PDA

View Full Version : New 60 enchanter, looking for suggestions (Green)

Alarria
01-03-2023, 03:36 PM
Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Just got 60 on my enchanter this past weekend during the exp. bonus. Spent a lot of time in HS killing solo and in a duo/trio and it's been great. Now, that I am 60 I am looking for some good first steps to making some money for other characters.

I did pretty well in HS, farmed a lot of Adamantite Clubs, and other stuff (spells etc). My self buffed HP/Mana is about 1400/2700, and I have most of my big spells (GoPT, VoG, Bedlam) but do not have Forlorn Deeds or Dictate quite yet.

Most of the time I would be soloing, but occasionally have a cleric friend or his wizard. I had thought of AOEing droga for faction for Chardok, but I know that is pretty camped and items have been going down in value. I am pretty sure I could solo cliff golems, but I've never tried soling in Velks or Seb.

Just looking for some suggestions, and I appreciate ahead of time any feedback or advice!

Toxigen
01-03-2023, 04:04 PM
A4 in PoM if you want to AFK a lot.

Ke-T_YrPbMk

Broodmother in Velk is popular because you can WW form around the zone if you haven't taken a faction hit.

Frenzy in Velk and NG in Sebilis are both very easy but often camped spots. NG is great because most of the plat generated there is via vendor gems.

If your cleric friend needs XP, duo ABC in Seb. Focus on clearing the upper part (armsman - truncheon and Froggy - bard helm) and then the chef / repairer room below. Lots of krup trash mobs too that all have a chance at dropping RBG. Think there are 1-2 bug spawns there in that cycle too for vendor gems. There is a safe spot on the upper floor...when facing the door to armsman room on the left by the stairs.

Lots of potentially juicy targets on the disco side too...but tons and tons of trash...no safe spots that I know of though. Probably more of a duo XP + potential loot session w/ cleric unless you want to just hold Brogg camp.

If you're handy with the stalking probe door-warp trick, you can solo Seb crypt for hiero cloaks and JBBs.

Alarria
01-03-2023, 04:20 PM
Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks a ton for the reply Toxigen!

PatChapp
01-03-2023, 05:26 PM
Chardok is still very good cash for enchanters on green,but is much much better once you have dictate.
There is a couple of good non dictate camps,but they are a bit extra hassle with the faction.
Dictate allows you to only lose faction from named mobs.
Forlorn deeds is a big help,but also not required unless you want to kill korocust
I don't think shiftless is good enough for koro,but maybe.

Alarria
01-04-2023, 01:09 PM
Thats PatChapp. Could you elaborate on the camps or named that can be done without Dictate? It's on my list to get, just can't afford it currently. I wondered about the faction part, and how people with ally faction can kill without dropping to KOS, or at least lowering it dramatically. Do you have to compensate fighting in Chardok by keeping up faction and turning in more skins/salts occasionally?

PatChapp
01-04-2023, 02:43 PM
Yeah when you faction gets down to dubious you either kill in droga or turn in more skins. It's not too bad,even doing the camps that burn faction.

You can do lots of camps without dictate, they just burn your faction a bit.
Any of the nameds in the lower dungeon are doable without,as is the graveyard, bridgekeeper etc

Dictate is required for the arch inspector/korocust room ,or you would need a million pacis to clear the placeholders.
Can't recommend dok enough,very fun zone for enchanters.

As soon as you can afford dictate,go for it. You can spend a session or 2 learning/doing the fellspine camp in sirens and it will have paid for itself.

Alarria
01-04-2023, 03:50 PM
Awesome, I really appreciate both of your tips. Easily soloed a cliff golem last night. Got Acumen! =P Was still really exciting.

PatChapp
01-04-2023, 10:53 PM
Yeah golems are fun
I used to do them when I wanted to log off,go until I die kind of thing. Sometimes no kills,sometimes get a good run

Alarria
01-05-2023, 11:52 AM
I figured out the hard way that I need to wait until the Dragoons path out at night. Even pacifying all of them, when they're in the outpost they immediately aggroed me when I was doing my Rapture > Tash > Slow> Memblur on the golem. As soon as I touch him, I get aggro.

