PDA

View Full Version : Cleric - Seeking Suggestions for Undead Soloing 58-60

Tooboredtoquit
02-18-2023, 07:07 PM
While working from home I've been entertained by playing a new character, a Cleric, and I've been exclusively soloing undead monsters so far from 1-58 at so-called "dad camps". It has been surprisingly efficient, and I enjoy the straightforward play style along with the story line I've imagined for my character.

I would like to push to 60 by doing more of the same, however, I've for the first time found myself at a loss for a spot to continue smiting undead at...

My knowledge of the game world is limited despite playing for a long time as this is now my highest character. I've come up empty on the P99 wiki and forum searches, but admittedly I'm probably overlooking something obvious. Would anyone be able to suggest a good spot to continue leveling at?

My preference would be to be able to safely AFK and kill something every 6-10 minutes to get exp from 58-60. My requirement is that the monsters are undead. I'm currently in Lower Guk, but I'm feeling a bit too froggy now.

For reference, and in case any other Clerics want to see my path so far, here's where I've struck down some skeletons.

1-9 - Field of Bone and Butcherblock Mountains. I preferred Field of Bone as I found there to be a higher concentration of skeletons for these early levels However, and as I was a High-Elf, I did spend some time in Butcherblock as well.

10-24 - Kurns Tower and Unrest. In Unrest, I first parked in the courtyard by the waterfall. I then moved into the haunted house off the side porch and it's safe to sit behind the counter on the right. When I was in Kurns, it felt less dangerous than Unrest. I would just move wherever, sit down, and kill for a while.

24 - 32 - Rathe Mountains. There is a haunted tower and undread ruins near each other not too far from the zone line. I started at the tower, and I would just single pull the giant skeleton. I then moved to the ruins (right next to tower) and from a single spot you can safely pull 3 different monsters.

33 - 39 - First Floor of Tower of Frozen Shadow. From just inside the entrance, you can pacify and pull the mini-Spectres and skeletons in the little pit. Additionally, you can go left, and pacify pull the 3 skeletons in that room and there's another at the end of the hallway. When the key holder Gnoll would spawn, I wasn't able to kill it and I would swap to another character I had camped there, kill it, and then resume my grind on my Cleric. Level 2 is a deathtrap.

39 - 51 - Feerrott. Nothing new here. I started with the single Spectre outside as it seemed to give me less resists than any of the inside ones. I think #3 inside was my preferred single though as I could safely med/afk as well as root/nuke and loot without moving. If I was playing more active, and also when I got higher, I could handle multiple Spectres. I stayed until 51 because it was easy and the money is good.

52 - 57 - Dreadlands and Lower Guk. You can fight skeletons at the Wizard Portal area in Dreadlands. Some stay blue at least until 55, can certainly start there at 49 and maybe earlier. I would jump between there and Lower Guk in the low-50s. However, I've spent most of my time in Lower Guk. There's a lot of areas you can clear with pacify and then just sit down and get into a groove of killing a monster every 6-10 minutes when they respawn which works well for work from home. However, at 58 most things now seem to all con green or require a more active play style that I can't commit to most of the time, but I might be missing a spot down there that I could continue at?

Anyone got some ideas for 58-60?

DeathsSilkyMist
02-18-2023, 07:34 PM
You could do Howling Stones to 60 probably. Good XP and lots of undead. There are living monsters mixed in though.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-19-2023, 12:44 AM
You may also be able to do Chardok by factioning up and killing single skeletons. With Chardok's low agro radius and lull, you may be able to pull it off. Not sure if those mobs would be too hard for a solo cleric, but food for thought. Those mobs are definitely still blue even at 60.

Hole may work as well. Not too familiar with the zone, but there are ghosts and skeletons there.

Tooboredtoquit
02-19-2023, 04:56 PM
You could do Howling Stones to 60 probably. Good XP and lots of undead. There are living monsters mixed in though.

So, this is just a ploy to get another Cleric camped in HS to resurrect you players with death wishes, right?

You may also be able to do Chardok by factioning up and killing single skeletons. With Chardok's low agro radius and lull, you may be able to pull it off. Not sure if those mobs would be too hard for a solo cleric, but food for thought. Those mobs are definitely still blue even at 60.

Hole may work as well. Not too familiar with the zone, but there are ghosts and skeletons there.

I'll look into these, thank you.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-19-2023, 05:09 PM
So, this is just a ploy to get another Cleric camped in HS to resurrect you players with death wishes, right?

Lol is my plan that transparent?:D

I'll look into these, thank you.

Np.

Nibblewitz
02-19-2023, 06:26 PM
Lguk ghoul lord room

mcoy
02-19-2023, 06:26 PM
I did about half of 59 vs the plaguebone champions (and the other greater plaguebones were often high green) at the ruins (and near the vp key dude) on #5 in dreadlands.

It's garbage xp, the champion mobs have way too many hp, and sometimes while you're medding a bard comes and pulls the ruins and you have to wait 20+ mins for the kite to die so you run over and rez people fighting around kc.

In other words - perfect cleric solo spot.

-Mcoy

ithaqua
02-19-2023, 10:29 PM
Turnkey or somewhere else in KC basement, most are blue to 60, some of the prisoners are exp green (Safe spot at the stairs right before the spawns)

Foreman and solo marines in OT maybe, easier during night when the dragons are out patrolling.

Toxigen
02-20-2023, 10:46 AM
KC basement. Theres a safe room. Lull out singles.

