PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Energy

Smoofers
12-14-2022, 12:49 PM
Middle east cucks on suicide watch.

Hope those sovereign wealth funds are enough to sustain you after your only card is played out.

Skarne
12-14-2022, 12:56 PM
sir this is a wendy's

Reiwa
12-14-2022, 01:00 PM
sir this is a wendy's

Can I get a double order of submissive and breedable tritium?

Lune
12-14-2022, 01:14 PM
This is not the proof of concept for fusion power that ad-farmer articles are saying it is. Fusion power, if it's even possible with technology we can imagine, is probably more than 60 years away, barring the creation of sentient artificial intelligence.

The fusion reaction produced more energy than the 2mJ laser input, but the lasers drew over 200 mJ from the grid to get that input. Fusion in a star happens under incredible pressure and temperature, located at the bottom of an enormous gravity well. The immense gravity of the sun is holding the hydrogen together very densely in a way that facilitates fusion, which is extremely difficult to even partly replicate on Earth.

Seconded about the middle east cucks though.

Botten
12-14-2022, 01:14 PM
-If by steam, we lose energy on the way we transfer it to usable power.
-How are we containing the plasma. At least with the Tokamak reactor an AI has made great strides controlling the magnet shielding needed.
-All we have is a means of ignition at this point (still big)
-50% of the nation doesn't like to progress and will continue to love their gas guzzlers.

Realistically ... maybe 20 to 30 years before the reactor is running.

but through the power of media we could probably hype it up enough to get the Middle East to freak out one way or the other.

a. Either sell us the oil we want cheaper or we will go harder into researching fusion for our vehicles and to keep the EU warm for coming years. I am sure Japan is sick of nuclear reactors too.

b. Or freak out and by up all the research in it now, slow the progress and manipulate all you can to get top dollar for the oil they are selling now

I just hope we continue to buy Venezuela oil in the mean time to refine.
I see China has a glut of oil from Russia they are now reselling too.

Smoofers
12-14-2022, 01:44 PM
Decades of remaining R&D time is assuming current levels of funding and interest, as well as rate of technological advancement (which is very nonlinear). This may turn into a new arms race.

Jibartik
12-14-2022, 01:47 PM
sir this is a wendy's

This is one fucked up wendy's.

Jibartik
12-14-2022, 01:50 PM
I just hope we continue to buy Venezuela oil in the mean time to refine.
I see China has a glut of oil from Russia they are now reselling too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign_involvement_in_the_Venezuelan_presidential _crisis

We destablize venezuela and now you want to go in and buy up all their oil?

This is the modern democrat now?

Sure hope someone destroys america sooner or later.

Lune
12-14-2022, 02:26 PM
Decades of remaining R&D time is assuming current levels of funding and interest, as well as rate of technological advancement (which is very nonlinear). This may turn into a new arms race.

True

magnetaress
12-14-2022, 02:30 PM
Fake news.

Still betting on the Japs to do their fancy fusion/hydrogen cracking thing. Especially for heavy industrial. Not automobiles tho.

Nibblewitz
12-14-2022, 03:49 PM
A step in the right direction for actual green energy.

Doubtful this technology will become portable enough to rival the capacitance of fossil fuels.

Basanos
12-14-2022, 04:04 PM
Middle east cucks on suicide watch.

Hope those sovereign wealth funds are enough to sustain you after your only card is played out.That's no way to talk about America's most reliable conservative allies outside of Israel

magnetaress
12-14-2022, 04:07 PM
Dry fallen dead trees. Dried excrement. And animal fats are the perfect green energy solutions engineered by g-d and forged thru nature and we cannot even come close.

The problem with those solutions is that they don't power rockets and war machines in their immediate forms. And cannot sustain high population densities let alone billions of people.

The siberian yakut gets by just fine with them though.

reznor_
12-14-2022, 04:24 PM
Some interesting takes in this thread.

Anyway, cool that they managed to breakeven, but as was mentioned it took a whole lot of external power to focus 2.1 MJ (return was 3.1 MJ), (by the way, mega is M, milli is m).

The biggest thing you need to remember is the type of fusion device -- the breakthrough occurred with inertial confinement fusion, where lasers are focused into a tiny area and compress a ball of fuel, causing fusion (the real answer takes longer to type out and I'm on a short break). How is that scaled up to production? Giant lasers on a giant ball of fuel? That answer is unknown and will take time to figure out.

The other type of fusion is the magnetic confinement, which is probably most well known. The Tokamak style of device uses high magnetic fields to contain a plasma, which is approximately 200 million Kelvin. That's the ITER plant, being built right now. Their theoretical return is 10x the input, which would be really cool. The thought is that the size of the thing (which is massive compared to any other fusion test device) may help with that.

There's also the even more pressing challenge of materials. Just imagine: you have a superheated, 200 million K plasma about a foot away from supercooled, superconducting magnets, which are around 4 K, separated by a magnetic field and some steel. The material degradation is immense, thermophysical stresses are incredible, and that's not even counting the particle flux from the plasma, the damage it causes to the structure (neutron and ion bombardment displace the atomic lattice and cause embrittlement among a host of other phenomena).

