PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation or Xbox?

Toxigen
12-14-2022, 07:24 AM
Just closed on new house, got a 85” Samsung being delivered this week.

Taking a break from anything PC related for a while. Want to enjoy my new couch, TV, and embrace the casual console life for those little bits of time I’ll have to actually sit down, relax, and play.

My favorite genre of game is hack n slash / dungeon crawler / RPG (think Champions of Norrath).

I’m leaning towards PS5 from what I’ve read so far. I don’t bounce around from game to game (I’ve literally only played league of legends and P99 for the last decade+). Online competitive play is less and less important. Looking for the kind of games I can sink 100+ hours into before moving on to the next.

Wat do?

Also since I’m so far out of the loop…do people still buy physical game disc copies these days or is everything done online? Isn’t there still an advantage of playing a game off a disc? Halp.

magnetaress
12-14-2022, 09:42 AM
Go outside bruh.

Also co consider a wii some of those games are silly and fun a f. Ask Gustoo.

Awesome console games imo tho that require beefy consoles. No Man's Sky. Saints Row 1 & 2. So I personally would lean towards the Xbox side of things. Especially a newer gen 1 for NMS.

Skyrim and GTA are designed to rott ur brain. Anime tiddies will turn u gay if not already.

Botten
12-14-2022, 10:20 AM
PS new VR looks interesting.

or the newer Steam Decks

magnetaress
12-14-2022, 10:21 AM
Yuck no bro

Toxigen
12-14-2022, 10:23 AM
PS new VR looks interesting.

or the newer Steam Decks

Not interested in VR.

Skarne
12-14-2022, 10:45 AM
PS5 is a better gaming system due to it's catalogue of exclusives than Xbox for the time being. I have both X series X and PS5 and the PS5 wins by far due to games like God of War, Ghosts of Tsushima, Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and many more.

BUT Xbox will have some good exclusives eventually like Elder Scrolls, Halo, Avowed, some other games.

But as of right now, go for the PS5 man. The Controller is amazing and will surprise you with it's features.

Evia
12-14-2022, 11:07 AM
I have a ps5 and while I love it and use it daily, the games for it are severely lacking imho...especially for good rpg type stuff.

I'm nearing 2 years ownership and I own 4 ps5 games and I'm constantly looking to buy another one it's just that nothing looks great.

I play rdr2 the most on it and that's technically a ps4 game because Rockstar won't release a rdr2 ps5 update.

I'd recommend the disc drive ps5 and I'd also recommend buying physical copies. I think it might be personal preference but I like being able to play the games I bought even if I don't have internet. Plus you saw what nintendo did to 3ds owners where they just yanked their digital games...so yeah I'd rather own physical.

Skarne
12-14-2022, 11:15 AM
Yes always buy hard copies.

magnetaress
12-14-2022, 11:46 AM
Halo and original Fable is Xbox titles too. And halo is p fun chill experience.

Also maybe MS gets Activision blizzard.

unsunghero
12-14-2022, 12:41 PM
My cousins really raves about the God of War series, especially the recent one

Homesteaded
12-14-2022, 01:14 PM
I've had this same urge to try and play console games. I really grow tired of the constant updates and how long it actually takes to get into a game and play a modern game.

Jibartik
12-14-2022, 01:58 PM
I stopped playing console around the time they connected to the internet.

I liked buying a game and playing it, not buying an inferior game to one I could get on my PC and installing it like I bought it on my PC.

Basanos
12-14-2022, 02:05 PM
I don't think you have to connect to the internet.

In fact, if you have a Nintendo Switch that has never had its OS updated you can sell that on eBay for a pretty good price point I bet.

I don't have physical copies of most of my games. Can't say if I will ever regret that, but I have kept up with my Steam library just fine for ten plus years now.

I also figure things like PsPlus and Xbox Live or whatever are the future of games. That Spotify model did a better job of combating piracy than DRM ever did

magnetaress
12-14-2022, 02:26 PM
You can get a nice pc and buy a ps5 and xbox controllers. And download steam or MS game pass on windows 11.

That is definitely the way of the future.

Ps5 / Sony is hentai aids. And China is going to invade them soon. A a few Sony Muslims will hold out in Malaysia only to be colonized by the US under the UN.

Swish
12-14-2022, 07:09 PM
I stopped playing console around the time they connected to the internet.

I liked buying a game and playing it, not buying an inferior game to one I could get on my PC and installing it like I bought it on my PC.

this

Toxigen
12-14-2022, 11:35 PM
I have a ps5 and while I love it and use it daily, the games for it are severely lacking imho...especially for good rpg type stuff.

I'm nearing 2 years ownership and I own 4 ps5 games and I'm constantly looking to buy another one it's just that nothing looks great.

I play rdr2 the most on it and that's technically a ps4 game because Rockstar won't release a rdr2 ps5 update.

I'd recommend the disc drive ps5 and I'd also recommend buying physical copies. I think it might be personal preference but I like being able to play the games I bought even if I don't have internet. Plus you saw what nintendo did to 3ds owners where they just yanked their digital games...so yeah I'd rather own physical.

Good post, thank you.

Would going with the “game pass” subscription be an ok idea? Try games, if you like, buy the disc version? And just use the $15/month to try random shit?

Chortles Snortles
12-14-2022, 11:39 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XrPFdxZ.png

goblinmob
12-14-2022, 11:59 PM
https://i.imgur.com/XrPFdxZ.png

Photoshopped. Real women don't look like that

Evia
12-16-2022, 01:29 PM
Good post, thank you.

Would going with the “game pass” subscription be an ok idea? Try games, if you like, buy the disc version? And just use the $15/month to try random shit?

Not a bad route to go especially if you love retro gaming as you get quite a lot of retro games to play in addition to the "free trials" of a lot of big title modern games.

Also, don't forget to claim all the free games you get just for buying the ps5! They give you like 20 free ps4 games that are really really awesome and worth adding to your collection. Those alone might entertain you enough for a while. Games like Days Gone, God of War, Detroit Become Human, The Last of Us Remastered, Bloodborne, Infamous Second Son, Just Cause 4 ect.