Encroaching Death
02-20-2023, 11:21 AM
HS is filled with solo Necros and Enchanters who would probably love to duo with a Cleric.

And clicky rez is a god send in that zone.

But if you wanna solo there, I'd message someone inside to make sure that entrance is clear. Because it can be a pain to break into sometimes.

Tooboredtoquit
02-20-2023, 06:38 PM
Lguk ghoul lord room

I've had some success in the hallways near there, but I'm not sure I have the gear or skill to manage the Lord room as I was struggling with the casters and got a few critical pacify resists too. However, those Bok Knights there do seem like nice targets. I'll keep at it.

I did about half of 59 vs the plaguebone champions (and the other greater plaguebones were often high green) at the ruins (and near the vp key dude) on #5 in dreadlands.

It's garbage xp, the champion mobs have way too many hp, and sometimes while you're medding a bard comes and pulls the ruins and you have to wait 20+ mins for the kite to die so you run over and rez people fighting around kc.

In other words - perfect cleric solo spot.

-Mcoy

Ha! Yeah, I think the Champions there are the same as by Wizard Portal. 6500hp is brutal :(

Turnkey or somewhere else in KC basement, most are blue to 60, some of the prisoners are exp green (Safe spot at the stairs right before the spawns)

Foreman and solo marines in OT maybe, easier during night when the dragons are out patrolling.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll check out KC. I don't have much experience in that zone aside from a bit of grouping on my Rogue. Looking at the wiki, seems like Turnkey will be too tough, but maybe some of the Spectrals down there have less HP and I can do them.

Interested out of the box idea about OT, I'll give it a whirl next time I hammer.

KC basement. Theres a safe room. Lull out singles.

Seems like KC might be a good spot! I'll go check it out, thank you for the suggestion.
HS is filled with solo Necros and Enchanters who would probably love to duo with a Cleric.

And clicky rez is a god send in that zone.

But if you wanna solo there, I'd message someone inside to make sure that entrance is clear. Because it can be a pain to break into sometimes.

Lot of farming, or networking, away from getting my sprinkler. Yeah, I'll go defang Xalgoz sometime soon and dip my toe into HS and look to duo. Yeah, good tip about getting a headsup before jumping in, ha! Thanks!

Crede
02-20-2023, 08:49 PM
Try grik the exiled in swamp. not undead but gonna be your easiest mob to hit 60 with if youre ok logging out since it tends to be camped more often

Encroaching Death
02-20-2023, 09:20 PM
Lot of farming, or networking, away from getting my sprinkler. Yeah, I'll go defang Xalgoz sometime soon and dip my toe into HS and look to duo. Yeah, good tip about getting a headsup before jumping in, ha! Thanks!

You'd probably be fine, honestly. But the entrance mobs are usually one undead and one living, and a 3rd add if you time it incorrectly. But Clerics get Invulnerable spells and roots, so you'd just need enough mana to burn down a living mob and an undead mob.

Being a Necro, I typically Invuln'd myself to avoid HT and then feign death after getting aggro. That's another thing to deal with in HS. Everything undead HTs in there.

Jimjam
02-21-2023, 05:47 PM
Cleric gets plate armour, divine aura, root, paci and memblur. They can zone into a zone.

Encroaching Death
02-21-2023, 05:56 PM
Cleric gets plate armour, divine aura, root, paci and memblur. They can zone into a zone.

And so do Necros and Chanters, but they also eat shit when breaking into HS if they aren't careful.

loramin
02-21-2023, 06:00 PM
And so do Necros and Chanters, but they also eat shit when breaking into HS if they aren't careful.

Necros and Chanters get plate? And Chanters get DA? :confused:

Encroaching Death
02-21-2023, 06:03 PM
Necros and Chanters get plate? And Chanters get DA? :confused:

Roughly speaking...they have a capable kit available to them.

If anyone, on any class zones into HS without being prepared or knowing what they'll walk into, there's probably a 98% chance of them dying.

Tooboredtoquit
02-21-2023, 07:00 PM
Try grik the exiled in swamp. not undead but gonna be your easiest mob to hit 60 with if youre ok logging out since it tends to be camped more often

I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm sticking to undead only for this character.

Certainly, I agree that Clerics have nice survivability. However, and considering my seemingly apparent noobishness, I think Encroaching Death was wise and just trying to be helpful in suggesting caution for me specifically when seeking to visit HS.

I'll be checking out KC this weekend, going to explore the basement area per the ideas in this thread, to see if I can make it viable for my half paying attention play style during the work week. I'll share an update for others looking for ideas after I check it out.

Additionally, I'm going to get my HS key and I convince a friend to join me sometime in the future, I'll report back how many times I die (if any) for the laughs.

Thanks!

Crede
02-21-2023, 09:20 PM
I appreciate the suggestion, but I'm sticking to undead only for this character.

Certainly, I agree that Clerics have nice survivability. However, and considering my seemingly apparent noobishness, I think Encroaching Death was wise and just trying to be helpful in suggesting caution for me specifically when seeking to visit HS.

I'll be checking out KC this weekend, going to explore the basement area per the ideas in this thread, to see if I can make it viable for my half paying attention play style during the work week. I'll share an update for others looking for ideas after I check it out.

Additionally, I'm going to get my HS key and I convince a friend to join me sometime in the future, I'll report back how many times I die (if any) for the laughs.

Thanks!

Always zone into HS with HoT then IVU on, that way at most you’ll only take 1 HT.l with healing immediately kicking in after. There’s a spot against the wall in OT by the orb you can cast it and have your key ready to click asap so they don’t attack you. Once in, if you do happen to get 1 HT, should be plenty of time to handle the adds or just da until you figure out your plans.

