PDA

View Full Version : Friendly chat thread

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 10:50 AM
today is going to be very boring, but i'll be able to play internet chat with my toxic elf friends <3

how is everyone?

i'm finishing up a really good book: these old shades, by georgette heyer. there's a lot of french words and phrases in it, which made me think of my old french canadian eq friends from live. also i woke up with a slightly sore throat, so as a devoted hypochondriac i am now yet again utterly convinced that i am dying.

thinking i may make a bean soup today. trying to get more plant-based whole foods in.

Chortles Snortles
02-03-2023, 10:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/5P7aEyB.gif

GeorgeCostanza
02-03-2023, 10:59 AM
kimmie's so triggered :D

i have to stop poasting so i can't be too friendly, but hi, good morning. Beansoup sounds good, so healthy, would cure my headache from over-werking-out yesterday. I got stuck pretty far out on foot at 3am when the paths froze and became highly slippery and cold, lol. I shoulda packed ice skates.

Anyway a tall prince just got home and I must treat him now. :cool:

Chortles Snortles
02-03-2023, 11:01 AM

Basanos
02-03-2023, 11:05 AM
I had an egg and sausage burrito for breakfast. Then I bought overpriced coffee in the women's center. When we get home I am going to make shakshuka for dinner.

We also plan to watch the 8th season finale of Doctor Who tonight, where Nick Frost plays santa.

GeorgeCostanza
02-03-2023, 11:07 AM
what do u mean women's center, Basanos? university or?

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 11:07 AM
kimmie's so triggered :D

i have to stop poasting so i can't be too friendly, but hi, good morning. Beansoup sounds good, so healthy, would cure my headache from over-werking-out yesterday. I got stuck pretty far out on foot at 3am when the paths froze and became highly slippery and cold, lol. I shoulda packed ice skates.

Anyway a tall prince just got home and I must treat him now. :cool:

lulz can be very clever and fun, but this new work of his is uninspired at best.

hiking? i love exercise!! you can always chat with me if you wanna nerd out about exercise.

gotta get ready for my boring work day now; brb whenever <3

Basanos
02-03-2023, 11:12 AM
what do u mean women's center, Basanos? university or?She has a mammogram scheduled today. When she was initially diagnosed with leukemia, they also noticed a small cluster in one of her breasts. The chemo for the leukemia likely knocked it out, but they wanna make sure

GeorgeCostanza
02-03-2023, 12:26 PM
She has a mammogram scheduled today. When she was initially diagnosed with leukemia, they also noticed a small cluster in one of her breasts. The chemo for the leukemia likely knocked it out, but they wanna make sure

Congratulations ahead of time. However bumpy the journey, I know fate will be kind to a family like yours :)

Chortles Snortles
02-03-2023, 12:30 PM

Basanos
02-03-2023, 12:34 PM
Congratulations ahead of time. However bumpy the journey, I know fate will be kind to a family like yours :)Thanks.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 12:38 PM
I had an egg and sausage burrito for breakfast. Then I bought overpriced coffee in the women's center. When we get home I am going to make shakshuka for dinner.

We also plan to watch the 8th season finale of Doctor Who tonight, where Nick Frost plays santa.

Burritos <3

Shakshuka sounds so good. It's so funny that I've never watched Doctor Who- everyone says it's so good! Hoping for good news from the Women's Center.

Basanos
02-03-2023, 12:50 PM
Thanks. Me too. Still haven't actually had the mammogram, it was scheduled for 7:30 AM.

Doctor Who reminds me a lot of Star Trek in that most of the episodes aren't very good, but a handful per season are a lot of fun. It doesn't take itself as seriously as Star Trek. Plus, the Doctor is... kind of a sociopath.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 01:42 PM
Thanks. Me too. Still haven't actually had the mammogram, it was scheduled for 7:30 AM.

