PDA

View Full Version : Atheism vs Play Nice

Gugg
01-06-2023, 08:48 PM
Atheism

Atheist: "Hi....let me explain some facts to you: anybody who believes in a supreme being is a moron because there's no such thing...duh...clever peple know chaos is king and that our lives are ruled by chance...so everything is subjective...and there's no such thing as 'normal'...therefore you can be whatever you want to be...it's the law of the jungle down here...survival of the fittest...creation is a myth...nothing is planned...the only thing guaranteed in life is death...we're no different to animals...trust me...I'm an atheist...I'm scientific...I'm factual...got it? Now go live your life how you're meant to live it...in a random and chaotic manner...just like I do..and be proud of yourself while you do it!"

Play Nice

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player stole my mob"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player scammed me"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player is spamming the chat channel"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player is speed hacking"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player is selling in-game items for real money"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player nijna looted the item I won in a roll"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player trained me"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player stole my camp"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player called me the n word"

Atheist: "dear gamemaster god, a player told me there's no such thing as atheism and that I'm either deluded or just pretending to be an atheist"

misterbonkers
01-06-2023, 08:52 PM
gugg do drugg? :confused:

PRogers
01-06-2023, 08:52 PM
How did you make it so angry?

Encroaching Death
01-06-2023, 08:58 PM
Fun Fact: On Reddit, their rules allow you to use bigoted insults against white men or Christians because they consider them a "majority audience" and therefore, not protected by rules.

Even the Reddit users had a problem with this and they're super woke.

Anyway, have a good one :)

Jobaber
01-06-2023, 09:01 PM
Also the universe is a great big nintendo.

aussenseiter
01-06-2023, 09:10 PM
Also the universe is a great big nintendo.

True, the computer should only be used as an entertainment device.

Gugg
01-06-2023, 09:31 PM
Fun Fact: On Reddit, their rules allow you to use bigoted insults against white men or Christians because they consider them a "majority audience" and therefore, not protected by rules.

When I can buy the things I want in life with reddit karma I'll start taking reddit seriously.

Jobaber
01-06-2023, 10:40 PM
True, the computer should only be used as an entertainment device.

The universe is written by a giant chat bot.

4cJcCu1h1hY

aussenseiter
01-06-2023, 10:41 PM
95 Luftballons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninety-five_Theses)

ATHEISM

magnetaress
01-07-2023, 01:02 AM
Being an aethiest without a big book of ethics and a humanitarian code guiding your principles is a dumb dumb move.

Fact is the 10 commandments cover everything and worshiping government over G-d is just a fast way to hell.

Man is ultimately too flawed and corrupt to govern himself and without a host of angels and devils watching over us and left to our own devices we are completely doomed. The at best for an aethiest then would be to create G-d and then Satan. Hopefully this helps or makes some sense. :o

long.liam
01-07-2023, 02:26 AM
That wall of Red hurts my eyes. Also, TLDR.

PRogers
01-07-2023, 08:12 AM
Game masters are real.

Gods are imaginary.

Encroaching Death
01-07-2023, 08:50 AM
Game masters are real.

Gods are imaginary.

https://media.tenor.com/317qh6mXVe4AAAAC/fedora.gif

Lune
01-07-2023, 10:09 AM
No atheist should be walking around with conviction that they are right. Atheism is a belief with the same exact amount of evidence as theism, so epistemologically it's just as much of a joke. Beliefs like that are okay to have but not okay to force on other people.

However the GM-God connection is pretty braindead.

Encroaching Death
01-07-2023, 10:13 AM
No atheist should be walking around with conviction that they are right. Atheism is a belief with the same exact amount of evidence as theism, so epistemologically it's just as much of a joke. Beliefs like that are okay to have but not okay to force on other people.

However the GM-God connection is pretty braindead.

Smug atheists are a million times worse than fire and brimstone evangelical Facebook Karens.

unsunghero
01-07-2023, 11:57 AM

Christianity is the only religion that is socially acceptable to mock

The real question is, will this go away if Christians became a super minority?

The answer is no, leftist atheists would have literally no other religion they could mock and also they cannot function without thinking themselves at the bottom of a some social oppression structure

Gotta be the hero of your own story kinda thing

Gugg
01-07-2023, 02:17 PM
Atheism is a belief with the same exact amount of evidence as theism, so epistemologically it's just as much of a joke.

There's more evidence for the existence of God than there is evidence for the non-existence of God.

Evidence for the existence of God*: you, and everything around you

Evidence for the non-existence of God:

The problem with atheism is that it's got a peverse definition of who and what God is and so does religion so you are right that religion and atheism are one and the same because they both promote death thus distort the image of God.

In EQ and WoW, Game masters are the messengers of God.

* Lead designer, architect, creator, administrator, founder, pioneer, inventor

Chortles Snortles
01-07-2023, 02:18 PM
got em

Snaggles
01-07-2023, 02:22 PM
Manifestos are really just creative writing projects with extra passion.

Encroaching Death
01-07-2023, 02:30 PM
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/2a/ef/80/2aef80746d4ad99a4d1fca569dcaff25.png

Gugg
01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
There's two types of people,

- Kings
- King of Kings

You will know which king is which by the number of wives each king has.

Jobaber
01-07-2023, 03:32 PM
tK7aDr-HgPA

aussenseiter
01-07-2023, 04:02 PM
There's two types of people,

- Kings
- King of Kings

You will know which king is which by the number of wives each king has.

noice

PRogers
01-07-2023, 04:32 PM
Tomato man made everything.

The evidence is right infront of you.

Ketchup. Tomato farms, all are signs of him. Tomato man.

