PDA

View Full Version : Erudite SK... Am I forgetting any specific items?

stealthbeast
01-22-2023, 09:21 PM
tl;dr- What other Erudite-specific SK gear am I missing out on? (Also, my helmet looks like crap. What goes well with the Guardian armor set? This set looks golden)

I'm a 40 SK, Erudite, Cazic Thule

I was kind of regretting rolling Erudite, but then I found out about and acquired the "Helm of Ridossan" (reclaim energy clickie), and WOW! A low key game changer. (Not sure if it's worth it, but at least I don't feel like a TOTAL moron playing an erudite SK anymore. I'm dripping with mana now, and I already had a ton of mana, that has to mean... something, right?)

I've been looking far and wide for other erudite specific gear and this was all I was able to find. Surely this can't be it. No matter how small, I'd love to know about other items. How do I best tap into the glory of the Erudite SK?

...Oh and a side question. I need a good looking helmet. I'm wearing a full Guardian armor set (minus gloves for Silver Chitin Hand Wraps). It's shining golden armor. But I need a comparable stat helm cause for some reason the helm graphic is completely broken on it and I look like crap. What helm would go good with full golden armor? I don't want to have a grape for a head forever.

Note that this character will never ever see raiding. It's part of a trio of my friends (SK/cleric/rogue). So nothing that I can't get beyond a group.

Snaggles
01-22-2023, 10:21 PM
Not many quality ERU SK only items. You can use the Ashenbone Shield out of kith which is 100hp, but all non-large races can use it.

I think the fashion winner helm is the icepaw skull helm. Looks like black chain.

Have fun!

stealthbeast
01-22-2023, 10:26 PM
Not many quality ERU SK only items. You can use the Ashenbone Shield out of kith which is 100hp, but all non-large races can use it.

I think the fashion winner helm is the icepaw skull helm. Looks like black chain.

Have fun!

Hm. That shield DOES seem cool. Thanks! I'll consider pairing it with my ebon mace. Make up for that stamina loss.

Believe it or not, the Helm of Ridossan ALSO looks like black chain. Black chain doesn't even almost go with the full golden plate. I once had a helmet that was black with gold accents, and that looked great, but its stats were terrible :(

Jimjam
01-23-2023, 09:15 AM
Just so you know, although it is cool to have reclaim summoned in a wearable slot, saving a bag slot, a SK can use the magician focus clickies to eat their pets too.

Erudites have some fairly nice cultural armor (although cultural is left quite far behind compared to the higher end Velious stuff).

Erudites have a nice resist set IMO. Just as ogres love to attribute every channelled bash to FSI, eruds get to overoptimistically attribute every resisted slow, root, snare, cripple, etc to their improved MR.

Encroaching Death
01-23-2023, 09:17 AM
Quick tip: Erudite's helm graphic is determined by what gloves they're using.

Crede
01-23-2023, 09:22 AM

This is misleading because if you plan on getting a crown of narandi it will have no graphic. Males look like shit with it females naked hood looks ok

Encroaching Death
01-23-2023, 09:28 AM
This is misleading because if you plan on getting a crown of narandi it will have no graphic. Males look like shit with it females naked hood looks ok

How was that misleading? It's literally the truth.

And he never mentioned getting a Crown of Narandi...

Crede
01-23-2023, 10:17 AM
How was that misleading? It's literally the truth.

And he never mentioned getting a Crown of Narandi...

Because it depends on the helm being equipped. Gloves don't affect every item. And given the crown is pretty much the best item for a knight besides a fungi, it's a pretty big deal IMO.

Danth
01-23-2023, 11:37 AM
( that has to mean... something, right?)

Unfortunately not: All shadow knights have access to Reclaim Energy due to the Temple of Solusek Ro magician focus items being inventory-clickable by all. Erudites are fine shadow knights. Their main drawback, low strength, is readily compensated for with Velious-era gearing.

Erudite helm tint color is modified partially by the gloves slot for some reason. The 3D graphic itself is not altered. As for Crown of Narandi, I don't think this guy needs to worry about that any time soon. Even if he does, a different race might not necessarily be preferred: I refuse to wear one on my own shadow knight--a regular human--because I dislike the no-helm look. So I stick with an otherwise inferior Skyshrine helm instead.

Danth

Snaggles
01-23-2023, 12:23 PM
It’s a bit fuzzy. I know with a standard plate helm the gloves will tint it. Velious custom isnt affected at all nor is cloth (aka no image). I think chain might not be affected either. The black chain of the Icepaw is darker than the Ridossan and looks better.

Fashion is a personal choice. For all its graphical issues I still think erudite knights look great. It’s pretty easy to fit in if you want to. For those who don’t, dont.

strongNpretty
01-23-2023, 01:53 PM
My Erudite SK who is 53 is still sporting these guys... Clickes are always fun...

https://wiki.project1999.com/Ice_Forged_Shackles

Ripqozko
01-23-2023, 03:26 PM
My Erudite SK who is 53 is still sporting these guys... Clickes are always fun...

This guy failed on all 3 servers, probably not best to follow the advice.

strongNpretty
01-23-2023, 03:41 PM
This guy failed on all 3 servers, probably not best to follow the advice.

Hi Sunshine!

stealthbeast
01-23-2023, 05:53 PM
Wow, GREAT stuff folks!

Erudites have a nice resist set IMO

I suppose that's true. My resistances are CRAZY and my gear isn't even really spec'd into that. Very vulnerable to poison/disease but pfft whatever.

Unfortunately not: All shadow knights have access to Reclaim Energy-

Oh. Uh... G-good. :') Good for them.

OooooOOOOOOooooo... I ADORE clickies and this one... Well, it depends. How much aggro does this generate? If it's even slightly noticeable I'm totally that dude who would weave this in between swings at every opportunity I get. I basically refuse to play casters without a Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring

A question: Does this thing have range? Last time I saw an item like this it was a Ball of Velium. Got it for a monk to assist in pulling, only to find that the casting range is so short it's basically completely unusable. This would still be good if just because of its cast time, but if this thing also happens to have range, I might seriously consider chucking my bow in lieu of some sort of stat boosting range-slot item. Gotta give this erudite's stats every chance to succeed.

Ah yes, I've heard this a few times elsewhere. The uh... the issue with trying to get my fashion right via my gloves is I'm totally unwilling to sacrifice my Silver Chitin Hand Wraps. In fact, I don't anticipate ever being able to upgrade from this item. The closest thing to an accessible haste upgrade that I can see from the Haste Guide list is the Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt. And that thing apparently goes for 20k+ so I'm left to assume that it's much much harder to get than it's leading on.