The good news is that yeah, fusion is still probably 50-100 years away, so we have some time to solve the material problems. If you take anything away from my response, it should be this: materials are always the weakest point, even moreso than physics and mathematics. I do hope that fusion becomes a reality, it might happen when I'm near death or dead -- hoping the world is around long enough for that to happen.

As an aside, it was an interesting point about AI help -- that might be more promising than I think. For now, we'll keep working on materials research to help stand up to these extreme environments. I'm hoping the next couple fission reactors built will help restore some confidence in the nuclear field, they are a great stopgap against fossil fuels, when combined correctly.

Danth
12-14-2022, 04:35 PM
Realistically ... maybe 20 to 30 years before the reactor is running.

They've been saying that since before I was born. It's always twenty or thirty years off. Somehow the decades keep going by and it never gets any closer. I'm a huge proponent of development of new forms of energy, especially fusion or antimatter-based energy, but it'll get here when it gets here. I suspect one of those things will lead to the other anyhow. We need it if our species is ever going to get off this rock and get to a better existence.

I do hope that fusion becomes a reality, it might happen when I'm near death or dead

I've believed for awhile that we live during an era that future history will kind of gloss over as "boring." We've long since finished the first Age of Exploration and aren't quite arriving at the next, yet. Today amounts to the boring filler between the exciting bits.

Danth

Barik
12-14-2022, 04:39 PM
Hi, welcome to Chili's

Barik
12-14-2022, 04:40 PM
A step in the right direction for actual green energy.

Doubtful this technology will become portable enough to rival the capacitance of fossil fuels.

Pretty much this.

Jimjam
12-14-2022, 04:45 PM
Best way to harness fusion is a solar panel. Or as M sez eat a plant and burn the excreta.

MrSparkle001
12-14-2022, 05:31 PM
This is great. I've been waiting for this since 1985.

https://j.gifs.com/mLPLOa.gif

Botten
12-14-2022, 05:38 PM
Nuclear Fusion Will Change Everything. Really. (https://www.laprogressive.com/science-and-religion-2/nuclear-fusion)

@Jib

The announcement of a stable fusion reaction is a really big deal, maybe the biggest deal any of us will hear about in our lifetimes. The only thing bigger might be the discovery of intelligent extraterrestrial life. (Never mind the jokes.)

Current projections are for fusion-power distribution in around 20-30 years, although the Biden administration has set a goal of providing a commercially viable plant in 10.

And I love edgy talk directed at Saudi Arabia. Need Saudis to get concerned even when in reality fusion isn't ready and won't be for a bit.

The world’s geo-political structure and economic order will change profoundly. Countries that are now politically important because of their accidental fossil-fuel supplies—their power derives from their power—will no longer be gatekeepers or be able to influence geo-politics in the way they can now by withholding; once-dependent nations will then be free to tell the Adnan Khashoggi-killing Saudis to stuff it and the homophobic Qataris to pound hot sand. Fossil fuel providing nations’ revenues will contract.

Kaveh
12-14-2022, 10:02 PM
Fake news.

Still betting on the Japs to do their fancy fusion/hydrogen cracking thing. Especially for heavy industrial. Not automobiles tho.

I definitely think it will be the Japanese who figure this out first

reznor_
12-14-2022, 10:22 PM
Fake news.

The USA has plans for this, hydrogen production via nuclear power, in fact, most of the world does. It's not restricted to Japanese, sorry if this isn't Kawaii enough for you.

Reiwa
12-14-2022, 10:34 PM
Am I wrong about the tritium thing? There isn't enough in the world to run a single fusion plant at this time.

Jibartik
12-14-2022, 10:42 PM
its taken so long to get fusion working because the aliens that crashed in roswell and told us about it knew we had no way of figuring it out anytime soon.

reznor_
12-15-2022, 02:26 PM
Am I wrong about the tritium thing? There isn't enough in the world to run a single fusion plant at this time.

That’s actually a good question. I’m not sure how adequate current tritium stocks are, but it’s quite easy to produce. What’s done now is to insert lithium aluminate targets in a regular fission power reactor, and create tritium from the neutron reactions with lithium. I have a feeling that it could be mass produced pretty easily. We make it in great quantities to keep the fusion triggers on our nuclear weapons primed and ready, since it’s got a half life of about 12 years.

Smoofers
12-15-2022, 02:55 PM
I've believed for awhile that we live during an era that future history will kind of gloss over as "boring." We've long since finished the first Age of Exploration and aren't quite arriving at the next, yet. Today amounts to the boring filler between the exciting bits.
Danth

Exploration is happening in computing, artificial intelligence, and medicine. We're approaching an inflection point with AI in particular.

unsunghero
12-15-2022, 02:58 PM
Exploration is happening in computing, artificial intelligence, and medicine. We're approaching an inflection point with AI in particular.

I just hope to live long enough for the crisis of sex robots going rogue and killing people

Smoofers
12-15-2022, 03:09 PM
Honestly with the advances in AI, brain-chip interfaces, and robotics, we're not very far away from tech like in the movie Surrogate.

