PDA

View Full Version : k&b server dead already?

Foxx
07-02-2011, 08:33 PM
dead or alive?

another custon red box fail?

details plz

naez
07-02-2011, 08:38 PM
red box? 3/4 the zones are safe?

Amuk
07-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Two guilds existed and it looked promising - GM's pissed off people on one guild accusation of hacks/exploits - guild a quit, guild b remains with no other decent players on the server and a large playerbase due to recruiting to fight guild a - server is stale with everyone sitting in bazaar afk.

I try to train/troll people occasionally and gank the odd person but for the most part yeah the server is dead.

-Stasis

Amuk
07-02-2011, 08:43 PM
But I should add there is potential if another grp of players joined for there to be some fun pvp maybe - maybe not who knows.

fiegi
07-02-2011, 08:52 PM
needs to get rid of safe zones, and all the custom bulllshit, they never last. full classic baby

Doors
07-02-2011, 09:39 PM
LOL HEY GUYS, JUST ASK ME NEXT TIME IF ONE OF THESE SERVERS IS WORTH PLAYING ON BEFORE WASTING YOUR TIME.

GURU DOORS

Wonton
07-02-2011, 11:23 PM
Two guilds existed and it looked promising - GM's pissed off people on one guild accusation of hacks/exploits - guild a quit, guild b remains with no other decent players on the server and a large playerbase due to recruiting to fight guild a - server is stale with everyone sitting in bazaar afk.

I try to train/troll people occasionally and gank the odd person but for the most part yeah the server is dead.

-Stasis

Stasis you are a poet in my eyes

solid
07-03-2011, 01:15 AM
Megalomaniac GMs making shady snap decisions that have long term implications. Dealt with it before, don't feel like dealing with it again.

Sniperfire
07-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Megalomaniac GMs making shady snap decisions that have long term implications. Dealt with it before, don't feel like dealing with it again.

indeed...i saw it early on

Muleworth
07-03-2011, 10:24 AM
LOL HEY GUYS, JUST ASK ME NEXT TIME IF ONE OF THESE SERVERS IS WORTH PLAYING ON BEFORE WASTING YOUR TIME.

GURU DOORS

do you have some very deep seeded issues with eq pvp?

i've never seen someone against it waste so much time badmouthing it / ardently fight against it.

was it all black and white and out of focus?

Vile
07-03-2011, 02:58 PM
Tarwine and I were talking about possibly doing a Crucify based server... Tarwine wruuu.

Crucify + Live Leaderboard + Tweets = everyone wins until P99 Red comes out?

Foxx
07-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Tarwine and I were talking about possibly doing a Crucify based server... Tarwine wruuu.

live tweets is where its @

fiegi
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
full classic pvp box. to hell with all the custom bullshit, it never lasts longer then a month,since red99 is toast

Krimsin
07-03-2011, 04:47 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Lazortag
07-03-2011, 05:27 PM
KaB was kind of a crappy server, but one thing I liked was the different name colours for different teams, and the way you could check people's stats in IRC. It was kind of silly that the !stats command told you a player's class/level, but knowing their record was kind of cool and being able to check the top10 there was also nice. I like the idea of putting the leaderboard in IRC because it also encourages chatting since it makes most of the server idle in IRC. I think these things should be replicated in future pvp servers.

Things about the server that needed to be changed:

-Resists. Being able to land fear on someone 36 levels higher than you is seriously messed up. Spells like snare/fear/mez/root(halp??) were too easy to land. In earlier levels when people are unable to get decent MR gear yet, the success rate of these spells is basically 100%, which is way too unbalanced. Surely these spells should be useful, but not as overpowered as they were on this server.

-Fear/charm/etc. These spells were disabled in pvp fairly early on Live for very good reasons. They allow people to take exp deaths too easily, and can also be exploitable in other ways (like fearing/charming someone behind a zoneline, or into a wall, or under the world). Fear/charm should have been disabled from the beginning.

-Safe zones. Seriously, safe zones suck and are totally lame. Smart people just leveled on Faydwer until they were level 50 and ganked people on antonica. I don't know why anyone thought this would be fun, it just discouraged pvp because it was too risky to be anywhere other than Faydwer/Odus/the bazaar.

-Boxing. Giving an advantage to people who are too anti-social to make friends of their own is never a good idea.

I hope anyone planning on starting a new pvp server considers these suggestions.