I know that as an SK (especially one grouped perpetually with a rogue) I don't strictly NEED a haste item at all... But I do enough independent work that I want it. Besides, at level 40, my DPS is still matters, even next to the rogue. I'm not totally outclassed. Yet.

... because if you plan on getting a crown of narandi-

HAHAHAHAHA... ME get an item like THAT? That's a good one. Like I said, this character is 100% absolutely positively not going to raid. It's not gonna happen. I have to work with what I can realistically acquire as a solo, or at most, as part of a group. I main a 59 necro so I can access quite a lot, but obviously I'll never be in a position where I can take down a level 65 mob with 285k hp. Absolute fantasy.

Encroaching Death
01-23-2023, 06:02 PM
I know that as an SK (especially one grouped perpetually with a rogue) I don't strictly NEED a haste item at all... But I do enough independent work that I want it. Besides, at level 40, my DPS is still matters, even next to the rogue. I'm not totally outclassed. Yet.

Level 30+ try and get an Argent Protector. They're only around 2.5k and it's a solid 2-hander.

You'll melt through blues when you solo.

stealthbeast
01-23-2023, 06:08 PM
try and get an Argent Protector.

Perhaps one day. 2.5k is definitely attainable for me (albeit, rather miserably). For now, my Axe of Lost Souls is doing very well.

Snaggles
01-23-2023, 07:30 PM
Perhaps one day. 2.5k is definitely attainable for me (albeit, rather miserably). For now, my Axe of Lost Souls is doing very well.

Get an oggok cleaver. If you are tap-swinging it’s pretty much no loss in dps.

44/60 for like 300p

Encroaching Death
01-23-2023, 09:00 PM
My favorite SK:

https://i.ibb.co/fG71k4V/20230123-195514.jpg

stealthbeast
01-24-2023, 04:05 AM
A question: Does this thing have range? Last time I saw an item like this it was a Ball of Velium. Got it for a monk to assist in pulling, only to find that the casting range is so short it's basically completely unusable.

I'm the proud new owner of some Ice Forged Shackles. For anyone reading this in the future one day, sadly these shackles are indeed range restricted and basically only work when within melee range. No good for pulling. At all.

That being said, for spamming between attacks? I LOVE EM :D Free damage! Probably some aggro too! Still haven't had a chance to test their aggro abilities.

Ripqozko
01-24-2023, 09:19 AM
I'm the proud new owner of some Ice Forged Shackles. For anyone reading this in the future one day, sadly these shackles are indeed range restricted and basically only work when within melee range. No good for pulling. At all.

That being said, for spamming between attacks? I LOVE EM :D Free damage! Probably some aggro too! Still haven't had a chance to test their aggro abilities.

its just a like 12 point dd, theres no aggro to it, barely any dmg to it. you are better off casting one of your debuffs in that timeframe then 12 point DD. the range is too shit to work as a pull since its like basically melee range. hope that helps.

rjw513
01-24-2023, 09:27 AM
Always gotta be some hater trying to make the game less fun for people who still have some excitement for it…not everyone plays so much and is jaded from this project … hope this helps :p

Toxigen
01-24-2023, 10:20 AM

Yeah AD will carry you all the way. Such good bang for your buck.

Snaggles
01-24-2023, 11:44 AM
The Ice Forged Shackles are decent stats and great fashion if trying to go for a specific look. They are scale graphic like the SK armor from PoG.

The click is silly. It’s pretty with the blue sparkles but worthless.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-24-2023, 11:47 AM
The Ice Forged Shackles are decent stats and great fashion if trying to go for a specific look. They are scale graphic like the SK armor from PoG.

The click is silly. It’s pretty with the blue sparkles but worthless.

The click is for mana-free pulling, and it can save you a spell slot too. It's a worse version of https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Bracer_of_Fennin_Ro , but easier to get. I have the Blazing Bracer, and love it for mana-free pulling. I am far too lazy to carry around arrows, and I can keep a stat piece in my ranged slot.

EDIT: Well maybe not, I forget that Velium Shards has a really short range. If the range is the same on the Shackles it wouldn't be great.

Encroaching Death
01-24-2023, 11:52 AM
The click is for mana-free pulling, and it can save you a spell slot too. It's a worse version of https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Bracer_of_Fennin_Ro , but easier to get. I have the Blazing Bracer, and love it for mana-free pulling. I am far too lazy to carry around arrows, and I can keep a stat piece in my ranged slot.

EDIT: Well maybe not, I forget that Velium Shards has a really short range. If the range is the same on the Shackles it wouldn't be great.

Yeah, the range is really short.

Ripqozko
01-24-2023, 12:00 PM

yea basically that edit, the range is so short its pretty much useless click, no threat, no range, no dps. better off casting a normal spell in that timeframe.

Danth
01-24-2023, 12:17 PM
Can be a modest no-mana damage boost if cast between swings of a very slow 2H, that's about all. Ice Forged Shackle is a nice wrist item anyway, even without a click effect.

Danth

strongNpretty
01-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Still decent stats. The clickie is just a bonus.

Encroaching Death
01-24-2023, 12:36 PM
Still decent stats. The clickie is just a bonus.

Plus its a fun quest that melees can solo

strongNpretty
01-24-2023, 12:41 PM
Amen brother

Jimjam
01-24-2023, 02:05 PM
Click is improved chance to self break root.

rjw513
01-24-2023, 04:42 PM
Click is improved chance to self break root.

+1

stealthbeast
01-24-2023, 11:44 PM
its just a like 12 point dd, theres no aggro to it, barely any dmg to it. you are better off casting one of your debuffs in that timeframe then 12 point DD. the range is too shit to work as a pull since its like basically melee range. hope that helps.

Indeed, but sometimes I'm out of mana, or desperate to conserve the mana I have. This isn't a "instead of spellcasting" thing, it's a "instead of autoattacking only" thing.

After testing, my weapon seems to work freakishly perfectly with the dd. Always casting and 0 loss of time between swings. It's uncanny really, if I time it perfectly the melee button won't even tick gray.

And I insist that 12 points of damage every 3 seconds is nothing to scoff at. It absolutely adds up, especially if you're solo, and especially since it feels like it lands almost every time (I'm sure it depends on the mob). It's like an item that turns my misses into hits for 12.

