PDA

View Full Version : Returning player question about Seb

slouth
12-13-2022, 05:54 PM
Greetings

56 barb shaman just return after 5 year leave. I’m currently soloing in COM, but was wondering how grouping is in Seb? I honestly can’t remember a thing about the zone, but was thinking of popping over to level and ideally try and get some new gear. As I’m not the most twinked shaman. Epic, and iskar ceremonial chest plate. Wouldn’t mind getting a fungi, maybe a job. But wondering if Seb is Perma camped by farmers, or if there would be a legit chance of getting some groups down there

Thanks

mattydef
12-13-2022, 07:28 PM
The more popular camps like king, CE and NG tend to be camped more often than not, everything else is usually open. Seb now a days seems to be a ‘bring your own group’ kind of place, so I’d suggest getting into a guild if you’re not in one.

Snaggles
12-13-2022, 07:31 PM
Greetings

56 barb shaman just return after 5 year leave. I’m currently soloing in COM, but was wondering how grouping is in Seb? I honestly can’t remember a thing about the zone, but was thinking of popping over to level and ideally try and get some new gear. As I’m not the most twinked shaman. Epic, and iskar ceremonial chest plate. Wouldn’t mind getting a fungi, maybe a job. But wondering if Seb is Perma camped by farmers, or if there would be a legit chance of getting some groups down there

Thanks

In my experience getting a PuG isn’t easy. Less people in the lobby compared to what I remember on Live but also less groups looking to replace people who can’t easily get to the group.

Even at full pop it would be tough to get a job in the King group outside maybe a high 50’s rogue. It’s mostly farmed. I got a job tanking at 57 with the pally and was shocked but it worked ok. It’s probably better to earn the plat and buy the tunic. At least IMHO.

Swish
12-13-2022, 10:14 PM
Seb is a bit of a graveyard compared to 1-2 years ago.

It's funny and sad watching people try to grind through 58-60 in KC :o

cd288
12-13-2022, 11:02 PM
Seb is hot or miss in terms of pugs. Some nights there can be like 20-30 people in there. Others like 3.

Definitely easier if you join a large guild and message people asking if they want to do seb. People are almost always down to group there if you do the work to organize the group. If you do that you can generally get in several groups to grind that JBB.

Fungi tunic would be tough though. Usually locked down by a duo or trio and they’re not gonna invite you.

magnetaress
12-13-2022, 11:21 PM
lvl 56 is to low for sebilis dont go until ur 60 and in ntov gear and only then go to farm stuff u dont need to deny other ppl gets anything

Andyman1022
12-14-2022, 10:46 AM
lvl 56 is to low for sebilis dont go until ur 60 and in ntov gear and only then go to farm stuff u dont need to deny other ppl gets anything

Basically this lol

loramin
12-14-2022, 12:43 PM
Eh, 56 is fine if you bring your own group. Seb is absolutely designed for that level range ... just not at the camps anyone goes to anymore.

Camps like ABC or Disco don't exist for the phat lewtz (for that you go to camps like King or CE) ... you go to them for XP (with some not terrible loot).

Now of course the ZEM might make it smarter to go to some other dungeon instead if you want XP (which is a little sad to me, as I XPed in Sebilis tons on live), but the point is that if you have a group and want a nice available camp for that level, Sebilis should totally be on the table.

Snaggles
12-14-2022, 01:57 PM
Yea it's just more a BOGO environment. I actually think a mid 50's group in Arms/Chef/Bar would be a blast. Slowing named spawns in Crypt would be difficult I expect but you can heal through those select fights.

Bringing your own group isnt a bad thing though. Corpse retrievals can be a PITA so good to know everyone is bringing their A Game.

Trelaboon
12-14-2022, 04:47 PM
Have spent the last week trying to find or form groups in there as a 58 Rogue, and I managed to get into a disco group once. Other nights there’s been like five people in there, all 60 and at the money camps. Kindof disappointing that people flock to KC, which is awful exp, and totally neglect somewhere like Sebilis.

Crede
12-14-2022, 04:56 PM
Have spent the last week trying to find or form groups in there as a 58 Rogue, and I managed to get into a disco group once. Other nights there’s been like five people in there, all 60 and at the money camps. Kindof disappointing that people flock to KC, which is awful exp, and totally neglect somewhere like Sebilis.

Need rotating zems, would be the best non-classic change to accompany all of the other non-classic changes here.

loramin
12-14-2022, 05:30 PM
Corpse retrievals can be a PITA so good to know everyone is bringing their A Game.

A simple solution ... that requires a lot of prep work ... is to level a rogue to 20 (or maybe lower: I thought I heard a guildie say they only needed level 5 to get into Seb now?)

Either way, it won't take that long, and even a level 5/20 rogue can sneak/hide ... they're just really slow. Getting them to Seb is a pain, but once they're there you can even drag your own corpse with them.

Again, it's a pain to setup, but once you have a rogue alt parked there it really takes some stress out of doing Seb.

Need rotating zems, would be the best non-classic change to accompany all of the other non-classic changes here.

Amen! And fixing XP (specifically in Kunark zones) is 100% classic:

Upon investigation, we discovered a deficiency with the amount of experience being rewarded in many Kunark zones (mostly dungeons). The affected zones have been updated, and adventurers should notice the greater experience reward in return for the increased risk and challenge associated with these zones.

