PDA

View Full Version : New Blue: Night Blindness Mod?

Gustoo
11-15-2022, 11:15 PM
Green introduced a night blindness modification to emulate proper human erudite and barbarian blindness. It required the use of dynamic lighting and had a large impact on the performance of the game for many players, and the light effects were not classic, though blindness is classic.

Do you think the next new server should use this mod, or shelf it because it’s too shitty to force people to use again despite being a heroic effort by those involved to simulate proper day and night experiences.

Ananka
11-16-2022, 12:04 AM
I think the mod should be tweaked a bit for infravision users. It's a touch dark for the majority of players with infravision. However, I love the mod to the point where I now gravitate towards humans, erudites and barbarians. I love it so much for those races. I want the shadows and torch/lanterns usage to be in the game like it was originally in EverQuest. I started as a half elf bard in 1999 and was shocked by how dark the Surefall Glade tunnel was for humans without a light source. It's a totally different game being played by humans, etc.

I also applaud the efforts by the development team but it could be tweaked a bit.

Ananka
11-16-2022, 12:07 AM
I really didn't notice problems in the daytime. I'll have to be more observant or maybe it doesn't affect all. I couldn't click the poll because the daytime problems didn't affect me.

Ananka
11-16-2022, 03:48 AM
I've been playing in windowed mode for ages and the gamma slider doesn't work, it's always darker but I can see that in full screen mode it starts off bright and the gamma has to be lowered. So for me, please fix the gamma slider in windowed mode.

Gustoo
11-18-2022, 01:53 AM
For me it’s troubling and makes brightness wacky and hard to run on my laptop.

I prefer the blind races to be blind as much as I prefer monks to be naked humans with no items at all, but I’m not for ruining the game with a half effective mod to try to get the effect