The only evidence for a god is whatever you say it is.

How come the rest of the animal kingdom does not worship gods? There is no god of the lions or elephants they all pray to.

Just the one animal that knows how to lie.

PRogers
01-07-2023, 04:35 PM
Charmander is the god of the dragons.

GinnasP99
01-07-2023, 04:58 PM
Of ourselves we know nothing, and of ourselves we can do nothing.
Peace and blessings.

aussenseiter
01-07-2023, 05:06 PM
Tomato man made everything.

The evidence is right infront of you.

Ketchup. Tomato farms, all are signs of him. Tomato man.

The only evidence for a god is whatever you say it is.

How come the rest of the animal kingdom does not worship gods? There is no god of the lions or elephants they all pray to.

Just the one animal that knows how to lie.

Shall we be as vulgar as the beasts?

Shall man be just as cruel as nature?

PRogers
01-07-2023, 05:20 PM
Man is not cruel?

Never seen a jihad in the name of secularism.

Religion is just one tribes way of keeping its members.

Its 11th century thinking.

Lune
01-07-2023, 06:56 PM

What is 'The Cultural Revolution' for $100, Alex

There's more evidence for the existence of God than there is evidence for the non-existence of God.

Evidence for the existence of God*: you, and everything around you

Evidence for the non-existence of God:

The problem with atheism is that it's got a peverse definition of who and what God is and so does religion so you are right that religion and atheism are one and the same because they both promote death thus distort the image of God.

In EQ and WoW, Game masters are the messengers of God.

* Lead designer, architect, creator, administrator, founder, pioneer, inventor

lol

patrick210
01-07-2023, 07:15 PM
Religion's are different path ways to God if followed properly , comprehending our existence to sooth your mind and soul.

Are they for everyone ? no , and neither is heaven. Which can be interpreted as a mind state rather than a physical place.

Most people just don't want the accountability for their actions and thoughts, and the responsibility for their role on this planet. Influence is the greatest power. Shame and ego can keep people from this also. It can be scary for most once the truth is seen.

You can be intellectually lazy and a coward, aka athiest. But that's your choice and is ok, just realize when you "do what you want" that means others can "do what they want" to you, so don't complain.

If you don't know the answers , you haven't asked the right questions. Finding nirvana is reserved for those who have done and continue to do the work.

God Bless :)

Jobaber
01-07-2023, 07:29 PM
Atheist's in 2027.

"OHhhhhh so it was aliens! Ok everything was true. Now let me explain to your feeble brain why."

Lune
01-07-2023, 07:33 PM
You can be intellectually lazy and a coward, aka athiest.

Aren't you just God's golden child lol

I'm glad you feel a responsibility to do good on this Earth, yet interpret good as disparaging an entire class of perfectly fine people who just happen to disagree with your beliefs. Yea, I bet you're a great person, carrying around that much hate. Atheists are cowards, yet they get through life without depending on religion to "soothe their mind and soul". Who is the real coward? They rejected God in a society that overwhelmingly accepts God, and tries to condition them to accept God. Who is really intellectually lazy?

I'm not exactly an atheist, more agnostic, but we all have accountability for our thoughts and actions in this life. Jesus' (really actually Greek cynics') golden rule is inherent in nature, if you have the wisdom to see it. The thing is, people who are truly good, are good because that's who they are or what they choose to be, not because they're afraid God is going to put them in spooky jail when they die.

Freedom vs. license and all that.

hobart
01-07-2023, 07:54 PM
anybody who believes in a supreme being is a moron because there's no such thing...duh...

aussenseiter
01-07-2023, 07:56 PM
Aren't you just God's golden child lol

I'm glad you feel a responsibility to do good on this Earth, yet interpret good as disparaging an entire class of perfectly fine people who just happen to disagree with your beliefs. Yea, I bet you're a great person, carrying around that much hate. Atheists are cowards, yet they get through life without depending on religion to "soothe their mind and soul". Who is the real coward? They rejected God in a society that overwhelmingly accepts God, and tries to condition them to accept God. Who is really intellectually lazy?

I'm not exactly an atheist, more agnostic, but we all have accountability for our thoughts and actions in this life. Jesus' (really actually Greek cynics') golden rule is inherent in nature, if you have the wisdom to see it. The thing is, people who are truly good, are good because that's who they are or what they choose to be, not because they're afraid God is going to put them in spooky jail when they die.

Freedom vs. license and all that.

Error non habet ius 🙃

Lune
01-07-2023, 08:00 PM
Error non habet ius ��

A truly evil phrase, from a truly evil ideology-- medieval catholic type shit.

aussenseiter
01-07-2023, 08:08 PM

Demon cracker Protestant world

Jobaber
01-07-2023, 08:19 PM

P3mSvbeoGLc

:p

unsunghero
01-07-2023, 08:23 PM
“anybody who believes in a supreme being is a moron because there's no such thing...duh...”

I dunno, considering the infiniteness and vastness of space there is a decent chance another species not only existed but happened to evolve in a way over the last 10 billion-ish years that would make them seem like supreme beings to us. And the only reason we have no evidence of that is they either saw us as too insignificant or did not notice us as all

Technology would look a lot like magic sky fairies to those who don’t understand it, including us

Not saying God is aliens though, but saying I’m SURE there’s no supreme being that can create life out of nothing (or what we perceive as nothing) seems like a really courageous thought

PRogers
01-07-2023, 08:52 PM
What is 'The Cultural Revolution' for $100, Alex

lol

They slaughtered entire populations of cities and persecuted those they disagreed with by killing them?

When?

PRogers
01-07-2023, 08:55 PM
I dont know.