Doctor Who reminds me a lot of Star Trek in that most of the episodes aren't very good, but a handful per season are a lot of fun. It doesn't take itself as seriously as Star Trek. Plus, the Doctor is... kind of a sociopath.

ugh i'm the worst nerd- i've never really watched star trek either!!

how did you get into eq? what server did you come from? i figure most people are bluebies ofc :(

my soup is made, just letting it simmer for a bit now before eating. in the meantime, i fried up some shishito peppers. i feel like i never fry these long enough; they start to turn black and i get scared they're gonna burn lol :P

https://i.imgur.com/j0NUkmV.jpg

still, this is one of the simplest and tastiest ways to get your vitamin c in!

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 01:54 PM
also we can talk about literally anything!

everyone, what are your hopes and dreams? what brings you joy in the world? do you know any fun and informative animal facts?

https://i.imgur.com/vjpNAHI.jpeg

also, should i play p99 again? which server and what race/class/deity? idk why but i woke up this morning thinking about norrath

Basanos
02-03-2023, 01:57 PM
I was on green, have not played since last year. Before P1999, I was a longtime Shards of Dalaya person. Before that, I last played live when LDoN first came out. First on Fennin Ro, then later on Xev.

Well, that last part isn't strictly true. I made a Beastlord on live last year too, got up to level 70 something and then got bored and stopped because I wasn't gonna actually pay a subscription

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 02:18 PM
I was on green, have not played since last year. Before P1999, I was a longtime Shards of Dalaya person. Before that, I last played live when LDoN first came out. First on Fennin Ro, then later on Xev.

Well, that last part isn't strictly true. I made a Beastlord on live last year too, got up to level 70 something and then got bored and stopped because I wasn't gonna actually pay a subscription

lmao loser bluebie. jk (kinda) you seem alright.

i miss vallon zek so much. what do you think it is about EQ that keeps you coming back? is it just nostalgia or is this actually the best video game ever? i don't even play video games anymore but often find myself fantasizing about EQ lore, and the way you can roleplay as fun interesting elves.

like what would it actually be like to worship cazic thule as an erudite? thou art fear wtf.

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 03:08 PM
Hi! Plz help out Dracula. He's lonely and needs to do an inventory on all the forums (https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414653) bats powering up green 2.0

You will also get post counts too! Powering up your forums guy now that Jibartik has lost his main accounts password u could be most powerful poster one day.

G-d bless 🙏 and stay warm ✨ and safe 🙏 also R I P starkind she was taken b4 her time 💔 😢 🙏 🤐😵😭

Also I come back because of the art and it is easier to play than wow while having 10x more depth than wow. And live is lonely for me.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 03:31 PM
Hi! Plz help out Dracula. He's lonely and needs to do an inventory on all the forums (https://project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414653) bats powering up green 2.0

You will also get post counts too! Powering up your forums guy now that Jibartik has lost his main accounts password u could be most powerful poster one day.

G-d bless 🙏 and stay warm ✨ and safe 🙏 also R I P starkind she was taken b4 her time 💔 😢 🙏 🤐😵😭

Also I come back because of the art and it is easier to play than wow while having 10x more depth than wow. And live is lonely for me.

lol what.

okay i posted in your counting thread. i vaguely remember starkind from last time; why was she banned? and i remember you some too. weren't you mean to me or something? you should probably calm down a bit tbh.

maybe it's just bc it's friday or something but the forums here seem kinda slow now. i'm halfway between quitting P99 forever again or making a new character, probably on green bc it sucks having no one to chat with (RIP red :(). depth is a good word for what EQ has over wow.

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 03:42 PM
lol what.

okay i posted in your counting thread. i vaguely remember starkind from last time; why was she banned? and i remember you some too. weren't you mean to me or something? you should probably calm down a bit tbh.

maybe it's just bc it's friday or something but the forums here seem kinda slow now. i'm halfway between quitting P99 forever again or making a new character, probably on green bc it sucks having no one to chat with (RIP red :(). depth is a good word for what EQ has over wow.
If you come to red I can buff u with my 51 cleric in the AM. Exp is pretty fast there. Tbh. It's way more fun frim a nostalgiac perspective plus public ooc.

