PDA

View Full Version : Human Innoruuk Necro Gate Spell Oversight

ShampooChicken
12-23-2022, 01:02 PM
The Freeport necro guild does not sell Gate. The casters and paladin guilds in Freeport who sell it are dubious. The casters guild in Neriak is threateningly. The cleric guild in Neriak is dubious until you do the faction quest, then you can buy it at apprehensive.

Human Innoruuk necros are the only necros who can't buy Gate at their guildhall.

Jimjam
12-23-2022, 01:09 PM
East gate hates the gate!

Chortles Snortles
12-23-2022, 05:56 PM
imagine having to ask another player for help
(lol)

Videri
12-23-2022, 07:32 PM
You can also buy a gem, like a Jade or Peridot, drop-transfer it to a level 1 cleric, buy yourself Gate, and drop transfer the Gate scroll to your necro. Even roleplayers should be able to explain that as a shady transaction.

PatChapp
12-23-2022, 08:31 PM
Human innoruuk cleric can't buy spells at all until they do they do the faction quest.

magnetaress
12-23-2022, 11:46 PM
You can buy everything you need in Neriak.

tadkins
12-24-2022, 06:11 PM
Human innoruuk cleric can't buy spells at all until they do they do the faction quest.

I'm fairly certain they start apprehensive with the Temple of Marr, so that is an option.

Doing the faction quest and purchasing them from the Innoruuk priests is definitely more fitting though.

PatChapp
12-24-2022, 08:31 PM
I'm fairly certain they start apprehensive with the Temple of Marr, so that is an option.

Doing the faction quest and purchasing them from the Innoruuk priests is definitely more fitting though.
They start glowers in nfp, I thought it was hilarious and very fitting the evil healer meme

tadkins
12-24-2022, 08:37 PM
They start glowers in nfp, I thought it was hilarious and very fitting the evil healer meme

Did you test that just now? i imagine the 50% faction bonus will make some things a bit screwy atm

PatChapp
12-24-2022, 08:40 PM
I did not test this since I made my cleric about a year ago.

tadkins
12-24-2022, 08:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/QzUpTrE.jpg

Can confirm that human Inny clerics start as apprehensive to the Marr factions in NFP.

magnetaress
12-25-2022, 01:13 PM
That is correct. Both innorruuk and Berty clerics are infiltators. Not widely respected or openly worshipped sects.

Think satanic priests masquerading as catholics or rebel televangelists. Or secret political advisors with connections to both the priest hood and powerful people in order to manipulate events to their g-ds favour.

Arakash
12-26-2022, 12:16 AM
The Freeport necro guild does not sell Gate. The casters and paladin guilds in Freeport who sell it are dubious. The casters guild in Neriak is threateningly. The cleric guild in Neriak is dubious until you do the faction quest, then you can buy it at apprehensive.

Human Innoruuk necros are the only necros who can't buy Gate at their guildhall.

Similarly, Human Bertoxxulous Necros can't buy their shield spells in their guild hall either.

Jimjam
12-26-2022, 04:22 AM
Are they missing a generic spell vendor which should be there or is it a classic lack of spells for this guild (no guild ever has a full suite of spells)?

With the revamp to freeport on live this may not be easy to check. Maybe the pirate monster mission can open a window into the old zone.

Arakash
12-27-2022, 01:48 PM
Are they missing a generic spell vendor which should be there or is it a classic lack of spells for this guild (no guild ever has a full suite of spells)?

With the revamp to freeport on live this may not be easy to check. Maybe the pirate monster mission can open a window into the old zone.

Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.

tadkins
12-27-2022, 05:00 PM
Not sure about Freeport but I remember the Bloodsaber guild not having shield spells in classic.

IIRC, it was even tougher on human enchanters of bertoxxulous in Qeynos. They had to run to Freeport to get their spells (they could drop transfer/ have a friend buy them etc. but that compromises the RP aspect.) since most of the enchanter spells weren't available in the bertox guild hall and faction wouldn't allow them to buy anything from the Order of Three spell vendors.

I think it is one of those things that makes playing an evil character in a good city tougher but for some of us a bit more rewarding.

I considered a human Bertoxx enchanter at one point. Being a brainwasher for the cult, luring people down into the sewers to be turned into minions or sacrificed, etc etc. Seems like a really flavorful idea for a character.

Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).

As far as getting spells goes, I'm fairly certain they start apprehensive with the Order of Three so they actually can buy spells. But if not, it'd be pretty RP appropriate to manipulate players in the game to buy them for you. :)

loramin
12-27-2022, 05:03 PM
Damn I wish this game had more meaningful deity stuff. It'd be cool to have an actual tangible reason to pick deities on enchanters (besides what the Tunareans get).

Amen. I think more deity-specific quests/items/tradeskill recipes (for all classes) would be an amazing candidate for future Blue custom content.

magnetaress
12-29-2022, 11:27 AM
Amen. I think more deity-specific quests/items/tradeskill recipes (for all classes) would be an amazing candidate for future Blue custom content.

Purple 99 where everything is tradeskilled.

Maybe raw hide and ringmail and bronze stay.

pink grapefruit
03-13-2023, 10:14 PM
My Bertoxx enchanter on red was able to buy spells from the above-ground losers in Qeynos. Not classic? Merchants were apprehensive.

Solist
03-14-2023, 03:09 AM

What are you talkingg about? That is the most liked faction and race class combo in the game. You can go almost anywhere in the world instantly.

Jimjam
03-15-2023, 10:42 AM
This seems to be a classic issue. The 'generic spell vendor' (gates, shields, cancel magics, etc) seems to have been missing. A cursory look at archived Zam pages seems to show there were two vendors selling the gather shadows type list (perhaps one for sk, one for necro... or one of these were meant to be outfitted with generic spells?).

https://web.archive.org/web/20020803111713/http://eq.castersrealm.com:80/spells/spell.asp?Id=377

A poster on eq.castersrealm.com claims "The evil vendors in east freeport do not have this spell. If anyone knows different please correct me and list the name of the spell vendor who has it. Only place I know that freeport necro can buy this spell is the DE city:)"

Thuwyth
04-04-2023, 10:07 AM
How's the rep over in Paineel? The spells are available there. It's a long trip, but I know some of the spells aren't available in Qeynos either.

Mammoth
05-22-2023, 11:11 AM
You can also buy a gem, like a Jade or Peridot, drop-transfer it to a level 1 cleric, buy yourself Gate, and drop transfer the Gate scroll to your necro. Even roleplayers should be able to explain that as a shady transaction.

This is what I ended up doing with my Human Inny Necro after spending an hour looking for it and not knowing it was a preexisting issue. Oh well.

I suppose it was worth it - I've always been a sucker for the dingy, scummy slums of East Freeport and I've always been disappointed that there wasn't more content involving the Dismal Rage faction.