Vivitron
01-05-2023, 01:37 PM
I figured out the hard way that I need to wait until the Dragoons path out at night. Even pacifying all of them, when they're in the outpost they immediately aggroed me when I was doing my Rapture > Tash > Slow> Memblur on the golem. As soon as I touch him, I get aggro.

If you pull the dragoon while the golem is pathed to the side the golem won't aggro even though the dragoon would have if you pulled the golem. So I've been killing the dragoon first, which isn't entirely satisfying because they're about as dangerous to an enchanter as the golems. I tend to have better luck at the east camp; dragoons path or get trained to the south too frequently.

I don't think they are good plat per hour, but sometimes I kill a few anyway as a target I can get to quickly and cr from easily.

PatChapp
01-05-2023, 03:54 PM
Yeah theyre trash on a plat per hr basis but at least they're fun and easy

Tewaz
01-06-2023, 01:44 PM
I don't know how Chardok works on green, but on blue it is hands down the best Enchanter money camp. There are 20+ named camps in the zone that are all able to be done once you get Dictate and you can hold down multiple spawns solo allowing for great earning potential. The only downside is having to spend time selling the tunnel.

PatChapp
01-06-2023, 05:52 PM
I don't know how Chardok works on green, but on blue it is hands down the best Enchanter money camp. There are 20+ named camps in the zone that are all able to be done once you get Dictate and you can hold down multiple spawns solo allowing for great earning potential. The only downside is having to spend time selling the tunnel.

It's the same on green, but I think straight plat fellspine is better. fellspine is super afk camping in comparison to dok, so just depends what you want to do

Vivitron
01-07-2023, 06:06 PM
You mentioned an sk alt in another thread; if you enjoy variety more than efficiency you might see what you can solo of the recommendations from that thread.

Once you get Dictate, Fellspine camp is both good plat/hour and something you probably want for the sk. Be careful to never take an sg faction hit.

There is probably a lot of interesting stuff for the sk that you could solo in chardok.

I'm not sure how well https://wiki.project1999.com/Ebon_Mace holds up compared to velious options but I solod one on my ench for a kunark era sk and it served him well. I think if you got a rotation of brogg and pickler it would be passable plat/hour with the chance at the bracers to sell.

I'm surprised people are currently asking so much for Dictate, I thought of it as significantly cheaper.

PatChapp
01-08-2023, 10:53 AM
I'm surprised people are currently asking so much for Dictate, I thought of it as significantly cheaper.

Now that sirens/chardok 2 are out,dictate is alot more useful than previously. Kunark era I think it's only useful for trak, but yeah the price has really shot up lately.

Tann
01-09-2023, 11:55 AM
Be careful to never take an sg faction hit.

Out of curiosity, how do you avoid taking a faction hit in sg? I know about the mermaids losing aggro if you're out of the water, does the same apply for faction hits and for the other water-based life forms?

I'd like to, if I ever hit 60 and get dictate, to get myself a neriad shawl and the more I know about that the better.

Vivitron
01-09-2023, 01:55 PM
Out of curiosity, how do you avoid taking a faction hit in sg? I know about the mermaids losing aggro if you're out of the water, does the same apply for faction hits and for the other water-based life forms?

I'd like to, if I ever hit 60 and get dictate, to get myself a neriad shawl and the more I know about that the better.

The seahorses and fish blur too if you're out of water. To avoid the faction hit though you have to /q before the target dies (or for clearing placeholders charm the ph and let it die; no faction hit when your pet dies). So charm a water locked pet, sick it on the target, and /q out on land before the target dies.