I definitely dont believe anyone who says they do.

Jobaber
01-08-2023, 01:30 AM
Athiests be like "Christianity has killed millions!" and then be like

https://i.imgur.com/uMzSJt9.png

Lune
01-08-2023, 09:45 AM
They slaughtered entire populations of cities and persecuted those they disagreed with by killing them?

When?

... in the Chinese Cultural Revolution. 1966-1976

Read about it. They persecuted all religions (among other groups) in favor of state atheism, millions died, far more than in the Thirty Years War in Europe, the Spanish Inquisition, or the Crusades. It continues today in a softer form with the Uyghurs.

Lune
01-08-2023, 09:52 AM
Atheists entering this thread be like

https://i.imgur.com/brVAzm6.jpg

magnetaress
01-08-2023, 12:27 PM
P3mSvbeoGLc

:p

this is cool butt still very plebe compared to Astara / Astana / Nur Sultan wherever

Encroaching Death
01-08-2023, 01:17 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/L6k-_a5Q5KU/maxresdefault.jpg

Encroaching Death
01-08-2023, 01:20 PM
https://i.ibb.co/GPqSCbs/Chokh-Lsm4-Wi-x744gx-d0qp4-N-y-Ws-5ve-Lof-Qm-Hp-Wl0.png

Encroaching Death
01-08-2023, 01:21 PM
https://i.ibb.co/ypyvk8Q/1527183013447.png

Encroaching Death
01-08-2023, 01:22 PM
https://i.ibb.co/gT2yVvP/9k.png

Lune
01-08-2023, 02:23 PM
ffs just make 1 post and troll / shit up a thread efficiently

https://i.imgur.com/aQUFmJh.jpg

aussenseiter
01-08-2023, 02:42 PM
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/L6k-_a5Q5KU/maxresdefault.jpg

Atheism is a type of Lutherism

PRogers
01-08-2023, 03:14 PM
... in the Chinese Cultural Revolution. 1966-1976

Read about it. They persecuted all religions (among other groups) in favor of state atheism, millions died, far more than in the Thirty Years War in Europe, the Spanish Inquisition, or the Crusades. It continues today in a softer form with the Uyghurs.

Not the same thing. You're say politics is a religion. You're saying if they kill someone, they did it because of "atheism"? Not because they state wanted you to die then sent someone to kill you.

I dont believe they went around killing millions of people saying "non-divine punishment" or "im killing you in the name of atheism.".

If it has an ideology, like kill all believers, its not atheism. That is something entirely different and totally insane.

Ooloo
01-08-2023, 04:17 PM
Human nature seems to have an inherent need for religious thinking, no matter how much a particular human might claim otherwise. When you remove religion, something religion-shaped will fill the void and there's no guarantee it will be something good much less something better.

Jobaber
01-08-2023, 08:27 PM
Trust the science.

I mean Vatican.

magnetaress
01-08-2023, 08:57 PM
People get confused. They misunderstand the religion to be the absolute truth. Rather than the path. A path.

aussenseiter
01-08-2023, 09:05 PM
People get confused. They misunderstand the religion to be the absolute truth. Rather than the path. A path.

13. Now We consider another abundant source of the evils with which the Church is afflicted at present: indifferentism. This perverse opinion is spread on all sides by the fraud of the wicked who claim that it is possible to obtain the eternal salvation of the soul by the profession of any kind of religion, as long as morality is maintained. Surely, in so clear a matter, you will drive this deadly error far from the people committed to your care. With the admonition of the apostle that “there is one God, one faith, one baptism”[16] may those fear who contrive the notion that the safe harbor of salvation is open to persons of any religion whatever. They should consider the testimony of Christ Himself that “those who are not with Christ are against Him,”[17] and that they disperse unhappily who do not gather with Him. Therefore “without a doubt, they will perish forever, unless they hold the Catholic faith whole and inviolate.”[18] Let them hear Jerome who, while the Church was torn into three parts by schism, tells us that whenever someone tried to persuade him to join his group he always exclaimed: “He who is for the See of Peter is for me.”[19] A schismatic flatters himself falsely if he asserts that he, too, has been washed in the waters of regeneration. Indeed Augustine would reply to such a man: “The branch has the same form when it has been cut off from the vine; but of what profit for it is the form, if it does not live from the root?”[20]

This perverse opinion is spread on all sides by the fraud of the wicked who claim that it is possible to obtain the eternal salvation of the soul by the profession of any kind of religion, as long as morality is maintained.

14. This shameful font of indifferentism gives rise to that absurd and erroneous proposition which claims that liberty of conscience must be maintained for everyone. It spreads ruin in sacred and civil affairs, though some repeat over and over again with the greatest impudence that some advantage accrues to religion from it. “But the death of the soul is worse than freedom of error,” as Augustine was wont to say.[21] When all restraints are removed by which men are kept on the narrow path of truth, their nature, which is already inclined to evil, propels them to ruin. Then truly “the bottomless pit”[22] is open from which John saw smoke ascending which obscured the sun, and out of which locusts flew forth to devastate the earth. Thence comes transformation of minds, corruption of youths, contempt of sacred things and holy laws — in other words, a pestilence more deadly to the state than any other. Experience shows, even from earliest times, that cities renowned for wealth, dominion, and glory perished as a result of this single evil, namely immoderate freedom of opinion, license of free speech, and desire for novelty.

Thence comes transformation of minds, corruption of youths, contempt of sacred things and holy laws — in other words, a pestilence more deadly to the state than any other. Experience shows, even from earliest times, that cities renowned for wealth, dominion, and glory perished as a result of this single evil, namely immoderate freedom of opinion, license of free speech, and desire for novelty.

