PDA

View Full Version : Smerconish EQ caller today for "Dopamine Nation"

Crawdad
11-11-2022, 12:57 PM
I know there's a lot of brain rot and conspiracy-addled political talk here, so I imagine maybe one or two of you listen to Michael Smerconish, doubly so since one of you nerds called in today to talk about being addicted to EverQuest. If you don't and enjoy self flagulation/politics, he's a decent break from the wall-to-wall partisan talking heads.

Smerconish: https://www.smerconish.com/ -The interview from today will get loaded to his book club podcast later.

Anyways, he had on Dr. Anna Lempke today to talk about dopamine addiction. If you haven't and have a loved one/loved self addicted to this stuff, give it a listen.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/25/1030930259/in-dopamine-nation-overabundance-keeps-u-s-craving-more

All that to say call-in nerd "Eric", thank you for speaking the sacred words on XM radio today and causing who knows how many people to fall off the wagon (my guess is 3).

magnetaress
11-11-2022, 01:50 PM
wats dopamine i dont feel joy anymore at games

Reiwa
11-11-2022, 03:15 PM
https://popperfont.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/serotonin-and-dopamine.jpg

4th estate rehashing decade old 5th estate content.

Trexller
11-11-2022, 03:39 PM
did the caller specifically mention p99? or just "everquest"

Jibartik
11-11-2022, 05:02 PM
thats bad ass that you called OP

Castle2.0
11-11-2022, 06:44 PM
I know there's a lot of brain rot and conspiracy-addled political talk here, so I imagine maybe one or two of you listen to Michael Smerconish, doubly so since one of you nerds called in today to talk about being addicted to EverQuest. If you don't and enjoy self flagulation/politics, he's a decent break from the wall-to-wall partisan talking heads.

Smerconish: https://www.smerconish.com/ -The interview from today will get loaded to his book club podcast later.

Anyways, he had on Dr. Anna Lempke today to talk about dopamine addiction. If you haven't and have a loved one/loved self addicted to this stuff, give it a listen.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/08/25/1030930259/in-dopamine-nation-overabundance-keeps-u-s-craving-more

All that to say call-in nerd "Eric", thank you for speaking the sacred words on XM radio today and causing who knows how many people to fall off the wagon (my guess is 3).

Hahaha.. "independent" on CNN. Potentially more lefty than their resident "conservatives?" hard pass

Jibartik
11-11-2022, 07:57 PM
lol I thought that "iNDePeNDaNt!" looked like a democrat.

Crawdad
11-15-2022, 04:29 PM
did the caller specifically mention p99? or just "everquest"

Nah just EverQuest, thought some people here would just get a kick. I know I breath out my nose a little harder whenever I hear it mentioned offline.

Hahaha.. "independent" on CNN. Potentially more lefty than their resident "conservatives?" hard pass
I get it, he's not on the correct sporting team anymore.

lol I thought that "iNDePeNDaNt!" looked like a democrat.
Hey look that brain rot I mentioned.

Here I'll even drop an 8 hour youtube link, you guys are usually into that stuff
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPuH3BJPsMU

Chortles Snortles
11-15-2022, 04:38 PM
DUDE THEY SAID EVERQUEST ON MY RADIO PROGRAM
(lol)

unsunghero
11-15-2022, 05:20 PM
Read the article, fairly basic common sense stuff

Can’t listen to the bit yet because at work but I might. Good to know it’s CNN aka biased as F

Jimjam
11-15-2022, 05:27 PM
I remember finding some large yank in an everquest t shirt while visiting warhammer world. It was an exciting moment for me. Let op have his exciting moment of eq existing outside his basement for a mo.

unsunghero
11-16-2022, 09:57 PM
Got around to listening to this

She says one of the most powerful contributors to potential for addiction is simple access. Even moreso than a history of trauma, social inequality, or unemployment

“If you live in an area where drugs are easily accessible, you are more likely to become addicted to them”

You don’t say?? So we should crack down via police on drugs being trafficked across our border and peddled to our poorest citizens on the streets?

Nahhh. And the way they justify in this podcast not cracking down on these is muddying the waters by conflating addicts with dealers: “imprisoning drug addicts is not the solution”. No one is saying anything about the addicts. What about the fucking DEALERS. Weird no discussion about that huh? Because cracking down on dealing hard drugs should not be a controversial position. It should be obvious. But it’s not. Whiny advocates keep coming in and muddying the waters by conflating addicts with dealers and distributors

Reiwa
11-16-2022, 10:33 PM
You don’t say?? So we should crack down via police on drugs being trafficked across our border and peddled to our poorest citizens on the streets?

Nahhh. And the way they justify in this podcast not cracking down on these is muddying the waters by conflating addicts with dealers: “imprisoning drug addicts is not the solution”. No one is saying anything about the addicts. What about the fucking DEALERS. Weird no discussion about that huh? Because cracking down on dealing hard drugs should not be a controversial position. It should be obvious. But it’s not. Whiny advocates keep coming in and muddying the waters by conflating addicts with dealers and distributors

We don't have jurisdiction to prosecute Hondurans or other uninvited guests; refer to the homeless face tattoos guy from earlier.

