PDA

View Full Version : Obtenebrate Short Sword + Intimidation = Fun?

Encroaching Death
12-30-2022, 03:03 PM
Any Rogues mess around with Obtenebrate Short Sword (https://wiki.project1999.com/Obtenebrate_Short_Sword) + Intimidation (https://wiki.project1999.com/Skill_Instill_Doubt)?

I just learned that you can skill up Intimidation regardless of how far away you are from a mob, so methinks I'm gonna have fun with it.

Anyone have experience with fear-kiting on their Rogue? If so, is it a huge waste of time?

Snaggles
12-30-2022, 04:15 PM
its a pretty garbage spell. At least on live rogues was almost broken bad, monks seemed to get it to work on occasion.

In general if you are going to rely on RNG it's better to base it around a functional MH proc (locustlure) or like applied poison. The rest would make for a great Twitch vid but for reliability is pretty much a gimmick.

Encroaching Death
12-30-2022, 04:19 PM
its a pretty garbage spell. At least on live rogues was almost broken bad, monks seemed to get it to work on occasion.

In general if you are going to rely on RNG it's better to base it around a functional MH proc (locustlure) or like applied poison. The rest would make for a great Twitch vid but for reliability is pretty much a gimmick.

Yeah good point, and even if Intimidate worked, it would probably be better to use Spine Break (https://wiki.project1999.com/Spine_Break) poison instead of the Sword. Better snare + Good slow. Only 5p per application.

Snaggles
12-30-2022, 08:29 PM
Yea I think that would be my bet. Just melee and hope for an intimidation working. if it does you have the easiest fight of your life and worst case it's slowed and still likely a success.

Encroaching Death
12-30-2022, 08:34 PM
On a similar note, I still haven't mastered the solo Backstab yet.

I saw a video of someone doing it. He got off like 2 or 3 a fight.

Cecily
01-04-2023, 06:08 AM
Utility procs on rogue have always disappointed me tbh. You lose a lot of DPS waiting for them to work compared to your regular weapons. I've found Locustlure a massive waste of money. Either I'm DPSing worse and taking more damage trying to take less damage or I'm DPSing worse and my tank is taking more damage while I'm trying to help them take less damage. Still waiting on it to save the day. Snare procs are amazing for fleeing mobs in a group setting. If you're relying on them to help you fear kite, it's gonna suck is pretty much the tl;dr. 255 dex might be a different story, but I've never geared for it. Intimidation success rate is pretty terrible, too.

Trelaboon
01-08-2023, 03:40 PM
Utility procs on rogue have always disappointed me tbh. You lose a lot of DPS waiting for them to work compared to your regular weapons. I've found Locustlure a massive waste of money. Either I'm DPSing worse and taking more damage trying to take less damage or I'm DPSing worse and my tank is taking more damage while I'm trying to help them take less damage. Still waiting on it to save the day. Snare procs are amazing for fleeing mobs in a group setting. If you're relying on them to help you fear kite, it's gonna suck is pretty much the tl;dr. 255 dex might be a different story, but I've never geared for it. Intimidation success rate is pretty terrible, too.

Agreed. Any time I try and use a locustlure to solo, I do worse than when I just used my pure DPS setup. Occasionally I’ll have an early proc, but in general, over the course of say 10 mobs, i kill slower and have more downtime.