PDA

View Full Version : Is Avatar increase your max dmg?

sogundordor
02-19-2023, 11:03 PM
Friends always tell me his max is increased after avatar procs:cool:

My ranger has a Primal Velium Weapon now, after it procs or even with wolf from when killing outdoor, my max hit is always the same~:confused:

Meljeldin always has max hit of 275 (with/without avatar, buffed to 255str)

any ranger with Meljeldin can hit higher than 275?

feniin
02-19-2023, 11:09 PM
275 is the max for Meljeldin, 280 for Primal 2H.
Attack raises your chance for hitting for the higher end of the damage spectrum.

Jimjam
02-20-2023, 12:39 AM
Friends always tell me his max is increased after avatar procs:cool:

My ranger has a Primal Velium Weapon now, after it procs or even with wolf from when killing outdoor, my max hit is always the same~:confused:

Meljeldin always has max hit of 275 (with/without avatar, buffed to 255str)

any ranger with Meljeldin can hit higher than 275?

Do your friends have max str without avatar?

sogundordor
02-20-2023, 09:36 AM
Do your friends have max str without avatar?

:rolleyes: Ahha, let me ask him later~

Ripqozko
02-20-2023, 10:10 AM
I'm max before any buffs yes

DeathsSilkyMist
02-20-2023, 10:43 AM
Strength and Attack Buffs like Avatar increase your max damage. If there is a max damage cap in place, you cannot go higher than the cap. However, you will still roll above the cap, so you have a higher chance of rolling max damage.

For example, lets say your max damage roll is 100, but you are capped at 80 damage. You have a 20% chance to roll an 80, because the damage cap occurs at the last step. You basically roll a 100, and it gets capped to 80.

It sounds like you are just hitting the maximum damage cap.

Swish
02-26-2023, 07:36 PM
Take a stack of emeralds wherever you go. Tip your shaman :)

Croco
02-27-2023, 12:33 AM
Take a stack of emeralds wherever you go. Tip your shaman :)

Oof. Can you imagine grouping with a pleb shaman that doesn't have primal avatar? Yikes.

Snaggles
02-27-2023, 01:33 AM
Oof. Can you imagine grouping with a pleb shaman that doesn't have primal avatar? Yikes.

9/10 shams don’t have normal memed because they are cheap bads. I’m curious the ones with primal who load two, the true hero’s who deserve medals.

rubicaant
04-16-2023, 11:53 PM
Attack doesn't increase max damage, just increases your chance to hit harder within your maximum damage. Str, weapon dmg, offense skill and level affect your max damage iirc. Now if you're not strength capped, then ofc avatar will increase your max damage because of the 100 str buff.

Sarkhan
06-14-2023, 10:08 PM
as Rubicaant said, ATK rating doesn't affect max hit. Think of it like rolling dice and attack rating is rolling a weighted die that helps you hit that "20" roll more often. In the end, you're still rolling a D20 and max hit will be the same.

Rangers in particular at max str are Weapon dmg X 5.4 + dmg bonus.
Meljeldin dmg is 45 x 5.4 = 243. then add bonus of 32 = 275. You'll never hit more than that.

Technically its not actually x5.4, its X2.7 but all melee weapons are doubled their listed weapon dmg with the exception of bows. So to find your max hit for a bow you'd take bow dmg + arrow dmg, then X 2.7 and that's your max hit (before standing-still multiplier for rangers and dmg bonus)

dmg bonus for 2handers found here --> https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1

jgold16
06-16-2023, 08:48 AM
as Rubicaant said, ATK rating doesn't affect max hit. Think of it like rolling dice and attack rating is rolling a weighted die that helps you hit that "20" roll more often. In the end, you're still rolling a D20 and max hit will be the same.

Rangers in particular at max str are Weapon dmg X 5.4 + dmg bonus.
Meljeldin dmg is 45 x 5.4 = 243. then add bonus of 32 = 275. You'll never hit more than that.

Technically its not actually x5.4, its X2.7 but all melee weapons are doubled their listed weapon dmg with the exception of bows. So to find your max hit for a bow you'd take bow dmg + arrow dmg, then X 2.7 and that's your max hit (before standing-still multiplier for rangers and dmg bonus)

dmg bonus for 2handers found here --> https://lucy.allakhazam.com/dmgbonus.html?setcookie=1
"standing-still multiplier for rangers and dmg bonus"

What is this exactly? I remember seeing something about bows doing damage differently when mob is rooted vs snared, but cannot remember exactly.

Drawing on the collective ranger wisdom here.

Tnair
06-18-2023, 12:53 PM
"standing-still multiplier for rangers and dmg bonus"

What is this exactly? I remember seeing something about bows doing damage differently when mob is rooted vs snared, but cannot remember exactly.

Drawing on the collective ranger wisdom here.

From the p99 ranger wiki:

"Hole (July 19, 2000) - Rangers above level 50 will now do double damage with Archery against non-moving, non-rooted targets"

jgold16
06-18-2023, 02:45 PM
Non moving and non rooted? So something that is fleeing and snared? What other situation could that be?

Croco
06-18-2023, 05:19 PM
Non moving and non rooted? So something that is fleeing and snared? What other situation could that be?

mostly meaning mobs that are being tanked by someone so they aren't moving around or being kited

Andyman1022
06-18-2023, 07:54 PM

Ya those of us still playing and relevant on p99 can lol.

Snaggles
06-18-2023, 08:28 PM

Yea 99% of stuff you kill with a tank. Some run for that last but but it’s a small percent. They are just making sure you can’t root/snare bow something to death very quickly.

A lot of raid mobs are now rooted as a reaction to the methods we use on p99. Some targets are justifiable to bow.

Jimjam
06-19-2023, 02:34 AM

Unengaged static mob. Caster which has stopped moving to cast.

Bow also has collision detection so you can bow into melee range if you have a ‘fake’ target lined up beyond minimum range behind the thing you want to ‘accidentally’ hit. Some giants and stuff have large enough melee boxes you can bow them while you stand toe to toe.

Snaggles
06-19-2023, 04:59 PM
Bow also has collision detection so you can bow into melee range if you have a ‘fake’ target lined up beyond minimum range behind the thing you want to ‘accidentally’ hit. Some giants and stuff have large enough melee boxes you can bow them while you stand toe to toe.

If you give away all the good secrets the internet will be filled with like 3 very smug TikTok EQ ranger content creators. This blood is on your hands. :D

Jimjam
06-19-2023, 05:18 PM
If you give away all the good secrets the internet will be filled with like 3 very smug TikTok EQ ranger content creators. This blood is on your hands. :D

Oh i have so many wonderful secrets to destroy. I’m gonna claim to be the inventor and destructor of battle bandaging but i have so many more secret techniques to share and ruin for everyone :p