Jobaber
01-08-2023, 09:26 PM
_5PLf-2FYIM

Lune
01-09-2023, 08:12 AM
Not the same thing. You're say politics is a religion. You're saying if they kill someone, they did it because of "atheism"? Not because they state wanted you to die then sent someone to kill you.

I dont believe they went around killing millions of people saying "non-divine punishment" or "im killing you in the name of atheism.".

If it has an ideology, like kill all believers, its not atheism. That is something entirely different and totally insane.

I see what you're saying but it's just semantics at this point. You said:

The cultural revolution was a jihad in the name of a secular ideology, literally attacking all religions, the intelligentsia, capitalists, bourgeoisie, etc, to impose a non-religious (secular) ideology. They had a clearly defined position of state atheism, which they maintain to this day.

It was as close to an atheist jihad as the Catholic crusades were to actual crusades, rather than political adventurism by noble second sons for land, title, wealth, and glory.

Lune
01-09-2023, 08:17 AM
Human nature seems to have an inherent need for religious thinking, no matter how much a particular human might claim otherwise. When you remove religion, something religion-shaped will fill the void and there's no guarantee it will be something good much less something better.

Our prefrontal cortexes are hard-wired with abstract, symbolic constructions of laws, culture, behavior, philosophy, etc, by the time we reach adulthood. In some people, those are religious laws/behaviors (culture), and in others, it's a culture stemming from a more secular philosophy.

So I think the more accurate statement would be: Human nature seems to have an inherent need for lawful or systematic thinking in line with their learned culture.

magnetaress
01-09-2023, 09:38 AM
This perverse opinion is spread on all sides by the fraud of the wicked who claim that it is possible to obtain the eternal salvation of the soul by the profession of any kind of religion, as long as morality is maintained.

Thence comes transformation of minds, corruption of youths, contempt of sacred things and holy laws — in other words, a pestilence more deadly to the state than any other. Experience shows, even from earliest times, that cities renowned for wealth, dominion, and glory perished as a result of this single evil, namely immoderate freedom of opinion, license of free speech, and desire for novelty.

I never said just any religion would do. Or that straying from religion would be good. Or that having no religion was ok. In fact bending the rules of a particular religion to suit yourself is blasphemous as well.

Yes I agree with your quotations. This is certainly the downfall of our times.

I don't know how to phrase my original assertion better.

It's very important to have a strong practice. And religion is the key to salvation. Particularly for the masses. There are very few exceptions.

Imho. The purpose of religion is to aid and bring those who are low and devoid of spirit up and into G-ds path. Without religion the vast majority are without hope of salvation in this lifetime.

Judaism is the best place to start. Try the Mormons if you need something a bit less esoteric and something more grounded and structured. And try Catholicism if you need something pragmatic, straight forward, and mercantile. They'll all eventually get you going down the right road.

Do not recommend the vast majority of protestant or Baptist faiths. My experience is they are the most easily infiltrated by devils. Not to say they are entirely invalid. Just buyer beware. :cool:

I'm quite serious.

Also yes. Your quotes are a strong argument for Catholicism in mine eyes. I will reconsider.

However exhibit A

The guy says a lot in the first few minutes. Reincarnation is a tangent for another thread.

u4vLzaVER80

---

in my case my power levels are way to high

i should def not start a new religion

i do not want to be the antichrist or go to heaven

even tho I wish to follow G-d

magnetaress
01-09-2023, 10:09 AM
(I also don't want to be reincarnated either)

Encroaching Death
01-09-2023, 11:09 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/vB1Yd8kY/dooeap1qdsn61.webp

Lune
01-09-2023, 11:54 AM

And here I thought they were exaggerating about Christo-fascists being actual fascists.

aussenseiter
01-09-2023, 12:04 PM
And here I thought they were exaggerating about Christo-fascists being actual fascists.

That statement by the Pope was somehow un-Poped at a later date (https://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_councils/ii_vatican_council/documents/vat-ii_decl_19651207_dignitatis-humanae_en.html)

Ooloo
01-09-2023, 12:06 PM
Our prefrontal cortexes are hard-wired with abstract, symbolic constructions of laws, culture, behavior, philosophy, etc, by the time we reach adulthood. In some people, those are religious laws/behaviors (culture), and in others, it's a culture stemming from a more secular philosophy.

So I think the more accurate statement would be: Human nature seems to have an inherent need for lawful or systematic thinking in line with their learned culture.

Well the irony is that conspicuously religious-sounding ideas come out of the mouths of people who fancy themselves highly educated and secular unlike those old fashioned knuckle-dragging christians and jews and muslims and their wacky sky god.

I mean what is the difference between the concept of a "soul" and a "gender identity"? The phrase "born in the wrong body" sounds just as metaphysical as the concept of the resurrection. White privilege is the new original sin, there are certain incantations you're expected to recite even when all available data disproves them. "Cops are hunting down black people" is just kind of accepted as true. You can easily get lots of approving nods from libs if you say that, despite the fact it is utterly not true. It's considered impolite to point out that it's nonsense, much like it's considered impolite to poke and prod at the beliefs of a devout christian. Even alot of the covid shit became some kind of peganistic cult on the left, where mask wearing and rigid adherence to only certain authorities became a kind of purity test.

It's hardly limited to the left though- I've never been a big trump guy and I'll freely admit some of his most ardent fans border on religious worship. Still, the most egregious examples in modern times seem to come from people who ordinarily sneer at religion and consider themselves hyper-rational and enlightened.