Jibartik
12-15-2022, 03:11 PM
we live in the atomic age 2 and will end up all being poor and unhappy when we enter the atomic age 3 just like we are now

Smoofers
12-15-2022, 03:27 PM
There will always be poor people, and people will never be happy. It's the human condition.

Lemonhead
12-15-2022, 04:03 PM
This is not the proof of concept for fusion power that ad-farmer articles are saying it is. Fusion power, if it's even possible with technology we can imagine, is probably more than 60 years away, barring the creation of sentient artificial intelligence.

The fusion reaction produced more energy than the 2mJ laser input, but the lasers drew over 200 mJ from the grid to get that input. Fusion in a star happens under incredible pressure and temperature, located at the bottom of an enormous gravity well. The immense gravity of the sun is holding the hydrogen together very densely in a way that facilitates fusion, which is extremely difficult to even partly replicate on Earth.

Seconded about the middle east cucks though.

The other thing is, the fusion in the sun is just barely possible. It happens very sparsely. And the actual heat produced is similar to a compost heap. So, we have to beat the sun by leaps and bounds... As others have said, I highly doubt this is the one.

Basanos
12-15-2022, 04:17 PM
There will always be poor people, and people will never be happy. It's the human condition.That's an arrogant outlook

Lemonhead
12-15-2022, 04:20 PM
There will always be poor people, and people will never be happy. It's the human condition.

Not true. That is a solvable problem. Happiness is nothing more than just the right chems and dna and physical structure in the brain. We'll have that licked before fusion. Machine learning + more and more genomic data is accelerating our knowledge, Plus MLs going after protein structures.

Smoofers
12-15-2022, 04:27 PM
Not true. That is a solvable problem. Happiness is nothing more than just the right chems and dna and physical structure in the brain. We'll have that licked before fusion. Machine learning + more and more genomic data is accelerating our knowledge, Plus MLs going after protein structures.

At that point you're talking about a different organism, though. That fixes the symptom but destroys what makes us human.

Being unhappy isn't a bad thing - it's arguably been the main driver for all of our progress. If all people are perfectly content, that what reason is there to continue growing?

Basanos
12-15-2022, 04:48 PM
Ever experienced poverty?

Jibartik
12-16-2022, 01:03 AM
bros we had the wagon like 3 grandpa's ago talking about ending all human sadness gimi a break.

Jibartik
12-16-2022, 01:37 AM
Here's your fusion energy

tJprl2Qlq8k

Reiwa
12-16-2022, 02:07 AM
Here's your fusion energy

tJprl2Qlq8k

Hmm yes man-made horrors beyond my comprehension. :o

magnetaress
12-16-2022, 12:04 PM
Yeah butt pregnancy is hard.

~a biological male :p :o

It's funny you guys post this because I was thinking about this all night last night. There was a show where this lady had to give birth and I'm like Jesus these guys are sci fi why not just clone the runt in a vat, going thru this all natural seemed out of place for tech level of the show itself. Like they wouldn't even let her have a natural baby with nanomachines and replicators and genetic engineering and shit.

The ultimate form of efficiency is producing soldiers and drones fully formed and ready to go.

Also like sex is icky so u could have babies without having to really have biological sex with ppl and risk herpes and shit.

Jibartik
12-16-2022, 12:09 PM
Fusion energy is too powerful for individuals to have access to it for free - also all the infrastructure the oil people put into building the system, it would be unfair to them if we just gave it all away for free.

So we should probably create some kind of law that lets the oil companies have control of the fusion energy.

Jibartik
12-18-2022, 06:46 AM
PJgfzVa-qmA

v9rZOa3CUC8

Everyone is a member and this is the leader LOL who is this guy wtf does he get to be president of earth? I didnt elect this MF'er dude did you?

https://i.imgur.com/Ga5vlVD.png

Reiwa
12-18-2022, 10:39 AM
Everyone is a member and this is the leader LOL who is this guy wtf does he get to be president of earth? I didnt elect this MF'er dude did you?

Klaus is a Knight, which is the lowest rank. (https://www.sovereign-order.uk/hall-of-sovereign-knights)

Here's Ron, he's a Grand Commander.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/ae2b9a_e6815161240b48d3a8cb9e395f41a94f~mv2.jpg/v1/crop/x_86,y_0,w_389,h_560/fill/w_292,h_420,al_c,q_80,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01,enc_auto/RON%20SINDELAR.jpg

Reiwa
12-18-2022, 10:43 AM
Anyway they're just making new markets to sell stuff to. You can't really sell someone an iphone without them having access to electricity to charge it. And so on.

magnetaress
12-18-2022, 11:02 AM

https://media.tenor.com/MzG0x6RyiWEAAAAC/danna-alquati-satanic.gif

Jibartik
12-18-2022, 12:20 PM
Anyway they're just making new markets to sell stuff to. You can't really sell someone an iphone without them having access to electricity to charge it. And so on.

The psychology of assumption gives the king all the power.