I don't remember being mean to u. U where on my friends list.

Tbh. EQ is good to play in 15 minute intervals every few hrs at my age. Makes it way less strenuous and much more enjoyable just to revisit the old world we all know and love.

If you've never played a big character like a troll or ogre i recommend u lvl one up through the rathe mnts area! And guk. Remember if you pull up nexto the lvl 5 green frogs at the zl u can safely kill the bigger ones without worrying about them running and stuff!

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 04:01 PM
If you come to red I can buff u with my 51 cleric in the AM. Exp is pretty fast there. Tbh. It's way more fun frim a nostalgiac perspective plus public ooc.

I don't remember being mean to u. U where on my friends list.

Tbh. EQ is good to play in 15 minute intervals every few hrs at my age. Makes it way less strenuous and much more enjoyable just to revisit the old world we all know and love.

If you've never played a big character like a troll or ogre i recommend u lvl one up through the rathe mnts area! And guk. Remember if you pull up nexto the lvl 5 green frogs at the zl u can safely kill the bigger ones without worrying about them running and stuff!

that's nice of you!

i've got a 60 druid and a bunch of random 40s and 50s. think i have two clerics in their 50s bc i wanted a gnome and a high elf lol. i was actually on red day 1, whenever in november 2011 i think? casey taught me some neat kiting methods i'd never known before.

maybe i'm misremembering about you being mean. the last character i tried out was an ogre shaman, but then people started being weird. i'm kinda over the weird toxicity stuff.

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 04:05 PM
that's nice of you!

i've got a 60 druid and a bunch of random 40s and 50s. think i have two clerics in their 50s bc i wanted a gnome and a high elf lol. i was actually on red day 1, whenever in november 2011 i think? casey taught me some neat kiting methods i'd never known before.

maybe i'm misremembering about you being mean. the last character i tried out was an ogre shaman, but then people started being weird. i'm kinda over the weird toxicity stuff.

Can't hurt to have more than one cleric or druid imo. Can leave them in convenient spots or just use one to buff newbies.

My cleric is my 3rd I've leveled to post 50 and I've the itch to get her to 60 again.

Red seems a lot less toxic lately. Just ignore perdition. Like they aren't even on there.

Basanos
02-03-2023, 04:12 PM
lmao loser bluebie. jk (kinda) you seem alright.

i miss vallon zek so much. what do you think it is about EQ that keeps you coming back? is it just nostalgia or is this actually the best video game ever? i don't even play video games anymore but often find myself fantasizing about EQ lore, and the way you can roleplay as fun interesting elves.

like what would it actually be like to worship cazic thule as an erudite? thou art fear wtf.The short answer is that the game is generally harder than a lot of modern comparable games but with even a smidge of skill you can still do things solo. I rarely grouped, and raided even less. I was always too sloppy of an alcoholic to be tolerable in group settings.

I like tradeskills and the ability to do long boring camps while I did something else, like reading or homework when I was in school.

When I first started this game back in 1999 I was working overnight shifts in hotels, typically alone. Barring a disaster like some drunk shit being beaten nearly to death with a vodka bottle or guest trying to fight me, most nights I'd play for hours.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 04:55 PM
Can't hurt to have more than one cleric or druid imo. Can leave them in convenient spots or just use one to buff newbies.

My cleric is my 3rd I've leveled to post 50 and I've the itch to get her to 60 again.

Red seems a lot less toxic lately. Just ignore perdition. Like they aren't even on there.

xD

the last time i played it just felt like everyone was the same toxic personality. ooc was filled with the usual conspiracy theory nonsense 24/7, whenever people were talking at all. like there's a reason i don't spend my time on 4chan. i just don't worship entropy the way others seem to.

on live i got to act out my sadistic impulses, but it was interesting because other people wanted to play the chivalrous hero. you can be anyone you want on an everquest pvp server, and on red99 everyone picked the same lol. no one even cares to rp anymore, which i will always love.

the social interactions are what make EQ the amazing game it is, and is what i'm always craving that newer MMOs never have. at this point red is beyond dead, sadly. i'm really hoping there's a pvp server 2.0 sometime. if i'm aware of it, i'll be there day 1 again.