Encroaching Death
01-09-2023, 12:17 PM
https://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/604025/86245291.jpg

Encroaching Death
01-09-2023, 12:20 PM
https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/657/790/0ba.jpg

Raj
01-09-2023, 12:31 PM
LOL!

magnetaress
01-09-2023, 01:26 PM

* Eugene has the hoarder gene.

MrSparkle001
01-09-2023, 03:05 PM
So much cringe in this thread lol

PRogers
01-09-2023, 05:08 PM
I see what you're saying but it's just semantics at this point. You said:

The cultural revolution was a jihad in the name of a secular ideology, literally attacking all religions, the intelligentsia, capitalists, bourgeoisie, etc, to impose a non-religious (secular) ideology. They had a clearly defined position of state atheism, which they maintain to this day.

It was as close to an atheist jihad as the Catholic crusades were to actual crusades, rather than political adventurism by noble second sons for land, title, wealth, and glory.

Literally cant have a "holy war" or jihad in the name of something not holy or inspired by divinity.

Its just slaughter.

The ideology of "there is nothing divine in government" does not mean "kill everyone" under any circumstance.

How do you make that leap? "This church is not divine" then what? If someone in uniform says "burn it down" thats called state sponsored terrorism.

At the worst, secularism would mean churches have to pay taxes. Thats the extent of what it means to remove all "holy" stuff from government. Anything past that, not secularism.

Sectarianism is what you're looking for. You can be a zealot for the state.

Lune
01-09-2023, 08:52 PM
Literally cant have a "holy war" or jihad in the name of something not holy or inspired by divinity.

If that's the case, then your original statement:

was utterly meaningless.

"Never seen a jihad in the name of a group of people who are incapable of jihad".

I took it in the only possible way it could be applied-- a secular group of people literally slaughtering those of all religions to impose state atheism. A secular war against religion.

It's a trite and stupid discussion anyway.

aussenseiter
01-09-2023, 09:00 PM
If that's the case, then your original statement:

was utterly meaningless.

"Never seen a jihad in the name of a group of people who are incapable of jihad".

I took it in the only possible way it could be applied-- a secular group of people literally slaughtering those of all religions to impose state atheism. A secular war against religion.

It's a trite and stupid discussion anyway.

One of the most controversial aspects of the Reign of Terror was the dechristianization campaign. (https://www.historyskills.com/classroom/modern-history/mod-terror-reading/)

This was a series of measures designed to eradicate Christianity from France. Churches were closed, religious symbols were destroyed, and priests were forced to flee the country.

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-we-have-no-compassion-and-we-ask-no-compassion-from-you-when-our-turn-comes-we-shall-karl-marx-65-27-60.jpg

Encroaching Death
01-09-2023, 09:15 PM
Religion is power. It's an authority.

If you're looking for ultimate power, you must dismantle any authority structures.

That can include intellectuals, Religion, Family structure. Hell, even comedy can be a threat if it's able to speak truth to power. Same with journalism.

The lie of freeing people of oppression by removing authority structures only really results in centralizing power that has the ability to oppress without challenge.

Jobaber
01-09-2023, 10:11 PM
n4khf8zOZBQ

goblinmob
01-09-2023, 10:25 PM

unsunghero
01-09-2023, 10:49 PM
Do people still wear fedoras?

I mean unironically

aussenseiter
01-09-2023, 10:54 PM
n4khf8zOZBQ

I am the cosmic evil

There is no reincarnation (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catharism) 🔥🧙

goblinmob
01-09-2023, 10:57 PM
God lol I never would. I know for a fact that my best friend since 4th grade (we use to swing on the swing and try to spit all the way do the school wall. And we would bring toys from home and try to throw them up on the road when semis were coming) wears one of these..

It's weird ngl, but it hard to speak up but it's like when someone with a super ugly feature, like a bad crooked eye or something is talking to you and it's like an elephant in the room. I wanna say I think he even wore it in his wedding pictures. Probably untrue but kinda not in a way.

[EDIT] WAIT! I had a roommate, we worked at the same place too. HE wore one. And this guy was to the 9s with that meme-able brilliant, snide, refined Dos XX shit. Like "What??..50 Shades of Grey is actually good literature. You're just too immature" kinda shit

unsunghero
01-09-2023, 11:07 PM
^
To me that kind isn’t as bad, because it hasn’t been memed into irreverence like the other kind has

The type of dudes to wear the other kind are fairly plugged into the internet and have to know by now that people have been meme’ing them for the past decade. I can’t see any of them still wearing one other than as an attempt at self-deprecating humor….

goblinmob
01-09-2023, 11:18 PM
Now this sparked my train of thought and I'm tryna think of other well known instances of some perfectly innocuous item that is now inescapably paired with some ridiculous new meaning behind it.. I mean, maybe not say-well yeah, like "Aunt Jemima" now I guess.. something like that, like the fedora like look at these two pictures. Uh-huh, dude..

Jobaber
01-09-2023, 11:38 PM

Imagine being a character in the Golden Compass and your Daemon is a 70 year old single woman's dog.

aussenseiter
01-09-2023, 11:50 PM
Too many cringe memes

if you prefer scatology to eschatology, you might be a redneck

MrSparkle001
01-10-2023, 09:32 AM
God lol I never would. I know for a fact that my best friend since 4th grade (we use to swing on the swing and try to spit all the way do the school wall. And we would bring toys from home and try to throw them up on the road when semis were coming) wears one of these..

It's weird ngl, but it hard to speak up but it's like when someone with a super ugly feature, like a bad crooked eye or something is talking to you and it's like an elephant in the room. I wanna say I think he even wore it in his wedding pictures. Probably untrue but kinda not in a way.