Dictate isn't strictly necessary for the shawl; Prismatica even solod one at 49 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B61xWxdda9M. I don't think staying factioned helps with the shawl, but afaict it's necessary for Fellspine solo, and makes soloing drums of the beast much much more practical. And there's no way to fix the faction once you lose it.

Alarria
01-09-2023, 02:46 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah Dictate has been consistently like 10k+, so that's kind of prohibitive but sounds worth it if you can do some camps with it. I would like to farm the SK some gear over buying it for sure!

Also, do all mobs in SG give negative faction upon death? I didn't know that all mobs needed you to /q out to not lose faction.

Toxigen
01-09-2023, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Yeah Dictate has been consistently like 10k+, so that's kind of prohibitive but sounds worth it if you can do some camps with it. I would like to farm the SK some gear over buying it for sure!

Also, do all mobs in SG give negative faction upon death? I didn't know that all mobs needed you to /q out to not lose faction.

Just do NG in sebilis til you get 10k. You don't even have to tunnelquest to sell anything. Should take like 8-10 hours.

Alarria
01-09-2023, 04:02 PM
Just do NG in sebilis til you get 10k. You don't even have to tunnelquest to sell anything. Should take like 8-10 hours.

That's a good idea, I think I will start there. Still need to pad my exp buffer out a bit as it is so I quit de-leveling when I die. Thanks Tox

PatChapp
01-09-2023, 06:17 PM

Yes all mobs require that you /q.
For fellspine camp it's easy,since the mobs don't leave the water.
You can take a couple of faction hits, I've had 2 from lag mostly and a rod click still makes me non kos. I think if I get another il need to use Collab.

Tann
01-09-2023, 09:03 PM
Since you don't take faction hits do you not get credited for the kill then? Have to wait to loot it and such?

PatChapp
01-09-2023, 09:10 PM
Since you don't take faction hits do you not get credited for the kill then? Have to wait to loot it and such?

You can loot as soon as you get back in from Ld, but that's 3 mins or so for me.
Interestingly enough you seem to get XP from the kills while Ld.

Tann
01-09-2023, 09:23 PM
Well now I gotta level up just to try stuff like this and this NG camp Tox mentioned.

https://imgur.com/vmuUSkc.gif

Toxigen
01-10-2023, 02:17 PM
Well now I gotta level up just to try stuff like this and this NG camp Tox mentioned.

https://imgur.com/vmuUSkc.gif

IMO this is sort of the "hierarchy" of the popular solo enc camps:

NG (seb) / Frenzy (velk): super easy, straightforward, can get as much buffer XP as you want if you're at the controls or can hold camp by killing 1-3 mobs. Recommended for poorly geared / new-to-solo enchanters looking to get the basics down.

ABC / Disco (Brogg): these are good options for when NG and Crypt are camped and you don't want to abandon the zone...just a bit more risk due to being deeper in, but thats what rogues are for.

HS South: its too bad the value of the drops have decreased a bit. This camp is pretty high risk for newcomers unless you have a pocket necro / SK friend for that dreaded CR. I still recommend any aspiring enc to do this at least once...at least get to the safe spot and successfully kill some nameds if nothing else but to simply check them off the solo artist list. Pet track to check other nameds...they may not be too far away to clear to.

Broodmother (if factioned): a little harder hitting but otherwise easily doable Velks camp. Being factioned makes CRs non issue. You'd think after the thousands of staves that have dropped the value would have tanked...yet here we are paying 12-18k for them still.

Crypt (seb): learn how to use stalking probes / gnome to get in. A lot of people have cleric bots parked in the safe spot and/or rogues that can go get your corpse (tip them well).

A4: best camp to learn / get used to high MR mobs, but if you watch a guide video it really takes all the guesswork out of learning it yourself. Loot can be streaky but its bonerjamz when them thrones rain down. Excellent camp if you want to do RL stuff in between clears. Take your XP death like a man on this one.

Fellspine / Drusella: if you're going for this you probably don't need any more guidance. Also if you're willing to camp Drusella longer than the next guy...its probably time to walk away from EQ for a bit.

