PDA

View Full Version : This is what is wrong with our culture and our LAW

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 10:52 AM
Pieper Lewis, 18, walked out of the Fresh Start Women’s Center around 6:15 a.m. and cut off a GPS monitor, according to a probation violation report obtained by the Des Moines Register.

She was sentenced in September to five years of closely supervised probation and order to pay $150,000 to the family of 37-year-old Zachary Brooks.

Lewis said she stabbed Brooks to death in a fit of rage two years ago after he raped her multiple times when she was 15 years old.

Prosecutors did not dispute that Lewis was a victim of sex trafficking, but argued that Brooks was asleep when he was stabbed and did not pose an immediate threat.

The $150,000 that Lewis was ordered to pay to Brooks’ family elicited widespread criticism, but the judge in the case said “this court is presented with no other option” since restitution is mandatory under Iowa law.

SEE ALSO
Left image is Willard Miller listening during a reverse waiver hearing on May 6, 2022 in Fairfield, Iowa; Right image is Jeremy Everett Goodale listening during a reverse waiver hearing on April 28, 2022 in Fairfield, Iowa; Inset is Nohema Graber
Iowa teenagers killed their Spanish teacher over bad grade: prosecutor
A GoFundMe campaign created to pay that restitution raised well over half a million dollars.

WTF is this restitution bullshit? The man should have been killed by the state, but this lady had to do it herself, you know why?? You cannot rely on governments to protect you or build good communities. And those students should be put to death. UNLESS society is is going to incarcerate them for life in a humane and Morally Christian way.

as far as this goes only G-d can judge this butt man inserting his money into this business is a RAPE of the free will and G-d Given freedom of this country we don't live in a safe or Christian country because of this kind of bullshit

Reiwa
11-07-2022, 11:08 AM
Murder gets a penalty multiplier if you do it in cold blood because it means your crocodile is in charge.

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 11:30 AM
blood was not cold she was probably having a ptsd flashback at least she didnt take it out on an innocent

also crocodiles aren't evil they are G-d's creation.

Our actions thru the state coupled with our greed may have fully woken that croc tho. It's probably too late for her.

Reiwa
11-07-2022, 11:34 AM
blood was not cold she was probably having a ptsd flashback at least she didnt take it out on an innocent

also crocodiles aren't evil they are G-d's creation.

Our actions thru the state may have fully woken that croc tho. It's probably too late for her.

If your heart was as a light as a feather, you passed Maat's test, and entered your afterlife. But, if your heart was heavy, Ammut would move swiftly and gobble you up. (https://egypt.mrdonn.org/weighingheart.html)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/60/Ammit.svg/800px-Ammit.svg.png

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 12:19 PM
so not evil

p.s. i don't believe in the egyptian pantheon they where trying to make sense of g-d and just did animals instead

Jibartik
11-07-2022, 12:26 PM
CNN and MSNBC says that nobody is above the law.

And Biden and Democrat leaders say we have rule of law and that we wont if we elect trump.

How come no bankers went to jail for the 2008 crash or hunter is allowed to do crack on TV?

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 12:38 PM
They are nasty extra smelly crocs. We are too scared of them tho. Do more good deeds.

Reiwa
11-07-2022, 12:40 PM
so not evil

p.s. i don't believe in the egyptian pantheon they where trying to make sense of g-d and just did animals instead

Take it seriously, not literally. Or the crocodile in your brain will eat the lion in your heart.

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 12:42 PM
my heart is crocodillian :o

hippos are also dedly tho lawl more so than croc tbh

Smoofers
11-07-2022, 12:59 PM
"alleged rapist"

Jibartik
11-07-2022, 01:00 PM
The political and economic crisis today is a direct result of the economic and political crash of 2008 and MAGA/Qanon is Occupy Wallstreet.

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 01:09 PM
"alleged rapist"

I dislike the word alleged. It's missused. Changed meaning. Abused.

Literally it was proven in court she was trafficked. It's between two people. One abusive one a victim.

Why the state even had to get involved... where was her family, village in all of this? Her tribe and ours is brought to shame.

Jibartik
11-07-2022, 01:12 PM
Listening to women cry on CNN about how they were coerced to get an abortion by that guy in Georga only strengthens my opinion that abortion should be illegal. They're crying that they got one, and they were coerced by a sexual preditor to get one.

Ban abortions like the GA guy who wants to ban abortions because he's learned from his sins.

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 01:14 PM
People can't self defense. All this wonderful technology and rules and we are still at the mercy of mighty overloards like Amazon.

Danth
11-07-2022, 01:49 PM
WTF is this restitution bullshit?

Timidity in practice, is what it is. Someone knows it's wrong but orders it anyway because he's too scared of losing his comfy lifestyle to say "No." For the most part the law is not designed to promote justice, it's designed to protect the interests of those who have political power.

That being said, I do not support the government executing its own citizens. The government's far too corrupt to allow it to wield such power. If you want capital punishment, tie the criminal to a chair and leave him alone with his victim(s) (or a representative of the victims) for an hour. I'm also a strong proponent of jury nullification in cases of victims getting justice or revenge on their own because the broken legal system won't do so. Notably I also get excused from jury duty any time that phrase comes up....Uncle Sam doesn't like people utilizing their rights.

-----------------------------------------------

Here's an unrelated question: Why do you keep putting a hyphen in the word "god?" That's a deliberate action so I assume there's a purpose to it which I'm as yet ignorant of.

Danth

Jibartik
11-07-2022, 01:58 PM
I dont want to answer for magna but I believe that is becuase magna is aware that we do not know the name of god yet :o

Evia
11-07-2022, 02:01 PM
Here's an unrelated question: Why do you keep putting a hyphen in the word "god?" That's a deliberate action so I assume there's a purpose to it which I'm as yet ignorant of.

Danth[/QUOTE]

I've also wondered this. seems as tho you treat God as the "one who shall not be named" which is interesting.

magnetaress
11-07-2022, 02:05 PM
Answered by
Rabbi Victor S. Appell

Writing "G-d" instead of God is a fairly recent custom in America. Many believe this to be a sign of respect, and the custom comes from an interpretation of the commandment in Deuteronomy 12:3-4 regarding the destruction of pagan altars. According to the medieval commentator, Rashi, we should not erase or destroy God’s name and should avoid writing it.

1) in order to not blaspheme by destroying his name
2) out of deference and respect
3) I can't speak directly for him
4) I don't know his sacred name(s) and wouldn't use them anyway

Lastly no one is making me. It's personal.

Jibartik
11-07-2022, 02:16 PM
Lastly no one is making me. It's personal.

f yea, YE style.