PDA

View Full Version : New Green server

LuckJaw
02-16-2023, 07:29 PM
Do we know if there a plan to reset Green in short term? Moving people to Blue and restarting this one from scratch??

Swish
02-16-2023, 10:27 PM
Maybe in March, maybe not.

wuanahto
02-17-2023, 01:22 AM
i dunno, green got a few months warning before it actually happened

Trexller
02-17-2023, 01:38 AM
i'll bet you we don't get any warning at all, like the green velious release.

months before green even launched, full guilds were established, farm crews formed, individual plans made on how to best exploit the new server/players. people even scheduled time off work. I assume this is exactly why there was no notice given when teal merged to green and when velious launched.

this enabled a small fraction of the player base to gain a massive advantage from day 1

new server launch with less than a week or a day's notice would prevent alot of that from happening. of course many of the same people will follow exactly the same plan, but they'll have to get their shit together while the server is up, not beforehand.

that would allow the casuals a chance at more than scraps left behind

Jobaber
02-17-2023, 01:42 AM
If 1 character completes all the epic quests the server will launch.
(is that even possible?)

Jimjam
02-17-2023, 02:51 AM
Some one (probably many but I remember one) did it on live.

Swish
02-17-2023, 09:54 PM
Maybe if people donate it'll be the trigger (link on front page)

Valakut
02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Do we know if there a plan to reset Green in short term? Moving people to Blue and restarting this one from scratch??

nothing is official or confirmed but assuming a new progression server comes it may not have a current color affiliation. i dont think the plan is to merge as much as it is a possible reaction to guilds dying on low pop pve servers when all move to the prog server. it also took blizzard launching wow classic and cleaving the p99 community to get a new progression server. there are no titles i see in the future that would have the same effect in forcing the staff to release a progression server with the except of that brad mcquaid vaporware game that people used to talk about that probably never leaves alpha.

Swish
02-18-2023, 09:58 PM
...that brad mcquaid vaporware game that people used to talk about that probably never leaves alpha.

It's amazing to see people being strung along by that weekly/monthly/whatever update stream they do where they really examine something minor in a lot of detail.

You know what other game in development went down this road? EQ Next.

Enough to keep people thinking it's happening/investing but 0.01% progress per month.