PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to fear kite in Kedge Keep?

Gloomlord
12-08-2022, 05:51 AM
Asking as a Bard main.

Crede
12-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Nothing in Kedge can be feared. Charming or face tanking w/mez is the move here.

Encroaching Death
12-08-2022, 04:58 PM
I tried soloing Kedge Keep with my 51 Necro thinking "it'll be no problem! Just anothe-"

Dead.

I might try to solo it with my Druid, but I won't underestimate it this time.

Jibartik
12-08-2022, 05:43 PM
Ive wanted to master kedge so bad but I cant spend 5 mins in that zone without noping out of it.

loramin
12-08-2022, 05:58 PM
My recommendation for anyone who wants to try Kedge is to start with the Ferocious Shark.

He's in a room all by himself that you easily get to with invisibility, and he paths out of it for minutes at a time, so it's easy to get setup. He's on a 22?-minute timer, he's just a melee mob, and the named spawns about 1 in 10 times. The named is a bit tougher, but about 1 in 10 times he drops what's essentially a tink bag (it's a bit heavier).

Once you feel comfortable fighting a single shark by yourself, you can start moving out from there. The room above has a couple seahorses, and one of them drops a nice cloak. They're casters, but they're not too difficult, and even if you're not a CC class you can root them in one room and fight the other in a different room (out of line of sight, so only one casts on you at a time). Also there's some small fish in that room, so you get to learn how to deal with those.

Above that is a room with three sharks, where one is a PH for a kinda decent helm. Once you've learned to deal with three sharks at once while fighting underwater, you've basically mastered Kedge. Of course, there's still more to learn if you want to fight mermaids or seahorses (on the other end of the zone), but once you master the Ferocious Shark and the rooms nearby, you'll have the basics of Kedge/underwater fighting down.

Toxigen
12-09-2022, 04:04 PM
2023 make kedge great again

once i get my new computer set up in the new house (closed today) ill spearhead the operation

got mid 50s bard / necro / ranger options for it

Jibartik
12-09-2022, 04:36 PM
Nice I will try this shark sometime.

zelld52
12-12-2022, 01:37 PM
I've noped out of kedge many times already trying to Druid charm. I have some serious respect for people who can master Kedge.

one_chill_cat
01-09-2023, 07:22 PM
I've got a 51 necro and I'm desperate for some new hunting grounds. I might regret it, but I think I'll go in there and do some poking around. Casting in water isn't my favorite thing but bloodgills we're decent practice.

Any necros care to share some good practices? Best to just root/rot & let pet finish stuff off?

Crede
01-09-2023, 08:49 PM
I've got a 51 necro and I'm desperate for some new hunting grounds. I might regret it, but I think I'll go in there and do some poking around. Casting in water isn't my favorite thing but bloodgills we're decent practice.

Any necros care to share some good practices? Best to just root/rot & let pet finish stuff off?

I’d try root rotting the mermaids. Have pet finish them off and park pet in safe spot. There will be a learning curve if you get tired of it charming in CoM will be much better xp to practice for HS.

Good luck

one_chill_cat
01-09-2023, 09:50 PM
I’d try root rotting the mermaids. Have pet finish them off and park pet in safe spot. There will be a learning curve if you get tired of it charming in CoM will be much better xp to practice for HS.

Good luck

Ok right on. Maybe I'll save Kedge for a rainy day and head over to CoM. I'm itching to get in to HS but do not feel up to speed on charming since I haven't practiced since I tried a bit in Kaesora in my low 40s. Thanks for the heads up!