Hope this helps.

unsunghero
11-16-2022, 10:41 PM
We don't have jurisdiction to prosecute Hondurans or other uninvited guests; refer to the homeless face tattoos guy from earlier.

Hope this helps.

How are they even showing up uninvited tho. Is the border even secure?

Oh shit, I guess it is. Homeland security just said as of yesterday, our border is secure

Reiwa
11-16-2022, 10:44 PM

Oh shit, I guess it is. Homeland security just said as of yesterday, our border is secure

https://www.project1999.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=19644&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1668652735

Asylum seekers get something called parole unless they're a known baddie. That counts as a crossing. The more you focus on building the stupid wall the less you deal with what you should consider the actual problem.

unsunghero
11-16-2022, 10:48 PM
Asylum seekers get something called parole unless they're a known baddie. The more you focus on building the stupid wall the less you deal with what you should consider the actual problem.

The actual problem in this thread are the hard drugs, being mass produced in Mexico and carried by hand and maybe sometimes in other devious ways across the border in massive quantities

I don’t care if it’s a Mexican, Honduran, or a ferret with the drugs up it’s ass, we need to do a better job of catching them

We also need to stop turning a blind eye to people doing drugs and peddling drugs in plain sight on ghetto streets. At the very least cops should walk up and confiscate and destroy those drugs en masse, then start shaking down people about where they got them. Throw the book at the low level dealers to get them to snitch on the high level dealers

IMO

Reiwa
11-16-2022, 10:51 PM
The actual problem in this thread are the hard drugs, being mass produced in Mexico and carried by hand and maybe sometimes in other devious ways across the border in massive quantities

I don’t care if it’s a Mexican, Honduran, or a ferret with the drugs up it’s ass, we need to do a better job of catching them

We also need to stop turning a blind eye to people doing drugs and peddling drugs in plain sight on ghetto streets. At the very least cops should walk up and confiscate and destroy those drugs en masse, then start shaking down people about where they got them. Throw the book at the low level dealers to get them to snitch on the high level dealers

IMO

Recipe for lawsuits dude. Losing lawsuits under current law and jurisprudence. Remember the separated detainee cash settlements?

I take no pleasure in reporting this.

unsunghero
11-16-2022, 10:54 PM
Recipe for lawsuits dude. Losing lawsuits under current law and jurisprudence. Remember the separated detainee cash settlements?

I take no pleasure in reporting this.

Lawsuits for what? Confiscating someone’s drugs? In poor areas in my state cops will literally walk right by someone shooting up which is fucking ridiculous. If cops are being held back by litigation then maybe we need to fire some judges and hire some sensible ones

Reiwa
11-16-2022, 11:00 PM
Lawsuits for what? Confiscating someone’s drugs? In poor areas in my state cops will literally walk right by someone shooting up which is fucking ridiculous. If cops are being held back by litigation then maybe we need to fire some judges and hire some sensible ones

Unlawful search and seizure comes to mind, but I ANAL

Also you misspelled justices.

unsunghero
11-16-2022, 11:06 PM
Unlawful search and seizure comes to mind, but I ANAL

Also you misspelled justices.

No it is true that while the search wouldn’t be unlawful because there would be suspicion of a crime, a decent amount of people might resist the search

And these people won’t have unlimited means, once the drugs get taken, they will probably think about doing something illegal to get the money for more

But IDGAF. Natural consequences then. You try to fight a cop who’s trying to take your drugs away, or go rob someone to get money for more, you suffer the consequences. Still better than death from a drug overdose

If I was in charge of policing I would say to my officers bring me all the fent and meth. I’d have contests and bonuses to whatever could confiscate more, bring me it by the truckload. And throw the book at dealers, make people actually fear dealing drugs. Right now it’s a great career path. Get that shit out of my city

But I the opposite of anal. Nothing in or around my ass. Unless it’s a particular planet of the apes doll

Reiwa
11-16-2022, 11:10 PM
No it is true that while the search wouldn’t be unlawful because there would be suspicion of a crime, a decent amount of people might resist the search

And these people won’t have unlimited means, once the drugs get taken, they will probably think about doing something illegal to get the money for more

But IDGAF. Natural consequences then. You try to fight a cop who’s trying to take your drugs away, or go rob someone to get money for more, you suffer the consequences. Still better than death from a drug overdose

If I was in charge of policing I would say to my officers bring me all the fent and meth. I’d have contests and bonuses to whatever could confiscate more, bring me it by the truckload. And throw the book at dealers, make people actually fear dealing drugs. Right now it’s a great career path. Get that shit out of my city

But I the opposite of anal. Nothing in or around my ass. Unless it’s a particular planet of the apes doll

Your understanding begins at scaling the time and cost of litigation up to thousands.

LdMb9D9WF5k

Reiwa
11-16-2022, 11:21 PM
I just don't think Tromp is that guy.

4g7mUeqUHWM

magnetaress
11-16-2022, 11:26 PM

look at all these new us army applicants ! :o

magnetaress
11-16-2022, 11:26 PM
I just don't think Tromp is that guy.

4g7mUeqUHWM

tromp is the guy to get biden v2 re-ellected so hehehehehehe gl on that )