The short answer is that the game is generally harder than a lot of modern comparable games but with even a smidge of skill you can still do things solo. I rarely grouped, and raided even less. I was always too sloppy of an alcoholic to be tolerable in group settings.

I like tradeskills and the ability to do long boring camps while I did something else, like reading or homework when I was in school.

When I first started this game back in 1999 I was working overnight shifts in hotels, typically alone. Barring a disaster like some drunk shit being beaten nearly to death with a vodka bottle or guest trying to fight me, most nights I'd play for hours.

that makes some sense, i guess. we've all done our fair share of soloing at one point or another. it's very cool how everyone has a different reason for enjoying eq. the team/guild politics back on VZ were incredible to experience. fantasy racism was wild, back before blatant racism became mainstream again irl.

soloing, tradeskills, and long boring camps. three reasons i would never pick for liking eq lol.

GinnasP99
02-03-2023, 05:19 PM
I'd like to speak with you today about the health benefits of removing pigs from your diet.
Pigs are a filthy animal, they're scavengers. A pig will eat anything. This is a bit gross, but a pig will eat it's own dead children.

Remember that thing from when we were kids "you are what you eat" ? Give it some thought.

Anyways have a great day, and God bless.

Chortles Snortles
02-03-2023, 05:20 PM
forum alt weirdos larping as normie posters thread baiting basanos into serious posting

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 05:23 PM
I'd like to speak with you today about the health benefits of removing pigs from your diet.
Pigs are a filthy animal, they're scavengers. A pig will eat anything. This is a bit gross, but a pig will eat it's own dead children.

Remember that thing from when we were kids "you are what you eat" ? Give it some thought.

Anyways have a great day, and God bless.

it's a red meat high in saturated fat. carcinogenic, and eating in excess may contribute to heart disease and other gross things.

i absolutely limit my intake!

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 05:42 PM
forum alt weirdos larping as normie posters thread baiting basanos into serious posting

who is my main forum account? i'm dying to know :)

Basanos
02-03-2023, 06:11 PM
forum alt weirdos larping as normie posters thread baiting basanos into serious postingDon't be so cynical, even prisoners get mail

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 07:09 PM
Yes. Pork isn't Kosher. Also certain cuts of loin.

Pokesan is the expert here tho.

However. Don't starve your self if poor. Just eat wisely and strive to improve your diet.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 07:27 PM
idk what else to talk about lol. sleep deprivation has sapped my creativity today :(

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 08:23 PM
idk what else to talk about lol. sleep deprivation has sapped my creativity today :(

You should put on some soothing music and burn some sleepy incense. This thread will be here tomorrow when u get back!

I really like to deprive my senses except for something v harmonius and atmospheric. Use weighted blankets. Instant lights out combined with various styles of meditation.

U can do mindfulness. Or no self (I really like this one. The sky touches the body!) . Or think about your good deeds. Or gratitude.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 08:34 PM
You should put on some soothing music and burn some sleepy incense. This thread will be here tomorrow when u get back!

I really like to deprive my senses except for something v harmonius and atmospheric. Use weighted blankets. Instant lights out combined with various styles of meditation.

U can do mindfulness. Or no self (I really like this one. The sky touches the body!) . Or think about your good deeds. Or gratitude.

I'm at my second job, and will be for another few hours. Then there's ~6 hours until I have to be up for my real job lol.

Meditation is some cool stuff. I did a 7-week course (met once weekly) on Vipassana meditation and sat a weeklong at a Shambala place. Vipassana was much better. Metta always good too!

I've never done a not-self meditation, but have heard some sermons about it. Buddhism makes a lot more sense to my brain than all the other religions so far. Really out of practice with the meditation anymore.