To contextualize that a bit better, I just went in game and killed a spectral guardian as a level 40 sk. It took me 1 minute 10 seconds. I opened with a bow shot, dropped 3 dots on it, then spammed the cuffs with my melee for the rest of the match. I got 13 casts off. That adds up to 156 damage. If that fight represented futures fights that's like getting a free Harm Touch a little under every 3 and a half or so fights depending on rng.

It's nothing crazy, and it's going to get less impressive as I level... it's like a 10% increase of a damage output that wasn't that impressive in the first place in exchange for carpal tunnel... But think of it this way... 10% extra dps is the difference between a 400 platinum haste item (Silver Chitin Hand Wraps) and a 20 thousand platinum haste item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt). (Minus stats of course)

It may not be much to you, but like I said, I don't raid. Period. So I have to work with what I can get. And arduous as it was to get this, I succeeded. This is my version of being a minmaxy power user. How could I turn down free damage?

I'm sure I'll outgrow this thing as I enter my 50s and get a better weapon, but for now, I absolutely love it. It's perfect.

Looks DAZZLING too. Goes AMAZING with my Guardian Armor.

Ripqozko
01-25-2023, 12:17 AM
Indeed, but sometimes I'm out of mana, or desperate to conserve the mana I have. This isn't a "instead of spellcasting" thing, it's a "instead of autoattacking only" thing.

After testing, my weapon seems to work freakishly perfectly with the dd. Always casting and 0 loss of time between swings. It's uncanny really, if I time it perfectly the melee button won't even tick gray.

And I insist that 12 points of damage every 3 seconds is nothing to scoff at. It absolutely adds up, especially if you're solo, and especially since it feels like it lands almost every time (I'm sure it depends on the mob). It's like an item that turns my misses into hits for 12.

To contextualize that a bit better, I just went in game and killed a spectral guardian as a level 40 sk. It took me 1 minute 10 seconds. I opened with a bow shot, dropped 3 dots on it, then spammed the cuffs with my melee for the rest of the match. I got 13 casts off. That adds up to 156 damage. If that fight represented futures fights that's like getting a free Harm Touch a little under every 3 and a half or so fights depending on rng.

It's nothing crazy, and it's going to get less impressive as I level... it's like a 10% increase of a damage output that wasn't that impressive in the first place in exchange for carpal tunnel... But think of it this way... 10% extra dps is the difference between a 400 platinum haste item (Silver Chitin Hand Wraps) and a 20 thousand platinum haste item (Spiked Seahorse Hide Belt). (Minus stats of course)

It may not be much to you, but like I said, I don't raid. Period. So I have to work with what I can get. And arduous as it was to get this, I succeeded. This is my version of being a minmaxy power user. How could I turn down free damage?

I'm sure I'll outgrow this thing as I enter my 50s and get a better weapon, but for now, I absolutely love it. It's perfect.

Looks DAZZLING too. Goes AMAZING with my Guardian Armor.

Comsider joining any of the 30000 draft guilds, grab ya a rotting tov weapon and sky belt.

Keebz
01-25-2023, 04:17 AM
There is 0 chance that bracer is worth it, but if you're having fun go for it.

For actual items, don't forget to pick up some Blood Ember—Gloves, Arms, Boots and Legs(pricey) are great mana savers at 46. Even the hat might be useful for you as well if you don't have an infravision item.

I definitely agree about joining a guild and doing Sky when you're higher.

Jimjam
01-25-2023, 04:32 AM
Blood ember pants I’ve found helpful. The old fall down pants! I think I have most the set except boots and all of it gets use. I’d use the boots too if I had them!

Sky raid vibes are very different to normal raid vibes, so even if you don’t really get along with normal guild stuff may be worth enduring a guild for a while to do some of that. Perhaps

I was lucky but I found the pegasus haste belt pretty easy to acquire.

When you’re not doing the sky raid stuff you can always put guild chat in a separate window and minimalise it while doing your own thing.

Danth
01-25-2023, 10:03 AM
Hah! Original poster says he has no intention of raiding. Some people don't like or have interest in that mode of gameplay. I've been max level on my shadowknight for more than ten years without a single North Temple Veeshan item on it and i've done plenty of stuff, more than most. That type of equipment just isn't necessary.

------------------------------------------------

The Velium Shards click will, as you expect, eventually fade into irrelevance as you level and eventually won't be worth bothering with since it doesn't scale. Enjoy it for the time being, stop using it once it gets pointless. Click or no click, that bracer will last you probably until you camp Velketor's for the Silver Chitin Wristbands. That particular camp will be well within your trio's capability by about the middle 50's if not sooner.

Those 22% haste gloves and something like a 30/40 weapon is good enough to get to level 60 with, especially since you said you're frequently in a trio. For example, I used an 18/26 Noctivagant Blade for years at 60, and got to 60 with worse haste than that, because Velious wasn't out yet. I lived. If you can do better than that, great, but the type of stuff listed will get the job done if it has to. Some of the affordable-ish Velious weapons with a near to 1:1 ratio like Argent Protector, Carved Dragonbone Spear, etc should be on your radar. Longer term something like a Narandi Lance might be within reach. Get the best haste you can budget for, knowing the gloves will get the job done if they have to.

High-end droppables like Crown of Narandi might seem out of reach--and may be if you're a P99 "tourist" who'll quit before or shortly after reaching maximum level--but are obtainable with enough time and saving if you play over a longer period. Put them on the back burner, but don't forget them entirely. If you stick with the game awhile, you'll find platinum eventually adds up over time.

Danth

Toxigen
01-25-2023, 10:05 AM
his trio is sk / cleric / rogue

should be gunning for narandi crown first and foremost

and yikes i feel bad for that cleric...thats a tough assignment...not the worst trio ever but no slow or mana regeneration at all

edit: actually...the trio should collectively save for cleric epic, then rogue epic, then narandi crown :)

Snaggles
01-25-2023, 01:02 PM
I think a few pieces of blood ember would be handy. Along with a Circlet of Shadows (invis at 20 instead of 30!). Past that just get cheap haste (SCHW’s are too good to pass up) and a decent weapon. 2h ideally past level 30.

I have a Narandi crown. It’s decent and will help keep aggro mana up as you grind. The functional effect though is 20 mana a minute, it’s a free clinging darkness a minute.

I’d get the rogue a Locustlure as well. At max level it’s 35% which is certainly noticeable. I expect around the time it proc that is about 30% and stuff hits quite a bit harder when grinding level 50+. It won’t proc all the time or early but over the course or a grind it’s about average mana use.

