dis is painful

change :(

unsunghero
10-26-2022, 08:38 PM
Let’s see it

magnetaress
10-26-2022, 09:16 PM
my ui is so cringe right now

i can't settle on control schema :(((( my old one was nice but i deleted it and cant remember it...

i'm going with like qwerfvzc`1234tgb then modifiers so shift + all that

SADLY u need literally 4x12 = 48 whole total keybinds to play priest in this game :(

i will screen shot it in action when dun

movement keys are like a s d x a strafe --- s forward d strafe x back...

magnetaress
10-26-2022, 10:03 PM
here's

https://i.imgur.com/5HyDHDd.png
https://i.imgur.com/aGCJIPM.png

four rows of hotbuttons is not overkill :( SADLY it's barely enough even with doubling spells on macro with heal/harm macros (two in one buttons)

just makes me want to play eq again (

magnetaress
10-26-2022, 10:10 PM
there's hidden elements like the cast bar (in between target and me portrait), pet bar, stancce bar stuff not showing up ... cuz i'm just in theorycrafting mode not actually doing stuff

it needs more work i'll pboably hide that big ugly virtical bar on the right and move it on the otherside of the quest txt/log, may move quest log to left side, chat lower right and move toolip down nearer there too

it sucks that the screen is cluttered with UI... i may put buff spells back up top out of the way and rely soley on WA again for buff/debuff tracking its a messs but it works really good sommetimes it can even blow an airhorn sound so i know to press a button like the loser i am :(

totally 1000% skinner boxxed i wish I could actually design games

would be two hotbars max 10 keys u ever could bind and the game would be designed to work with that and everything else would be unobtrusive, important debuffs/buffs would show on ur character in game or as icons near ur character only in combat everything else would be tucked away unless u looked/opened it for static buffs and stuff that just doesnt need visual representation

i use my mouse for tab target/focus target tracking/assist etc

since i heal and stuff i usually have a big chonken raid frame in my screen hence all that extra real estate reserved for raid frame upto 40 ppl

magnetaress
10-26-2022, 10:16 PM
in EQ i make better use of horizontal space by abusing /viewport which is sweet af cuz then i have everything on one side of the screen and view port is up around... for a totally 100% UNIMPEEDED view of the game world <3

:( but u have to be able to scan eyes between ur character/feet/and the boss and ur cooldowns in wow so u need ur hotbars with their CD's NEAR where u gotta scan hp/target/castbars, swirlies etc...

some REALLY intelligent ppl get by hiding their hotbars and just usuing WA to track cooldowns but my brain forgets keybinds so i have to sometimes see what i bound my keytoo so may as well just look on the hotbar for CD usage

unsunghero
10-28-2022, 07:28 PM
The only hotkeys you need to see displayed are abilities with timers, right?

As you get more used to your hotkey setup, you shouldn’t need to see the bindings anymore. I had over 450 days /played on my rank 14 hunter, so I still to this day have all of his keybinds memorized

But your keybind selection makes a lot of sense. I would do the same thing, working out from WASD with the closest letters and shift+those being the abilities you use the most. I never try to stretch past #6 or letters G, V

magnetaress
10-28-2022, 09:28 PM
Yeah. Try as I may. I develop muscle memory for like 5 abilities tops. They're usually some defensive ability that will save my butt. Like fade. Desperate prayer. Rapture. Or flash heal. Lock rocks. And a health potion.

They usually wind up on the single digit keybinds.