Toxigen
02-22-2023, 11:34 AM
Yeah don't worry about claiming Turnkey. Just run through LCY, go up the stairs to ramparts, head towards Hands, then take that right before and go down the spiral staircase to basement.

Off to the left in that first main corridor, there are 3 undead. Just beyond them on the left is an empty room. This is entirely safe. Lull out your singles, root/nuke, med, repeat.

More mobs further down the hall, go left, they will be single in their little cubbies so either IVU or use /tar to get your lull targets.

Plaxiglass
02-22-2023, 01:25 PM
Yeah don't worry about claiming Turnkey. Just run through LCY, go up the stairs to ramparts, head towards Hands, then take that right before and go down the spiral staircase to basement.

Off to the left in that first main corridor, there are 3 undead. Just beyond them on the left is an empty room. This is entirely safe. Lull out your singles, root/nuke, med, repeat.

More mobs further down the hall, go left, they will be single in their little cubbies so either IVU or use /tar to get your lull targets.

At what level should a cleric safely hunt there?

Toxigen
02-22-2023, 01:33 PM
At what level should a cleric safely hunt there?

I don't recommend a cleric to solo, ever.

However, as the OP requested, its the best spot for a solo cleric 58-60.

You could probably do it as soon as 55 (exile undead) but you're going to get some lull resists. Bring dat clicky.

Tooboredtoquit
02-22-2023, 06:28 PM
Always zone into HS with HoT then IVU on, that way at most you’ll only take 1 HT.l with healing immediately kicking in after. There’s a spot against the wall in OT by the orb you can cast it and have your key ready to click asap so they don’t attack you. Once in, if you do happen to get 1 HT, should be plenty of time to handle the adds or just da until you figure out your plans.

Pro-tips. Thank you!

This is amazing. Thank you! I'm looking forward to fighting there in the near future. It will be nice to be in a zone with some pickup groups too for when I can be a bit more active.

I don't recommend a cleric to solo, ever.

However, as the OP requested, its the best spot for a solo cleric 58-60.

You could probably do it as soon as 55 (exile undead) but you're going to get some lull resists. Bring dat clicky.

I've found soloing on my Cleric to not be too bad relative to other characters I've played. I've leveled a handful of characters to the low-50s, mostly always solo and usually doing an odd sort of restrictive or role play play style, and I've found Cleric to be the only one that I was able to not burn out at level 51 or 54, ha! So, actually, I guess that says more about me than the class, ha!

Toxigen
02-23-2023, 11:23 AM
This is amazing. Thank you! I'm looking forward to fighting there in the near future. It will be nice to be in a zone with some pickup groups too for when I can be a bit more active.

I've found soloing on my Cleric to not be too bad relative to other characters I've played. I've leveled a handful of characters to the low-50s, mostly always solo and usually doing an odd sort of restrictive or role play play style, and I've found Cleric to be the only one that I was able to not burn out at level 51 or 54, ha! So, actually, I guess that says more about me than the class, ha!

Yeah it'll be slow, but steady. Very rare to be bothered down there with any train shenanigans. If you really want to be safe on an AFK just imp IVU and you're good for 10 minutes.

i'm sure you're already aware, but the key is figuring out which combo of undead DDs finishes off the mob without "overnuking." There are different level mobs down there, so it'll take some adjusting.

I highly recommend investing in a Donal's Bracer (https://wiki.project1999.com/Donal%27s_Bracer_of_Mourning) if you haven't already. It'll save a TON of mana on that long grind of 58-60.

Pacify is really nice over lull for a solo cleric. As long as you can keep the (approx) 7 minute duration in mind, it'll come in handy more times than you can count.

Can bind outside for quick trips to the entrance when that 60 druid is offering POTGs in /ooc or you find a duo.

Plaxiglass
02-23-2023, 01:30 PM

Same here, I am a level 55 Cleric, I like the simplicity of the class, fights are fast, and the tools for survivability.

I will wait for your feedback on those mentioned spot. Right now I am soloing in front of lord room in lguk. The spot has single pulls (when you learn all the wandering mobs), great safe afk spots for medding up.

Looking for something similar, somewhere else once mobs will no longer con blue.

Toxigen
02-23-2023, 02:01 PM
Same here, I am a level 55 Cleric, I like the simplicity of the class, fights are fast, and the tools for survivability.

I will wait for your feedback on those mentioned spot. Right now I am soloing in front of lord room in lguk. The spot has single pulls (when you learn all the wandering mobs), great safe afk spots for medding up.

Looking for something similar, somewhere else once mobs will no longer con blue.

Yep. Aint shit for loot (ok, turnkey book of obulus but i digress) - KC basement is your next spot.

There really isnt any easier, more reliable camp for a solo cleric.

Plenty of mobs to go around. If theres a group at Verix you may have to fight their puller for Turnkey hall stuff but just claim it.

Plaxiglass
02-23-2023, 02:37 PM
Great will try it out 1 day after lguk. Does it have faction hit with OT outpost?

Crede
02-23-2023, 03:07 PM
Great will try it out 1 day after lguk. Does it have faction hit with OT outpost?

Yah per wiki decayed prisoners have a VS faction hit.

Toxigen
02-23-2023, 03:37 PM

Yep.

Fortunately you can pay someone with Puppet Strings for a charge and charm the foreman for your OT hammer.