What are your religious inclinations?

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 09:12 PM
I'm at my second job, and will be for another few hours. Then there's ~6 hours until I have to be up for my real job lol.

Meditation is some cool stuff. I did a 7-week course (met once weekly) on Vipassana meditation and sat a weeklong at a Shambala place. Vipassana was much better. Metta always good too!

I've never done a not-self meditation, but have heard some sermons about it. Buddhism makes a lot more sense to my brain than all the other religions so far. Really out of practice with the meditation anymore.

What are your religious inclinations?

Judeo-Christian. However. I mostly do research to sate my own curiosity. Gnostic. Diest. Leaning heavily on a great spirit. And many lesser spirits and dieties which either pretend to be the G-d head or vie and fight for worship or just exist to torment human souls and blasphemy the one true G-d.

However. Bhudda never claimed to be a G-d afaik. And I do believe that man can attain enlightenment. Or ascend. Even if it's not entirely Christian. One does not necessarily preclude the other. And I'm all about finding peace and tranquility within this life. I don't fully believe in the self. It's more a frame of reference. The self is as relative as space and time.

I have read a lot of other ppls opinions on Bhuddist stuff. There is great value in that. However. This mind and body personally lacks the memory and intelligence and integrity to fully embody all of the knowledge and teaching. This not withstanding. All of the knowledge is out there and the opportunity to even learn Bhuddas original language and translate.

It's probably not the path that *I* will take. It is However very intriguing.

There is a lot yet to learn and understand until the journey is complete. And time enough in a sense.

I am honestly beginning to see English as a handicap. It's a woefully inadequate language to even begin to attempt to describe... it is sufficient for now. And all that this mind and body is familiar with.

Images. Stories. Songs. Notes. Vibrations. Ideas.. Glyphs. They would probably do better.

Everything is connected. The sun feeds the algae which break the rocks which in turn feeds the plants and fungi. Which in turn feed and feed on the humans. The celestial bodies collide and leave the earths core warm. The oceans rise and fall. Carbon becomes cellulose. Cellulose oil. Oil energy and carbon and plants. Etc.. limited only by the balance and spirit inherent in mankind and the universe. Many believe in their purpose. Do they truly know? The world is exhaling. And the strong are consolidating. The loving are giving. Compassion is an enlighted state of being. Is it just Compassion or true compassion?

This body is not meant to survive and last forever. The glass is already broken. Enjoy the wine while it still pours.

Hardship and adversity have taught this one more than others.

Our sun is connected to the galaxy. The galaxy others. Clusters to voids and on and on. All of this vibrates and sings and communicates in unison and the body within and from. It is possible to feel the stars and for stars to feel the body. And all the collective bodies. On many scales on many lifetimes. The present is born of the past as is the future of the present. One does not simply cease to exist without the others. They are all apart of the same.

This is what is.

The attention goes where it may.

May this be a boon to all that may read and understand 🙏

aussenseiter
02-03-2023, 09:44 PM
Gnostic.

hssssssss

Everything is connected. The sun feeds the algae which break the rocks which in turn feeds the plants and fungi. Which in turn feed and feed on the humans.

https://raincoaster.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/lisa-simpson-licking-rocks.gif

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 09:50 PM
hssssssss

https://raincoaster.files.wordpress.com/2021/04/lisa-simpson-licking-rocks.gif

Not to devalue orthodox practices. I'm. Not anti.

Just no longer materialistic.

Nor am I an authority. I am no priest or monk or yogi. Just a heathen in need of structure and teaching. Perhaps blessed by the holy spirit through Peter's direct lineage.

Can't know for sure tho. Can't tell others what to believe either. The meditation works though. And not necessarily blasphemous.

Maybe gnostic is the wrong word.

