PDA

View Full Version : What is "double shrinking"?

tadkins
10-22-2022, 05:38 PM
Reading through the Magician page on the wiki, I came across this.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magician#Picking_the_Right_Race

Just wondering what that means. How badly would I be screwed if I didn't pick a gnome? If I wanted to pick an erudite or a dark elf mage, wouldn't I just need to carry a shrink potion? What else would I need other than that?

sajbert
10-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Using 2 shrink pots charges.

Shrink isn’t all that for a mage. It is nice to be small and I’d roll a gnome myself. Dark elf also nice for hide and erudite for MR.

With mage you can go with any race and feel good about it.

tadkins
10-22-2022, 05:47 PM
Using 2 shrink pots charges.

Shrink isn’t all that for a mage. It is nice to be small and I’d roll a gnome myself. Dark elf also nice for hide and erudite for MR.

With mage you can go with any race and feel good about it.

So all I would have to do is carry a shrink pot in that case if I wanted access to that trick? Thanks very much.

Yep I'm going to roll a mage next (already collected half the focus item pieces for him) and I'm having a hard time deciding on race/deity, lol. All of 'em are appealing in their own ways.

PatChapp
10-23-2022, 03:30 AM
Race doesn't mean anything for a mage,nor does gear really.
Mage can level to 50+ in cloth gear.
Pick the race you like looking at

Vaarsuvius
10-23-2022, 07:41 AM

Just wondering what that means. How badly would I be screwed if I didn't pick a gnome? If I wanted to pick an erudite or a dark elf mage, wouldn't I just need to carry a shrink potion? What else would I need other than that?

You won't, 10 dose Srhink potions are not that expensive or hard to make

Get shrunk twice by a shaman or a war with a Seb bracer, or drink a single dose of ant's legs potion.
There, you're small enough now even if you're a HE to see through walls and summon an Eye of Zomm at zone line; but you won't need to worry about that before you're 55 and can cast Call of the Hro

Balimon
10-25-2022, 07:29 PM

You only need to shrink once, it's bugged and always shrinks double per click/cast. You're not screwed at all not picking gnome, you just have to realize that you will have to carry around shrink pots to do your COTHing duties. Play the race you like!

loramin
10-25-2022, 07:35 PM
How badly would I be screwed if I didn't pick a gnome? If I wanted to pick an erudite or a dark elf mage, wouldn't I just need to carry a shrink potion? What else would I need other than that?

Terribly, absolutely, and very awfully screwed, because ... gnomes are awesome, and you're missing out on playing one :p

But certainly not because of the size thing; as others have said, that's just about the annoyance of needing to buy/recharge potions periodically ... if you even raid.

Dogz_SS
10-31-2022, 03:24 PM
If you want to raid, pick gnome.

Jimjam
12-04-2022, 04:29 AM
Terribly, absolutely, and very awfully screwed, because ... gnomes are awesome, and you're missing out on playing one :p

But certainly not because of the size thing; as others have said, that's just about the annoyance of needing to buy/recharge potions periodically ... if you even raid.

Gnomes are exclusively for players with excessive addictions and comorbid personality disorders. Never trust a gnome.