I should definitely not care even though we're going through massive economic crisis and they are enjoying it, saying its an opportunity, and their plan is to sell me genetic engineering and climate lockdowns as a solution.

Reiwa
12-18-2022, 12:40 PM
The psychology of assumption gives the king all the power.

I should definitely not care even though we're going through massive economic crisis and they are enjoying it, saying its an opportunity, and their plan is to sell me genetic engineering and climate lockdowns as a solution.

Nah I mean like the Africa investments. Like the TVA but for the Great Rift Valley.

Soon they will buy the iphones and all the world will be Steve.

So we've got that going for us, which is nice.

Jibartik
12-18-2022, 12:55 PM
The problem is their global economic plan they know will destroy the globe: unless we all live as robots in their matrix system.

They are behaving as one elected goverment, and they are following the direction of an unelected genius they all admire to a point it goes beyond admiration.

They're having governments create economic incentives for corporations and banks that follow his model.

The idea that we're just letting this all happen gives me a HUGE ERRECTION.

magnetaress
12-18-2022, 02:31 PM
The problem is their global economic plan they know will destroy the globe: unless we all live as robots in their matrix system.

They are behaving as one elected goverment, and they are following the direction of an unelected genius they all admire to a point it goes beyond admiration.

They're having governments create economic incentives for corporations and banks that follow his model.

The idea that we're just letting this all happen gives me a HUGE ERRECTION.

Jibartik
12-18-2022, 07:15 PM
lV8C7hYdzj8

goblinmob
12-18-2022, 09:58 PM
Klaus lol! Just the name "Klaus" like, the hell?

Jibartik
12-19-2022, 02:01 AM
Klaus lol! Just the name "Klaus" like, the hell?

thats a lovely bull you have there.. on your podum infront of your space.. jacket.

https://i.imgur.com/15UR6bo.png

https://i.imgur.com/MaZh2EN.png

Reiwa
12-19-2022, 11:37 AM
https://i.imgur.com/MaZh2EN.png

A little bird told me the EU is actually illegal.

Jibartik
12-19-2022, 11:39 AM
Father and son go into an insurance co:

insurance: Do you want cheaper insurance if we put a sensor in your car to charge you more if we think you're driving unsafe?

no thanks

oh look, we changed our payment system, this is mandatory now.

"Just do it dad, Im a weaponized drone because of the ipad."

Reiwa
12-19-2022, 02:16 PM
Are we in the prelude to a Masonic brainmelting session btw?

Jibartik
12-19-2022, 02:29 PM
Are we in the prelude to a Masonic brainmelting

In real life?

Absolutely.

Ooloo
12-24-2022, 08:08 PM
Carbon is absorbed by plants, who then produce oxygen. The ozone layer is stronger than ever, smog hasn't been a thing since the 1970's when engines became much more efficient (well, outside of china cause they don't give a shit about pollution). The earth has been both vastly hotter and vastly colder than it currently is multiple times throughout it's history, long before humans even existed. What, exactly, is the fear of the climate activists? They can never quite specify it, they only know that their meal ticket depends on everyone living in a state of paranoia, while they also shit all over nuclear energy. Fuck fusion, currently-available fission is light years cleaner than fossile fuels *and* hippie-dippy windmills by every conceivable metric.

If AOC came out with a documentary about the merits of nuclear energy my respect for her would increase by about ten billion percent.

Botten
12-24-2022, 10:00 PM
Carbon is absorbed by plants, who then produce oxygen. The ozone layer is stronger than ever, smog hasn't been a thing since the 1970's when engines became much more efficient (well, outside of china cause they don't give a shit about pollution). The earth has been both vastly hotter and vastly colder than it currently is multiple times throughout it's history, long before humans even existed. What, exactly, is the fear of the climate activists? They can never quite specify it, they only know that their meal ticket depends on everyone living in a state of paranoia, while they also shit all over nuclear energy. Fuck fusion, currently-available fission is light years cleaner than fossile fuels *and* hippie-dippy windmills by every conceivable metric.

If AOC came out with a documentary about the merits of nuclear energy my respect for her would increase by about ten billion percent.

- Plants are not absorbing as much carbon as we are producing. At this rate, it would take 640 trees per person to account for all American emissions (https://climate.mit.edu/ask-mit/how-many-new-trees-would-we-need-offset-our-carbon-emissions)

- oxygen use to be abandonment but now only comprises about 21 percent of Earth's atmosphere

-Top 10 Countries with the Worst Air Pollution - PM2.5 exposure (µg/m³) - IQ Air 2020

Bangladesh - 77.10
Pakistan - 59.00
India - 51.90
Mongolia - 46.60
Afghanistan - 46.50
Oman - 44.40
Qatar - 44.30
Kyrgyzstan - 43.50
Indonesia - 40.70
Bonsia & Hezegovina - 40.60

- Earth Hasn’t Warmed This Fast in Tens of Millions of Years (https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/earth-hasnt-warmed-this-fast-in-tens-of-millions-of-years/)

- What, exactly, is the fear of the climate activists?
The Earth’s surface temperature has already increased by nearly 1.2C compared with the average in 1850–1900 and we are perfectly on track to reach the much feared 1.5C threshold between 2026 and 2042 in a scenario where emissions are not rapidly reduced. (https://earth.org/tipping-points-of-climate-change/)

- Fission -> The United States does not currently recycle spent nuclear fuel. (https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/5-fast-facts-about-spent-nuclear-fuel) We store in the ground some places are very very contaminated.

