PDA

View Full Version : Most Difficult Solo Mob

nilzark
02-02-2023, 11:11 AM
What is the most difficult, but technically soloable mob? Meaning, a single char, by themselves, with no assistance, can get to the mob and kill said mob with their own gear, spells, and abilities. What class, gear, spell, equipment combo is needed?

loramin
02-02-2023, 12:07 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Solo_Artist_Challenge is probably a good place to start.

nilzark
02-02-2023, 12:18 PM
Ah, thus this topic already exists in the wiki. I'll have some reading to do. Thanks friend.

Valakut
02-02-2023, 12:29 PM
its in the solo artist challenge but i think ragefire has gotta be near the top because you gotta be able to clear in solo and beat others at handing in to even get the spawn.

some of the other stuff its just about having spawn timer, get fte, and start kite/debuffing

AbstractVision
02-02-2023, 01:00 PM
Almost certainly going to be an enchanter, in terms of overall power scale. However the most difficult mob possible for each class is going to change a lot.

Snaggles
02-02-2023, 02:29 PM
Almost certainly going to be an enchanter, in terms of overall power scale. However the most difficult mob possible for each class is going to change a lot.

Yea minus a few tank/spank fights where a sham might shine (WW dragons) ench's take the win here by a longshot. Unless we are talking burning things like puppet strings and reapers.

DeathsSilkyMist
02-02-2023, 03:45 PM
Yeah this is generally a question that has a different answer for each class. You also need to determine if using consumables like Puppet Strings is valid. Personally I don't think it is, since most people aren't going to spend that much money per kill. Puppet String kills are a category of their own in my opinion.

PatChapp
02-02-2023, 04:05 PM
Yea minus a few tank/spank fights where a sham might shine (WW dragons) ench's take the win here by a longshot. Unless we are talking burning things like puppet strings and reapers.
A couple mobs on that list can be enchanter solod but require reapers
Khelkar, chottal and prince dizok are all doable but you need to Reaper the pet.
Think should be their own category

Jimjam
02-02-2023, 04:08 PM
Pretty sure it is decaying skeleton for dagger* level 1 erudite magician.

Normally takes a few deaths to get enough defence skill ups to survive it's melee!

strongNpretty
02-02-2023, 04:22 PM

Normally takes a few deaths to get enough defence skill ups to survive it's melee!

Starting out Erudite and venturing into warrens is damn scary..

Toxigen
02-02-2023, 04:32 PM
What is the most difficult, but technically soloable mob? Meaning, a single char, by themselves, with no assistance, can get to the mob and kill said mob with their own gear, spells, and abilities. What class, gear, spell, equipment combo is needed?

With zero outside assistance (buffs, etc) its 100% enchanter. The only thing a shaman does better is WW dragons.

Kinda depends on allowed clickies after that.

spoil
02-03-2023, 01:33 AM
A couple mobs on that list can be enchanter solod but require reapers
Khelkar, chottal and prince dizok are all doable but you need to Reaper the pet.
Think should be their own category

I solo'd Khelkar and I don't have a reaper, if you rapture pull and then re-slow in time and gear up your pet it's doable but very RNG dependent. I was only ever able to get him slowed once within the rapture window and that was my kill.

PatChapp
02-03-2023, 08:33 AM
I solo'd Khelkar and I don't have a reaper, if you rapture pull and then re-slow in time and gear up your pet it's doable but very RNG dependent. I was only ever able to get him slowed once within the rapture window and that was my kill.

I always rapture pull/pre slow him and my pet always gets beat up. I imagine it's a pretty low % rng chance for it to go that well.

mcoy
02-03-2023, 11:37 AM

Your first will-o-wisp.

-Mcoy

spoil
02-03-2023, 01:26 PM
I always rapture pull/pre slow him and my pet always gets beat up. I imagine it's a pretty low % rng chance for it to go that well.

You give your pet any haste or proccing weapons? Just a torched champion isn't going to get the job done for sure, I tried that. Oh I also cast boon of the garou on my pet.

Raj
02-03-2023, 02:15 PM
Your 1st Elite Gnoll guard in Blackburrow or Ambassador D`Vinn solo. :cool:

Jimjam
02-03-2023, 02:48 PM
Your 1st Elite Gnoll guard in Blackburrow or Ambassador D`Vinn solo. :cool:

I fucking love your posts.

magnetaress
02-03-2023, 04:02 PM

For sure 😆 lol!

Barlu
02-05-2023, 08:26 PM
You give your pet any haste or proccing weapons? Just a torched champion isn't going to get the job done for sure, I tried that. Oh I also cast boon of the garou on my pet.

If you don’t want to load up a pet with gear, you can also have another torched and hasted champ waiting where you plan to fight khelk. Get him slowed (easier said than done) and then blur him. Start casting rapture as your pet is dying and hope it lands right as pet dies. Charm the champ and hope between blur and rapture your pet picks it up right away. Still not a high likelihood of success since you still need an early slow, but gives you a little more room for slow resists I think.

Arvan
02-06-2023, 12:00 AM
A vengeful soloist when making a barbarian rofl

chevy79bu
02-10-2023, 09:36 PM
I felt godly when I solo killed Efreeti Lord Djarn with a 56 Bard self buffed no epic no real clickies to speak of. But the Wiki solo artist challenge is nutty. Some of the kills on youtube are nuts too.

ScottBerta
02-10-2023, 11:56 PM
There was a video of a cleric soloing Sebilite Protector. I thought that was pretty cool. Used Strings and possibly reaper though.