PDA

View Full Version : P99 DnD Livestream

goblinmob
11-19-2022, 09:49 PM
You have been placed in charge of choosing the cast of a Critical Role type show but are limited to the reprehensibles here who frequent the P99 forums. It is assumed that each player is motivated or compelled in some way to play the game to the best of their ability or suffer some punishment so as not to have this hypothetical live stream devolve into basically whatever it is that every thread here becomes.

You must choose 4 players and 1 dungeon master. You may not choose yourself as one of the participants. And we all get to watch as they're forced to be together and work together in the same room.

As a bonus, I have thought up 5 magical items which you may assign to the participants if desired (no more than 1 per person)

1. Caveman Wig of Neanderthal Intellect - the wearer of this wig is cursed with low intelligence and may only speak with one syllable words. This player is too dumb to read, write or type and can only understand one syllable words.
2. Everflowing Chalice - this drinking glass determines it's user's alcohol tolerance and will spike its contents with the proper dosage of alcohol to keep the user functionally drunk for the duration of the episode. The player must make a saving throw every other turn to resist the urge to drink from the cup. No other player may interfere when the user drinks from the cup. Nor May they handle the cup in any way.
3. Full Spectrum Goggles - the wearer of these magical glasses believes whole heartedly in the course of action they have chosen. They also believe that compromise is simply not an option. They simply refuse to take part in any action which they aree not convinced is the correct course of action.
4. Belt of Gender Something - whatever gender is popularly believed to be now, wearing this belt will change the player's gender to whatever subjectively fits the definition of it's opposite for the duration of the episode
5. MP3 Player - this smooth small metallic box is warm to the touch and radiates light from one side. This light is bright enough to illuminate an area of a cone with a 10'radius in the direction the user points it. Observing the lit face of the box for 1 round reveals strange symbols know only to the user. (Casting Read Magic or Know Language will not reveal the nature of these symbols) The MP3 will link with its user's mind telepathically and will attempt to listen any thoughts and feelings of the user. It will then play music according to the wishes of the user. Anyone within 39' of this box will be able to hear the music and can easily determine the source. The box will always play the music at an audible level but never at a disruptive volume (intentional or otherwise)

In retrospect, this was way too much effort. Who would you pick and why would we all get to laugh at them?

Reiwa
11-19-2022, 11:16 PM
I'll play this game.

LX-7AnOx22k

Sign me up for mp3 unless Blake wants to.

Mblake1981
11-20-2022, 02:14 AM
5. MP3 Player - this smooth small metallic box is warm to the touch and radiates light from one side. This light is bright enough to illuminate an area of a cone with a 10'radius in the direction the user points it. Observing the lit face of the box for 1 round reveals strange symbols know only to the user. (Casting Read Magic or Know Language will not reveal the nature of these symbols) The MP3 will link with its user's mind telepathically and will attempt to listen any thoughts and feelings of the user. It will then play music according to the wishes of the user. Anyone within 39' of this box will be able to hear the music and can easily determine the source. The box will always play the music at an audible level but never at a disruptive volume (intentional or otherwise)

https://i.imgur.com/iEI4ye7.png

Mblake1981
11-20-2022, 02:16 AM
https://i.imgur.com/jwrXfOy.jpg

unsunghero
11-20-2022, 03:19 AM
Dunno what critical role is, like D&D but haven't played since being a kid

So kinda confused on the idea. Best item by far is the everflowing cup. Unlimited drinks and no one could touch my cup? Wouldn't even have to write my name on it in sharpie like at parties. Would continue to re-roll stats to get the shittiest saving throws

Kaveh
11-20-2022, 04:40 AM
Didn’t read

Mblake1981
11-20-2022, 04:51 AM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arg-e_Bam

All buildings are made of non-baked clay bricks, i.e. adobe. Prior to the 2003 earthquake, Bam Citadel was most likely the largest adobe structure in the world.

goblinmob
11-20-2022, 10:25 AM
Sure, Riewa you can have the mp3 player though for the record I would have initially chosen to give that to Jibartik as he seems to me the most likely to be the one who would choose theatrical mood music according to what's going on in the game lol

So then I would choose Jibartik to be the Dungeon Master instead and I would give him the Belt of Gender Something (so we can all look down "her" shirt while she's leaning over the table moving miniatures or whatever for the players?..

