PDA

View Full Version : What's the best chair you've sat in?

Knuckle
01-07-2023, 08:31 PM
Just curious what elf sim asses sit on to immerse for long gaming sessions.

Chortles Snortles
01-07-2023, 08:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/8wv9K.jpeg

Ennewi
01-07-2023, 09:24 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_chair (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_chair#:~:text=The%20large%20hole%20at%20the,a fter%20the%20person%20was%20released.)

https://i.imgur.com/hYHsrhp.jpg

Helps with staying fully immersed, awake at keyboard for nat respawns/quakes.

Swish
01-07-2023, 10:23 PM
I was waiting to get into do some maintenance in a big London office building years ago and the reception area had these really comfy leather chairs. Like seriously, I didn't want to move again ever.

That was 24-25 years ago, still haven't found a comfier chair.

Jobaber
01-07-2023, 10:34 PM
what percentage of men go no. 1 reading a smart device

Lune
01-08-2023, 09:55 AM
Honestly at this point I'm in a recliner haphazardly pulled up to a desk, with pillows under my elbows for ergonomics, sleeping cat on top of pillows 80% of the time. The ironic thing is I'm literally a physical therapist and 100% know recliners are a death trap but I'm on my feet all day fondling grannies and you can't compete with these levels of comfy.

I'm basically in a modified reverse trendelenburg position with eyes perfectly level at monitor tho so the only thing it's killing is my heart, not my body. I'm a very tall man and all but the tallest of office chairs have always been bad on my neck.

PS be skeptical of any chair that claims to be ergonomic. If it's not customized or customizable for your body and setup, it's not truly ergonomic for you unless the stars align.

goblinmob
01-08-2023, 10:06 AM
lol
I'm currently using an old swivel/rocker abomination from who knows what era with the legs dismantled cuz they broke from excessive use (not that kind) next to a milk crate. It's honestly not that bad.

I noticed nobody with an RGB lit desk and a gamer chair (with USB dock and speakers up by the ears) has showcased their setup yet..

mcoy
01-08-2023, 10:53 AM
My dad bought a la-z-boy in the early 90's that I held on to until about 2012. That ugly greenish monstrosity was by far the most comfortable chair I've ever sat in. I finally junked it because the pleather had degraded so badly you'd be covered in fuzz if you even walked near it.

I took that chair to college and it saw me through Velious, Luclin, PoP, LoY, and part of LDoN - that expansion was the last for me in live.

I should look into buying myself one...

-Mcoy

magnetaress
01-08-2023, 12:03 PM
Mine was in a car honestly it was my white 1981 BMW.

Such a fucking great car.

Encroaching Death
01-08-2023, 01:26 PM
https://i.ibb.co/bRSnKxk/images-2.jpg

Knuckle
01-08-2023, 01:59 PM
I got some kind of gamer chair knock off brand like 3 years ago and while its surprisingly sturdy and the foam has held up, its clearly designed for a man that weights 160lbs and is 5'8 on the other side of the pacific. My nuts get squeezed by my legs because of the raised edges of the chair and I've kind of grown to despise it despite never really making me fatigued or sore for long work and everquest marathons. So I figured I'd take one idea from each of these posts and make my own chair. So far it's a spiked toilet seat with leather straps and a seatbelt.

goblinmob
01-08-2023, 02:10 PM
Take a leap of faith and go to your nearest Goodwill, buy the ugliest chair you see. Chances are strong that it will be the best chair you could find and will serve you faithfully for years to come

Malk
01-08-2023, 02:43 PM
Like anyone who takes care of his butt : HermanMiller Aeron (bought second hand, for not much more than a new SecretLab gaming chair)

Ooloo
01-08-2023, 02:58 PM
I sit in a hardwood dining room chair with no cushion on it, like a real man.

unsunghero
01-09-2023, 10:52 PM
Mine

I like to be able to get a core workout in

goblinmob
01-09-2023, 11:04 PM
https://i.ibb.co/bRSnKxk/images-2.jpg

This shoulda been the promo for Deadpool II - legs for the 2..

goblinmob
01-09-2023, 11:05 PM
Mine

I like to be able to get a core workout in

Maybe if you wanna core an apple lol

hobart
01-09-2023, 11:17 PM
I have an old Eames chair in my office from the 70s.