Tooboredtoquit
02-27-2023, 07:10 PM
Toxigen was 100% on point. Choice spot. Safe and straightforward. Little tricky getting there for the first time if you're not comfortable, but no big deal at all and certainly very easy to get to compared to some camps in other places.

I was able to solo very briefly as groups were pulling everything from there to their camps elsewhere both times I checked, but definitely viable for soloing if available (and more mobs than I would be capable of keeping down).

I was also able to get in a pickup group as well, however, mixing in some non-Undead has led to me get a sacrifice in the tunnel as penance.

Thank you!

Toxigen
02-28-2023, 10:14 AM
Toxigen was 100% on point. Choice spot. Safe and straightforward. Little tricky getting there for the first time if you're not comfortable, but no big deal at all and certainly very easy to get to compared to some camps in other places.

I was able to solo very briefly as groups were pulling everything from there to their camps elsewhere both times I checked, but definitely viable for soloing if available (and more mobs than I would be capable of keeping down).

I was also able to get in a pickup group as well, however, mixing in some non-Undead has led to me get a sacrifice in the tunnel as penance.

Thank you!

Yep. If you can camp out there and sneak on during some off peak times it should be much more calm. When the zone is busy you'll often have both Hands and LCY groups running down there grabbing as many mobs as possible to bring back to their camps. Just kindly talk to their puller, in private, and ask them to at least be aware of your presence. They'll likely leave you plenty of mobs unless they're a total dickwad.

Best thing to do is get friendly with those pullers....then ask them if you can bum a C2 from their enchanter :)

If its really bad, just claim Turnkey in /ooc. Set up shop in that hallway. If pullers repeatedly take those mobs and train over you after asking them nicely via tells, petition them sumbitches. Guaranteed a guide will show up in stealth mode and watch whats going on.

Pint
03-03-2023, 09:46 AM
There's a good spot in the hole where dartain spawns but getting there at 58 might be tricky depending on how many rock golems you have to root camp before you can ivu in. If you can get there it's easy, safe and better XP then kc but the kc basement is definitely the "easy dad" option which sounds like your goal. You could also just afk kill the undead foreman in OT and afk on hammer hill all day. Sebilis crypt also doable but similar to HS and hole it's probably more danger then it's worth bc you'd spend forever trying to recover when you slip up

Tooboredtoquit
03-07-2023, 07:57 PM
58.5, been basement dwelling in KC and zapping undead! I've run into a lot of tryhards, but despite that this has still been a great spot! Thanks again for the suggestion.

There's a good spot in the hole where dartain spawns but getting there at 58 might be tricky depending on how many rock golems you have to root camp before you can ivu in. If you can get there it's easy, safe and better XP then kc but the kc basement is definitely the "easy dad" option which sounds like your goal. You could also just afk kill the undead foreman in OT and afk on hammer hill all day. Sebilis crypt also doable but similar to HS and hole it's probably more danger then it's worth bc you'd spend forever trying to recover when you slip up

Would you please expand a bit more on this spot in The Hole? Would this be fighting the ghosts down in the crypt/basement of the Tower? I always assumed that the Undead Tower area in The Hole was dangerous even for groups.

Crede
03-07-2023, 08:28 PM
58.5, been basement dwelling in KC and zapping undead! I've run into a lot of tryhards, but despite that this has still been a great spot! Thanks again for the suggestion.

Would you please expand a bit more on this spot in The Hole? Would this be fighting the ghosts down in the crypt/basement of the Tower? I always assumed that the Undead Tower area in The Hole was dangerous even for groups.

The basement below the undead tower has fallen erudites where dartain spawns. You gotta go through the graveyard to get there. They are easy to kill I’ve seen warriors go down there. But dartain will wreck you and spawns behind a rock so careful. Occasionally they pop this ghost of glohnor so once he’s up just kill the others.

Toxigen
03-08-2023, 03:46 AM
Yeah don't bother going to the hole as a solo cleric you're just gonna die.

Jimjam
03-08-2023, 07:25 AM
I seem to remember during pop era there was a haunted bath tub in the hole where you swam down into it and there was a whole secret room in there.

CR nightmare, but maybe a brell halfling rogue drag bot can fix that.

RobotGraveyard
04-19-2023, 11:09 AM
Yeah don't bother going to the hole as a solo cleric you're just gonna die.

Not true at all. I solo'd from 55-60 in undead crypt. Had an absolute blast. Super easy and laid back.

@Op here is my little guide for this.

Requirements:
Level 55 - This is because we get our final undead nuke, Exile Undead at this level.
2200 mana or more - Takes 8-10 casts of Exile Undead to kill 1 mob.
Some CHA gear - You are going to pacify your way all the way to Docks.

The basics of this are to get to the docks. 2 methods are available. 1) Pacify your way down. 2) Have a cleric friend already at the docks, you jump down the hole, they drag your corpse up the waterfall and rez you.

So method 1).
Get your CHA gear on, mem root, stun, pacify, and atone. The rest of the spells can be whatever you like. Too many random mobs see through invis so you aren't invising to camp.
Just pacify your way through the dungeon. If a single mob crit resists your pacify, you are fine. Root -> Pacify -> Atone (repeat atone if it didn't stick. You can tell when atone works by moving and the mob no longer focuses on you and turns towards you). If you crit resists and get adds, just root and log. Root and log is a great option whenever you don't feel comfortable.
You will very rarely get resists on the elementals. The rock golems and rats are fairly resistant so just keep in mind you may need to pacify a few times to get it to stick and you may get a crit resist.
This crawl is a lot of fun and absolutely shows off your cleric as more than a CHeal macro pusher.

