PDA

View Full Version : Does blind count as fear for dot damage?

Renault
11-06-2022, 09:15 AM
Was thinking about snagging one of these to use when chant kiting - idea would be to fear kite til it procs, then back off and use chant dots for lazy soloing.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Wrapped_Entropy_Serpent_Spine

Would the blind status, with the mob running around wildly, have the full dot damage running?

Tann
11-06-2022, 09:42 AM
I'd already tried this a while back, mob takes less damage. Posted on bug forum just in case it's not supposed to be doing that

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402673

loramin
11-06-2022, 11:15 AM
Memories are crap, but from what I remember of playing Loramin on live, this is working as intended.

If blind did equate to fear on live, Shaman like me would have been DoTing and blinding elephants across the Karanas (but we weren't).

Snaggles
11-06-2022, 01:12 PM
It only fears if not in melee range. I would pass on the concept. Your chants are going to do way less damage without a drum. I’d just practice fear range so you take less damage and keep all the dots rolling.

Tann
11-06-2022, 03:21 PM
I swear I had read that ranger bow shots did full damage to mobs in the blind/fear state because it's not rooted or running, shame that dots don't follow that if it's true.

Renault
11-06-2022, 04:18 PM
If blind did equate to fear on live, Shaman like me would have been DoTing and blinding elephants across the Karanas (but we weren't).

You didn't have snare so not sure it would have made sense to do it.

Renault
11-06-2022, 04:18 PM
It only fears if not in melee range. I would pass on the concept. Your chants are going to do way less damage without a drum. I’d just practice fear range so you take less damage and keep all the dots rolling.

The point is if I don't have to roll fear I can roll an additional dot - plus i wouldn't have to run into melee range to land the PBAOE fear

Tann
11-06-2022, 05:09 PM
It still works, just not full damage.. convenience factor by not running in circles doing a regular chant kite.

Could also "charm rot", chant chant chant charm /pet guard. 3 ticks of full damage give or take.

loramin
11-06-2022, 05:27 PM
You didn't have snare so not sure it would have made sense to do it.

It doesn't matter, snare or no. A way to do full DoT damage without taking any damage would be awesome if it worked ... but, again, it doesn't work.

Snaggles
11-06-2022, 10:09 PM
The only thing a WESS is good for in 2022 is a belt with MR.

Best case your hoping for proc RNG and having to swap back to a drum. If you roll snare, fear, and two chants your gimping DPS for an 11/23 weapon. You selos is gimped if things go poorly.

In most cases you can land snare/fear, and all three chants before snare wears off. Not sure what else to mix in. Even if snare or fear fades for a fraction of a second it’s quicker kill speed.

Vivitron
11-07-2022, 02:35 PM
The only thing a WESS is good for in 2022 is a belt with MR.

I used it to solo a Priest of Discord on my bard. Like the classic melee-mez-heal-melee-mez-heal strategy, but using wess blind instead of mez because you can't mez or fear him.

He's not a practical farm target or anything, but it was fun to see the idea work.

Renault
11-08-2022, 07:29 AM
I used it to solo a Priest of Discord on my bard. Like the classic melee-mez-heal-melee-mez-heal strategy, but using wess blind instead of mez because you can't mez or fear him.

He's not a practical farm target or anything, but it was fun to see the idea work.

That's a really neat trick.

Another thing to note is that fear and blind interact strangely. Basically the blind status takes priority over fear, as in:

(1) If you fear a mob, the mob runs
(2) If you blind a mob but stay in melee range, but mob attacks you
(3) If you fear a blind mob, the mob attacks you still until blind wears off

Toxigen
11-08-2022, 11:11 AM
That's a really neat trick.

Another thing to note is that fear and blind interact strangely. Basically the blind status takes priority over fear, as in:

(1) If you fear a mob, the mob runs
(2) If you blind a mob but stay in melee range, but mob attacks you
(3) If you fear a blind mob, the mob attacks you still until blind wears off

I see your name and I can't help but think back to the R25.

https://www.espn.com/racing/news/story?series=f1&id=2227063