Crede
01-25-2023, 01:04 PM
his trio is sk / cleric / rogue

should be gunning for narandi crown first and foremost

and yikes i feel bad for that cleric...thats a tough assignment...not the worst trio ever but no slow or mana regeneration at all

edit: actually...the trio should collectively save for cleric epic, then rogue epic, then narandi crown :)

Rogue can slow if needed. But ch is OP so not really needed for most trio content. I’d prioritize crown first which the knight will need to keep aggro off rogue esp since aggro nerf.

Danth
01-25-2023, 04:35 PM
A dude for whom 2K is a lot isn't going to be prioritizing a near to 100K helm any time soon.

Locustlure is an interesting suggestion, and probably a good one. A 1/3-ish slow, even as a random special effect, will reduce the healer's mana outlay more than any other item for several times the price would. Eventually you'd want to look at some other utility procs as well, like tash stick (cheap, and even the cleric could use it) or stave of shielding (not so cheap).

Jimjam
01-25-2023, 04:55 PM
Locustlure 30% slow in areas with a shaman npc is pretty huge cos it turns attack rate from 150% to 70%.

I did think the effectiveness of procs was determined by the level the proc begins, not the level of the player casting the proc. I may well be mistaken as I have nothing to back this up.

Is the slow poison one of the vendor component only ones? If the rogue friend is into poison that does sound an interesting avenue.

If you are going with unslowed mobs consider DS pots.

Toxigen
01-25-2023, 05:01 PM
I always forget about Locustlure.

So, so good.

Yes, have that ready for when rogue hits 46. Would be a total game changer for that specific trio.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 05:37 PM
lol @ people in this thread near universally recommending raid shit. It's not happening. I would rather shit in my hands and clap. You guys have fun treating this game like a full time job, that just isn't me.

Also lol @ people in this thread recommending I get this completely unrealistic helmet. This helmet costs about as much as the total platinum I've earned throughout all of my years playing EQ since 2002. "Oh it'll add up eventually", my ass, add up when? 2040? It's bad enough it takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get to 60, I'm extremely disinterested in being a slave to a guild that I don't care about.

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop insisting I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.

Encroaching Death
01-26-2023, 05:42 PM
https://i.ibb.co/rv0svyq/giphy.webp

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 06:00 PM
lol @ people in this thread near universally recommending raid shit. It's not happening. I would rather shit in my hands and clap. You guys have fun treating this game like a full time job, that just isn't me.

Also lol @ people in this thread recommending I get this completely unrealistic helmet. This helmet costs about as much as the total platinum I've earned throughout all of my years playing EQ since 2002. "Oh it'll add up eventually", my ass, add up when? 2040? It's bad enough it takes hundreds or even thousands of hours to get to 60, I'm extremely disinterested in being a slave to a guild that I don't care about.

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop recommending I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.

It's really not that difficult to get raid gear or plat as a casual player. You can farm 500pp a day if you play for 2 hours a day killing level 40ish guards as an SK. It could take less than 2 hours with certain camps. That is pretty casual. In one year that is 500 x 365 = 182500 platinum. That's enough money to buy your SK a Narandi Crown and a Fungi.

Or you could join a top end guild and raid casually on the weekend, or before/after work whenever it fits your schedule. Most raid fights don't take long. Just avoid things like Vulak. You will get enough DKP to get some cheap SK gear.

I don't really understand this mentality that casually farming plat or raiding is impossible on P99. It just takes some time and patience.

If you can only play like 30 minutes a day or less, I would honestly advise not playing Everquest. It's not really a game that is friendly for gaming sessions of 30 minutes or less.

yorumi
01-26-2023, 06:02 PM

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop recommending I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.

You know it kind of sounds like you don't like EQ.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 06:08 PM
It's really not that difficult to get raid gear or plat as a casual player. You can farm 500pp a day if you play for 2 hours a day killing level 40ish guards. It could take less than 2 hours with certain camps. That is pretty casual. In one year that is 500 x 365 = 182500 platinum. That's enough money to buy your SK a Narandi Crown and a Fungi.

Put another way, a Narandi Crown + a Fungi equals 730ish hours of work.

I swear only THIS community would so casually recommend such an investment of time with a straight face. I could get my pilots license 10 times or I could get 1 Narandi Crown in EverQuest.

You know it kind of sounds like you don't like EQ.

And again with THIS attitude. As if hating raiding means I hate EQ, when EQ is NOT about raiding to everyone.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 06:10 PM

I swear only THIS community would so casually recommend such an investment of time with a straight face. I could get my pilots license 10 times or I could get 1 Narandi Crown in EverQuest.

Honestly if you can only play Everquest 30 minutes or less per day, you just shouldn't play Everquest. This isn't Candy Crush. It's not really a game that is good to play in 30 minute or less sessions.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 06:11 PM
Things got real gatekeepery real quick didn't they?

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 06:16 PM
Things got real gatekeepery real quick didn't they?

Not at all. You can do whatever you want.

I am honestly trying to help you. Everquest (P99) really isn't a game that is designed to be played in short sessions (30 minutes or less). If you don't have the time to play P99 in at least 1 hour sessions, I generally wouldn't recommend the game to people.

There are plenty of games that cater to people who can't invest a lot of time. There is nothing wrong with that, I am not trying to be elitist or anything. I am just being real. You are trying to fit a square peg into a round hole by trying to play P99 in short sessions. This game is a marathon, not a race.

Jimjam
01-26-2023, 06:23 PM

730ish hours of having fun <3

at 5 hours of fun a week, you'll be sorted in 3 years. 3 years of having fun isn't as much as it sounds like, as you've already been an eq enthusiast for 25 years :)

Ripqozko
01-26-2023, 06:25 PM
730ish hours of having fun <3

at 5 hours of fun a week, you'll be sorted in 3 years. 3 years of having fun isn't as much as it sounds like, as you've already been an eq enthusiast for 25 years :)

Just join a guild like in, eclipse. We can sell anything and we raid very casually mostly on drafts. Use ya dkp to buy things to sell, buy the items ya need to upgrade. Works really well for me since I don’t have the time I use to , to raid .

Jimjam
01-26-2023, 06:35 PM
Loads of people write off raiding, because there are a hardcore element, but when you join a guild with such folks, it is actually super easy to be casual and join in for like 30 mins a month if that is your preferred play style.

Just cos some people hardcore it doesn't mean everyone must, and it doesn't mean you won't get items you want either.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 06:37 PM
Loads of people write off raiding, because there are a hardcore element, but when you join a guild with such folks, it is actually super easy to be casual and join in for like 30 mins a month if that is your preferred play style.