[EDIT] WAIT! I had a roommate, we worked at the same place too. HE wore one. And this guy was to the 9s with that meme-able brilliant, snide, refined Dos XX shit. Like "What??..50 Shades of Grey is actually good literature. You're just too immature" kinda shit

I just bought myself one of those last month on the advice of my girlfriend who saw it and had me try it on, but I'm not a young cringey atheist internet warrior.

Encroaching Death
01-10-2023, 11:08 AM
Too many cringe memes

https://i.postimg.cc/HsGdwP0P/nice-meme-hat.png

Cen
01-10-2023, 11:25 AM
An atheist is such a simpler concept then people seem to want to make it out to be. Everyone is a Not-Something with respect to something.

Like being not a fan of Sailor Moon

That isn't me of course I think Sailor Moon is amazing. Cool discorock, great characters, and makes you feel good like binging the office or watching the Princess Bride

Wait what were you guys talking about again?

Cen
01-10-2023, 11:33 AM
It is weird to me there's a focus on a word for someone who doesn't believe gods really exist in reality though. Nobody seems to make a focus on not believing in heliocentrism or not believing the earth is flat or not believing in ghosts or whatever.

I don't believe in any of that stuff but I generally just umbrella that as being not superstitious, aka not believing in supernatural things.

I do wonder about the people who get easily embarrassed or worry about privacy a lot who believe in supernatural things, like do they worry about being being watched by the invisible things?

magnetaress
01-10-2023, 11:56 AM

I've often contemplated the compassionate thing to do for everyone would be to go to hell incase there is one.

Me. In heaven? Cringe.

That said I don't exactly know how to compassionately enter hell. As that compassion is supposed to also encompess the "self". As flawed as the self is.

In this scenario. We may all be going to hell. However, that's not "my wish".

Also. To actively disbelieve in consequences for ones life. It doesn't matter how moral you try to be. Seems like atheism is more a convenience to say "it doesn't matter what I do in this life". You may say you're a humanitarian. However you may still torture someone for their beliefs.

At a minimum unless you follow bhudda you are quite literally just an empty vessel meeting out your nihilistic instinctualism turned intellectualism as you see fit. No matter how much science you cope-quote. It's also a fear cope mechanism. Can't go to hell if there isn't one. No duty. No punishment for being an asshole to others. Literally a really bad philosophy to follow. It holds almost no intrinsic value as there is more proof for divinity and afterlives and life consequences then there is proof against.

In fact there is no specific proof there are no higher powers than mankind. Yet we do have crop circles. Giants on mountains. The Nasca figures. Mormons, kabala (i probably mispelled), Etc etc.

Not you specifically goblinmob :)

The greater you needs a guide. And the body of the people need to be accountable and hold those around them accountable. The bill of rights just doesn't cut it.

Encroaching Death
01-10-2023, 12:10 PM
We may all be going to hell.

We all deserve it - that's for sure.

Except my grandmother. She's a sweetheart.

She'll be the only person in Heaven going "Uhh where the fuck is everyone? This is a bit shit, innit?" (My grandmother wants to be British while in heaven)

aussenseiter
01-10-2023, 12:17 PM
It is weird to me there's a focus on a word for someone who doesn't believe gods really exist in reality though. Nobody seems to make a focus on not believing in heliocentrism or not believing the earth is flat or not believing in ghosts or whatever.

I don't believe in any of that stuff but I generally just umbrella that as being not superstitious, aka not believing in supernatural things.

I do wonder about the people who get easily embarrassed or worry about privacy a lot who believe in supernatural things, like do they worry about being being watched by the invisible things?

A-theism. Without theism, which is belief in God(s).

There's other a- words, it's some latin bullcrap. (amoral, agnostic, etc)

Cen
01-10-2023, 12:21 PM
That much I do know, but mostly focused on the use of it on regards to not accepting a proposition of some kind as being true beyond a reasonable doubt.

magnetaress
01-10-2023, 12:24 PM
We all deserve it - that's for sure.

Except my grandmother. She's a sweetheart.

She'll be the only person in Heaven going "Uhh where the fuck is everyone? This is a bit shit, innit?" (My grandmother wants to be British while in heaven)

One good reason to go to Catholic heaven is just so that my Grandma can see me there at peace as she's always loved me (not exactly how I want to be). I believe once we understand this we are well on our way towards salvation.

MrSparkle001
01-10-2023, 12:41 PM
Wait what were you guys talking about again?

Cringey young atheists with fedoras

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/685/724/b67.png

Cen
01-10-2023, 02:12 PM

Is this in reference to Venus, Eros, or Lakshmi?

Encroaching Death
01-10-2023, 02:17 PM

Some dudes just can't deal with rejection.

I remember one night out, I got multiple rejections from women.

I proceeded to drunkenly yell at the top of my lungs in the parking lot that all the women in the club were lesbians.

See? That's how you properly deal with rejection.

Jobaber
01-10-2023, 02:50 PM
Woke people: Incels need to learn how to take rejection from women.
Also woke people: God didnt give me a large penis let me explain why he doesnt exist and all of you that like him are simps and cucks.

Ooloo
01-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Do people still wear fedoras?

I mean unironically

Fedoras are fine as long as you aren't fat and have a neck beard. It's that trifecta that makes them bad.

Jobaber
01-11-2023, 03:00 AM
For the atheist's out there, if some alien showed up and was like "We are your creators, all these religions are right, and they all worship us, we feel all your consciousnesses connected to us please, continue! But know that all are one, now to bring peace on earth!"