There are a lot of false G-d's and powerful beings who would pretend.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 10:06 PM
Judeo-Christian. However. I mostly do research to sate my own curiosity. Gnostic. Diest. Leaning heavily on a great spirit. And many lesser spirits and dieties which either pretend to be the G-d head or vie and fight for worship or just exist to torment human souls and blasphemy the one true G-d.

Well that sounds much cooler than basic bitch christianity xD

However. Bhudda never claimed to be a G-d afaik. And I do believe that man can attain enlightenment. Or ascend. Even if it's not entirely Christian. One does not necessarily preclude the other. And I'm all about finding peace and tranquility within this life. I don't fully believe in the self. It's more a frame of reference. The self is as relative as space and time.

Yeah the Buddha is not a god. I'm a lot more into the Theravada side of things, which is pretty barebones and lacks a lot of the fun gods and demons and such that you find in Mahayana. Christianity and Buddhism are compatible imo; there are entire books written on the subject. Buddhism's really about limiting your suffering where possible.

I have read a lot of other ppls opinions on Bhuddist stuff. There is great value in that. However. This mind and body personally lacks the memory and intelligence and integrity to fully embody all of the knowledge and teaching. This not withstanding. All of the knowledge is out there and the opportunity to even learn Bhuddas original language and translate.

It's probably not the path that *I* will take. It is However very intriguing.

There is a lot yet to learn and understand until the journey is complete. And time enough in a sense.

You're kinda starting to lose me here lol. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand the simple truths of Buddhism.

I am honestly beginning to see English as a handicap. It's a woefully inadequate language to even begin to attempt to describe... it is sufficient for now. And all that this mind and body is familiar with.

Images. Stories. Songs. Notes. Vibrations. Ideas.. Glyphs. They would probably do better.

Everything is connected. The sun feeds the algae which break the rocks which in turn feeds the plants and fungi. Which in turn feed and feed on the humans. The celestial bodies collide and leave the earths core warm. The oceans rise and fall. Carbon becomes cellulose. Cellulose oil. Oil energy and carbon and plants. Etc.. limited only by the balance and spirit inherent in mankind and the universe. Many believe in their purpose. Do they truly know? The world is exhaling. And the strong are consolidating. The loving are giving. Compassion is an enlighted state of being. Is it just Compassion or true compassion?

This body is not meant to survive and last forever. The glass is already broken. Enjoy the wine while it still pours.

Hardship and adversity have taught this one more than others.

Our sun is connected to the galaxy. The galaxy others. Clusters to voids and on and on. All of this vibrates and sings and communicates in unison and the body within and from. It is possible to feel the stars and for stars to feel the body. And all the collective bodies. On many scales on many lifetimes. The present is born of the past as is the future of the present. One does not simply cease to exist without the others. They are all apart of the same.

This is what is.

The attention goes where it may.

May this be a boon to all that may read and understand 🙏

lmao namaste

aussenseiter
02-03-2023, 10:23 PM
Well that sounds much cooler than basic bitch christianity xD

Yeah the Buddha is not a god. I'm a lot more into the Theravada side of things, which is pretty barebones and lacks a lot of the fun gods and demons and such that you find in Mahayana. Christianity and Buddhism are compatible imo; there are entire books written on the subject. Buddhism's really about limiting your suffering where possible.

You're kinda starting to lose me here lol. I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand the simple truths of Buddhism.

lmao namaste

maybe ur the basic bitch (https://www.papalencyclicals.net/greg16/g16mirar.htm)

13. Now We consider another abundant source of the evils with which the Church is afflicted at present: indifferentism. This perverse opinion is spread on all sides by the fraud of the wicked who claim that it is possible to obtain the eternal salvation of the soul by the profession of any kind of religion, as long as morality is maintained.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 10:33 PM
maybe ur the basic bitch (https://www.papalencyclicals.net/greg16/g16mirar.htm)

i prefer this take: https://johnpavlovitz.com/2022/12/13/the-woke-liberal-leftist-movement-of-jesus/

Already once today I've said here that heaven seems like a very lonely place. If you actually believe all that, doesn't it make you sad that so many of your friends and family members won't be joining you in your eternity with god?

aussenseiter
02-03-2023, 10:41 PM
i prefer this take: https://johnpavlovitz.com/2022/12/13/the-woke-liberal-leftist-movement-of-jesus/

Without reading the blog post - just say Jesuits it's faster.

e: nm author is a Lutherist per google. Definitely going to hell.

