PDA

View Full Version : Spell files, zone files location?

Lash
03-11-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm sorry to post a question that has probably been asked before, but I searched for the answer with no luck.

I just started playing last night and I'm having the level 255 spells and gray zones issues. I know I'm supposed to replace the spell files and zone files, but I don't know where to download them. I've looked everywhere I can think of. I hope I'm not just missing an obvious sticky thread or something. I've looked all over this site and the EQemu site, and I just can't find those files.

Please, where can I download them?

Thanks. :)

Lonedrahon25
03-11-2010, 01:16 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

READ IT ALL!

Lash
03-11-2010, 02:30 PM
Ok, I see what I did wrong.

In all the tabbing back and forth I managed to skip one of the files.

If anyone else is having problems with spells or zones - make sure you installed all of the required files listed in the guide. It's easy to get lines mixed up and miss one when you're switching back and forth between the guide and your installation; so just double check to make sure you didn't miss anything. And if you did - to be sure you get it all installed correctly, do it over in order. Just installing the one file you missed might end up overwriting a later step which likely won't solve your problem (and might create a new one).

When you follow the setup guide one step at a time, you may think you read it all, but it's easy to lose your place. It's an honest mistake. Surely nothing to get yelled at about. :p *grin*

Good luck to other newbies with spell/zone issues. Hope this helps you get it working. See ya in Norrath! :)