give you the damn plat.

6.0 wt is nothing to sneeze at. Also slower moar better.

Crede
03-01-2023, 10:27 AM
I can't imagine playing EQ in 2023 and 3k plat is a deal breaker to not get an IFS over a Peacebringer.

If you were on blue I'd ping my buddy just to log on and give you the damn plat.

Yeh just farm paineel guards at 46. That was my first like oh shit im not broke anymore moment.

DeathsSilkyMist
03-01-2023, 10:55 AM

OP is on Green, not Blue. On Blue I agree that Peacebringer in general isn't worth getting due to how cheap IFS is on Blue. On Green Peacebringer is 3k, and IFS is 10k. The difference is 7k. Still not a huge sum of money for a lot of players these days, but for OP it's obviously a lot of money. On Green there is less plat and I assume more competition for money spots too.

From my current play experience on my Monk, getting a 0.11 boost in ratio is going to improve survivability more than reducing 6.0 stones. Quivering Staff has a 0.82 ratio and Peacebringer has a 0.93 ratio. The AC loss just isn't that noticeable, at least when you are below 50. With OP's current armor setup, they can stay under the weight limit with Peacebringer if they want to.

Cen
03-02-2023, 03:52 PM
Yeh just farm paineel guards at 46. That was my first like oh shit im not broke anymore moment.

My monk is currently 47 and my other character is a 51 cleric. I'm not farming guards lol I just can't

Toxi:

Since green opened the most I've ever managed to get was 6k at one point, I had got a thick banded belt while camping guise on cleric, and the thick banded belt was a lucky roll to win the ONLY high value item I have ever obtained myself in a group across all of classic EQ, all of my years on Blue server, and the couple on green. I am not a very lucky player, I have not been able to farm money or items well. On blue I mained bard and wizard.

Maybe next season of green I'll open up with a shaman or enchanter like everyone else. I took the difficult road here it seems

Toxigen
03-02-2023, 03:54 PM
My monk is currently 47 and my other character is a 51 cleric. I'm not farming guards lol I just can't

Toxi:

Since green opened the most I've ever managed to get was 6k at one point, I had got a thick banded belt while camping guise on cleric, and the thick banded belt was a lucky roll to win the ONLY high value item I have ever obtained myself in a group across all of classic EQ, all of my years on Blue server, and the couple on green. I am not a very lucky player, I have not been able to farm money or items well. On blue I mained bard and wizard.

Maybe next season of green I'll open up with a shaman or enchanter like everyone else. I took the difficult road here it seems

I'd set up shop in Sebilis on your cleric and try to get into groups and start looting gems and rolling for loot.

You could find yourself in a disco group (or just duo w/ an enc) and looting your own IFS.

Go back to your monk after getting a good chunk through 60 and twink the shit out of it.

Cen
03-02-2023, 03:57 PM
What level is monk? Take a look at ratio of monk fists. If better ratio than trance stick, sell stick and mainhand KD's. KD > Trance mainhand always.

edit - oh, level 46.. Sell Trance stick now!!! Go KD Mainhand / Bare Fist offhand for dual wield setup.

What? Trance stick far exceeds knuckle duster DPS for the main hand. Are you not taking the main hand damage bonus into account?

Crede
03-02-2023, 04:21 PM
What? Trance stick far exceeds knuckle duster DPS for the main hand. Are you not taking the main hand damage bonus into account?

Wu stick ratio is trash. If you do the primary formula utilizing the final damage bonus of 11 the knuckle dusters still win out. Might be a tie if you factor in some of the wu procs.

Either way better off going jade mace in primary and KD in OH.

Garnaak
03-02-2023, 05:28 PM
Wu stick ratio is trash. If you do the primary formula utilizing the final damage bonus of 11 the knuckle dusters still win out. Might be a tie if you factor in some of the wu procs.

Either way better off going jade mace in primary and KD in OH.

^^ This

Even with damage bonus, KD > Wu

Jade mace best option.

Cen
03-02-2023, 06:26 PM
I still can't believe it, I was just trying to parse it but the trance seems to be winning 14/18 vs 21/28.

Also, about peacebringers weight, its not an issue. I haven't bought it, but I will still be far under weight limit. I will have like 11 if I ended up getting it. Wu's Quivering staff is heavy too after all.

DeathsSilkyMist
03-02-2023, 06:53 PM
Also, about peacebringers weight, its not an issue. I haven't bought it, but I will still be far under weight limit. I will have like 11 if I ended up getting it. Wu's Quivering staff is heavy too after all.

Yeah that is a good point. I forgot Quivering Staff was already 9 stone. Get Peacebringer:D

Garnaak
03-03-2023, 12:23 AM
I still can't believe it, I was just trying to parse it but the trance seems to be winning 14/18 vs 21/28.

Bring out yer parses...

I would like to see this. If you can disprove a long accepted damage formula, that would change things up for a lot of people.

Cen
03-03-2023, 12:25 AM
Bring out yer parses...

I would like to see this. If you can disprove a long accepted damage formula, that would change things up for a lot of people.

Actually, that raises a question for testing purposes.. Do you use a program specifically for that, and is it allowed? I do it manually with a stopwatch and a calculator, which is kind of silly these days.
Edit: Also, to unload the loaded part, i'm not attempting to disprove a damage formula. No way man.

Ripqozko
03-03-2023, 12:27 AM
Actually, that raises a question for testing purposes.. Do you use a program specifically for that, and is it allowed? I do it manually with a stopwatch and a calculator, which is kind of silly these days.

Both nparse and gameparse work

DeathsSilkyMist
03-03-2023, 01:09 AM
You can even just download something like notepad++ and filter the results by doing a find all. Just move your old log file into a backup folder before you start. You can also mark the start of your parse by /saying something specific.