Just cos some people hardcore it doesn't mean everyone must, and it doesn't mean you won't get items you want either.

Exactly. I don't think any guild these days (at least on blue) have raid attendance requirements anymore. You can literally join a guild and kill 30 raid targets a year. That is probably enough DKP in one year to get a Narandi Crown, and many raids take 1 hour or less to complete. Many are like 10-15 mins if your guild is good at organizing. So for a grand total of 30 hours a year, you can get your raid loot.

But if you really hate raiding, you can play for 1-2 hours per day and farm the plat. There really aren't a lot of options for people who want to play P99 for like 100 hours total a year (or less). You just aren't going to get very far, unless you get really lucky or do casual raiding.

Danth
01-26-2023, 06:38 PM
"Oh it'll add up eventually", my ass, add up when? 2040?

I'm the one who said that. It does add up if you aren't constantly spending your money on alts. I said that because I'm the nearest person in this thread to you, probably: I loathe raiding as a mode of gameplay, barely do it, and mostly I duo with the wife or occasionally solo or group with friends.

Sure you could farm guards until you want to die. Yuck! I wouldn't, to me that sounds like a good way to start hating the game, but there are people who somehow manage to do that for long periods. There's another way. If you and your trio stick around, eventually you'll be able to do numerous areas that drop items worth 10K, 20K, etc. Suddenly saving up a decent chunk of platinum during the course of normal gameplay spread over several years doesn't sound so impossible. I didn't say buy a crown next month. If you're still here circa 2030, you'll have one if you want one. Seems like a long time? Check out my join date. I've been here 13 years and counting, 10+ years at level 60 on my shadow knight, doing exactly the same type of content you intend to do. If I wanted a crown I'd have one. It's only un-obtainable if you're effectively a "P99 tourist" who won't stick around all that long. Otherwise, yes, it's a matter of time.

In the meantime, you don't need a crown. I half suspect some folks on this board are so used to overpowering everything with zerg raid forces and high-end loot that they've forgotten what it's like to play the game normally. Locustlure for your Rogue is a good suggestion. Maybe a tash stick or two for your trio. Stuff like that is affordable and will increase your trio's ceiling. Most of all, get levels. More levels = more capability.

------------------------------------------

I don't write off raiding only because the time it takes, I write it off because it's NOT FUN and I'd rather jab myself in the hand with a fork than spend several days a week doing that type of awful content.

Danth

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 06:43 PM
it is actually super easy to be casual and join in for like 30 mins a month if that is your preferred play style.

I think what's not being appreciated here is that I don't WANT to raid for 30 mins a month. I want to raid 0 mins a month.

I don't like dealing with guilds, I don't find raids enjoyable. I really just love this game for exploration and jolly cooperation. Sometimes I just go into newbie zones and buff people all day, technically accomplishing nothin. Just smoke some weed, vibe out, talk about nothin... I don't have to give a SHIT about raiding to enjoy this game.

Jimjam
01-26-2023, 06:46 PM
Sure if you've tried it in a range of ways so you know from experience it isn't for you then fair enough.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 06:52 PM
I think what's not being appreciated here is that I don't WANT to raid for 30 mins a month. I want to raid 0 mins a month.

I don't like dealing with guilds, I don't find raids enjoyable. I really just love this game for exploration and jolly cooperation. Sometimes I just go into newbie zones and buff people all day, technically accomplishing nothin. Just smoke some weed, vibe out, talk about nothin... I don't have to give a SHIT about raiding to enjoy this game.

That is a perfectly fine way to play if that's what you enjoy. However, this thread is about obtaining items, and the playstyle you describe is not typically how you obtain items. Please don't blame people for suggesting items that you do not want to get, just because it doesn't fit your playstyle (which involves avoiding getting items).

Unfortunately there just aren't a ton of items in this game. This is especially true when you are in the 1-50 range. The average player in 1999 was running around in bronze armor and maybe combine weapons if they were lucky. You just didn't get a lot of good items as a casual player. If you want good items, you will need to play a bit differently. If not, you are going to be kind of stuck.

EDIT: As Danth said earlier, if your Trio sticks around, then your best bet is just to get to level 60 as soon as possible with said Trio. Then you can at least farm some gear. But if you have enough time to do that, you could farm plat too:)

Danth
01-26-2023, 06:57 PM
I do not agree, Shamwowi. In his very first post he explicitly laid out his requirements. Advice that does not fit the stated requirements is worthless, and that's the fault of the person giving it. If I'm doing wind loading calculations for a wood frame structure, someone moseying by suggesting I switch to steel when the requirement calls for wood is of no help. Have to work within the requirements laid out. That's why they're requirements.

In this game you can either be bad at it and raid and get really nice stuff, be good at it and not raid and get middling stuff, or be bad and not raid and then you're stuck with junk. Take your pick.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 07:03 PM
I do not agree, Shamwowi. In his very first post he explicitly laid out his requirements. Advice that does not fit the stated requirements is worthless, and that's the fault of the person giving it. If I'm doing wind loading calculations for a wood frame structure, someone moseying by suggesting I switch to steel when the requirement calls for wood is of no help. Have to work within the requirements laid out. That's why they're requirements.

Narandi Crown, as an example, is not going against OP's original post. You can buy a Narandi Crown without raiding at all.

If OP says farming plat/items takes too long, then the only other option is raiding.

If OP doesn't want to raid and can't spend the time farming, he isn't going to get items.

Danth
01-26-2023, 07:08 PM
Agree with respect to that specific item, which is why I also recommended remembering it if he sticks around long term. If you want a moderately expensive droppable and can't get one in say 5 years, even as a casual, you're either unfathomably bad at EQ or you don't actually want one that much. Not wanting one is perfectly valid. I don't have a crown myself because I like having a graphic hat better--but I could have one if I wanted it.

Danth

Jimjam
01-26-2023, 07:10 PM
Narandi Crown, as an example, is not going against OP's original post. You can buy a Narandi Crown without raiding at all.

If OP says farming plat/items takes too long, then the only other option is raiding.

If OP doesn't want to raid and can't spend the time farming, he isn't going to get items.

Something OP may not have considered is earning DKP through non-raid activities and using that to fund the hat.

If OP enjoys running toons around, covering ports, PLing alts, buff parties, etc there are options available there in some guilds.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 07:12 PM
Agree with respect to that specific item, which is why I also recommended remembering it if he sticks around long term. If you want a moderately expensive droppable and can't get one in say 5 years, even as a casual, you're either unfathomably bad at EQ or you don't actually want one that much. Not wanting one is perfectly valid. I don't have a crown myself because I like having a graphic hat better--but I could have one if I wanted it.