So you made it to the docks, congrats! Go to the waterfall and bind yourself on the left side of the wall. "But RobortGraveyard, I dont' want to stay here forever!" Yeah, well you aren't. You can exit the hole via the door at the bottom of the zone by ducking and unducking while running at the holes in the left side of the door. Pop DA/DB, jump from the top of the waterfall, and run/duck through the door. Your success rate is 100% if yael isnt' up. If yael is strangely up, chances of survival drop. Now you can leave the hole as you please. Toxx has ports, you can use your hammer on trash in the yard, you are never stuck there.

With yourself bound to the left side of the top of the waterfall, you are now ready to drop down to undead tower. On the left side, drop to the ledge just below you. You might take 5-6 fall dmg. Now, you can see the bottom of the hole straight ahead and to your right. To your left you can see undead tower. It looks like far down, but it isn't! Run along the left edge and aim for the area below to the left! This spot is safe on the outter right wall. Heal up from the fall damage and mem IVU. There is 1 roaming golem but his path is very simple and fast. When he leaves the undead tower, IVU up and run in the first area. Head to the left graveyard and towards the back, there is a door to the right that takes you to the crypt. Welcome home. 4 spawns of https://wiki.project1999.com/A_fallen_erudite. 21.5 min timer. The 3 in the front will agro you if you agro one. So we IVU, select 1, run to the hallway and pacify. Do this on all 3 then pull 1 one from the side rooms or the center. Drantin the lost is in the back of this area behind a stone door. He won't agro you unless you stand too long by the tomb thing in the center. If you run to the back spawn, just hug the right walls and he won't bother you.

When you pull your mob, go to the little hallway before the crypt and just root/nuke here.

I did 55-60 here in not a long time at all. Maybe a few weeks of casual play. AT 59, I was getting 1% every 4 kills. Is it great? Nah. Is it awful? Nah. Just sit back and grind. You can gate up to your bind, jump down and get ports, POTG, bank, whatever else.

Worth noting, you will not get rich doing this. They drop bone chips only and maybe 4g to 2pp a kill.

Anyone have other questions, feel free to reach out! I am will make a video of getting to camp some day.

Toxigen
04-19-2023, 02:42 PM
Impressive. I knew you could jump down to the undead area from waterfall, but I didn't know about an easily accessible 4 spawn from there.

Is there a spot to med / afk in complete safety?

Crede
04-19-2023, 06:39 PM
Impressive. I knew you could jump down to the undead area from waterfall, but I didn't know about an easily accessible 4 spawn from there.

Is there a spot to med / afk in complete safety?

Yes. The hallway between crypt door and the first corner where he suggested you should root nuke. Nothing here until you turn the corner and go deeper where the fallen erudites spawn.

Also, this is why cha clerics are the shit. I regret going dorf on mine.

Crede
04-19-2023, 06:41 PM
Not true at all. I solo'd from 55-60 in undead crypt. Had an absolute blast. Super easy and laid back.

Requirements:
Level 55 - This is because we get our final undead nuke, Exile Undead at this level.
2200 mana or more - Takes 8-10 casts of Exile Undead to kill 1 mob.
Some CHA gear - You are going to pacify your way all the way to Docks.

The basics of this are to get to the docks. 2 methods are available. 1) Pacify your way down. 2) Have a cleric friend already at the docks, you jump down the hole, they drag your corpse up the waterfall and rez you.

So method 1).
Get your CHA gear on, mem root, stun, pacify, and atone. The rest of the spells can be whatever you like. Too many random mobs see through invis so you aren't invising to camp.
Just pacify your way through the dungeon. If a single mob crit resists your pacify, you are fine. Root -> Pacify -> Atone (repeat atone if it didn't stick. You can tell when atone works by moving and the mob no longer focuses on you and turns towards you). If you crit resists and get adds, just root and log. Root and log is a great option whenever you don't feel comfortable.
You will very rarely get resists on the elementals. The rock golems and rats are fairly resistant so just keep in mind you may need to pacify a few times to get it to stick and you may get a crit resist.
This crawl is a lot of fun and absolutely shows off your cleric as more than a CHeal macro pusher.

So you made it to the docks, congrats! Go to the waterfall and bind yourself on the left side of the wall. "But RobortGraveyard, I dont' want to stay here forever!" Yeah, well you aren't. You can exit the hole via the door at the bottom of the zone by ducking and unducking while running at the holes in the left side of the door. Pop DA/DB, jump from the top of the waterfall, and run/duck through the door. Your success rate is 100% if yael isnt' up. If yael is strangely up, chances of survival drop. Now you can leave the hole as you please. Toxx has ports, you can use your hammer on trash in the yard, you are never stuck there.

With yourself bound to the left side of the top of the waterfall, you are now ready to drop down to undead tower. On the left side, drop to the ledge just below you. You might take 5-6 fall dmg. Now, you can see the bottom of the hole straight ahead and to your right. To your left you can see undead tower. It looks like far down, but it isn't! Run along the left edge and aim for the area below to the left! This spot is safe on the outter right wall. Heal up from the fall damage and mem IVU. There is 1 roaming golem but his path is very simple and fast. When he leaves the undead tower, IVU up and run in the first area. Head to the left graveyard and towards the back, there is a door to the right that takes you to the crypt. Welcome home. 4 spawns of https://wiki.project1999.com/A_fallen_erudite. 21.5 min timer. The 3 in the front will agro you if you agro one. So we IVU, select 1, run to the hallway and pacify. Do this on all 3 then pull 1 one from the side rooms or the center. Drantin the lost is in the back of this area behind a stone door. He won't agro you unless you stand too long by the tomb thing in the center. If you run to the back spawn, just hug the right walls and he won't bother you.

