PDA

View Full Version : Silly metaphysics.

magnetaress
01-04-2023, 11:06 AM
So totally full circle.

Back to "would destroy all of creation if able".
This time: Out of love. Instead of hate/anger.

:o

I guess that is a sin? Any priests/clerics/monks/druids/qanaonshams/barbshams? out there know what to do in this scenario?

It's not like an impulse. The Y of it is it just makes sense and seems to be the right thing and also feels like the right thing sort. Just one thing - it would be mean too do it. Plus violate the will of "others" (I use the term I and others losely, ego is bullshit).

Maybe "we" don't have a common frame of reference. And it just is what it is.

There's like no motivation really to do it either. Beyond the rationality of it. And again the spirit of it. That feel straight from the source. Although I feel like G-d would stop me and that would be OK and good :)

goblinmob
01-04-2023, 12:43 PM
I feel like if it were a movie, there have been villains in plots who were "trying to do what they believed was right" and it's an interesting twist. More than the usual "trying to take over the world" chaff.

I'm not sure 100% on the context here but if I'd give my 2 cents worth I'd say with these topics, the one thing we have going against us is the argument of "jurisdiction". Whatever points, motives, or capability we have behind us kinda get shot down with this catch all. God is the creator and you and I are not. And however things "look" from where we're standing, it's kinda "end of story" unfortunately. "Does the vessel ask the potter, "Why have you created me thus?" I think is how it goes. Fair or not? Who can say?

Micah 6:8 is my favorite verse btw.

goblinmob
01-04-2023, 12:47 PM
ydYaph8BQkE

goblinmob
01-04-2023, 12:52 PM
Sorry, just blurting out thoughts as they come to me. But here's some food for thought, who's to say one couldn't argue that maybe Satan even thought itself as an "advocate for the people" or "liberator of creation" would certainly address the eternal bitterness toward God better the "of course I'm the bad guy, otherwise why would I be twirling my mustache?" But still to the same end..

magnetaress
01-04-2023, 12:52 PM
I feel like if it were a movie, there have been villains in plots who were "trying to do what they believed was right" and it's an interesting twist. More than the usual "trying to take over the world" chaff.

I'm not sure 100% on the context here but if I'd give my 2 cents worth I'd say with these topics, the one thing we have going against us is the argument of "jurisdiction". Whatever points, motives, or capability we have behind us kinda get shot down with this catch all. God is the creator and you and I are not. And however things "look" from where we're standing, it's kinda "end of story" unfortunately. "Does the vessel ask the potter, "Why have you created me thus?" I think is how it goes. Fair or not? Who can say?

Micah 6:8 is my favorite verse btw.

Making sense here.

I cannot fault thyself in innaction here. And can only trust in G-d.

Maybe I should live with less shame and just be. Gentle pot shots on the forums from my perspective being fair.

There will probably be a big emotional realignment again for me at some point as I internalize all this stuff.

And the frame of reference is no particular action or thing or person. It's just the short small wide long view of a mortal probably with two more decades in them at best.

I bet if I had the prescience of a diety my attitude would actually be different. Not to invalidate the present one. And the attitude that prevades America.

Going to go read Micah 6:8 )

Ty )

magnetaress
01-04-2023, 01:00 PM
ydYaph8BQkE
Yeah trying to not to going here.

Honestly I think g-d has been as kind as possible in my regards.

I know I personally cannot do / be better.

Sorry, just blurting out thoughts as they come to me. But here's some food for thought, who's to say one couldn't argue that maybe Satan even thought itself as an "advocate for the people" or "liberator of creation" would certainly address the eternal bitterness toward God better the "of course I'm the bad guy, otherwise why would I be twirling my mustache?" But still to the same end..
I don't believe Satan is evil just because. He definitely probably is bitter. Jealous. Hateful. Why would G-d make imperfect humans and love them so to give them free will? Etc.

No need to apologize to me.

magnetaress
01-04-2023, 01:08 PM
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Micah%206&version=NIV

Oh yeah. This is all making a lot of sense. I see myself in it too. I'm not above it either. Humility mercy and gratitude is the answer.

goblinmob
01-04-2023, 01:22 PM
If it makes you feel better, I believe God really admires people who ask questions! If you struggle because you don't understand something in front of you but want to, you're basically guaranteed to produce something from your toil even if it's not the answer, or what you predicted, but at least something. God didn't bring Adam each animal to just tell him what to call it, God asked Adam what Adam thought.

magnetaress
01-04-2023, 01:25 PM
If it makes you feel better, I believe God really admires people who ask questions! If you struggle because you don't understand something in front of you but want to, you're basically guaranteed to produce something from your toil even if it's not the answer, or what you predicted, but at least something. God didn't bring Adam each animal to just tell him what to call it, God asked Adam what Adam thought.

That's a nice perspective )

Thanks for sharing!

goblinmob
01-04-2023, 01:29 PM
That's a nice perspective )

Thanks for sharing!

I'm done rambling now haha!