PDA

View Full Version : Masculinity

aussenseiter
01-14-2023, 10:24 PM
Ironically the rise of this idea in American culture fits perfectly with the Middle and South American Concepts of Machismo (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machismo)

Machismo (/məˈtʃiːzmoʊ, mɑː-, -ˈtʃɪz-/; Spanish: [maˈtʃismo]; Portuguese: [maˈʃiʒmu]; from Spanish macho 'male', and -ismo) is the sense of being "manly" and self-reliant, a concept associated with "a strong sense of masculine pride: an exaggerated masculinity". Machismo is a term originating in the early 1930s and 1940s best defined as having pride in one's masculinity. It is associated with "a man's responsibility to provide for, protect, and defend his family". Machismo is strongly and consistently associated with dominance, aggression, exhibition, and nurturance. The correlation to machismo is found to be deeply rooted in family dynamics and culture.

Once again Democrats are the real racists. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAs9laxC-rs)

Jobaber
01-14-2023, 10:25 PM
As a beta cuck Ive always hated masculinity, so I spent a while championing a bunch of fellow beta cucks. Now, they push me around and stuff and act machismo and I'm hanging out with guys that like oil but are super nice.

unsunghero
01-14-2023, 10:28 PM
I find black culture to have by far the most masculinity tbh

GinnasP99
01-15-2023, 04:07 AM
BNJbPdujbSs

magnetaress
01-15-2023, 10:37 AM
Jesus isn't super masculine butt he is the Masculine ideal :D

(mary is the feminine one)

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 12:34 AM
Cool vid, I always liked how they portrayed him here as so good he never got hit, rather than physically unable to be hurt except one spot, that latter which is I think more technically accurate to the source

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XzHvyJT5I

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 01:44 AM
Cool vid, I always liked how they portrayed him here as so good he never got hit, rather than physically unable to be hurt except one spot, that latter which is I think more technically accurate to the source

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1_XzHvyJT5I

i really like this movie

in this video the part where she goes people will write of you for 1000s of years, that's insane. Imagine going back in time and meeting one of these people. Are we really going to be talking about people that are alive today for 1000s of years from now?

What a weird thing but cool movie also and video.

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 02:14 AM
Are we really going to be talking about people that are alive today for 1000s of years from now?

No

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 02:17 AM
^
Which is why I agree with the choice he makes

If someone who has always been known to be right on the future says there is a way you can be remembered for thousands of years but you also have to die, it becomes tempting with that sort of legend timeline…for probably a decent amount of people

PRogers
01-16-2023, 03:35 PM
macho macho man.
ive got to be
a macho man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1glxX1BiQ

magnetaress
01-16-2023, 04:04 PM
macho macho man.
ive got to be
a macho man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ1glxX1BiQ

Nacho man is where it's at )

Toxigen
01-16-2023, 04:09 PM
the liberal dippy-doos that are trying to do away with "toxic masculinity" are singing the praises (and song) of "big dick energy"

you cant make this shit up

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 04:11 PM
aQt3TgIo5e8

PRogers
01-16-2023, 04:27 PM
aQt3TgIo5e8

whos that?

goblinmob
01-16-2023, 04:31 PM
It looks like TJ Miller kinda?

[EDIT] shit nvm

PRogers
01-16-2023, 04:43 PM
is he the guy from that news show? Like action news 5 or something?

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 04:47 PM
It's sad that the bot that writes the universe bugged out and mixed up andrew callaghan with andrew tate

magnetaress
01-16-2023, 04:49 PM
It's sad that the bot that writes the universe bugged out and mixed up andrew callaghan with andrew tate

:o

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 05:30 PM
You will never defeat masculinity, nerds.

:cool:

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 05:54 PM
There’s many on the right who will say anyone that preaches to men about masculinity and how to be a “good man” or whatever will always be vilified by the left, because they want all men to be ashamed or something

I’m not sure if I believe them. I sort of do in that ones like Jordan Peterson that I personally have no problem with, the left always will for a difference in politics. I think any positive role model for men would have no chance of not being vilified if they ever come out as right-leaning. So they would need to either be left or stay completely apolitical

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 05:57 PM
There’s many on the right who will say anyone that preaches to men about masculinity and how to be a “good man” or whatever will always be vilified by the left, because they want all men to be ashamed or something

I’m not sure if I believe them. I sort of do in that ones like Jordan Peterson that I personally have no problem with, the left always will for a difference in politics. I think any positive role model for men would have no chance of not being vilified if they ever come out as right-leaning. So they would need to either be left or stay completely apolitical

Masculinity naturally promotes and prolongs a meritocratic, capitalist system.