When you pull your mob, go to the little hallway before the crypt and just root/nuke here.

I did 55-60 here in not a long time at all. Maybe a few weeks of casual play. AT 59, I was getting 1% every 4 kills. Is it great? Nah. Is it awful? Nah. Just sit back and grind. You can gate up to your bind, jump down and get ports, POTG, bank, whatever else.

Worth noting, you will not get rich doing this. They drop bone chips only and maybe 4g to 2pp a kill.

Anyone have other questions, feel free to reach out! I am will make a video of getting to camp some day.

Nice write up didn’t know you could Drop down into undead area, always did that nasty crawl up the rock door way. Did you just solo the ghost of glohnor when it spawned?

RobotGraveyard
04-19-2023, 07:01 PM
Nice write up didn’t know you could Drop down into undead area, always did that nasty crawl up the rock door way. Did you just solo the ghost of glohnor when it spawned?

Yep, same deal as the other mobs, just has more HP. Maybe takes 2 more casts.

Tooboredtoquit
05-01-2023, 07:08 PM
@RobotGraveyard, thanks a bunch for posting that write up of the undead camp in the Hole! I might go check it out for a change of pace! I'll report back if I was able to successfully follow your instructions. Really helpful, thank you for taking the time to share.

Update on KC basement skeletons - I'm now 58.75, slow and steady as I wasn't able to make much progress the past month due to work and family commitments. However, the exp is pretty good depending on the breakdown of greens to blues. The main issue is finding the monsters available as they are often being pulled elsewhere. Sometimes I do struggle on the rare occasions when I can't get a POTG or Clarity as 1of the 2 types of skeleton spawns does have a bit more HP than my mana can handle and requires a lot of meddling while fighting in order to finish them off. Regardless, it continues to be a safe and solid spot to nuke some undead!

bcbrown
07-31-2023, 09:41 PM
I'd love to hear more about your experiences soloing Lower Guk on a cleric. I tried it at 50 and noped out after having trouble breaking the Ass/Sup room.

enjchanter
08-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Just paci shit and if you get a crit fail, root everything and camp

Tooboredtoquit
08-19-2023, 12:43 AM
My update... I've hit 59 (0% in, lol). I died a bunch trying to get to and figure out the Hole crypt area. Going to try it again soon though. Otherwise it is back to KC basement and just trying to get the 3 spawns by myself during off hours.

For the Guk questions...

I'd love to hear more about your experiences soloing Lower Guk on a cleric. I tried it at 50 and noped out after having trouble breaking the Ass/Sup room.

I'm surprised you're having trouble. With that, I wasn't trying to kill nameds I was there for exp and it's super chill for that.

With IVU you can move around on dead side safely as only a few named monsters will see you and you would have to seek them out to be seen. There's actually a lot more safe spots than just "safe hall".
Pacify doesn't need line of sight, but monsters do. Use corners and the camera to safely make pulls. You can almost always get single pulls if you just take it slow.
Respawn time is like 25-30 minutes. Once you break a camp, you're good for the rest of your session and it's real laid back.
Don't mess with the casters unless you're good with your stuns. There's tons of Knights (warriors) so you can avoid them.
Cavalier-area through low-50s. For the mid-high 50s you can do Sentinel-area (safest spot in Guk) or just chill near Hand and run into hallways and snipe the knights (safe down in one of the traps and relatively safe in little hallway before Hand).
Sentinel-area is right by FBSS camp, which isn't camped that often on blue. You can roll over there and sometimes get lucky with a spawn - again just use Pacify to pull monsters out and then bring it down to safe area by Sentinel to fight. Long fight.
Exp get really bad at 58 as most are green, but you can push through if you hate yourself. Can't see it being feasible still for 59-60 unless you're able to fight the Bok Knights and higher-wizards which I was not.
Exile Undead at 55 is a game-changer for smiting Frogs.
I have relatively bad gear (Full Imbued Koada`Dal Mithril, no epic), but I did have 170 CHA without any gear swaps and I rarely would get critical resists. Additionally, I could pretty much face tank frogs.
Lastly, make sure you buff yourself. I kept these 4 buffs up at all time - Armor of Protection (39 spells, stacks with everything), Symbol of Pinzam (best Japser one, don't even need to use the Peridot ones), Heroism, and Resist Magic (I like to pretend it works on Frog root, but doesn't feel like it).

Just paci shit and if you get a crit fail, root everything and camp

Yup! Guk is a great zone to get good with your pacifying skills as the risk isn't too high as the Frog's (aside from the nameds and casters) don't hit too hard. I rarely even would camp out as post 55 you can just burn one down with exile undead and then atone/pacify and be good.

bcbrown
08-24-2023, 06:23 PM
For the Guk questions... I'm surprised you're having trouble. With that, I wasn't trying to kill nameds I was there for exp and it's super chill for that.

I made three attempts to break the ass/sup room. First attempt, I didn't think the greens would assist the named. Dumb mistake, compounded because I kept nuking instead of gating out, so I died. Second attempt, I Calmed the greens by using IVU to climb up and target them, but I took too long and by the time I got the second calmed, the first one timed out, so I had to gate out. I think there was a pather that I had to root/calm/atone which is why it took too long. Third attempt, right when I got the two greens Pacified, the puller for an xp group popped in and snagged the named, so I quit in frustration.