Already once today I've said here that heaven seems like a very lonely place. If you actually believe all that, doesn't it make you sad that so many of your friends and family members won't be joining you in your eternity with god?

My place is purgatory until my sins are paid. You can get to go to there for a bit too, if you can crush on Jesus in this life. Maybe we can hang out sometime.

Good works shorten our time there, it's called temporal remission.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 10:48 PM
Without reading the blog post - just say Jesuits it's faster.

I don't know what that means. Was not raised with this stuff. That was just a blog post one of my Christian coworkers sent me bc she knew it would resonate.

My place is purgatory until my sins are paid. You can get to go to there for a bit too, if you can crush on Jesus in this life. Maybe we can hang out sometime.

Good works shorten our time there, it's called temporal remission.

You just quoted a pope (?) at me telling me I can't be with god just for performing good works. And I will not be crushing on Jesus in this lifetime or the next. I'm not sure what that means for my eternal soul in the context of Catholicism, but I bet it's nothing good lol

aussenseiter
02-03-2023, 10:55 PM
You just quoted a pope (?) at me telling me I can't be with god just for performing good works. And I will not be crushing on Jesus in this lifetime or the next. I'm not sure what that means for my eternal soul in the context of Catholicism, but I bet it's nothing good lol

Yes, salvation by faith alone is not a thing. But faith in Christ is a prerequisite for the tasks you may receive.

It's like an atonement quest, hope this helps.

pink grapefruit
02-03-2023, 11:04 PM
Yes, salvation by faith alone is not a thing. But faith in Christ is a prerequisite for the tasks you may receive.

It's like an atonement quest, hope this helps.

It doesn't help, but thank you anyway.

This is one of the main reasons Buddhism drew me in and other religions did not. None of the Buddhists I've met have told me that I need to change my belief system to match theirs if I don't want to spend eternity suffering. It's more like, "Here's what I believe- it may be of some use to you, or not."

I'm not a fan of being told that the fate of my eternal soul depends on believing very oddly specific things. Here I was thinking the prophet Jesus' message is a little outdated, and I should look to what the prophet Muhammad had to say for the modern-day truth.

aussenseiter
02-03-2023, 11:08 PM
It doesn't help, but thank you anyway.

This is one of the main reasons Buddhism drew me in and other religions did not. None of the Buddhists I've met have told me that I need to change my belief system to match theirs if I don't want to spend eternity suffering. It's more like, "Here's what I believe- it may be of some use to you, or not."

I'm not a fan of being told that the fate of my eternal soul depends on believing very oddly specific things. Here I was thinking the prophet Jesus' message is a little outdated, and I should look to what the prophet Muhammad had to say for the modern-day truth.

Yes, you are indifferent.

That's bad. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7osb78oZ9Z4)

aussenseiter
02-03-2023, 11:19 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/039/983/4e7.jpg

Chortles Snortles
02-04-2023, 01:33 AM
https://i.imgur.com/eIVFJ0i.png

GeorgeCostanza
02-04-2023, 02:31 AM
i don't really get the new "tradcath" meme, isn't it's basis like red scare stavros friedland crew? good lord that stuff blows cock, brutal

i truly pity the tacoman who apes east coast mongo comedy AND east coast pederast culture but i reckon it's in your irish nature to look up to some remote master or other.

and i got news for you pokesan. when you get to that heaven. in the bronze tier. me and Luther will be rolling up in a platinum-armored wagon propelled with our inexhaustible feet like the flintstones, with comically fluted blunderbusses, so as to show you what's what. See that's what heaven must be- hard marching & medieval style brotherly wrassling, where the swarthy irish buffoon-papists get made fun of by the ones whose virtue is reflected in their beauty which all in the family share (zero obese in my protestant family tree wbu). Give it up, for you're local priest still has more interest in me than u got at 11 years old. You halfmeasure-taking cargo cultist you.