Would you immediately become a Jesus freak or would you still insist that the bible is fake?

aussenseiter
01-11-2023, 03:03 AM
For the atheist's out there, if some alien showed up and was like "We are your creators, all these religions are right, and they all worship us, we feel all your consciousnesses connected to us please, continue! But know that all are one, now to bring peace on earth!"

Would you immediately become a Jesus freak or would you still insist that the bible is fake?

Should be a thread

Pras Christ

Crepido
01-11-2023, 04:03 AM
Why did you feel compelled to go from Reiwa to Aussenseiter/outsider ?

Jobaber
01-11-2023, 04:39 AM
So the rest of us dont feel lonely now shhh let the men speak.

aussenseiter
01-11-2023, 11:59 AM
Why did you feel compelled to go from Reiwa to Aussenseiter/outsider ?

Reiwa lost his mind and started being nice to Republicans.

Now 'underdog' is here to beat them up. :D

Who's this anyway?

magnetaress
01-11-2023, 10:11 PM
Meh. We should be nice to everyone.

Crepido
01-12-2023, 01:50 AM

Who's this anyway?

Just me, never activated account to post, but had do it in order to write a petition. Just been reading forums so far.

aussenseiter
01-12-2023, 01:56 AM
Just me, never activated account to post, but had do it in order to write a petition. Just been reading forums so far.

Do I have parasocial followers!? Ick!

unsunghero
01-12-2023, 02:46 AM

Who's this anyway?

You should roleplay in the game, not on a forum IMO

Just be yourself! Works for any situation

magnetaress
01-12-2023, 09:01 AM
Put pressure on it.

Here's a pillow.

Jobaber
01-13-2023, 05:33 AM
the new one world athiest-thiest hybrid religion begins!

CjBE0MVoBJc

Jobaber
01-18-2023, 06:29 PM
God isnt real but the universe is a video game lol

F__elfR3w8c

Lune
01-20-2023, 10:11 AM
bro what if like

no bro-

what if like we're in some other neckbeard's elf sim

Edit: Bush knocked down the towers

Encroaching Death
01-20-2023, 10:15 AM
bro what if like

no bro-

what if like we're in some other neckbeard's elf sim

Edit: Bush knocked down the towers

Try again

Jobaber
01-20-2023, 01:47 PM
Science: God is not real I only believe in science.

Scientists: *Makes up dark matter to justify the theory of relativity.

Lune
01-20-2023, 06:33 PM
Science: God is not real I only believe in science.

Scientists: *Makes up dark matter to justify the theory of relativity.

This sounds great but doesn't mean much when you get into the actual science. Dark matter is just a name for an unexplained set of observations we have about grand cosmological scales, and there are lots of theories about what dark matter might actually be. It's just an attempt at a logical explanation, and there are competing attempts, but no great explanations as of yet. Relativity also doesn't require dark matter to work. Certain theories based on relativity do.

Then you have God which isn't even an attempt at an explanation. Matters of belief and matters of knowledge are completely different things and shouldn't even be compared.

Encroaching Death
01-20-2023, 07:09 PM
Science: Bro, we don't need food. Trust us. (https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25433870-500-regenesis-review-farming-is-killing-the-planet-but-we-can-stop-it/)

aussenseiter
01-20-2023, 08:39 PM
Science: Bro, we don't need food. Trust us. (https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg25433870-500-regenesis-review-farming-is-killing-the-planet-but-we-can-stop-it/)

Eating nutrients produced by bacteria = what cows do
(https://extension.umn.edu/dairy-nutrition/ruminant-digestive-system#:~:text=Ruminant%20stomachs%20have%20four%2 0compartments,vitamin%20K%20and%20amino%20acids.)
They want us to be cattle.

Encroaching Death
01-20-2023, 09:08 PM
They want us to be cattle.

You're finally getting it.

Glad to have you on board, bro.

Encroaching Death
01-20-2023, 09:10 PM
Speaking about failures in science, Naples was voted Most Beautiful City in the US (https://www.iheart.com/alternate/amp/2023-01-18-florida-city-named-one-of-the-most-beautiful-in-america/)

I dated a chick from Naples. The place sucks.

I want a recount.

Oh well, we still have the 'Best Beach in the US'.

Jobaber
01-20-2023, 09:24 PM
This sounds great but doesn't mean much when you get into the actual science. Dark matter is just a name for an unexplained set of observations we have about grand cosmological scales, and there are lots of theories about what dark matter might actually be. It's just an attempt at a logical explanation, and there are competing attempts, but no great explanations as of yet. Relativity also doesn't require dark matter to work. Certain theories based on relativity do.

Then you have God which isn't even an attempt at an explanation. Matters of belief and matters of knowledge are completely different things and shouldn't even be compared.

You are saying the exact same thing, dark matter is a joke.

God is absolutely a logical attempt at a logical expiation for the universe.

We still cant prove that it's interference not observation that makes quantum entanglement happen.

It's not even a theory, it's literally a "best guess" that observation is interference.

Everything is hocus pocus.

Smoking was healthy 60 years ago.

I'm sure if there is a god he knows where he came from, and when he tells you where that is you'd be like "OOHH wow that's some cool science."

Then he rolls his eyes and is like, "It's not science, but yeah science is the paint of the house that makes up this universe, sure."

Jobaber
01-21-2023, 12:56 AM
Just a cloud.

