PDA

View Full Version : Rogue FashionQuest leveling suggestions

Crawdad
01-06-2023, 02:57 PM
My rogue's been acting as my tunnel mule for a few years now, but I'm bored and leveling her out of the mid-20s sounds entertaining. Fungi/haste/expensive weapons are fun but I want to level this character while looking good. Female barbarian with a DE mask, I'll snag Erudite and Iksar sometime soonish. Current setup is Tizmak gear+plate helm+wakizashis, fine for tunnelquesting but looking for something a bit more doable than basically rustys and patchwork.

Looking mostly for:
Cool lookin weapons
Different/Velious textures
Rogue clickers
Fun procs that get ignored
Some different outfits to go along with illusion masks

Any camps where I can park the rogue to loot No Drop stuff works too, so long as I can kill it with a 57 necro or 56 druid. Not sure if Fehdars or elsewhere has rogue-esque stuff.

Karanis
01-07-2023, 01:21 AM
Personally on my blue rogue, I'm a huge fan of full haze panther gear with a non-graphic helm. Beautiful dark blue set with very high strength, looks very nice in dark elf illusion, base dwarf, and iksar imo :)

Karanis
01-07-2023, 01:25 AM
As far as fun procs; Locustlure, Anklesmasher, Obtenebrate Short Sword, Blood Point, Embalmer's Skinning Knife. Mrylokar's Vambraces are also a solid clicky, with haze panther gear, some strength offpieces, and the clicky arms, it's really easy to hit 255 strength self buffed which is fun if you're not big on raiding.

Encroaching Death
01-07-2023, 01:13 PM
IMO, a full set of Woven Shadow Armor is ultimate Rogue fashionquest.

Ennewi
01-07-2023, 09:40 PM
As far as fun procs; Locustlure, Anklesmasher, Obtenebrate Short Sword, Blood Point, Embalmer's Skinning Knife. Mrylokar's Vambraces are also a solid clicky, with haze panther gear, some strength offpieces, and the clicky arms, it's really easy to hit 255 strength self buffed which is fun if you're not big on raiding.

Thing legitimately saved a full group wipe once. Enchanter died trying to mez train in LCY. Priest went oom rooting the adds, then died. Rogue swapped in locustlure, proc'd early and often enough on each target that early root breaks were manageable. Only their rogue and my tank survived, but still felt like a small victory when the alternative was running to the zoneline and losing camp.

darkreap
01-08-2023, 03:50 PM
So my Dwarf rogue looks pretty legit with Dark Scale Legs and Arms, Tribal war boots match the Crystal Chitin Gloves and no helm graphic from Dragon Tooth Choker. He is wearing a Phase Spider Carapace but eventually I want that to either be swapped out with the PoN chest (Assassin’s I think) or Woven Shadow. If you of the level and have the help, I would recommend getting the High Elf mask for ultimate fashion.

Toxigen
01-11-2023, 03:56 PM
Full set of Ravenscale.

Cecily
01-11-2023, 04:26 PM
https://i.imgur.com/krTR8ne.png

Jimjam
01-12-2023, 06:33 AM
Crystalline Silk Armor (https://wiki.project1999.com/Crystalline_Silk_Armor)

Visible slots give a whole 27AC, 17SV Magic more than it looks like you have!

Solist
01-12-2023, 07:35 AM
Level your necro.

Farm DKP in vanquish or riot.

Buy Phara Dar robe, ST key, primal 1h piercer, priceless offhand and primal bow, 10th ring, KT crown, flayed barb mask, yeli neck, and a horn of hsagra for level 5 rogue. Buy AoW legs for a level 1 monk you make, deguild and sell them to buy urn and sinew MQ for rog for spirit wracked cords, buy a stormfeather/lodi loot right, buy everything needed for all 5 PoM flowers, save 40k for an epic MQ at 46, grab a fungi.

Go stab things with your geared high resist, lots of clickies, 2/3 AoB, properly hasted rogue bot with self regen.