Jobaber
01-09-2023, 11:20 PM
This one at the principals office, that time after I told mrs cornsbey to shove it up her ass.

https://i.imgur.com/LtLQ7jZ.png

Homesteaded
01-10-2023, 02:04 AM
I have a Herman Miller. Worth every penny.

aussenseiter
01-10-2023, 02:26 AM
I like costco chair

Toxigen
01-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Honestly at this point I'm in a recliner haphazardly pulled up to a desk, with pillows under my elbows for ergonomics, sleeping cat on top of pillows 80% of the time.

it all makes sense now

also:

https://i.imgur.com/y41JkN8.jpg

Encroaching Death
01-10-2023, 03:08 PM
it all makes sense now

goblinmob
01-10-2023, 03:33 PM
In extreme cases, the insulin and mountain dew dispensers are interchangeable.

unsunghero
01-10-2023, 03:56 PM
Putting pillows under your armrests is fucking smart

I pushed my ulnar nerve out of socket playing this stupid ass game and had to get fucking surgery for the first time in my life over goddamn EverQuest

Of course I apparently had a genetic pre-disposition to having my nerve come out of it’s bone groove and apparently getting bigger arms from lifting played a role as well according to the elbow doctor who did the surgery

But still. Put pillows under your elbows or have good padding. Don’t be a dumbass like me

Lune
01-10-2023, 04:28 PM
Putting pillows under your armrests is fucking smart

I pushed my ulnar nerve out of socket playing this stupid ass game and had to get fucking surgery for the first time in my life over goddamn EverQuest

Of course I apparently had a genetic pre-disposition to having my nerve come out of it’s bone groove and apparently getting bigger arms from lifting played a role as well according to the elbow doctor who did the surgery

But still. Put pillows under your elbows or have good padding. Don’t be a dumbass like me

I'll also add that bench press in particular is rough on the cubital tunnel esp. in those who are anatomically susceptible. Careful with that shit as it can re-entrap and you don't want to have to get a revision.

unsunghero
01-10-2023, 04:32 PM
I'll also add that bench press in particular is rough on the cubital tunnel esp. in those who are anatomically susceptible. Careful with that shit as it can re-entrap and you don't want to have to get a revision.

Me: “Finally got p99 running, wow this game is so fun and nostalgic! I think I’ll play for 6 hour stretches this weekend, let’s get grinding!”

Me: “Wooo, level 8 here I come!”

Me: “Why does my left hand keep tingling. Ah well, probably just a blood flow issue, just need to shake it out and keep grinding”

Me: “Level 10 here I come!”

Me: “Hmm my left pointer finger doesn’t work. And my left hand is constant pins and needles. This is weird…”

[months later…]

Toxigen
01-10-2023, 05:05 PM

You would be the person telling people to be weary of bench press.

holy fucking shit

aussenseiter
01-10-2023, 05:27 PM

holy fucking shit

You're doing it wrong if exercise doesn't make you weary.

Encroaching Death
01-10-2023, 05:53 PM
Me: “Finally got p99 running, wow this game is so fun and nostalgic! I think I’ll play for 6 hour stretches this weekend, let’s get grinding!”

Me: “Wooo, level 8 here I come!”

Me: “Why does my left hand keep tingling. Ah well, probably just a blood flow issue, just need to shake it out and keep grinding”

Me: “Level 10 here I come!”

Me: “Hmm my left pointer finger doesn’t work. And my left hand is constant pins and needles. This is weird…”

[months later…]

Worth it.

Lune
01-10-2023, 06:55 PM

holy fucking shit

I was telling someone with a history of cubital tunnel issues to be careful with bench press.

If imagining me as fat helps you sleep at night, be my guest. I literally exercise with people for a living.

unsunghero
01-10-2023, 10:42 PM
Worth it.