Danth

Agreed. And yes, I do have mixed feelings about Narandi Crown's fashion. On some characters having no helm graphic is cool, but I really like the Velious graphic for male Trolls. I wish you could have a Custom Narandi Crown hehe.

Something OP may not have considered is earning DKP through non-raid activities and using that to fund the hat.

If OP enjoys running toons around, covering ports, PLing alts, buff parties, etc there are options available there in some guilds.

That is a great point! You can indeed get DKP through non-raiding means, and that would still probably take less time than farming plat/items. But you do need to show up to the kill generally speaking to bid on an item, so he would have to at least attend the raids for the items he wants. So it probably wouldn't work out if OP remains resolute in his 0 raiding policy.

Danth
01-26-2023, 07:20 PM
On some characters having no helm graphic is cool, but I really like the Velious graphic for male Trolls.

My guy is a human. Giving up that winged serpentine helm for some stats would be an affront to decency! I spent what felt like months circa 2016ish scouring the 'net trying to find proof that Narandi crown was visible during our era, only to be met with disappointment.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 07:36 PM

And honestly, I can tolerate semi-irrelevant advice when it's simply offered at a glance, I mean, good to consider ALL options right? But then I persisted in giving my hard NO and... this... this tendency to just persistently badger people who refuse to raid is baffling to me. "You could get this item." turns to "You really should get this item" turns to "You really should raid" turns to "Why aren't you raiding?" followed by people trying to dissect my personal issues with raiding to try to convince me to do it anyway even though I started this entire thing making it 100% clear that I am not interested in it. "Hey, you don't actually have to sell your soul, with just ____ investment, you can raid and get SOME of the items you need" and eventually "If you aren't willing to put ____ investment, you don't belong in this game". Condescendingly breaking a simple subject down in mathematical terms as if I have no idea how to play this game. I have a 59 necro. I know how to generate money (and a hell of a lot more than 500pp every 2 hours).

Raiding and farming sucks ass to me, the whole point is to do less of it. Farming is sometimes necessary, but raiding isn't, and I hate doing it, so I'm not gonna do it, and I don't need a better reason.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 07:56 PM
And honestly, I can tolerate semi-irrelevant advice when it's simply offered at a glance, I mean, good to consider ALL options right? But then I persisted in giving my hard NO and... this... this tendency to just persistently badger people who refuse to raid is baffling to me. "You could get this item." turns to "You really should get this item" turns to "You really should raid" turns to "Why aren't you raiding?" followed by people trying to dissect my personal issues with raiding to try to convince me to do it anyway even though I started this entire thing making it 100% clear that I am not interested in it. "Hey, you don't actually have to sell your soul, with just ____ investment, you can raid and get SOME of the items you need" and eventually "If you aren't willing to put ____ investment, you don't belong in this game". Condescendingly breaking a simple subject down in mathematical terms as if I have no idea how to play this game. I have a 59 necro. I know how to generate money (and a hell of a lot more than 500pp every 2 hours).

Raiding and farming sucks ass to me, the whole point is to do less of it. Farming is sometimes necessary, but raiding isn't, and I hate doing it, so I'm not gonna do it, and I don't need a better reason.

No one is badgering you, and again I wasn't trying to force you off Everquest lol. You are taking this way too personally/seriously. You need to calm down.

You are simply painting yourself into a corner, and then complaining when no advise fits your specific needs.

If you want to save time (or don't have a lot of play time), then raiding is going to give you the best "bang for your buck" in terms of items. That is what we are trying to say. You don't have to "sell your soul".

If you don't want to raid, then you will need to take the more time intensive route of farming plat/items.

If you don't want to raid, don't want to farm, and just want to buff noobs in EC, you aren't going to get items.

What other advise can we give?

Ripqozko
01-26-2023, 07:57 PM

Sorry you don't got raid, hope that helps.

Encroaching Death
01-26-2023, 07:59 PM
Top end gear doesn't really improve your character or make gameplay that much easier.

Like lvl 1 to 20, sure.

But past that, a fully twinked out character is like 10% better than a normally geared character.

When I got my first Fungi tunic, I was hugely disappointed because it's overhyped.

Getting buffed by higher level characters is way easier, cheaper, and better.

EQ is a game of inches.

Getting that sweet raid upgrade will make you 0.097% better. You won't even notice a difference.

Banded Armor is all you need in this game.

Danth
01-26-2023, 08:02 PM

Here's a curious exercise: What's the best character you can build with a budget of 500P per slot, 2500 for weapon? Call it the Junkman Challenge.

stealthbeast

Maybe none. I didn't ask for an infinite amount of advice. I asked what erudite-specific gear I'm missing out on for my SK.

Encroaching Death
Here's a curious exercise: What's the best character you can build with a budget of 500P per slot, 2500 for weapon? Call it the Junkman Challenge.

Enchanter.

yorumi
01-26-2023, 08:05 PM

In this game you can either be bad at it and raid and get really nice stuff, be good at it and not raid and get middling stuff, or be bad and not raid and then you're stuck with junk. Take your pick.

I don’t entirely disagree but in many cases it’s not a bad thing to try to get a person to consider thing they may have written off for all the wrong reasons. It’s not terrible to suggest a person could expand their horizons or that they might have an incorrect idea about something. However, given his over the top temper tantrum I think it’s pretty obvious why he doesn’t want to interact with a guild.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 08:09 PM

I understand where you are coming from, but OP has already said he has a full set of https://wiki.project1999.com/Guardian_Armor and https://wiki.project1999.com/Silver_Chitin_Hand_Wraps.

That is going to be better or on par with anything you could come up with via the Junk Man challenge (love the name hehe).

He is honestly at the point where Narandi Crown is the type of item he is looking for in terms of an upgrade. That or maybe the Skyshrine/Kael No Drop Armor quests.

I think this is why nobody can satisfy OP's request. If he was in all Leather/Banded, there are a lot more options in terms of upgrades.

Honestly that is why I didn't think he would have a problem with farming. Clearly he has the time to do it.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 08:41 PM
I think this is why nobody can satisfy OP's request. If he was in all Leather/Banded, there are a lot more options in terms of upgrades.

... My request WAS satisfied. It was answered by Snaggles, Jimjam, Encroaching Death, and strongNpretty, with some details offered by others. I even got one of the items recommended. It was quite a scary, adventurous little quest to get too. Real wholesome EQ stuff.