Everything above Fellspine (Emperor Cho, Khelkar, etc) is pretty much upper solo artist challenge. Sure, they can be done...but aren't usually considered popular farm camps due to extremely high risk of death...unless you're Prismatica farming Drums like a boss.

I'm sure I missed some good ones but I'm lazy. Also didn't include Cliff Golems because I find that shit infuriating. Knock yourself out though, its zero risk.

Alarria
01-10-2023, 02:35 PM
Hell yeah, Toxigen you rock! Thanks!

I had also considered following my buddy Sugz's style and doing some 2nd floor PoHate for a Crown of Hatred and random stuff, but no chance I could pull it off like he does lol

Vivitron
01-10-2023, 02:41 PM
HS South: its too bad the value of the drops have decreased a bit. This camp is pretty high risk for newcomers unless you have a pocket necro / SK friend for that dreaded CR. I still recommend any aspiring enc to do this at least once...at least get to the safe spot and successfully kill some nameds if nothing else but to simply check them off the solo artist list. Pet track to check other nameds...they may not be too far away to clear to.

I almost posted the same about the value of HS South. Too bad; it's a fun wing. A note on the nameds here, they won't double spawn except on quakes. The people who farmed this regularly (pre velious) would intentionally spawn bad named(s) in the harder camps so that they would have a higher chance of good nameds in the camps they were farming.

PatChapp
01-10-2023, 03:26 PM
Once you do get dictate feel free to hit me up here or Niargil in game, il show you fellspine or if your factioned chardok stuff.
Just don't let on the big secret of how easy fellspine is.
I got 3 belts my first 8 hrs at that camp. Probably half a dozen corpses in that time,so not super high death rate even learning it

Alarria
01-10-2023, 03:51 PM
Once you do get dictate feel free to hit me up here or Niargil in game, il show you fellspine or if your factioned chardok stuff.
I got 3 belts my first 8 hrs at that camp. Probably half a dozen corpses in that time,so not super high death rate even learning it

Really appreciate that, thank you. It's pretty ridiculous how much Dictate is going for on Green. I saw someone selling for like 28k yesterday -_-

PatChapp
01-10-2023, 03:53 PM
Really appreciate that, thank you. It's pretty ridiculous how much Dictate is going for on Green. I saw someone selling for like 28k yesterday -_-

Yeah but you make it back as soon as you try.

Endorra
01-10-2023, 09:25 PM

I'd just like to say how nice this is of you. I'm impressed.

Back when I was learning this game, I asked people about camps and in the vast majority of cases they would refuse to help. I either figured out how to camp it on my own, or I didn't.

I remember asking guys about Felspine and they would refuse to answer. You're a really nice person to volunteer this kind of information to a stranger.

Toxigen
01-11-2023, 10:02 AM

Back when I was learning this game, I asked people about camps and in the vast majority of cases they would refuse to help. I either figured out how to camp it on my own, or I didn't.

I remember asking guys about Felspine and they would refuse to answer. You're a really nice person to volunteer this kind of information to a stranger.

confirmed, i died a shitload learning as it was "every elf for themself"

Nybras took me under his wing and I learned a ton. After that it was all systems go.

Good dude. Don't come any nicer than that.

PatChapp
01-11-2023, 02:38 PM

I appreciate that, thank you
I like showing people around, it makes it half way fun again. I showed a friend fellspine camp and he got 2 belts in a row on his first 2 respawns, wild stuff.

Alarria
01-11-2023, 02:55 PM
I appreciate that, thank you
I like showing people around, it makes it half way fun again. I showed a friend fellspine camp and he got 2 belts in a row on his first 2 respawns, wild stuff.

That's crazy RNG! Awesome for your friend, I bet that felt awesome. I was able to get Dictate yesterday, so I am excited about opening up my farming areas. Thank you again for the generosity and everyone's great info.