That's why they constantly attack it.

But they'll never win :cool:

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 06:02 PM
Masculinity naturally promotes and prolongs a meritocratic, capitalist system.

That's why they constantly attack it.

Ya true, good point

Same as you aren’t likely to find someone not recommending a man to provide for and protect a family. That involves two things the left hates: family and the idea that a woman can’t provide

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 06:06 PM
Ya true, good point

Same as you aren’t likely to find someone not recommending a man to provide for and protect a family. That involves two things the left hates: family and the idea that a woman can’t provide

Family and Religion are natural authority structures which can potentially undermine a totalitarian state. They only want one authority in town.

Even Comedy and Intellectualism can be threats. Which is why the Khmer Rouge murdered anyone with glasses and why they say the first casualty of Communism was a clown.

magnetaress
01-16-2023, 07:43 PM
3 gr8 masculine male role models r here

https://i.imgur.com/oILAZCa.jpeg

aussenseiter
01-16-2023, 07:49 PM
You will never defeat masculinity, nerds.

:cool:

Some say the country is becoming more masculine with every border crossing.

magnetaress
01-16-2023, 08:01 PM

aussenseiter
01-16-2023, 08:15 PM

I called my shot and I shot it. 💯

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 08:21 PM

True, which proves the Left don't mind betraying their own values if it means gaining more power.

"There is no truth but power" - the Left truly lives by those fascist words :D

aussenseiter
01-16-2023, 08:32 PM
True, which proves the Left don't mind betraying their own values if it means gaining more power.

Ok then stop whining about them if you want are country to be more masculine.

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 08:49 PM

Technically $4.00/hour is a living wage if you are willing to cram 15+ people and 3 families into a single home, subsidize your food budget with food bank and church free meal offerings, and try to get your kids on food stamps

Unemployed millennials unhappy with entry-level wages just need to live like migrants

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 09:25 PM
Ok then stop whining about them if you want are country to be more masculine.

Nope. When you promise people free shit in exchange for votes, you're making the country weaker, not more masculine :cool:

aussenseiter
01-16-2023, 09:29 PM
Nope. When you promise people free shit in exchange for votes, you're making the country weaker, not more masculine :cool:

I was speaking in a biological sense, not a made-up emotional sense.

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 09:30 PM
Prays in power grid shutting down.

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 09:35 PM

I'm speaking about biology.

If you vote Democrat, you're a woman. No matter what.

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 09:36 PM
We live in a world where if you go to get your kid from a public school to go fishing the CPS can take your kid.

Kaveh
01-16-2023, 10:07 PM
We live in a world where if you go to get your kid from a public school to go fishing the CPS can take your kid.

Nah, it’s not that easy. My wife was an NP in a children’s hospital and they regularly couldn’t get kids taken away when the mom gave them heroin because baby wouldn’t sleep

On the flip side, lots of medical foster families are in it for the govt stipend and a shitty home with loving parents is better than randos not in it for the child

/shrug

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 10:08 PM
Nah, it’s not that easy. My wife was an NP in a children’s hospital and they regularly couldn’t get kids taken away when the mom gave them heroin because baby wouldn’t sleep

On the flip side, lots of medical foster families are in it for the govt stipend and a shitty home with loving parents is better than randos not in it for the child

/shrug

https://hechingerreport.org/when-schools-use-child-protective-services-as-a-weapon-against-parents/

Kaveh
01-16-2023, 10:10 PM
Sure, it happens and is wrong

magnetaress
01-16-2023, 10:12 PM
Herione ok
Fishing not ok

Homesteaded
01-16-2023, 10:28 PM
I routinely take my kids out of school to do fun things. Like hiking and skiing.

Jobaber
01-16-2023, 10:33 PM
I routinely take my kids out of school to do fun things. Like hiking and skiing.

Well, idk what to say. I seen a video on reddit once that affirms my world views.