See, they actually responded to the question which is why I took their advice.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread about the merits of raiding. I didn't make it about that. You did.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 08:46 PM
... My request WAS satisfied. It was answered by Snaggles, Jimjam, Encroaching Death, and strongNpretty, with some details offered by others. I even got one of the items recommended. It was quite a scary, adventurous little adventure to get too. Real wholesome EQ stuff.

See, they actually responded to the question.

This wasn't supposed to be a thread about the merits of raiding. I didn't make it about that. You did.

We actually responded to your question too. Next time don't get so angry about people trying to help you. If you have a platinum limit or some other detail, let it be known early. You can indeed get something like a Narandi Crown without raiding, so it was not outside of the requirements you set in your original post.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 08:52 PM
We actually responded to your question too. Next time don't get so angry about people trying to help you. If you have a platinum limit or some other detail, let it be known early. You can indeed get something like a Narandi Crown without raiding, so it was not outside of the requirements you set in your original post.

Uhhh are you remembering what this thread is actually about? It's about erudite-specific items. You'd have a point if the Narandi Crown was an erudite only item, or at least not usable by 'ALL'. That thing should never have been brought up in the first place, it's completely irrelevant.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 08:54 PM
Uhhh are you remembering what this thread is actually about? It's about erudite-specific items. You'd have a point if the Narandi Crown was an erudite only item, or at least not usable by 'ALL'. That thing should never have been brought up in the first place, it's completely irrelevant.

Ice Forged Shackles aren't Erudite only, but I don't see you complaining about those. Sliver Chitin Hand Wraps are All/All, and Guardian Armor is basically All races.

Just for clarity, people don't generally refer to "race specific items" as items that have 5 specific races listed on them. https://wiki.project1999.com/Greenmist is what people would call a "race specific item", because it is Iksar exclusive. That may be where some of the confusion is coming from. It seems like your definition of "race specific item" is items that specifically list the race on it, even if there are 10 races listed, and "All" isn't valid because the item doesn't list "ERU". That is not a common interpretation.

Ripqozko
01-26-2023, 09:04 PM
Inb4 1000 pages

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 09:06 PM
Ice Forged Shackles aren't Erudite only, but I don't see you complaining about those.

Technically true, I didn't anticipate being thrust this far under the microscope, but I would say the shackles, while not erudite specific, are still very much in the spirit of the question as they're not usable by ogre/troll, and they indeed ended up being PHENOMENAL fashion.

Nice try making me look as bad as possible though, I really appreciate the sheer effort put into derailing my thread, being told that I can't be satisfied when I am, and suggesting I should probably just leave EQ.

Real classy stuff. Really makes me want to join a guild with like a hundred you's and maybe give my cell number to them, who knows.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 09:11 PM
Technically true, but it's still very much in the spirit of the question as they're not usable by ogre/troll, and they indeed ended up being PHENOMENAL fashion.

Nice try making me look as bad as possible though, I really appreciate the sheer effort put into derailing my thread, being told that I can't be satisfied when I am, and suggesting I should probably just leave EQ.

Real classy stuff. Really makes me want to join a guild with like a hundred you's and maybe give my cell number to them, who knows.

I am not doing that at all. I am trying to help you understand what happened. If "off topic" posts really bother you, you need to be able to craft your questions with more details next time.

The only person making themselves look bad here is yourself.

HAHAHAHAHA... ME get an item like THAT? That's a good one. Like I said, this character is 100% absolutely positively not going to raid. It's not gonna happen. I have to work with what I can realistically acquire as a solo, or at most, as part of a group. I main a 59 necro so I can access quite a lot, but obviously I'll never be in a position where I can take down a level 65 mob with 285k hp. Absolute fantasy.

Why act like an asshole to Crede when his suggestion literally fits into your requirements as written? We are not mind readers here. You could have been polite and simply said you didn't want to spend that much money, or clarified your position.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 09:16 PM
Why act like an asshole to Crede when his suggestion literally fits into your requirements as written?

I didn't mean anything bad towards Crede. It was just a self roast.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 09:25 PM
I didn't mean anything bad towards Crede. It was just a self roast.

Ah I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Here is another post, the one I originally responded to:

I have to be realistic folks. If I can't fight to it on a 60 necro, I treat it like it doesn't even exist in the game, because for me it might as well not. Period. Stop insisting I raid, and stop recommending I buy hundreds of thousands of platinum worth of items. Neither are happening.

The issue here is you sound angry and aggressive. This is confusing since your original requirements as written allow for a Narandi Crown to be suggested.

I understand that is NOT what you wanted, but that was simply a misunderstanding on the communities part as to what you meant by "Erudite Specific". Since you are wearing Silver Chitin Hand Wraps (All/All) and Guardian Armor (Basically All Races), I don't think anybody was assuming you meant "Gear with ERU specifically in the Race section, even if there are multiple races listed".

You also don't want high value droppable raid loot suggested, which can be acquired outside of raiding. This wasn't mentioned either.

My goal here is to hopefully enlighten you on some of the P99 jargon, so you can formulate your next post more concisely. I don't blame you for not knowing the jargon, but it does rub some people the wrong way when you sound angry for no apparent reason.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 09:30 PM
My goal here is to hopefully enlighten you on some of the P99 jargon, so you can formulate your next post more concisely. I don't blame you for not knowing the jargon, but it does rub some people the wrong way when you sound angry for no apparent reason.

You have become better at Condescendence! (200)

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 09:36 PM
You have become better at Condescendence! (200)

I tried to help, but you clearly have this attitude that everybody is out to get you.

Next time people simply won't bother responding to you, because you will just randomly start shouting at people about "being off topic", when the fault lies within your formulation of the question.

stealthbeast
01-26-2023, 09:40 PM
I tried to help, but you clearly have this attitude that everybody is out to get you.

Next time people simply won't bother responding to you, because you will just randomly start shouting at people about "being off topic", when the fault lies within your formulation of the question.

No Death. This isn't directed at everyone in this thread. This is directed at you because you specifically are a condescending asshole.

So if I'm lucky enough to never have to interact with you ever again in a thread, that's fine by me.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-26-2023, 09:46 PM
No Death. This isn't directed at everyone in this thread. This is directed at you because you specifically are a condescending asshole.

So if I'm lucky enough to never have to interact with you ever again in a thread, that's fine by me.

That is simply your imagination. I am sorry that you cannot read things properly, and think everybody is out to get you.

