PDA

View Full Version : How often does a Sword of Pain rot in Velks?

Encroaching Death
01-11-2023, 03:11 PM
How often does a Sword of Pain rot in Velks?

My future level 5 SK twink wants one

Andyman1022
01-11-2023, 03:12 PM
are u wanting for the clicky? theres a lot of tradable weapons that are as good if not better just without the clicky.

Ebon Mace
Noctivigant Blade
Shard of Knight

Etc

Encroaching Death
01-11-2023, 03:15 PM
I was looking for a free weapon, mostly.

Andyman1022
01-11-2023, 03:21 PM
lol, the with the pricing of cheaper items in EC, you basically get them for free anyways

Encroaching Death
01-11-2023, 03:25 PM
Shard of Night is 4k though

I could use that 4k in other places, if I can help it.

I know, I know...I could get by with the much cheaper Noctivigant Blade....but min/max, man...knowhatimasayin?

Noctivigant Blade probably looks cooler though...

Haxom
01-11-2023, 04:20 PM
Ldogs isn't usually camped unless someone is trying to get big K or waiting in line for BM. Occasionally, you'll see a guild exp party there like Misfits or something, but because it's not the easiest area to get in and out of you won't really find PUGs there on the regular spawning named and letting stuff rot.

Encroaching Death
01-11-2023, 04:21 PM
Ldogs isn't usually camped unless someone is trying to get big K or waiting in line for BM. Occasionally, you'll see a guild exp party there like Misfits or something, but because it's not the easiest area to get in and out of you won't really find PUGs there on the regular spawning named and letting stuff rot.

Thanks! Noctivigant Blade it is then.

DeathsSilkyMist
01-12-2023, 11:14 AM

Exactly. Sadly gone are the days where people were camping LDogs a lot. The sword normally does rot, but there just aren't a lot of people there these days.

Crede
01-12-2023, 11:20 AM
Noc blade ratio is trash. Get a reaver and avoid undead, but if you do need to kill undead then at least get an ebon mace.

Encroaching Death
01-12-2023, 11:25 AM
Noc blade ratio is trash. Get a reaver and avoid undead, but if you do need to kill undead then at least get an ebon mace.

I'll probably get a Reaver when damage cap lifts. I'm still like level 3.

magnetaress
01-12-2023, 11:28 AM
definately go with the coolest looking one

Encroaching Death
01-12-2023, 11:34 AM
definately go with the coolest looking one

I thought the Noctivigant Blade looked like this, but nope, it looks dumb:

https://wiki.project1999.com/images/thumb/Item_soulleech.png/350px-Item_soulleech.png

What does Shard of Night look like? Is it just a boring dagger graphic?

magnetaress
01-12-2023, 11:50 AM
that is Dark Reaver

definately the best SK weapon IMO

Encroaching Death
01-12-2023, 12:05 PM
that is Dark Reaver

Isn't there a 1 hand slash that looks like that though?

Wait...is it the "evil" version of Ghoulbane? Oh nvm (https://wiki.project1999.com/Corrupted_Ghoulbane)

Crede
01-12-2023, 12:33 PM
Isn't there a 1 hand slash that looks like that though?

Wait...is it the "evil" version of Ghoulbane? Oh nvm (https://wiki.project1999.com/Corrupted_Ghoulbane)

Sword of pain looks like the dark reaver when equipped.

Barlu
01-12-2023, 12:49 PM
This sword very rarely rots although it did happen the other night. If you are able to get him to spawn he is rough to solo as an enchanter. He dispels a lot and complete heals and since he’s lvl 58 can’t he stunned. You either need to mana seive or rapture when he starts to CH or both. It’s probably not worth waiting around for imo unless you have friends that you want to do lower dogs for exp with.

Toxigen
01-12-2023, 01:15 PM
id go for Doljonijiarnimorinar just for the name and being able to link it

Encroaching Death
01-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Anyone know what Shard of Night looks like?

Kolthek
01-12-2023, 03:03 PM
A plain rusty dagger that a level 1 decaying skeleton would drop. Pretty much the dumbest looking weapon for a sk.

Encroaching Death
01-12-2023, 03:17 PM
A plain rusty dagger that a level 1 decaying skeleton would drop. Pretty much the dumbest looking weapon for a sk.

Thanks! Not buying it then

DeathsSilkyMist
01-12-2023, 04:14 PM

Yup. It is a very tragic item. Great ratio for a droppable weapon (and affordable), but terrible to look at.

Danth
01-12-2023, 04:33 PM
I dislike Eye of the Rigtorgn even more than Shard of Night. At least a dagger is a weapon and kind of tolerable if perceived as a back-up weapon to a main 2H. Wouldn't want one as a primary or my only weapon though! The Eye looks like the player's trying to beat things to death with a glowing sno-cone. Yuck!

If you want a normal European-style sword graphic, you want Sword of Pain, Massive Dragonclaw Shard, or a forged/exquisite/etc Velium Claidhmore. Even Reaver looks kind of funky. Mace of the Shadowed Soul uses the old world morning star graphic, while I believe Ebon Mace uses the mace graphic. They're both alright for blunt weapons.

Danth

Snaggles
01-12-2023, 07:17 PM
All 1h’s are marginal compared to quality 2h’s these days, so far as dps.

I’d get an ebon mace for 1k or a noc for 600. Shard of night is expensive, hard to sell, and looks weird. Best thing is leveling up piercing so you can use a carved dragonbone, velium lance, or Narandi without having to grind it up.