Wonton
07-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Boxing. Giving an advantage to people who are too anti-social to make friends of their own is never a good idea.

lol

Sniperfire
07-03-2011, 08:43 PM

vile i have an extra box here come into vent

Xebekn
07-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Holocaust got outted as hackers? No offense bros but how many times has this happened?

solid
07-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Holocaust got outted as hackers? No offense bros but how many times has this happened?

Cool story bro, but we weren't 'outted as hackers.' In fact, I was proactive with the 'OMG QQ HAX' crowd, that you seem to be affiliating yourself with, and had livestreams of my pvp on www.justin.tv/solidussz. I was banned for getting feared behind a zoneline and nuking people while back there (something that happens constantly, as using fear is rampant on the server.)

Big fish, small pond.

Xebekn
07-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Cool story bro, but we weren't 'outted as hackers.' In fact, I was proactive with the 'OMG QQ HAX' crowd, that you seem to be affiliating yourself with, and had livestreams of my pvp on www.justin.tv/solidussz. I was banned for getting feared behind a zoneline and nuking people while back there (something that happens constantly, as using fear is rampant on the server.)

Big fish, small pond.

Easy bud, didn't mean to strike a nerve.

Just trying to get facts straight.

JayDee
07-03-2011, 10:09 PM
ITT hackers calling out hackers

Xebekn
07-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Nah, I don't cry about hackers bro, that's your job I'm sure. Wouldn't want to take your business.

solid
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Easy bud, didn't mean to strike a nerve.

So, you exploited and got banned and everyone got upset because of it? Can't wait for news at 11.

You're right, clearly that's a bannable offense.

Xebekn
07-03-2011, 10:19 PM
You're right, clearly that's a bannable offense.

I wouldn't have banned you. Justice of the peace.

solid
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Well, then you can probably see the point of not playing here.

mimixownzall
07-03-2011, 10:31 PM
Just make it a classic server. If you want to up the exp, great, but just keep it as classic as possible.

Xebekn
07-03-2011, 10:34 PM
Well, then you can probably see the point of not playing here.

Definitely. Didn't play there myself.

Nirgon
07-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Fearing another player behind a zoneline then screaming hax. Sounds like eq emu pvp here.

Bardalicious
07-05-2011, 11:13 AM
Server was doomed to fail from the beginning, despite content and PVP. Won't matter how hard they work to fix things, fact remains that it's still being run by Devnoob and Image, the wonderful friends that got booted off of EQEmu dev team because of their egotistic attitudes and tendencies.

fiegi
07-05-2011, 11:24 AM
well i read they just took out /who all <zone>. So i'm guessing any pvp left on that server will be gone. Really makes you think what the mods are thinking, do they actually think ppl roll there for the pve content??? :o:o

Nirgon
07-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Sounds like any pvp emu is doomed to failure if you say it is so.

What really hurts K&B is that a whole lot of people don't exactly know about it. They need to get out there. You need people to kill to PvP. Once the same old same old cast shows up, gets their feelings hurt and leaves, it is labeled doomed....(?!). But yeah, once you guys get tired of it, it's really over. Red99 should attract a few more faces.

Try to do your best to enjoy it while not ruining it for everyone else (exploits, trains, intentional xp loss) when it does launch. If, in fact, you are capable of doing so.

Bardalicious
07-05-2011, 11:41 AM
Lol, server didn't need our nay saying to doom it. The half-assed content, buggy systems, inconsistencies like fear and charm in pvp, lack of PVP, lack of competent admins / GMs etc did a pretty good job of that.

Bardalicious
07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Also, a server based around kingdom vs. kingdom warfare (hence KINGS and BANDITS) with no real incentive to partake in it, based in a classic era tri-content setting with very bad inconsistencies in what's left in from other expansions, really isn't going anywhere.

Kingdom vs. Kingdom is a neat concept, but it requires a whole lot more creativity to accomplish than what I've seen coming from them. Spending money to upgrade your guards stats just so you can defend your shitty xp modifier from being in the kingdom = yawn.

fiegi
07-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Kinda harsh but w/e. They seem to do a good job of fixing stuff/thinking outside the box but that's also what gets them in trouble sometimes. Overall they really could do a great server if they just kind of kicked the majority of the custom stuff, moved to the eqemu login, and started with a fresh classic and aPOLOGIZE TO SOLID!!!!!!! - since red99 is never gonna come out.

Just alone the fact that theres gonna be some epics on that server because basement dwellers can farm guards all day and night for pvp points when GM's are on, then when GM's log off just farm their alts over and over makes it tough to get really really into. Is that really pvp ??

Haul
07-05-2011, 12:51 PM
WTB Red99