Ideally you take a step back and stop assuming such things. You will be easier to talk to.

Jimjam
01-27-2023, 03:19 AM

Once the initial question is answered it is fair to expand on the question as in the future people will search and find old threads looking for info. Forum posting is a little performative - it isn’t just a conversation with the OP but for potential future audiences too.

For those people with full guardian armour and schw willing to grind dkp through whatever means or attend the idd ring war / sky plough (which aren’t like the typical p99 raid) getting a pegasus belt, narandi crown and lance is pretty decent advice.

I certainly don’t enjoy hanging around waiting for bat phones to kill just a boss mob - but used to enjoy HoT/Sky/ring war/etc trash grinf type raids so was offering this expanded advice from first hand. I certainly got my own sk the 40% sky belt and beat up narandi (though he wears a hot crown for fashion).

Also, don’t overlook the advice for doing non-raid activities for dkp then logging in once to autoattack on a giant in great divide.

Duik
01-27-2023, 08:24 AM
Just join a guild like in, eclipse. We can sell anything and we....
Works really well for me since I don’t have the time I use [sic] to , to raid .

Sorry you dont got.. the time to raid.
Did I win this thread?

Ripqozko
01-27-2023, 09:12 AM
Sorry you dont got.. the time to raid.
Did I win this thread?

We all did when DSM started posting 100x

Trelaboon
02-18-2023, 04:01 PM
It’s worth pointing out that you may be surprised how quickly plat adds up over time. I’m the definition of a filthy casual. I spent about a year raiding on p1999 to get some odds and ins for most of my characters, but in no way go hard.

What items I have (a Narandi crown for instance) I bought with plat that I just slowly accumulated. The thing about p1999 is it isn’t going anywhere. We’re stuck in this timeline until the devs decide to stop running the server, which doesn’t appear to be any time soon.

I spend almost zero time actually farming, and just occasionally pick up an item like a Hiero cloak here, a Torp scroll there, slowly but surely building plat just running fun groups with friends. I’m not saying prioritize anything, but never say “I’ll never have that item” just because in the early days, before you even have one 60, it seems impossible. I’ve been on the server since 2009 and have leveled lots of alts, and gotten gear I’d never have expected, just because of the amount of time I’ve spent in game. I play maybe 10 hours total over the course of 2 weeks, and have for years. But over the years, that little bit of time really adds up. I’ve even taken a couple hiatus from game. My most recent for 3 years between 2019-2022

Heck, half the plat I’ve earned was while leveling a new alt and picking up some fancy item while leveling. I’ve snagged a T-staff, a Torp scroll and multiple Hiero cloaks over the years, most on alts that weren’t even level 60.

Again, not pressuring you to farm or raid. I also don’t really enjoy either of those things, but somehow, over time, I’ve acquired things

Pint
02-28-2023, 04:41 PM
I rolled an erudite sk and didn't find any race specific stuff. The cultural armor is neat but would be a big hassle to actually source at this point. Raiding here is pretty bad but you might enjoy pick up plane of sky raids regardless of joining a guild or going for loot. I saw you don't want to raid at all but sky does have a different vibe kind of like how hate and fear clears used to be pre velious. You progress through the zone and usually the raids are smaller so do require ppl to coordinate and pitch in. Seems like with a 59 Necro you could group in places like crypt or chardok etc and definitely accumulate pp over time for cool items. Narandi crown is not the way to go though, literally never wore it on my 60 paladin which is part of the reason I made an alt to throw it on. Your attitude toward raiding seems justified but an aversion to farming ppl via solo or group content on a content locked server that has been out for over a decade seems counter productive. You will accumulate that 50-100k eventually if you do actually just enjoy playing p99 in group or solo environments.

strongNpretty
02-28-2023, 05:42 PM
I rolled an erudite sk and didn't find any race specific stuff. The cultural armor is neat but would be a big hassle to actually source at this point. Raiding here is pretty bad but you might enjoy pick up plane of sky raids regardless of joining a guild or going for loot. I saw you don't want to raid at all but sky does have a different vibe kind of like how hate and fear clears used to be pre velious. You progress through the zone and usually the raids are smaller so do require ppl to coordinate and pitch in. Seems like with a 59 Necro you could group in places like crypt or chardok etc and definitely accumulate pp over time for cool items. Narandi crown is not the way to go though, literally never wore it on my 60 paladin which is part of the reason I made an alt to throw it on. Your attitude toward raiding seems justified but an aversion to farming ppl via solo or group content on a content locked server that has been out for over a decade seems counter productive. You will accumulate that 50-100k eventually if you do actually just enjoy playing p99 in group or solo environments.

I'll find your Cultural dealer- Just got my set a bit ago! Just holler!

Pint
02-28-2023, 06:20 PM
I'll find your Cultural dealer- Just got my set a bit ago! Just holler!

Thanks but I already pieced together some gear for him, looks like a mismatched clown in cloth though

strongNpretty
03-01-2023, 11:11 AM
Thanks but I already pieced together some gear for him, looks like a mismatched clown in cloth though

I've gotta be the worst 53 SK on the server, cause i refuse to take off the Cultural Armor.... But god damn he looks good... Wish I woulda rolled pally tho, cause that Blue cultural is Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Toxigen
03-01-2023, 11:29 AM
just keep swinging that 2 hander bubba

Crede
03-01-2023, 12:01 PM
I've gotta be the worst 53 SK on the server, cause i refuse to take off the Cultural Armor.... But god damn he looks good... Wish I woulda rolled pally tho, cause that Blue cultural is Wooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ya i went blue prexus pally. Looks badass. Fungi actually somewhat "matches" which is neat. The problem is when you start upgrading beyond cultural as others have pointed out, you start to look really weird.

If ya go blue pally, you can rock fungi and be ok. Otherwise, never take off cultural armor on erudite.

strongNpretty
03-01-2023, 12:06 PM
Ya i want blue prexus pally. Looks badass. Fungi actually somewhat "matches" which is neat. The problem is when you start upgrading beyond cultural as others have pointed out, you start to look really weird.

If ya go blue pally, you can rock fungi and be ok. Otherwise, never take off cultural armor on erudite.

Agreed. And we should all agree.. Erudite SK's/Clerics/Pallys should always rock cultural...

strongNpretty
03-01-2023, 12:07 PM
That being said, can we pleaaase get some more cultural tailors to start up business on blue?!?!

Ripqozko
03-01-2023, 12:31 PM
I've gotta be the worst

Yes you failed all 3 servers