Thanks for the tips, I'll have to try again soon.

mcoy
08-24-2023, 08:39 PM
Use pacify; you get 7 minutes.

-Mcoy

Tooboredtoquit
09-01-2023, 12:46 PM

So method 1).

Thank you, RobotGraveyard!

I finally made it to the Crypt camp and have been fighting there a bit. Here's my take on both the camp and the crawl down through the Hole.

Getting to the docks SUCKS nowadays when the zone is basically empty. The sheer number of monsters that I had to pacify my way past was overwhelming, especially as I wasn't too familiar with the spawns and pathing.

There's an Elemental or a Golem around EVERY F'N CORNER. Seriously, every single one. Line of sight cheesiness is required for any and all blind spots and entryways. Take it slow. Wait a cycle to see if other monsters also route past too, because they definitely do.

Without a Donal's Bracer, which I didn't have, this is straight up not a good time because there is just SO DAMN MUCH to pacify. I have 2550 mana and I got stuck a few times on low mana and was cornered in shitty spots. Was it kind of cool sitting around a bunch of rooted and pacified stuff juggling crowd control and meditating for 20 minutes? No, no it wasn't. Does it suck to camp out and then log back in and get nearly wrecked? Yes, yes, it does.

Level 59, 190 CHA. I got very few resists even on Golems. The times I had to camp and reset were where I missed a pacify on a monster and got jumped. My issues were mana constraints as even when going slow I would still miss monsters. Definitely a PITA, but I never felt in too much danger and it was neat to sneak past all those asshole monsters. For anyone reading this, there are so many damn monsters.

Took me a second to figure out where to bind at the docks, but it's out in the water around the wall and is totally safe. From there, it does feel pretty badass to drop down and then slide into the Undead Tower area. I could actually see the golem pathing out before I slide off the edge, so I just IVU'd, fell in, and then ran through the Crypt all in one shot.

The hallway by the Fallen Erudite camp in the Crypt is safe. I personally AFK'd for extended periods of time and had no issues. The initial break of the camp is annoying as you have to IVU 3x, line of sight the skeletons, and pacify them before pulling out. The spawn time is long enough though that once the camp is broken you don't need to do it again as long as you're active. Relatively easy 3 pulls and similar to the KC Basement monsters. I never have had the mana to go in the back to pull the 4th Fallen Erudite.

The Ghost of Glohnor can get fucked. Resists pacify frequently, the fight takes forever with my mana pool, and root breaks ALL THE TIME. This guy really ruins the flow of an otherwise decent camp.

Regarding the Fallen Erudites themselves, the majority are green at 59 and the estimate given earlier in the thread of 4 kills per 1% at level 59 seems accurate. The HP on the wiki is not accurate for these monsters as it states 5,000 health, but they take 8 casts of Exile Undead plus 1 cast of Turning of the Unnatural. I would estimate they have ~6,100 HP. They also seem to drop root on nukes frequently compared to my experience with the KC basement monsters, but that could be variance and not accurate. Regardless, between the work to break the camp, keep it down, and maybe dealing with that Ghost asshole, it's challenging at 2550 mana.

I found KC basement to be easier, more convenient, and better loot. The experience between the two camps seems to be the same. Despite that, I'll fight here in this deathtrap for a while as I like the vibe better and the KC basement monsters were more often camped. RobotGraveyard was correct though in that once you're down here it's pretty safe and laid back. I'll update again as I get more time down in the Crypt.

Crede
09-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Paci is prob overkill most of the time if you’re trying to just crawl go with calm to save mana if you don’t need paci duration. But yea best to just get bracer.

Solist
09-02-2023, 05:59 PM

Was soloing it at 44 on green in rubicicte and classic cha gear... You are doing something profoundly wrong.

Solist
09-02-2023, 06:00 PM
Without a bracer, use calm. We used calm for 9 years here until the pacify duration charm just fine. Breaks every room without issue in the game except one in east wing HS.

bcbrown
09-03-2023, 07:37 PM
Was soloing it at 44 on green in rubicicte and classic cha gear... You are doing something profoundly wrong.

Yes, yes I am. I've only been playing for about a year, and this was my first attempt at soloing on a cleric. Can you help me figure it out?

I made three attempts to break the ass/sup room. First attempt, I didn't think the greens would assist the named. Dumb mistake, compounded because I kept nuking instead of gating out, so I died. Second attempt, I Calmed the greens by using IVU to climb up and target them, but I took too long and by the time I got the second calmed, the first one timed out, so I had to gate out when I pulled two. I think there was a pather that I had to root/calm/atone which is why it took too long. Third attempt, right when I got the two greens Pacified, the puller for an xp group popped in and snagged the named, so I quit in frustration.

Is there a way to target the mobs in the ass/sup room without using IVU and climbing up the ladder into their little loft? Once I get a single pull, should I be root/nuking or face nuking?

Also, my gear still sucks. I've got a bunch of fine plate and the charisma of a dwarf.

Nibblewitz
09-03-2023, 09:34 PM
LGuk; near the ghoul lord

Tooboredtoquit
09-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Yes, yes I am. I've only been playing for about a year, and this was my first attempt at soloing on a cleric. Can you help me figure it out?

Is there a way to target the mobs in the ass/sup room without using IVU and climbing up the ladder into their little loft? Once I get a single pull, should I be root/nuking or face nuking?

Also, my gear still sucks. I've got a bunch of fine plate and the charisma of a dwarf.