- average onshore wind turbine rated at 2.5 – 3 megawatts can produce in excess of 6 million kWh every year. A 3.6 MW offshore turbine may double that. (https://www.inspirecleanenergy.com/blog/clean-energy-101/how-much-energy-does-wind-turbine-produce)

Conclusion: Ooloo you are a bad person when you ignorantly share your opinion and Ben Shapiro like debate. Conservatives like you are literally the problem.

---Oh and here loved your girl getting destroyed on her last dismissed lawsuit.

Kari Lake’s Lawyers RUTHLESSLY HUMILIATED at Evidentiary Hearing
n8d--xvgnQ4

Reiwa
12-24-2022, 10:55 PM
oxygen use to be abandonment but now only comprises about 21 percent of Earth's atmosphere

---Oh and here loved your girl getting destroyed on her last dismissed lawsuit.

Kari Lake’s Lawyers RUTHLESSLY HUMILIATED at Evidentiary Hearing
n8d--xvgnQ4

When was oxygen more abundant than 21%? The Triassic period?

Didn't click but doesn't she get an appeal to a higher court?

We'll see if printing fake ballots is justiciable I guess...

Nibblewitz
12-24-2022, 11:29 PM
Ersatz progress

Nibblewitz
12-24-2022, 11:35 PM
If the Paris climate accord was followed, the average household would not have electricity nor running water.

Ooloo
12-25-2022, 01:33 PM
Lol botten posting the equivalent of political national enquirer

Kari lake is a smoking hot milf with a way better platform in every way than cat-mom katie hobbs who literally wouldn't even debate her. Gloating over a terrible candidate winning instead of a much better candidate isn't a great look.

Can't wait to see what brilliant policies katie hobbs has in store! Maybe she can destroy arizona like every other dem controlled state and city! Let's give hobo-piss san fran a run for it's money, cmon now.

Encroaching Death
12-25-2022, 04:01 PM
thats a lovely bull you have there.. on your podum infront of your space.. jacket.

https://i.imgur.com/15UR6bo.png

Moloch? Who is that? hehe

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/Moloch_the_god.gif

Reiwa
12-25-2022, 06:32 PM
Moloch? Who is that? hehe

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/98/Moloch_the_god.gif

Google says Luke

Encroaching Death
12-25-2022, 07:03 PM
Google says Luke

Google worships Moloch too. Yes, the actual search engine worships Moloch.

Botten
12-25-2022, 08:31 PM
Lol botten posting the equivalent of political national enquirer

Kari lake is a smoking hot milf with a way better platform in every way than cat-mom katie hobbs who literally wouldn't even debate her. Gloating over a terrible candidate winning instead of a much better candidate isn't a great look.

Can't wait to see what brilliant policies katie hobbs has in store! Maybe she can destroy arizona like every other dem controlled state and city! Let's give hobo-piss san fran a run for it's money, cmon now.

You are as fail as Kati Lake.
Your Ben Shapiro statics and method of debate fail worse.

You know nothing of science and constantly argue against research.

You help frame the stereotype that most Republican are uneducated.

Great job Baler!

Nibblewitz
12-25-2022, 08:52 PM
Science? You mean the 2-sigma experiments that don’t get replicated? Or are you talking about the soft-science grievance studies that do fuck all for society?

Reiwa
12-25-2022, 09:15 PM
2-sigma

🍆💦

Botten
12-25-2022, 10:32 PM
Science? You mean the 2-sigma experiments that don’t get replicated? Or are you talking about the soft-science grievance studies that do fuck all for society?

Because an uneducated Republican in denial holds more credibility than educated specialists.

97 percent – agree that humans are causing global warming and climate change. Most of the leading science organizations around the world have issued public statements expressing this, including international and U.S. science academies, the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, and a whole host of reputable scientific bodies around the world

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

Aren’t you missing a Qanon meeting or a white nationalist meeting?

Encroaching Death
12-25-2022, 11:57 PM
Because an uneducated Republican in denial holds more credibility than educated specialists.

https://climate.nasa.gov/faq/17/do-scientists-agree-on-climate-change/

Aren’t you missing a Qanon meeting or a white nationalist meeting?

Appealing to popularity.

97% agreed with Nazism in 1938 Germany.

Reiwa
12-26-2022, 12:03 AM
Appealing to popularity.

97% agreed with Nazism in 1938 Germany.

“It was a sunny day, I was carrying a child in a white dress to be christened. The path to the church led up a steep slope, but I held the child in my arms firmly and without faltering. Then suddenly my footing gave way... I had enough time to put the child down before plunging into the abyss. The child is our idea. In spite of all obstacles it will prevail.”