Lol

But not really, my enchanter still sucks compared to most his level on the server. Had I gone all in on P99 and become best in slot then maybe woulda been worth the $28k-ish surgery ;)

Jobaber
01-10-2023, 11:47 PM
wtf happened?? Did a train come through your monitor?

unsunghero
01-11-2023, 02:21 AM
wtf happened?? Did a train come through your monitor?

No the hard armrest of my old shitty chair pushed my ulnar nerve out of the bone groove it was supposed to sit in during a gaming marathon

When I found out I told the elbow doctor “well push it back! Or show me how to, I’ll do it”. And he’s like “no you idiot gamer loser, you need surgery” (a bit embellished)

He also tossed in a carpal tunnel surgery on the wrist same day special…because apparently I had a bit of that from my WoW rank 14 grind of 10-12 hr gaming sessions/day :/

unsunghero
01-11-2023, 02:30 AM
^
But gaming was too embarrassing a reason, so the reason I told people was that the nerve popped out during an angry masturbation marathon to the Human Centipede movie on repeat

Crepido
01-11-2023, 02:41 AM
I had some issues with elbow and forearms because of the hardwood desk i used and it being too small basically + a bad chair and angle my arm had using the mouse.
gaming chairs are also built for rather short people from my experience, can barely have a 90° angle on my leggs at highest setting, switched back to an expensive office chair style but that's built for people over 6'4''.

It's nice never having to use a ladder to reach top shelves or roof windows, but everyday objects are built for short people tbh.

Crepido
01-11-2023, 02:50 AM
Oh it's also somewhat funny how some body features NO ONE can influence, like height, breast size, hair growth are treated so differently ? Like always getting the same jokes, hey, what's the air like up there ? OMG dude, how tall are you ? kids come come, look at this tower of a man !
Yeah thanks, i did exactly nothing to grow this high, it's not an accomplishment...you wouldn't go to a woman with huge titts and be like holy moly ! those are some huge ass tits ! how heavy are they ? kids come here ! look at these things !

Oh dang dude, that's some wicked skincap on your head, sure took a lot of effort to stop your hair from growing !

Just some food for thought. perfectly ok to shit on fat bastards imo. it's a lifestyle choice. you can't decide how tall you get, or short, or if your hair falls out of your titts get huge or not. and becoming obese to your juggs get a little bit bigger is not the solution...

aussenseiter
01-11-2023, 02:59 AM
Oh it's also somewhat funny how some body features NO ONE can influence, like height, breast size, hair growth are treated so differently ? Like always getting the same jokes, hey, what's the air like up there ? OMG dude, how tall are you ? kids come come, look at this tower of a man !
Yeah thanks, i did exactly nothing to grow this high, it's not an accomplishment...you wouldn't go to a woman with huge titts and be like holy moly ! those are some huge ass tits ! how heavy are they ? kids come here ! look at these things !

Oh dang dude, that's some wicked skincap on your head, sure took a lot of effort to stop your hair from growing !

Just some food for thought. perfectly ok to shit on fat bastards imo. it's a lifestyle choice. you can't decide how tall you get, or short, or if your hair falls out of your titts get huge or not. and becoming obese to your juggs get a little bit bigger is not the solution...

Sir this is a furniture store

Crepido
01-11-2023, 03:02 AM
Sir this is a furniture store

You are right, my apologies. Please don't report me to the authorites for trolling.

Jobaber
01-11-2023, 05:10 AM
No the hard armrest of my old shitty chair pushed my ulnar nerve out of the bone groove it was supposed to sit in during a gaming marathon

When I found out I told the elbow doctor “well push it back! Or show me how to, I’ll do it”. And he’s like “no you idiot gamer loser, you need surgery” (a bit embellished)

He also tossed in a carpal tunnel surgery on the wrist same day special…because apparently I had a bit of that from my WoW rank 14 grind of 10-12 hr gaming sessions/day :/

bgBKEr5BYbw

MrSparkle001
01-11-2023, 09:41 AM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/597/570/08e.jpg

Knuckle
01-11-2023, 10:14 AM
Now we’re getting somewhere! The extra support I need!