PDA

View Full Version : 'Velma' tries to milk grown-up laughs out of 'Scooby-Doo's' pre-dog days - CNN

Jobaber
01-14-2023, 10:55 PM
Discuss.

JECHkWiKF2I

aussenseiter
01-14-2023, 11:01 PM
lol

unsunghero
01-15-2023, 03:22 AM
Heard this show was good and that she twerks like she hulk did

Could be a little fatter and blacker but I already give it 9/10 without seeing it

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 11:52 AM
Big oof

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QrPdwfF3bW8

Encroaching Death
01-17-2023, 12:11 PM
It's like 'The Producers', but in real life. They intentionally make horrible content and then call you racist/sexist for criticizing it.

They get to embezzle funds and virtue-signal on Twitter. It's a win/win.

Elizondo
01-17-2023, 12:24 PM
-QCwAnUoXDE

Lune
01-17-2023, 04:43 PM
Honestly at this point I'm about 90% positive they are just trying to troll right wing ragemonsters

Haven't watched the show, never will, but everything they've shown or I've seen it about it is pure cringe.

PRogers
01-17-2023, 04:45 PM
Honestly at this point I'm about 90% positive they are just trying to troll right wing ragemonsters

Haven't watched the show, never will, but everything they've shown or I've seen it about it is pure cringe.

Dont tell them. They dont know hate watching, hate posting, and just plain hating it outloud is advertising and revenue for that company.

It's kinda silly. #cancelvelma from the free speech community.

Encroaching Death
01-17-2023, 04:49 PM
Dont tell them. They dont know hate watching, hate posting, and just plain hating it outloud is advertising and revenue for that company.

It's kinda silly. #cancelvelma from the free speech community.

You didn't do your research then.

They also make fun of leftists and #MeToo in particular.

They're trying to make everyone angry with it lol

PRogers
01-17-2023, 07:55 PM

dont care.

you're allowed to make fun of people.

Encroaching Death
01-17-2023, 08:07 PM
dont care.

you're allowed to make fun of people.

I agree.

But what I'm saying is it isn't just right wingers complaining.

Raj
01-17-2023, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMhCLZ_ZuxQ

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 09:53 PM

Hate viewing isn’t a recipe for success

Where’s the sequels to the all female ghostbusters movie and all the other shitty woke reboots of old stuff again?

Ohh that’s right they lost a lot of money and got canned

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 09:57 PM
But muh hate viewing

What will I do now

Never watched any of these btw. Nor did anyone else

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 10:34 PM
Oh and the only reason the Rings of Woke Garbage isn’t cancelled yet is Amazon wants to ride that sunk cost fallacy all the way to the new world record for most money lost on a tv show

Trexller
01-17-2023, 10:59 PM
Hate viewing isn’t a recipe for success

well, it is for Tucker Carlson.

libtards literally watch that show to feel outrage

im dead serious, can look it up

Jobaber
01-17-2023, 11:04 PM
hate viewing pays for the entire us economy!

:p

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 11:25 PM
well, it is for Tucker Carlson.

libtards literally watch that show to feel outrage

im dead serious, can look it up

To some degree it has worked for streamers as well. Although I actually like his takes on a lot of stuff, Asmongold used to have a huge population of hate viewers. Mostly people upset with how he kept calling himself the “literal God” playing the Souls series while being more terrible than 95% of Souls players, even the most casual. Same for his performance in WoW

Also worked for MMA shit talking legends like Conor McGregor

So to some degree it works, but it’s a terrible idea to try to bank on for a tv show or movie. Or to propose to a studio: “Hey executives, we want to make a show so fucking bad, that people will turn it into a success out of pure hate. And we need your money to do it”. That’s a hard pitch to sell

I think the better angle is to rather than call white people racist serial killers with tiny dicks who are so pampered they can’t cut their own food, instead go the Sharknado or The Room method. Don’t make it insulting the audience bad, just extremely dumb bad. Then you have a chance it survives as a cult classic

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 11:26 PM
Or Birdemic bad:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzV8Q2fsN0o

Trexller
01-17-2023, 11:31 PM
lol i think people watch connor mcgregor mma fights hoping to see him get his douche bag ass beat to a pulp.

watch him recoil from FSO security:

tdCo3gouGRw

Raj
01-17-2023, 11:49 PM

Click on this or someone re-post with the fancy embed if you want a taste of something actually good. :cool:

unsunghero
01-18-2023, 12:47 AM

Funny stuff :)

magnetaress
01-18-2023, 10:09 AM
Discuss.