You sound like a nice dad though.

unsunghero
01-16-2023, 10:37 PM

A wonder if the reason that so many of the migrants are dudes is the fact women don’t want to have to ride the coyote rape train all across Mexico

So funny imagining how many hundreds of single adult migrant dudes Time magazine had to skip past to get that perfect cover photo of a sad migrant child they could superimpose next to a scowling Trump for that hit propaganda cover

“Get these ugly migrant dudes out of the way. Do we have any sad migrant girl children?”

“Sir we have a girl here with no parents who got molested a bunch on the way here by cartel”

“Oh that’s perfect. Put her next to Trump so it looks like his fault. Fuck yea, clip it and ship it!”

Encroaching Death
01-16-2023, 10:39 PM
What I found hilarious about that cover is it looks like Trump is saving the little girl.

aussenseiter
01-17-2023, 12:10 AM
A wonder if the reason that so many of the migrants are dudes is the fact women don’t want to have to ride the coyote rape train all across Mexico

So funny imagining how many hundreds of single adult migrant dudes Time magazine had to skip past to get that perfect cover photo of a sad migrant child they could superimpose next to a scowling Trump for that hit propaganda cover

“Get these ugly migrant dudes out of the way. Do we have any sad migrant girl children?”

“Sir we have a girl here with no parents who got molested a bunch on the way here by cartel”

“Oh that’s perfect. Put her next to Trump so it looks like his fault. Fuck yea, clip it and ship it!”

Mexico is pretty good compared to the lower areas. They have roads and shit.

Down here they don't, so you need a woodsman (https://www.cfr.org/article/crossing-darien-gap-migrants-risk-death-journey-us)

aussenseiter
01-17-2023, 12:13 AM
I think it helps their asylum case if they go through there... so they do.

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 12:22 AM

Down here they don't, so you need a woodsman (https://www.cfr.org/article/crossing-darien-gap-migrants-risk-death-journey-us)

Ooh that piqued my interest. Dangerous how? Rainforest? Cliffs?

I’m getting excited thinking ooh shit I wanna hike that for funsies now

Then I saw “However, migrants face many challenges on this land journey northward, including treacherous terrain, exposure to disease, and violence at the hands of criminal groups”

Meh….pass then

aussenseiter
01-17-2023, 12:25 AM

Then I saw “However, migrants face many challenges on this land journey northward, including treacherous terrain, exposure to disease, and violence at the hands of criminal groups”

Meh….pass then

Yeah don't do that, you'll die.

Perverse incentives.

unsunghero
01-17-2023, 12:31 AM
Yeah don't do that, you'll die.

Perverse incentives.

Meh, if I wanted to die on a hike I’d try for the 8000m club

Extreme alpine hikes make that stuff look like a walk in the park. Organs shutting down in the deathzone, too poor of weather and you freeze, too good of weather and avalanche of melted snow buries you, too windy you get swept off a cliff and fall 1000+ ft to your death, making decisions on a brain that is increasingly inebriated from not getting enough oxygen

goblinmob
01-17-2023, 12:33 AM
lol just thought of this reading the last few posts
[EDIT] Even though I just realized the movie was set on the other side of the world

Kaveh
01-17-2023, 02:13 AM

I took mine out to beat them then took them back

But I’m from the desert (Texas) and such is our way

Encroaching Death
01-17-2023, 08:38 AM

Yep, which is funny when this happens. It's opposite day!

https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/mexico-city-residents-angered-by-influx-of-americans-speaking-english-gentrifying-area-report/

magnetaress
01-17-2023, 09:17 AM
Yep, which is funny when this happens. It's opposite day!

https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/mexico-city-residents-angered-by-influx-of-americans-speaking-english-gentrifying-area-report/

Colonialism.

The shots where already fired by the DEA CIA and Cartels long ago.

This is just the fallout.

Apophis 2029 3 something Friday the 13th

magnetaress
01-17-2023, 09:22 AM

Meh….pass then

Go well armed and pay some Mexican mercs to cover u.

Still 50/50

Tbf. It's their country. And if you're not related gtfo. You could always try to marry in :o

Ted Cruz probably is :o

Jobaber
01-17-2023, 01:36 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nI8Hq1P.png

Encroaching Death
01-17-2023, 01:46 PM
https://i.imgur.com/nI8Hq1P.png

I instantly thought "Hammer Woods?" because I'm functionally retarded.