PDA

View Full Version : Clerics + bandages... is there ever a good reason?

stealthbeast
01-23-2023, 02:42 AM
tl;dr- As a Cleric, are there good reasons to keep a few stacks of bandages?

I suppose bandages are helpful from levels 1 through 7, when you don't have meditate.

I suppose it's not entirely moronic to carry bandages to give to people (though this isn't really in the spirit of the question).

I suppose in an incredibly desperate situation, where you barely survive a fight at 1% hp and 0% mana, with a weak dot on you... You MIGHT clutch a save with it. This would essentially be sacrificing an inventory slot for a freak incident that may or may not ever happen, and that if it DOES happen is (probably) indicative of poor form and could've been avoided. Also, you're a cleric, so death matters differently to you, making sacrificing the slot even less appetizing

And... that's it. That's all I got. How 'bout you folks?

Edit: I cannot BELIEVE I just put this in the wrong forum.

Jimjam
01-23-2023, 04:17 AM
At 201 skill they are comparable hp/sec to meditating to fuel superior healing (more relevant to druids at 56+ but whatever). I suppose it is relevant when you are unable to med (low level kos mobs nearby?)

Bandaging won’t put you on a hate list, dodging low hp aggro or getting faction hits. You can do it while divine aura.

It won’t break invis (particularly useful for halfling/dark elf clerics).

Can be used while silenced.

You can cast spells and bandage simultaneously if you know what you’re doing.

Some fringe uses I can immediately think of. Most of the time you’re just going to want to glue your bum to the floor and med to fuel heal spells.

stealthbeast
01-23-2023, 04:42 AM
A whole buncha shit.

Oh SNAP. This is GREAT. Exactly the kinda niche shit I wanted to know <3

Encroaching Death
01-23-2023, 10:15 AM
Oh SNAP. This is GREAT. Exactly the kinda niche shit I wanted to know <3

Also, I'd say another good reason to carry Bandages would be to give them out to classes in your group that have 201+ BW skill. It saves you mana, less downtime, etc etc

Rangers and SK can't level BW past 200 (which is bullshit...especially for a Ranger. Isn't he supposed to be about outdoor survival and shit? But he can't master that?)

stealthbeast
01-23-2023, 06:01 PM
You can cast spells and bandage simultaneously if you know what you’re doing.

Wait... I missed this. How the heck does THIS work?

Jimjam
01-23-2023, 06:10 PM
Start casting spell, press bind wound in the combat tab, then stand on the main tab before the spell finishes casting. Don’t start casting a new spell until the bandage finishes as that will cancel the bandaging.

Works for clicky and memmed spells.

stealthbeast
01-23-2023, 06:14 PM
Start casting spell, press bind wound in the combat tab, then stand on the main tab before the spell finishes casting. Don’t start casting a new spell until the bandage finishes as that will cancel the bandaging.

Works for clicky and memmed spells.

Oh wow, got it first try. This is... interesting. I'll need to put more thought into its applications. Thank you.

Jimjam
01-24-2023, 05:41 AM
Oh wow, got it first try. This is... interesting. I'll need to put more thought into its applications. Thank you.

Not really for clerics, but I've found it useful for melees healing up to 50/70%. Their breastplate and bandages weave together pretty well and make for speedy recovery.

Toxigen
01-24-2023, 10:13 AM
I've never bought a bandage for anything other than my solo twink war and monk.

PatChapp
01-24-2023, 12:13 PM
I've never bought a bandage for anything other than my solo twink war and monk.

Very useful for solo enchanter
I can bandage to 1050hp pretty quick,go back in for round 2 faster

Toxigen
01-24-2023, 04:15 PM
Very useful for solo enchanter
I can bandage to 1050hp pretty quick,go back in for round 2 faster

I just use a Z heart and take a break.

stealthbeast
01-24-2023, 10:46 PM
I just use a Z heart and take a break.

Oh yeah, what was I thinking, lemme just transfer a Z heart from one of my many alts where I keep my stockpile of easily accessed Z hearts :^)

Toxigen
01-25-2023, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah, what was I thinking, lemme just transfer a Z heart from one of my many alts where I keep my stockpile of easily accessed Z hearts :^)

its 2023 if you dont have a fungi and z heart on every alt that can equip them you're doing it wrong

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 05:45 PM
its 2023 if you dont have a fungi and z heart on every alt that can equip them you're doing it wrong

This is gonna be a mindblowing concept to you, but I don't take this game very seriously at all. I know, it's a shocker, but I would rather shit in my hands and clap than ever consider raiding.

Encroaching Death
01-26-2023, 05:49 PM
I would rather shit in my hands and clap

I wanna see someone do this now