JECHkWiKF2I

he really must hang out on p99 forums if so sup JP )))

anyway i'm alllllll about the ppl pleasing and i want to confess i don't really like scooby doo all that much

however

Click on this or someone re-post with the fancy embed if you want a taste of something actually good. :cool:

mMhCLZ_ZuxQ

was actually quite funny and accurate )))

loramin
01-18-2023, 12:04 PM
i want to confess i don't really like scooby doo all that much

Jesus fuck: I actually agree with magnetaress on something!

https://i.imgflip.com/qwbth.jpg

When I was growing up all the other cartoons were either funny (eg. Looney Toons, Animaniacs), or action-packed (eg. He-Man, Transformers). Scooby Doo was neither. It had dumb gags (that weren't actually funny), endlessly repeated catchphrases (also not funny), and boring/predictable plots (where the only action was someone falling through a trap door, or an old man having his mask pulled off at the end).

If it didn't have a talking dog (or if young children didn't <3 talking animals), the show would never have made it to a second season.

Encroaching Death
01-18-2023, 12:16 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/77wppl.jpg

unsunghero
01-18-2023, 12:19 PM
Jesus fuck: I actually agree with magnetaress on something!

https://i.imgflip.com/qwbth.jpg

When I was growing up all the other cartoons were either funny (eg. Looney Toons, Animaniacs), or action-packed (eg. He-Man, Transformers). Scooby Doo was neither. It had dumb gags (that weren't actually funny), endlessly repeated catchphrases (also not funny), and boring/predictable plots (where the only action was someone falling through a trap door, or an old man having his mask pulled off at the end).

If it didn't have a talking dog (or if young children didn't <3 talking animals), the show would never have made it to a second season.

Same

X-men cartoon was where it was at IMO

Encroaching Death
01-18-2023, 12:23 PM

Saturday morning? Check.

Cocoa Puffs in the bowl? Check.

TMNT pajamas still on? Check.

It's cartoon time :cool:

sAkL2-vh2Sk

loramin
01-18-2023, 12:29 PM

Amen. And that theme song! It's so catchy it's now once again stuck in head :)

Jobaber
01-18-2023, 02:05 PM
I liked scooby do, but I didnt know when it was on, so it was more like, "oh I found that creepy show!"

I like to enjoy things though, so i tend to like things like everquest and scooby doo and rapture movies.

:p

Elizondo
01-18-2023, 02:08 PM
yYZH7B498gE

Ooloo
01-18-2023, 03:33 PM
I confess I also hate scooby doo. It just occupies some part of my brain labelled "that cartoon stoners like or whatever". And I used to be a huuuuuge stoner and still occasionally indulge and I still hate it.

PRogers
01-18-2023, 03:41 PM
I agree.

But what I'm saying is it isn't just right wingers complaining.

it never is though. If shit sucks, people will speak with their wallets or mouths but one way or another it wont last.

Shows are only as good as their writers. You seen Atlanta?

Raj
01-18-2023, 04:55 PM
he really must hang out on p99 forums if so sup JP )))

anyway i'm alllllll about the ppl pleasing and i want to confess i don't really like scooby doo all that much

however

was actually quite funny and accurate )))

Ty my friend! :) <3

Evia
01-18-2023, 10:10 PM
Saturday morning? Check.

Cocoa Puffs in the bowl? Check.

TMNT pajamas still on? Check.

It's cartoon time :cool:

sAkL2-vh2Sk

Omg omg the nostalgia!!

Evia
01-18-2023, 10:13 PM
yYZH7B498gE

Yes! Another classic!! Are we all 90s kids wtf is happening right now?

Ps. Totally agree that Scooby-Doo sucks. Loramin nailed it by saying all the other cartoons were so much better.

unsunghero
01-18-2023, 10:59 PM
Donatello was always my favorite turtle too

Encroaching Death
01-27-2023, 07:24 PM
An objective, non-political, review of the show:

_gHTTHqA2Zk