PDA

View Full Version : What did you get or give for Christmas?

PRogers
12-27-2022, 10:59 AM
Or whatever you celebrate around the winter solstice.
Get:
I got a box of twinkies from my mom.
A 20 from my dad. lol

Give:
Dice from roman legionnaires gaming kit 1st century bc
Charmander shoes

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 11:04 AM
I gave a bunch of stuff. Like tea cups. Jewlery. A solar charger. Alcohol. Snacks. Blankets. A big hobby cart.

I got a nice robe. Blankets. A bracelet. And floofy socks.

I think everyone got blankets this year. Plus other stuff. Honestly I forgot already about the specifics. Ppl seemed happy. Most gift where practical! Butt related to ppls hobbies and interests.

Oh the oddball gift I got butt will use is a small personal air purifier. Was pretty thought full honestly cuz I always struggle with allergies and coughing this time of year.

unsunghero
12-27-2022, 11:22 AM
Cool topic idea OP

I got this new gaming chair since mine was pretty ratty. Not a huge fan of the name because “NextGen” is a popular healthcare record keeping software that mine and other agencies use. So every time I see it I’m reminded of charting, which is everyone’s least favorite work activity in healthcare :/

Not gonna post at what I gave since I suck at giving gifts and just copy whatever someone asks for to the letter because I don’t like to spend too much time or thought on it

I’m really struggling to figure out what to give this gal I dating. Had an extra week bc she visiting family out of state last wknd. So far just a bath bomb set from bath and bodyworks but will try to hit up a Kohl’s if I can for maybe a fuzzy blanket or some home decor item :/

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 11:22 AM
Got: several veneral diseases

Gave: several veneral diseases

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 11:25 AM
Cool topic idea OP

I got this new gaming chair since mine was pretty ratty. Not a huge fan of the name because “NextGen” is a popular healthcare record keeping software that mine and other agencies use. So every time I see it I’m reminded of charting, which is everyone’s least favorite work activity in healthcare :/

Not gonna post at what I gave since I suck at giving gifts and just copy whatever someone asks for to the letter because I don’t like to spend too much time or thought on it

I’m really struggling to figure out what to give this gal I dating. Had an extra week bc she visiting family out of state last wknd. So far just a bath bomb set from bath and bodyworks but will try to hit up a Kohl’s if I can for maybe a fuzzy blanket or some home decor item :/
Probably because the method of charting is dumb and not at all automated nowadays.

And over done. Like charting normal results or unchanged results is totally dumb. Instead of just the important things. Or changes. Like actual changes. Not temperature varies 4 degrees.

Anyway u should just put a shawl over the logo.

Botten
12-27-2022, 12:00 PM
Exciting times working with University of Tokyo on synthetic DNA. We are messing with microRNA made by cancer cells. Seeing some awesome results.

Although if people flip out if we induce an RNA reaction in them they will certainly flip out if we try a synthetic DNA approach.

MrSparkle001
12-27-2022, 12:01 PM
Gave: A date night for two with champagne at a glassblowing class.

Received: Dress shirt, two sweaters, assorted pack of fun lip balm (for kissable lips she said), new leather wallet, chocolate and champagne tasting for two, trip to winery, two ballroom dance lessons.

I gotta step up my gift-giving game lol.

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 12:06 PM

Received: Dress shirt, two sweaters, assorted pack of fun lip balm (for kissable lips she said), new leather wallet, chocolate and champagne tasting for two, trip to winery, two ballroom dance lessons.

I gotta step up my gift-giving game lol.
Damn u made like a bandit.

Next year I want to give jars of canned survival food that doesn't require refrigeration and flint knapping kits and guides to everyone. :o

unsunghero
12-27-2022, 12:09 PM

Sweet idea, may copy it one day

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 12:10 PM
Exciting times working with University of Tokyo on synthetic DNA. We are messing with microRNA made by cancer cells. Seeing some awesome results.

Although if people flip out if we induce an RNA reaction in them they will certainly flip out if we try a synthetic DNA approach.

Naw. I honestly appreciate the technohell accelerationism leading to store bought gene boutique for our children so they don't fall behind.

This shit will be lit.

And as they say. If not you. Someone else will. May as well do the cancer research now while u still can get funding for it over weaponizing a species. Or lower class.

Reiwa
12-27-2022, 12:17 PM
Got: several veneral diseases

Gave: several veneral diseases

I will get you spelling lessons next year!!

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 12:19 PM
Subscription to grammarly dot com.

PRogers
12-27-2022, 12:28 PM
Cool topic idea OP

Give something that says "I know you." and that is the best gift you can give.
Like whats her hobbie? Whats she always complain about in the house or car? Etc Something that shows you've been paying attention.

PRogers
12-27-2022, 12:30 PM

leave my nucleic acids alone! Hands off my DNA! Dobby should remain a fictional character!

Reiwa
12-27-2022, 12:32 PM
leave my nucleic acids alone! Hands off my DNA! Dobby should remain a fictional character!

https://i.imgur.com/wILsCEk.png

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 12:52 PM
I will get you spelling lessons next year!!

I dunno how to spell em, just know how to spread em (in more ways than one)