Toxigen
01-12-2023, 10:02 AM
Level your necro.

Buy Phara Dar robe, ST key, primal 1h piercer, priceless offhand and primal bow, 10th ring, KT crown, flayed barb mask, yeli neck, and a horn of hsagra for level 5 rogue. Buy AoW legs for a level 1 monk you make, deguild and sell them to buy urn and sinew MQ for rog for spirit wracked cords, buy a stormfeather/lodi loot right, buy everything needed for all 5 PoM flowers, save 40k for an epic MQ at 46, grab a fungi.

Go stab things with your geared high resist, lots of clickies, 2/3 AoB, properly hasted rogue bot with self regen.

see ya in 3 years hope the divorce isnt too expensive (it wont be you're poor)

Crawdad
01-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Thanks for all the advice, guys. Digging some of the suggestions. The woven shadow looks slick but not sure I'll take the time for planar stints on the rogue. Crystalline silk looks naked..?

Level your necro.

Some of this sounds a little specific �� I did entirely more than my fair share of raiding back during classic, tldr you could not pay me to raid here.

Imago
01-13-2023, 01:28 AM
If you’re willing to get to 46 for Woven Shadow (which looks great), you might as well complement it with some Golden Efreeti

wagorf
01-13-2023, 05:15 AM
i leveled my rog with full plate look with ccom + mylokar bp + legs + trident war boots wielding horn of hsagra and exquisite warsword

looks best when transforming into dark elf with mask

Cecily
01-13-2023, 09:49 AM
Maybe playing a Darkelf was how you won FQ all along.

Snaggles
01-13-2023, 11:15 AM
Dark scale arms and greaves
Red dragon BP
Tribal war boots
Ice Forged Shackle or silver chitin wristbands.

Mryo is also very snazzy. Fungi’s are very useful so I’d prob pick a race that doesn’t look too bad with one. Wood elves with the pine tree for example.

Encroaching Death
01-13-2023, 12:06 PM
Maybe playing a Darkelf was how you won FQ all along.

But every Rogue can play as a Dark Elf.

Cecily
01-13-2023, 03:15 PM
But every Rogue can play as a Dark Elf.
Learned this the other day. Esse quam videri is a Latin phrase meaning "To be, rather than to seem." That's a fairly important thing to me.

Encroaching Death
01-13-2023, 03:43 PM
"To be, rather than to seem." That's a fairly important thing to me.

Truth is subjective and to argue otherwise is reactionary and counter-revolutionary.

Crawdad
01-13-2023, 07:22 PM
Dark scale arms and greaves
Red dragon BP
Tribal war boots
Ice Forged Shackle or silver chitin wristbands.

Mryo is also very snazzy. Fungi’s are very useful so I’d prob pick a race that doesn’t look too bad with one. Wood elves with the pine tree for example.

I dig this and recently had the Fungi struggle for the Pally. Sebilite scale legs saved the day.

Snaggles
01-13-2023, 10:18 PM
I dig this and recently had the Fungi struggle for the Pally. Sebilite scale legs saved the day.

Good call. The gladiator legs from kael are OG banded look too.

Not a big deal if you have a class that has less than ideal fungi fashion. It’s too good to pass up if you have one. Just a consideration if starting from scratch :)

Raj
01-14-2023, 02:11 AM
see ya in 3 years hope the divorce isnt too expensive (it wont be you're poor)

Trelaboon
01-17-2023, 12:56 PM
Guardian Robe is the way to go. Robed melee's are the end-all-be-all of fashion

Ripqozko
01-17-2023, 07:05 PM
Guardian Robe is the way to go. Robed melee's are the end-all-be-all of fashion

PD robe*, guardian robe is for casuals.

darkreap
02-06-2023, 01:05 PM
Just picked up Assassin’s Chest, Legs, and Arms. Have to say, I think that is prolly the best look I’ve seen as far as rogue armor. Super dark black Velium Chain armor.