PDA

View Full Version : Windowed mode is so dark at night

morbliss
01-01-2023, 03:46 AM
It seems like gamma settings are not applying when in windowed mode. The game is dark in windowed mode. I can only see 10 feet infront of me at night (in game). When I hit Alt enter and go full screen the world is brighter, and I am able to see at night.

Any tricks to fix this? I really need to play in windowed mode as I reference my second monitor a lot for Project 1999 wiki.

Thank you!

metaled05
01-01-2023, 10:40 PM
Same for me also. Tried adjusting the Radeon graphics settings but it just keeps the screen fully bright even after the game is quit out.

morbliss
01-02-2023, 01:57 AM
Windowed mode is the best way to play this game.. but I need to increase the brightness in windowed mode.. Can anyone help with this bug?

loramin
01-02-2023, 11:36 AM
I don't play on Windows, but I've heard opening a second EQ can maybe fix this (and then I'm not sure if you leave it open or just close it right away?)

password
03-14-2023, 10:08 AM
I know this thread is a few months old but in case someone else finds this later, try this. It solved my problem (I couldn't see anything especially at night in innothule swamp).
Find eqgame.exe and right click on it to bring up the popup. Choose properties. Go to compatibility tab and select "Reduced Color Mode" and set it to 8-bit (256) color.