I would have Bosanos in the party and give him the Full Spectrum Goggles. Have fun with that I guess..

Encroaching Death with the Everflowing Chalice. So he can drunkenly live out his fantasy of killing everything. (Every DnD group needs one of those)

Last, idk how bout Loramin with the Caveman Wig of Neanderthalic Intellect? I dunno, given his constant reference to the wiki, I'm kinda chuckling at the idea of somebody that meticulous restricted to only one syllable words in a game with so much "rules interpretation"

So that would be my cast
Jibartik - Dungeon Master
The Party -
Riewa, Bosanos, Encroaching Death, and Loramin

Chortles Snortles
11-20-2022, 10:46 AM
i put on my Full Spectrum Goggles everytime i launch p1999

Reiwa
11-20-2022, 01:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/jwrXfOy.jpg

Are you worthy of this weapon, king? (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malleus_Maleficarum) 👑

Malleus Maleficarum (The Hammer of Witches)

magnetaress
11-20-2022, 01:52 PM
my pajamas like proc disease and poison effects, both a dd and dot with like -25 resist mods

Jibartik
11-20-2022, 02:06 PM
Is this the first meme?

zng5kRle4FA

goblinmob
11-20-2022, 02:06 PM
DM: "You discover what appear to be normal pajamas..."

Dwarf: [in a deliberate yet uncertain voice] "Hail, pajamas! What business have ye in this land?.."

Jibartik
11-20-2022, 02:08 PM
Is critical roll a like a new DND ruleset? I hear it a lot but just cant understand new things no matter how hard I try.

goblinmob
11-20-2022, 02:10 PM
Is this the first meme?

zng5kRle4FA

Oh SHIT! I FUCKIN OWNED THIS GAME BACK IN THE DAY! that skit was probably the coolest eater egg I'd seen personally in a game.. been quoted many times... actually that's an audio skit done by the vestibules (who'da thunk) I didn't find that til years later...

goblinmob
11-20-2022, 02:11 PM
Is critical roll a like a new DND ruleset? I hear it a lot but just cant understand new things no matter how hard I try.

It's a YouTube show. The crew just live streams their sessions with guests and what not. Cool idea but I kinda get annoyed with the cast

Jibartik
11-20-2022, 02:24 PM
Im surprised there is not gameshow that is like a D&D

Imagine

WHEEL

OF

PAIN!

Reiwa
11-20-2022, 02:48 PM
It's a YouTube show. The crew just live streams their sessions with guests and what not. Cool idea but I kinda get annoyed with the cast

I watched one for a bit and it looked like Mario party irl but elf costumes.

Jibartik
11-20-2022, 02:51 PM
I thought someone tried to do D&D inside everquest not long ago? Wasn't there a thread?

Reiwa
11-20-2022, 02:52 PM
I thought someone tried to do D&D inside everquest not long ago? Wasn't there a thread?

that was grocer.

Jibartik
11-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Did it work? I thought someone was even doing a video for it but i dont think i ever saw it.

Jibartik
11-20-2022, 03:04 PM
What if players turned on PVP and they all larped as NPCs in highhold keep, and you could come try to fight them.

cant you bind in HHK? you can bind at your spawn point and walk back to your path :o

ever ready player westworld quest.

Mblake1981
11-20-2022, 03:17 PM
WKHI0r0_w_s

goblinmob
11-20-2022, 09:24 PM
What if players turned on PVP and they all larped as NPCs in highhold keep, and you could come try to fight them.

cant you bind in HHK? you can bind at your spawn point and walk back to your path :o

ever ready player westworld quest.

Maybe the big checkerboard in BB lol

goblinmob
11-20-2022, 09:32 PM
Im surprised there is not gameshow that is like a D&D

Imagine

WHEEL

OF

PAIN!

Well I did find this on YouTube lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eU5pdZOA9vc
(Help I can't make it do the picture)
It's an old British dungeon crawler gameshow hahaha

Reiwa
11-20-2022, 10:00 PM
Well I did find this on YouTube lol
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eU5pdZOA9vc
(Help I can't make it do the picture)
It's an old British dungeon crawler gameshow hahaha

That's cool I found this.