Nibblewitz
12-26-2022, 02:57 AM
Certainly, increasing carbon dioxide in a closed system will increase warming, but there are so many nuances and misconceptions about the problem and solutions. No one acknowledges that radiative forcing due to CO2 is logarithmic with concentration. Our weather models are terrible after 7 days but they peddle these 100 year forecasts with 1000 percent error bars. Atmospheric physicists (not junk science climate activists) are still discovering climate cycles and processes of varying time scales and magnitudes. Meanwhile, society is reaping the benefits of increased CO2 through crop productivity and drought-resistant plants.

The debate about the solution is even more troubling. Batteries are simply receptacles of the “dirty” energy from the grid, while requiring more fossil fuels to mine the metals required. Ever seen solar and wind powered mining equipment? The solar and wind farms requiring more mining and more land and more deforestation. Anyone advocating for a carbon neutral world should just stop exhaling CO2 now to spare themselves from a world without electricity and running water.

Botten
12-26-2022, 06:27 AM
To ED and the Nibble…

Not even bothering since you are offering opinions without backed research.

Debating with made up statistics verse many educated specialist.

Your lifetime brainwashed ideals from kinfolk, religion and opinion entertainment are dribble.

Oh and ED to Godwin an argument is just amateur hour.

magnetaress
12-26-2022, 09:25 AM
i thought fusiion energy meant i would never have to be cold or hot again in my life time

Botten
12-26-2022, 09:43 AM
https://www.energylivenews.com/2022/12/26/renewables-saved-brits-5-7bn-this-winter/

Encroaching Death
12-26-2022, 12:25 PM
To ED and the Nibble…

Not even bothering since you are offering opinions without backed research.

Debating with made up statistics verse many educated specialist.

Your lifetime brainwashed ideals from kinfolk, religion and opinion entertainment are dribble.

Oh and ED to Godwin an argument is just amateur hour.

$20 Billion Dollars LMAO

Botten
12-26-2022, 03:54 PM
$20 Billion Dollars LMAO

Not my fault you make an ass of yourself when you make assumptions from a quote in a government article.

Flail more.

Encroaching Death
12-26-2022, 05:43 PM
Not my fault you make an ass of yourself when you make assumptions from a quote in a government article.

Flail more.

$20 billion dollars....

Hahahahahabababahahahahahahahdjfjfn

Reiwa
12-26-2022, 06:47 PM
$20 billion dollars....

Hahahahahabababahahahahahahahdjfjfn

Twenty dollars billion dollars

Botten
12-26-2022, 06:49 PM

Ooloo
12-26-2022, 07:14 PM
Nuclear energy is insanely cleaner than any other proposed energy source, and by far provides more kwh per human death associated with it's production, for a fraction of the land footprint of both fossil fuels and hippy windmills.

Still no good argument from dems like AOC against nuclear. They either pretend it doesn't exist, or pretend nuclear = scary atomic bombs cause they are 7th graders in politician's clothing.

Botten
12-26-2022, 08:50 PM
Nuclear energy is insanely cleaner than any other proposed energy source, and by far provides more kwh per human death associated with it's production, for a fraction of the land footprint of both fossil fuels and hippy windmills.

Still no good argument from dems like AOC against nuclear. They either pretend it doesn't exist, or pretend nuclear = scary atomic bombs cause they are 7th graders in politician's clothing.

Man you keep pumping out the examples of how ignorant you really are.

Around 12.1 trillion yen ($82 billion) has already been spent to deal with the 2011 disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, according to sources at the Board of Audit of Japan.

The utility now aims to start that work in the second half of fiscal 2023. It is still on going.... (https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14762193)

Scientifically speaking contamination with radioactive caesium, with a half-life of up to around 30 years, remains in the environment for a long time. (https://www.bfs.de/EN/topics/ion/accident-management/emergency/fukushima/environmental-consequences.html)

And lets talk about Chernobyl

Experts have said it will be at least 3,000 years for the area to become safe, while others believe this is too optimistic. It is thought that the reactor site will not become habitable again for at least 20,000 years, according to a 2016 report. (https://www.newsweek.com/chernobyl-aftermath-how-long-will-exclusion-zone-uninhabitable-1751834)

roughly US $68 billion in 2019, adjusted for inflation (https://www.oecd-nea.org/jcms/pl_13598).

How about the worse body of water most contaminated with radioactive pollution: Lake Karachay (aka "Reservoir 9"), a small lake formerly located near the Mayak Production Association, a nuclear facility in Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia.

standing near the shore you'd be exposed to a dose of 5.6 Sievert per hour. That's enough radiation to kill you in about 50 minutes.
(https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-contaminated-lake-(radioactivity))

But sure have a cow about ... what did you call them.. hippy wind mills. What if we coupled it with solar energy... still too hippy for you?

Wind and solar produce more electricity than nuclear for the first time in the US and much safer (https://electrek.co/2022/07/07/wind-and-solar-produce-more-electricity-than-nuclear-for-the-first-time-in-the-us/)

Keep sticking that foot in your mouth Baler.