To clarify, are you trying to fight Ass/Sup for a bag or belt? If so, level up a bit and try it again later.

If not, that's a bad exp spot. You should fight anywhere else in LGuk as that's way too tough for your situation. Go to Cavalier area and grind some exp. Next, go to Sentinel area. Afterwards, go to Lord area. That will take you through to 58-59 - and most importantly all of those spots have easy pulls with pacify LoS and have safe spots to med/afk.

Not mine, but this guy's videos should help you with Cavalier and Sentinel camps.

- Sentinel (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9OyLYfC4CU)
- Cavalier (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4fEhupgRJE)

Keep at it! LGuk is a cool zone to master.

Tooboredtoquit
09-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Paci is prob overkill most of the time if youÂ’re trying to just crawl go with calm to save mana if you donÂ’t need paci duration. But yea best to just get bracer.

Without a bracer, use calm. We used calm for 9 years here until the pacify duration charm just fine. Breaks every room without issue in the game except one in east wing HS.

Yeah, 100%. In hindsight, I was an idiot using pacify the whole way down. I assumed that calm had a lower reduction in aggressiveness and it wouldn't be effective, I was wrong and I can confirm that calm works just fine for the crawl.

I actually did the crawl 2 more times. First, my dumb-ass didn't actually bind at docks the first time, lol. Second, I was helping someone get a corpse in a bad spot. In both cases I used calm instead of pacify and I was much more IDGAF with my roots keeping it moving overall.

Once the initial first time jitters are done the crawl is not terrible, still sucks big time when zone is empty, but not too awful after learning some of the monster locations.

Regarding the camp itself, I've had some new insights and my perception has changed a bit... I think it is better than KC upon review for this specific niche of undead soloing on a Cleric. Some of the KC basement mobs, Soldiers, have too much HP and they are the blue cons for me there. Whereas in the Hole, the blue con Fallen Erudites have a bit more manageable HP (still more than Wiki says, but it's doable).

In case this helps a future Cleric -

- You don't need IVU to break the first 3 skeletons as the middle Fallen Erudite doesn't get feisty unless you go further into hallway than required to LoS the first 2 skeletons in the left and right rooms.

- With my mana pool, 2550, pushing for 3 kills before a respawn is barely doable. A fight with some bad root breaks or having to heal myself and I'm behind. Super chill for 2 monsters though if you're not a try hard or have bad gear like me.

- On that note, having the Ghost spawn in the first 2 rooms is a blessing as he is not aggressive and not social with the other monsters. I did not initially notice this for a while. As a result, you get a very easy 2-monster "Dad camp" as there's no need for pacify to pull singles now.

- 60/40 split of green and blue cons at 59. Regardless, 4 kills per 1% exp over a big enough sample to be confident in that rate (this rate was before double-exp bonus from the current holiday weekend).

- Root does seem to break more than desired on the blue cons, but whatever.

- I've oddly had a few random skeletons choose to run which must be a glitch. DO NOT chase them up the stairs and out into the graveyard haha!

- Ghost runs on low health as expected, I let him go once as I was half-AFK and it took him 30+ minutes to come back and he did not aggro me when he walked back by and brought no monsters with him. He has been spinning on the tombstone in a circle since then, BIG MAD and steaming I presume.

Toxigen
09-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Regarding the camp itself, I've had some new insights and my perception has changed a bit... I think it is better than KC upon review for this specific niche of undead soloing on a Cleric. Some of the KC basement mobs, Soldiers, have too much HP and they are the blue cons for me there. Whereas in the Hole, the blue con Fallen Erudites have a bit more manageable HP (still more than Wiki says, but it's doable).

pretty big ZEM difference too iirc

Toxigen
09-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Y

- I've oddly had a few random skeletons choose to run which must be a glitch. DO NOT chase them up the stairs and out into the graveyard haha!

wow where is that chortles thread where he didnt believe an undead mob ran from an enchanter in HS?

there was a character deletion bet made but i dont think either one followed through to get proof

it can happen!

loramin
09-06-2023, 01:28 PM
FYI I created https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Hole_Undead_Crypt from this thread (and added it to the Per-Level Hunting Guide). Great write-ups: now my Cleric has somewhere new and fun to try!

Naxy
09-16-2023, 01:29 AM
FYI I created https://wiki.project1999.com/The_Hole_Undead_Crypt from this thread (and added it to the Per-Level Hunting Guide). Great write-ups: now my Cleric has somewhere new and fun to try!

Nicely Done!

RobotGraveyard
09-21-2023, 12:55 PM
Oh man! Thanks so much for doing this! I'm honored, Loramin!
I have recorded a video of solo crawling a cleric to the spot that I am going to narrate and upload soon. I'll be sure to post it and update that wiki!

Tooboredtoquit
09-21-2023, 08:40 PM
Hit 60 today and completed my 1-60 undead only cleric solo.

Did almost all of 59 at the Crypt. Thank you to everyone for sharing information on the KC and Hole camps as well as other spots in this thread. 7 months for the last 2 levels, not bad, ha!

RobotGraveyard
09-22-2023, 10:05 AM
Grats! That is awesome!!! What did you think of crypt?

Toxigen
09-25-2023, 03:11 PM
Hit 60 today and completed my 1-60 undead only cleric solo.

Did almost all of 59 at the Crypt. Thank you to everyone for sharing information on the KC and Hole camps as well as other spots in this thread. 7 months for the last 2 levels, not bad, ha!

grats! you can now complete heal in raids and use your dkp on your pending melee alt twink