9AxkB_xJcz0

Jibartik
11-21-2022, 12:28 AM
I like the knightmare video this one was good too

zI-V4wGvfNo

Tongpow
11-24-2022, 07:50 PM
best DnD show i ever watched was a group from a starcraft podcast i followed, "Rollplay" was ran by this DM Neal who had a hardcore style and taught these dudes and gal 3.5
https://youtu.be/8WuzPcqsnDo?t=30
^ coolest shit i ever seen in DnD

loramin
12-27-2022, 12:49 PM
Sure, Riewa you can have the mp3 player though for the record I would have initially chosen to give that to Jibartik as he seems to me the most likely to be the one who would choose theatrical mood music according to what's going on in the game lol

So then I would choose Jibartik to be the Dungeon Master instead and I would give him the Belt of Gender Something (so we can all look down "her" shirt while she's leaning over the table moving miniatures or whatever for the players?..

I would have Bosanos in the party and give him the Full Spectrum Goggles. Have fun with that I guess..

Encroaching Death with the Everflowing Chalice. So he can drunkenly live out his fantasy of killing everything. (Every DnD group needs one of those)

Last, idk how bout Loramin with the Caveman Wig of Neanderthalic Intellect? I dunno, given his constant reference to the wiki, I'm kinda chuckling at the idea of somebody that meticulous restricted to only one syllable words in a game with so much "rules interpretation"

So that would be my cast
Jibartik - Dungeon Master
The Party -
Riewa, Bosanos, Encroaching Death, and Loramin

Heh, I just discovered this thread. Fun/silly idea OP.

I actually did play a dwarf in the Living Greyhawk campaign (Reznor Lutguhr) who was very terse ... but he wasn't monosyllabic.

In all honesty, I've thought about running some sort of RPG campaign with people here, but I've gotten sidetracked with other campaigns (and, if we're being honest, while I'd love to game with someone like Jimjam, a lot of the other people here kind of scare me).

Knuckle
12-27-2022, 01:19 PM
Critical Role is like watching improv actors at their worst. Totally ruins DND and brings in a large group of people more concerned with larping than tabletop.

Knuckle
12-27-2022, 01:21 PM
I like the knightmare video this one was good too

zI-V4wGvfNo

I had that VHS. remember us watching it Christmas after opening it. lol. The game was actually fun as fuck and to use for your own impromptu DND with the board and figures.

goblinmob
12-27-2022, 06:31 PM
Heh, I just discovered this thread. Fun/silly idea OP.

I actually did play a dwarf in the Living Greyhawk campaign (Reznor Lutguhr) who was very terse ... but he wasn't monosyllabic.

In all honesty, I've thought about running some sort of RPG campaign with people here, but I've gotten sidetracked with other campaigns (and, if we're being honest, while I'd love to game with someone like Jimjam, a lot of the other people here kind of scare me).

I think DnD only actually exists in our peripheral vision. And I've come to terms with that. I have an extensive history of reading and planning Dnd but the <100hrs of table time has been 50% Monte Python, 40% challenging a ruling on something insignificant, and 10% smoke breaks. I've probably never actually played dnd

goblinmob
12-27-2022, 06:34 PM
Critical Role is like watching improv actors at their worst. Totally ruins DND and brings in a large group of people more concerned with larping than tabletop.

Yeah dawg I checked it out cuz a lot of dnd content now mentioned this crew and 30seconds in I'm like "this is the most awkward employee appreciation dinner I've ever been to." But also any other bad things that I can't think of just now

loramin
12-27-2022, 07:22 PM
I think DnD only actually exists in our peripheral vision. And I've come to terms with that. I have an extensive history of reading and planning Dnd but the <100hrs of table time has been 50% Monte Python, 40% challenging a ruling on something insignificant, and 10% smoke breaks. I've probably never actually played dnd

LOL I know the feeling.

Tongpow
12-27-2022, 11:14 PM

the last time i got to play legit dnd in a room with people that wasn't some 5e Adventurers League bullshit someone mentioned getting into eq beta so yeah...

Encroaching Death
12-28-2022, 09:58 AM

Do I actually get to kill something or is this like a game or something?