That was May of 2000 (https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#May_25.2C_2000_8:00_am) (about a year in). About a year later, in a January of 2001 producer letter (https://wiki.project1999.com/Patch_Notes#January_14.2C_2001_Producer_Letter) (still technically within "classic") they did their first true ZEM overhaul (and actually introduced the term "ZEM").

The first and perhaps easiest to explain change that we are making to the experience system is the modification of what we call the "Zone Experience Multiplier", or 'ZEM' ...

As of the next patch, you will receive additional experience (per kill) in the following zones:

So if Blue is ever going to get any "classicaly-themed custom content", an annual ZEM rotation seems like incredibly low-hanging fruit.

cd288
12-14-2022, 07:55 PM
They’ve basically done annual zem rotation at this point. They’ve done two zem rotations in the past like 2 year period I believe

Toxigen
12-15-2022, 03:17 PM
With epic you'd be just fine camping the two bugs outside disco.

Hardest part will be getting down there. Just take your time.

But the real god tier XP is freeti trash as an epic shaman. You're welcome.

Toxigen
12-15-2022, 04:21 PM
Geonids in WL is a good epic shaman spot too. They have a ton more HP than freeti trash but outdoors and they drop velious armor gems.

loramin
12-15-2022, 04:43 PM
Geonids in WL is a good epic shaman spot too. They have a ton more HP than freeti trash but outdoors and they drop velious armor gems.

Leave the geonids alone :p They're one of the only camps a 59 Mage can do, and there are so many other ones Shaman can do that Mages can't (HS, PoM, Neriak, Sentient Suits in WL, bear pits, efreeti, etc.) ...

... but you are correct, geonids are good for Shaman also.

PatChapp
12-19-2022, 01:16 PM
Mages can do bear pits,upper pit and den at least just fine. 1 pet per dog/spider and a couple nukes.

Chortles Snortles
12-19-2022, 01:42 PM
>unironically playing a mage
(LOL)

loramin
12-19-2022, 03:36 PM
Mages can do bear pits,upper pit and den at least just fine. 1 pet per dog/spider and a couple nukes.

I haven't been in the bear pits since they redid them, but I remember there being very few single spawns down there. Mages (basically) can't split.

PatChapp
12-19-2022, 03:43 PM
There's lots of singles in the upper pit,and the dogs in the den only single. Infact the zone is so buggy you need to run up and melee them to even agro them, the dogs in the den that is
I did alot of 58 and 59 on my mage there

Maligar
12-23-2022, 02:05 PM
Little off-topic, but I am curious how you can be untwinked with an epic.

Were you in the right guild at the right time, or just buy a tear MQ?

I just ground out a million guards to buy a fungi and feel like I must be missing something in regards to the shaman epic.

Is it somehow possible to get shaman epic without 80k+ for the tear?

cd288
12-23-2022, 02:14 PM
I wouldn’t call a shaman untwinked with an epic but not nearly close to unlocking its full potential if it doesn’t have torpor

Danth
12-23-2022, 03:30 PM

Means the player did the questline once he was level-appropriate, via the intended mechanics, and without long-established characters fronting him resources like platinum. The easier epic quests, including shaman, are realistically doable by the late 40's/early 50's. Prior to the Plane of Fear revamp which made the golems spawn less often, the shaman epic was so easily obtained on P99 as to be regarded as nearly automatic for a higher-level shaman. It's tougher today, but not out of reach for a player in one of the guilds that race for golems.

Danth

loramin
12-23-2022, 03:55 PM
What Danth said. I paid for my tear like an idiot, because I didn't want to join a guild. Then I joined a guild, learned how easy it was, and how I didn't have to do anything (I could just raid when I was on, if I felt like it) ... and I also learned that golems spawn every three days.

If you are in a guild that does the golems, and you go with them, it's all but guaranteed you'll get a tear, for zero plat, within weeks. And once you have the tear, everything else is trivial (even the final fight is pretty easy ... with a guild at your back to help).

Maligar
12-23-2022, 07:36 PM
Thanks. 53 is my highest, and I was under the impression that all the epic bottlenecks were not very attainable outside of a couple guilds.

Will definitely attempt to get it the real way if there’s a chance.

WokeCat
12-23-2022, 08:42 PM
Everyone knows a Barbarian Shaman can solo Sebilis easily without having to even try. Can mostly just go AFK while your spells do the work.

cd288
12-24-2022, 12:27 AM
Seb been crowded this week

ScottBerta
12-31-2022, 09:09 PM
Guardian camp in KC is good solo spot to 60 for shaman if you have epic.

slouth
01-02-2023, 06:41 PM

Were you in the right guild at the right time, or just buy a tear MQ?

I just ground out a million guards to buy a fungi and feel like I must be missing something in regards to the shaman epic.

Is it somehow possible to get shaman epic without 80k+ for the tear?

I was in a guild, and for my epic, I managed to get a tell of a tear rotting years ago and went and got my epic. I was gone for 5 years and when I logged in I was guildless ( and for the life of me, I can’t remember my guild) so just finished 57 on 2nd floor of com , and probably going to search for a casual guild and figure out how to group as a shaman again lol