Lower dogs group pull that mob all the time. The pally sword is a bit deeper in. It’s still a pain to get a lowbie there and get it back out in one piece.

magnetaress
01-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Shiny brass halberd wud b the most technically superior battlefield weapon of war tho.

V pokey. Longer reach than a sword. Good in numbers vs calvary. Maybe u want a hammer for the knights in armor.

Noc blade Good for culling peasants tho.

TheBlob
01-12-2023, 10:16 PM

Why do you say "avoid undead"?

Trexller
01-13-2023, 12:05 AM
run your level 5 sk to velks, camp him out at the drop down then, form up a group to camp L dogs?

ench and cleric can duo it, or take a full 6 man group down for some ice dungeon crawl nostalgia. make it all about just the fun of playing the game.

iirc sword of pain isn't a rare drop, and gregendek icepaw is easy to get to.

you'll get a sword of pain ez pz

Encroaching Death
01-13-2023, 12:08 PM
Why do you say "avoid undead"?

Reaver isn't a Magic item.

Jimjam
01-13-2023, 12:35 PM
Yup. It is a very tragic item. Great ratio for a droppable weapon (and affordable), but terrible to look at.

Synergises well with druids an enchanters (wolf forms).

Jimjam
01-13-2023, 01:22 PM
All 1h’s are marginal compared to quality 2h’s these days, so far as dps.

I’d get an ebon mace for 1k or a noc for 600. Shard of night is expensive, hard to sell, and looks weird. Best thing is leveling up piercing so you can use a carved dragonbone, velium lance, or Narandi without having to grind it up.

Lower dogs group pull that mob all the time. The pally sword is a bit deeper in. It’s still a pain to get a lowbie there and get it back out in one piece.

Easiest way out is in a coffin (well, corpse drag thru walls).

Infectious
01-13-2023, 01:30 PM
Easiest way out is in a coffin (well, corpse drag thru walls).

WC cap right out.

Jimjam
01-13-2023, 01:49 PM
WC cap right out.

🤦*♀️ d’oh

magnetaress
01-13-2023, 02:06 PM

https://i.imgur.com/tl6zxk2.png

All I see are pros

great value

great proc

easy to source

everything is perfect about this weapon )))

Encroaching Death
01-13-2023, 03:08 PM

All I see are pros

great value

great proc

easy to source

everything is perfect about this weapon )))

Just 'Reaver', not 'A Dark Reaver'.

magnetaress
01-13-2023, 03:09 PM
A Dark Reaver has more letters in the name it is clearly the better weapon.

Encroaching Death
01-13-2023, 03:24 PM
A Dark Reaver has more letters in the name it is clearly the better weapon.

That's a good point, actually

TheBlob
01-13-2023, 07:11 PM

Thanks for the answer :)

I must admit, I assumed all weapons except Rusty, Tarnished, No Name (Long Sword, etc.) and Fine Steel were magic, especially named ones. I see there is at least one important exception.

Trelaboon
01-13-2023, 07:33 PM
I’d be down to run a lower dogs group just for a change of scenery. Hardest part is finding the people

Jobaber
01-13-2023, 08:43 PM
that is Dark Reaver

Canadian Soulfire.

Trexller
01-13-2023, 11:16 PM

https://wiki.project1999.com/Reaver

Also, Reaver is a magic item on TAKP.

https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=25204

Also, Reaver costs like 500-1k on TAKP, and even at 65 it still gets work done.

Encroaching Death
01-13-2023, 11:35 PM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Reaver

Also, Reaver is a magic item on TAKP.

https://www.takproject.net/allaclone/item.php?id=25204

Also, Reaver costs like 500-1k on TAKP, and even at 65 it still gets work done.

TAKP is Live, right? Or another emu server?

Trexller
01-14-2023, 12:09 AM
TAKP is Live, right? Or another emu server?

its an emu, and it uses the original client from the live Mac server. it's a 3 box server, so some of you who require in-game social validation are going to stop reading after 3 box.

it's by a wide margain the most accurate client/emu server. it's classic, kunark, velious, luclin and PoP.

none of the other bullshit xpacs in between like GoD, LoY or LDoN exist.

It's a museum server. here and there are things that might seem "wrong", but that's because its how things were on the EQMac server which barely ever got updates, and was largely ignored by Verant/SoE until it got shut down.

rumor is that someone walked out of verant with that client on a disc, so everything is alot more accurate to "classic" than P99, like channeling, melee mechanics, mob pathing, mob spawn rate etc etc.

most of all gear is dirt cheap, 2k RBG, 5k CoF, 2k Hiero, 15-20k fungi. alot of players give away gear at PoK Bank, as well as endless MGB buffing.

All raid targets are on a rotation, because the guilds are run by actual grown ups who cooperate, here's an example. every 2 weeks the server resets all raid targets.

Encroaching Death
01-14-2023, 12:15 AM
its an emu, and it uses the original client from the live Mac server.

it's by a wide margain the most accurate client/emu server. it's classic, kunark, velious, luclin and PoP.

none of the other bullshit xpacs in between like GoD, LoY or LDoN exist.

It's a museum server. here and there are things that might seem "wrong", but that's because its how things were on the EQMac server which barely ever got updates, and was largely ignored by Verant/SoE until it got shut down.

rumor is that someone walked out of verant with that client on a disc, so everything is alot more accurate to "classic" than P99, like channeling, melee mechanics, mob pathing, mob spawn rate etc etc.

I never got the chance to play the expansions past Velious. I might have to check that out one day