Got to love your Ben Shapiro on the spot made up statistics and opinions!!!

Reiwa
12-26-2022, 09:59 PM
Man you keep pumping out the examples of how ignorant you really are.

Around 12.1 trillion yen ($82 billion) has already been spent to deal with the 2011 disaster at the Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant, according to sources at the Board of Audit of Japan.

The utility now aims to start that work in the second half of fiscal 2023. It is still on going.... (https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14762193)

Scientifically speaking contamination with radioactive caesium, with a half-life of up to around 30 years, remains in the environment for a long time. (https://www.bfs.de/EN/topics/ion/accident-management/emergency/fukushima/environmental-consequences.html)

And lets talk about Chernobyl

Experts have said it will be at least 3,000 years for the area to become safe, while others believe this is too optimistic. It is thought that the reactor site will not become habitable again for at least 20,000 years, according to a 2016 report. (https://www.newsweek.com/chernobyl-aftermath-how-long-will-exclusion-zone-uninhabitable-1751834)

roughly US $68 billion in 2019, adjusted for inflation (https://www.oecd-nea.org/jcms/pl_13598).

How about the worse body of water most contaminated with radioactive pollution: Lake Karachay (aka "Reservoir 9"), a small lake formerly located near the Mayak Production Association, a nuclear facility in Chelyabinsk Oblast, Russia.

standing near the shore you'd be exposed to a dose of 5.6 Sievert per hour. That's enough radiation to kill you in about 50 minutes.
(https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-contaminated-lake-(radioactivity))

But sure have a cow about ... what did you call them.. hippy wind mills. What if we coupled it with solar energy... still too hippy for you?

Wind and solar produce more electricity than nuclear for the first time in the US and much safer (https://electrek.co/2022/07/07/wind-and-solar-produce-more-electricity-than-nuclear-for-the-first-time-in-the-us/)

Keep sticking that foot in your mouth Baler.

Got to love your Ben Shapiro on the spot made up statistics and opinions!!!

I forget if it's kwh/cost or mhw/cost for the words but do those for the nuke-u-lar and the wind and the solar.

Deuterium can be mined from the sea.

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 06:42 AM
Here's why Dems don't like Nuclear:

They would have to agree with Republicans on something.

It would solve the energy issue, and therefore take away one of their talking points.

Botten
12-27-2022, 08:43 AM
R2topic fun

https://youtu.be/Z3oA4tK_dsY

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 10:23 AM
Here's why Dems don't like Nuclear:

They would have to agree with Republicans on something.

It would solve the energy issue, and therefore take away one of their talking points.

I agree lol. Plus less money for rich ppl. :o

Botten
12-27-2022, 11:25 AM
Right?!11?!

Why the U.S. government plans to spend billions to keep money-losing nuclear plants open (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/17/the-us-is-spending-billions-to-keep-money-losing-nuclear-plants-open.html)

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 11:33 AM
Right?!11?!

Why the U.S. government plans to spend billions to keep money-losing nuclear plants open (https://www.cnbc.com/2022/02/17/the-us-is-spending-billions-to-keep-money-losing-nuclear-plants-open.html)

They lose money for political reasons. Thanks bureaucrats and lobbies. Also when u do stuff like force ppl to use a government CONTRACTED lab for radiometer screening. It's pretty yikes.

It would be the cheapest. Cleanest. And safest. Without democrats or Republicans in charge.

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 11:35 AM
Right?!11?!

Yeah, Nuclear is having a tough time competing with the low prices of natural gas.

But it's the best option for clean, renewable energy.

It's MUCH worse for Wind and Solar.

From your article:

"More problematically, wind and solar are intermittent sources of energy — the sun isn’t always shining, and the wind isn’t always blowing. They can’t replace nuclear (or gas or coal) as baseload sources until utility-scale battery technology is developed and built out. That’s still years away."

Aren't you types all for banning oil?

If so, Nuclear is your only legit option.

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 11:37 AM
Atlantis 2.0 will rise after the collapse of government. And only then. Then we'll blow a hole in half of a continent again lol.

Hopefully someone does a remotebackup of the data.

We should build two Atlantii maybe do one on earth. One on mars. One in lagrange. One on Titan.

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 11:37 AM
my body is ready

Botten
12-27-2022, 11:40 AM
Yeah, Nuclear is having a tough time competing with the low prices of natural gas.

But it's the best option for clean, renewable energy.

It's MUCH worse for Wind and Solar.

From your article:

"More problematically, wind and solar are intermittent sources of energy — the sun isn’t always shining, and the wind isn’t always blowing. They can’t replace nuclear (or gas or coal) as baseload sources until utility-scale battery technology is developed and built out. That’s still years away."

Aren't you types all for banning oil?

If so, Nuclear is your only legit option.

And

Glad to clear that up for you.

Botten
12-27-2022, 11:43 AM
Atlantis 2.0 will rise after the collapse of government. And only then. Then we'll blow a hole in half of a continent again lol.

Hopefully someone does a remotebackup of the data.