C3QiwAuTnCg

Trexller
01-21-2023, 01:24 AM
Maybe the angels in the apocalypse will be more like this:

https://i.imgur.com/geQtFCL.jpeg

you know, instead of the amorphous form with 30 eyeballs

Jobaber
01-21-2023, 03:54 PM
Checkmate science nerds:

L84x5Bv5ZuI

magnetaress
01-21-2023, 04:08 PM
Maybe the angels in the apocalypse will be more like this:

https://i.imgur.com/geQtFCL.jpeg

you know, instead of the amorphous form with 30 eyeballs

Maybe I'm just a little crazy. I kinda want to meet

amorphous form with 30 eyeballs

:o

Jobaber
01-21-2023, 10:05 PM
Nasa: we have to close nobody likes space travel.

Also nasa: It's just a rock.

https://i.imgur.com/Ei5khFO.png

https://i.imgur.com/Y8IdJTP.png

https://i.imgur.com/x55o0Yy.png

6RuPH8asOO0

Encroaching Death
01-21-2023, 10:06 PM
Star War

Jobaber
01-24-2023, 11:21 PM
WELL..

Checkmate, atheists.

(I haven't watched this video)

HlQC0eRWKu0

Trexller
01-24-2023, 11:37 PM
Maybe I'm just a little crazy. I kinda want to meet

amorphous form with 30 eyeballs

:o

yeah but, boobs tho

Jobaber
01-25-2023, 04:44 PM
https://i.imgur.com/xen4lDs.png

KxB9dM0u4mU

+..2023
-------------
....6..6 6

aussenseiter
01-25-2023, 05:16 PM
+..2023
-------------
....6..6 6

I lol'd

Jobaber
01-25-2023, 05:34 PM
I lol'd

:D

https://i.imgur.com/P7X6K3Y.png

Jobaber
01-30-2023, 08:43 PM
Religious people: What stops you from killing if you dont believe in god?

Atheists: My brain, I dont need a religion to make me moral.

Religious people:Then why do you need a goverment?

_ASnWtGIBpI

Jobaber
02-02-2023, 04:42 PM
lol play them at the same time

3I_M1FKC5MA

CP3YHKghs_4

Ooloo
02-02-2023, 05:18 PM
Ilhan omar is an extremely repulsive lunatic who hates this country, and simultaneously a very untalented politician and public speaker. She's basically a 16 year old girl throwing a tantrum every time she speaks publicly. Also though,she's pretty hot. Like.... I'm into it.

AOC and Ilhan are the two hot members of the squad I pay attention to. The other two frumpy ones I can't remember their names.

Basanos
02-02-2023, 05:21 PM
Do you have any opinions that aren't best heard in the nasal voice of Ben Shapiro?

Ooloo
02-02-2023, 05:36 PM
Do you have any opinions that aren't best heard in the nasal voice of Ben Shapiro?

No no, those aren't opinions. They are objective facts. But you're free to hear them in any voice you'd like!

Jobaber
02-02-2023, 05:37 PM
Backa raka san shi a-ga raka!

PRogers
02-02-2023, 05:39 PM
benny shakino

PRogers
02-02-2023, 05:40 PM
WELL..

Checkmate, atheists.

(I haven't watched this video)

HlQC0eRWKu0

"I died in this experiment. "

Go write that in the comments, please. lol

Basanos
02-02-2023, 05:55 PM
No no, those aren't opinions. They are objective facts. But you're free to hear them in any voice you'd like!That isn't how facts work, you'd know this if you stopped listening to Ben Shapiro

aussenseiter
02-02-2023, 06:16 PM
Ilhan omar is an extremely repulsive lunatic who hates this country, and simultaneously a very untalented politician and public speaker. She's basically a 16 year old girl throwing a tantrum every time she speaks publicly. Also though,she's pretty hot. Like.... I'm into it.

AOC and Ilhan are the two hot members of the squad I pay attention to. The other two frumpy ones I can't remember their names.

Is it an escalation or simple payback? Standing committees are different than select?

I remember it being a grievous breach of tradition when it happened to Jim Jordan. 🙃

Ooloo
02-02-2023, 06:55 PM
Is it an escalation or simple payback? Standing committees are different than select?

I remember it being a grievous breach of tradition when it happened to Jim Jordan. ��

It's mostly she sucks and isn't fit for office. When incompetent people are elected to office, there isn't much the people can do until the next election cycle. In the meantime, she can get kicked off her bullshit whatevers, yes.

She's still hot though.

Jobaber
02-02-2023, 07:00 PM
AOC at the senate acting like everyday is sunday.

9k260wEclC8

Basanos
02-02-2023, 07:45 PM
It's mostly she sucks and isn't fit for office. When incompetent people are elected to office, there isn't much the people can do until the next election cycle. In the meantime, she can get kicked off her bullshit whatevers, yes.

She's still hot though.Sure there is, your man Ben Shapiro inspires people to remove others from various offices through non-electoral means all the time

Jobaber
02-02-2023, 08:58 PM
AOC essentially doing blackface on the senate floor.

When did she become southern Baptist?

PRogers
02-02-2023, 10:12 PM
Sure there is, your man Ben Shapiro inspires people to remove others from various offices through non-electoral means all the time

hes trying so hard to get a rise out of someone.

AxeGrinder
02-02-2023, 10:58 PM
Eww, that jab-happy guy, used his socials to promote that shit too. The mandates and support of them is what truly crossed the American line and shame should be felt across the board.. well, except those who didn't push that BS.

More fitting to sip Crown Royal than Kentucky Straight Bourbon.

Chortles Snortles
02-02-2023, 11:34 PM
yeeeee hawwwwww

AxeGrinder
02-02-2023, 11:38 PM
and the big apples turn

https://i.imgur.com/FZkFLUY.jpg

Trexller
02-02-2023, 11:57 PM
and the big apples turn

https://i.imgur.com/FZkFLUY.jpg

sir i believe you have uncovered the gayest image in american history