pr1ncess
02-04-2023, 03:30 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/002/039/983/4e7.jpg

femboys should be given the toughest battles ngl

GeorgeCostanza
02-04-2023, 03:32 AM
femboys should be given the toughest battles ngl

back attacks only :eek::cool::o

magnetaress
02-04-2023, 09:38 AM
The reason the pokesan is like this is that she is heartbroken.

Chat is no longer friendly.

Sorry..

I made a deep post. And it devolved into this.

There is merit in not being indiffrenty pokey, but don't put ur eye out ok!

GeorgeCostanza
02-04-2023, 10:33 AM
The reason the pokesan is like this is that she is heartbroken.

Chat is no longer friendly.

Sorry..

I made a deep post. And it devolved into this.

There is merit in not being indiffrenty pokey, but don't put ur eye out ok!

im the one who gets to flex on un-indifference. lawful axis is separate from alignment axis. catholicks are institutiono indifference. it's also my #bpdprivledge to do so

magnetaress
02-04-2023, 11:48 AM
I don't watch podcasts

Or use goon words from 10 years ago

cargo cultist

STOP BEING MEAN :( :eek:

can u fricking be nice for once in ur life ? frame from an additive instead of a subtractive possition?

GeorgeCostanza
02-04-2023, 12:47 PM
did he baleeted a post?

idk whch word u mean but that goon stuff is all U. I never used it :cool:

aussenseiter
02-04-2023, 01:08 PM
You halfmeasure-taking cargo cultist you.

GeorgeCostanza
02-04-2023, 01:10 PM
ur being incomprehensible again. cat got ur tongue? (meow)

aussenseiter
02-04-2023, 01:27 PM
cargo cultist

:confused:

GeorgeCostanza
02-04-2023, 01:36 PM
:confused:

learnt it in school dearie :o

magnetaress
02-05-2023, 02:01 PM
Im v sorry about ur thread PG

pink grapefruit
02-05-2023, 05:55 PM
Im v sorry about ur thread PG

oh it's okay. i was getting sort of unfriendly. that was a very long day.

aussenseiter
02-12-2023, 12:33 PM
This is one of the main reasons Buddhism drew me in and other religions did not.

https://i.imgur.com/Qd4v2QJ.png

unsunghero
02-12-2023, 12:37 PM
^

aussenseiter
02-12-2023, 11:38 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Qd4v2QJ.png

must...annoy...op...

Duik
02-13-2023, 02:35 AM
Above is the same/similar to all?/most of the religions.
Day all covert only the baby machine parts and insult the rest of the female.
But i digress. I dont nwed the threat of damnation and hellfire to make me a nice(ish) personage. Always amazed me that the godos needed this, can you not think of that for yourselves? Sure, read the bible, whatever, check those 10 good rules. Sound good to me sans threats.
Anywho, Haken was born on Jan 24 2000 woodelf druid Prexus server.
Guild was An Sli Amach. FYI when doing /whoall sucks a dick. Our guild popped up. But im not gay...

pink grapefruit
02-13-2023, 02:40 AM
must...annoy...op...

"Saturated with an impure and inexorable burning, they resemble fire which consumes all."

https://i.imgur.com/1JtmwdK.jpg

Encroaching Death
02-13-2023, 07:42 AM
Women are a weapon of mass destruction.

Bhuddism is correct about that.

That's why the US Army is currently weaponizing them:

6d5L6wRhRkc

Jobaber
02-13-2023, 04:19 PM

Bhuddism is correct about that.

That's why the US Army is currently weaponizing them:

6d5L6wRhRkc

black mirror

Trexller
02-13-2023, 05:27 PM

They may be, however I am a weapon of Ass destruction.