We should build two Atlantii maybe do one on earth. One on mars. One in lagrange. One on Titan.

And your Occupation is Psychosis? As in you get paid for your psychosis? Just curious.
After all we do have social security for a reason.

Reiwa
12-27-2022, 11:52 AM
They lose money for political reasons. Thanks bureaucrats and lobbies. Also when u do stuff like force ppl to use a government CONTRACTED lab for radiometer screening. It's pretty yikes.

It would be the cheapest. Cleanest. And safest. Without democrats or Republicans in charge.

Is labor a major cost for nuclear and not a thing for solar/wind?

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 11:57 AM
Is labor a major cost for nuclear and not a thing for solar/wind?

It doesn't take like rocket science to do nuclear.

A semester in higgschool with an aptitude test and professional dress code should be sufficient. Also don't hire someone who isn't active in ur church.

***The caveat ill give is it does take some brains to design and do experiments improving and expanding nuclear. Butt those rich kids Aught let go of their grubby patents and trademarks from the 70s by now.

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 12:02 PM
And your Occupation is Psychosis? As in you get paid for your psychosis? Just curious.
After all we do have social security for a reason.

Thomas Stephen Szasz contends: “Insanity is the only sane reaction to an insane society”. And the British psychiatrist R. D. Laing said insanity was “a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world”.

Hope this helps.

G-d bless 🙏

Reiwa
12-27-2022, 12:15 PM
It doesn't take like rocket science to do nuclear.

A semester in higgschool with an aptitude test and professional dress code should be sufficient. Also don't hire someone who isn't active in ur church.

***The caveat ill give is it does take some brains to design and do experiments improving and expanding nuclear. Butt those rich kids Aught let go of their grubby patents and trademarks from the 70s by now.

But they make a lot of $ right? Are there wind guys or is it like, passive?

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 12:32 PM
But they make a lot of $ right? Are there wind guys or is it like, passive?

To be clear I'm saying should be not what actually unfortunately is.

Afaik until very recently a redneck could (and did) just hire a Crane operator to toss up a turbine and blades. I saw lots in the countryside in the north east about 5 years ago. And a lot of those where old already and still in operation after 20 years.

Only poor innercity democratic hoodlums charge their old crusty broken iphones off of innercity grids outside the drug rehab.

Nukes r completely viable tho for ethical and sane communes of smart and decent humans. The problem isn't the tech or labor skill. Ill stand by it. Because g-d and gnosis.

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 12:56 PM
And

Glad to clear that up for you.

Good job on competing with technology from the 1970s. That's like bragging you beat someone in a foot race after you broke both their ankles.

ROFL

Imagine if we actually gave a damn about nuclear, it would blow the fuck outta Wind and Solar.

Which both, by the way, are intermittent. So good luck selling reliable and clean energy.

Nuclear is doing both. Using tech from the 70s. LOL

Also, from your article: "For the first time ever, wind and solar produced 17.96% more electricity in the month of April than nuclear power plants."

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 01:02 PM
Botten, you think the government is a reliable source, right?

https://www.energy.gov/ne/articles/nuclear-power-most-reliable-energy-source-and-its-not-even-close

Reiwa
12-27-2022, 01:06 PM
To be clear I'm saying should be not what actually unfortunately is.

Afaik until very recently a redneck could (and did) just hire a Crane operator to toss up a turbine and blades. I saw lots in the countryside in the north east about 5 years ago. And a lot of those where old already and still in operation after 20 years.

Only poor innercity democratic hoodlums charge their old crusty broken iphones off of innercity grids outside the drug rehab.

Nukes r completely viable tho for ethical and sane communes of smart and decent humans. The problem isn't the tech or labor skill. Ill stand by it. Because g-d and gnosis.

Stay away from gnosticism it's incredibly retarded.

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 01:11 PM
Stay away from gnosticism it's incredibly retarded.

Pardon my temporary heresy, but it does kind of make sense that Satan had a part in creating the world.

It's a lot easier to blame all the sucky shit on Satan, instead of shrugging your shoulders and thinking "Eh, maybe God just likes torture and violence?"

magnetaress
12-27-2022, 01:17 PM
abswNCqnMRQ
kkBBkQ8jFRY

And yes you can get electricity from a sun warming a specialized resonator.

Imo focusing sunlight and storing energy as heat or potential energy is l337.

A bit off topic.

Reiwa
12-27-2022, 01:56 PM
Anyway green energy is probably union busting!

Encroaching Death
12-27-2022, 02:20 PM
Anyway green energy is probably union busting!

Just learn 2 code, peasant.

KohakuIto
01-02-2023, 05:53 AM
In my opinion, this issue has its pros and cons. The main negative for me is security. There are already several cases in our life that we should not forget and be sure that this will not happen again.

yenm
02-06-2023, 09:39 AM
Hello there, I'd like to share about my hobby. It is currently betting. In general, sports betting is both a hobby and a source of extra income because it is relatively simple to make money. The Shark https://theracingsharks.com.au/ also is a trustworthy bookmaker site. I chose this bookmaker here, and it made it simple for me to begin betting.