PDA

View Full Version : Next adventure

slouth
01-04-2023, 04:09 PM
Just recently dinged 58 as a barb shaman, and quite frankly tired of COM. I’ve spent the last 3 levels doing 2nd floor, and tired my hand at the 3rd floor. But I’m so tired of goo’s and that annoying wraith sound lol. So I’m missing some spells from 51-58, got 12k in the bank, and was tempted to try soloing sky fire for some spells, or maybe howling stones, I never went to HS, so not sure if there’s a guide on the zone. Any ideas/thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks !

loramin
01-04-2023, 04:13 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide

Sizar
01-04-2023, 05:39 PM
HS is solid. Do the 8 ent mobs, skipping the east wing and its pather. Then pop downstairs and pull 2-4 of them up and root rot them as well to break up the monotony. If you have epic it is pretty standard to do 4 mobs at a time.

If you are feeling spicy then head into either north or west wings and do that for better xp (less greens)

Swish
01-04-2023, 05:55 PM
HS is all fun and games until you die.

If you know a cleric who's able to come and rez, great.

slouth
01-04-2023, 07:36 PM
HS is all fun and games until you die.

If you know a cleric who's able to come and rez, great.

That was my concern, I’m going to try and get a guild here, as I’m certainly missing the social side of things. Thanks everyone

Jobaber
01-04-2023, 07:55 PM
Hey OP did you have epic? I think the imps in SolB is a great place to get to 60.

Can you recharge goblin nets? I cant remember, I suppose that is important. Sure made it fun for me.

Sizar
01-04-2023, 08:36 PM
Can you recharge goblin nets? I cant remember, I suppose that is important. Sure made it fun for me.

You can but costs like 2k or something to recharge i hear.

Snaggles
01-04-2023, 08:57 PM
Solo Exp
Fun and profit
Low risk of death

Pick 2.

(I prefer to always pick lazy grinds to 60, then adventure out)

Trelaboon
01-05-2023, 01:13 PM
I did 56-60 at the efreeti ramp in SolB, killing the Imps and Lava guardians.

slouth
01-05-2023, 03:14 PM
I did 56-60 at the efreeti ramp in SolB, killing the Imps and Lava guardians.

I can’t remember if I ever did solb on live, is there a guide on this camp ? Just curious , thanks !

Encroaching Death
01-05-2023, 03:49 PM
That was my concern, I’m going to try and get a guild here, as I’m certainly missing the social side of things. Thanks everyone

There's usually someone who has a clicky Cleric parked on the Basement safe hill in HS.

That, or you can get a 93% rez from one of the 1,000 Necros in zone.

Trelaboon
01-05-2023, 07:43 PM
I can’t remember if I ever did solb on live, is there a guide on this camp ? Just curious , thanks !

Hardest part is getting there (not hard just a little annoying having to kill the green bars and beetles along the way) and breaking the initial 3 mobs at the entrance to the ramp. Once you’re there, it’s easy to pick up 1 and 2 mons at a time. Can probably find some videos on YouTube. Im sure someone has recorded it.

Toxigen
01-09-2023, 01:18 PM
Hardest part is getting there (not hard just a little annoying having to kill the green bars and beetles along the way) and breaking the initial 3 mobs at the entrance to the ramp. Once you’re there, it’s easy to pick up 1 and 2 mons at a time. Can probably find some videos on YouTube. Im sure someone has recorded it.

I'll 2nd freeti trash as the best pure XP for solo shaman....if you want solo xp + cash just go root rot geonids in WL (sorry loramin).

Things to keep in mind while learning this camp (in order of importance):

1. Positioning - the imps backstab, avoid this at all costs. Be mindful while root rotting multiples and also weary of what may be respawning / roaming behind you.

2. Dispel - lava guardians cast a damage shield on themselves and the imps. Once you've broken your camp (and are killing as things pop) this is less of an issue, but your pet will take pretty significant damage. Try to get that dispelled first.

3. Keep shrink / levitate on - especially when learning the camp, lev is important as you may panic with an imp spawn at your backside and accidentally run off the ledge into the lava. Additonally, on the clear-in there is a stretch of lava with some rocks you would have to jump over. You need to pull the initial mobs back away from their spawn points because there are a few roamers that can chain aggro up to the 2nd spawn of mobs up the hill/ramp. Just do yourself a favor and shrink / lev up when clearing in.

4. Look for a monk or warrior - especially if you don't have epic, adding a monk or war will really crank up the kill rate and you should be able to handle Efreeti himself for a chance at some loot. Monks often are soloing LDCs and many will come join you for a break in the monotony that is solo monk.