PDA

View Full Version : Proposal for Angry Goblin Player Agreement Change

Marathon
10-21-2022, 11:20 PM
Hey Blue Team,

I'd like to propose we make a change to the player agreement on Angry Goblin. It would require substantial community support to change it, but I think it's worth considering.

I'm proposing we change the agreement to a random roll 1000 at the beginning of the window. The winner waits out the window. This would be very similar to the way we currently handle the Ring 8 roll. There are obviously caveats we need to add if the winner doesn't complete the turn in, but we can look at those details if there is actually some support for this.

As it stands the current agreement, in my opinion, is absolutely grueling and designed to be a waste of a lot of peoples time.

Please share your thoughts, thank you.

Ripqozko
10-22-2022, 12:21 AM
No thanks, I like the current rules.

Marathon
10-22-2022, 12:22 AM
What do you like?

Ripqozko
10-22-2022, 12:50 AM
What do you like?

Things to stay the same, everything is fine.

mycoolrausch
10-22-2022, 05:42 PM
MQ SWC to your main char you enjoy the most. Forget the ring. Or you can spend your life rolling for a pointless item to equip your 4th alt you never play like all the other people there.

Foxplay
10-22-2022, 06:35 PM
Another 3days another angry proposal thread

Philistine
10-25-2022, 12:09 PM
This seems like a reasonable change. People could still lurk to make sure the turn-in gets done like they do at ring8.

What is the downside to this change?

loramin
10-25-2022, 12:15 PM
You're in the wrong place. If you want to get a player agreement changed, it doesn't matter what even a thousand forum posters say: all that matters is what the people who are actually at the roll say.

If you can convince everyone at the roll to follow the new rules for a while (the staff has never specified exactly how long: maybe a week or two?) then those become the official new (GM-enforced) server rules. If you can't, the rules stay the same.

But again, all the forum is really good for is listening to people, and understanding their objections to the new rules, so that you can address them ... at the roll.

Naerron
10-25-2022, 03:22 PM
This is prob the best idea i've ever heard for it. i've been trying since 2019 and never won. Had to buy the use of a ring to get SWC.

I would argue that winning angry roll is harder and requires more time than:

1. grinding to 60
2. joining a raiding guild
3. earning dkp to buy a vulak, aow ring, or both.
4. grinding the plat to buy a SWC MQ

Arvan
10-25-2022, 03:43 PM
No

Philistine
10-25-2022, 04:11 PM
Those who are saying no, everything is fine, etc. I'm curious why? Wouldn't you rather do something else with your time than sit for up to 7 hours waiting for something to pop that odds are against you winning?

I'm genuinely asking - not trying to be snotty or argumentative.

Ripqozko
10-25-2022, 04:42 PM
Those who are saying no, everything is fine, etc. I'm curious why? Wouldn't you rather do something else with your time than sit for up to 7 hours waiting for something to pop that odds are against you winning?

things are good way it is, sorry you dont got, hope that helps.

Foxplay
10-25-2022, 06:13 PM
Roll at the start of the window would make winning angry way harder not easier. The terrible stare at a wall roll as horrible and annoying it is keeps the numbers or people willing to attend each roll lower. If it was roll at start of window it would be far more people rolling

Foxplay
10-25-2022, 06:17 PM

Because rolling against 20-30 ppl is easier than rolling against 100ppl. If you don't think the number of people rolling would at least double if it was roll at start of window your naive

Philistine
10-25-2022, 07:25 PM
Because rolling against 20-30 ppl is easier than rolling against 100ppl. If you don't think the number of people rolling would at least double if it was roll at start of window your naive

Hi Fox!

Not naive, was just curious. Thanks for the response! I now understand that generally speaking folks who have time/inclination to roll under current agreement prefer it because it keeps numbers down. Not an unreasonable perspective even if I'd make a different choice.

Thanks for the insight!

Arvan
10-25-2022, 10:13 PM
There's a lot of problems with the proposal and yeah having it be more crowded is a big one.

Other negatives: Eventually (probably more often than you think) someone will win and then not be available 7 hours later or whenever it spawns. Then what? Back to roll on spawn? Then what's even the point of more rules.

Also: There is no accountability for the winner actually having the report to skargus/the needed faction. This can and will cause massive issues. I've seen more times i can count at scout roll people either forgetting the scout tools or forgetting they lost faction sometime. Why introduce risk for no reason?

Pootle
10-26-2022, 04:14 AM
There will be an increase of people rolling for their guildmates, because which of the roll loosers is going to sit around for the entire window just to check that the winner actually does the turn in / looting.

What about the reporting of when the start of the next window starts, who decides exactly what second the following roll starts at, and where is this information shared. A lot of variables that will lead to people missing the next roll and rightly complaining that its not fair.

Have to agree with Foxplay above... you will see a LOT more people rolling.

Ripqozko
10-26-2022, 10:50 AM
If we gonna change anything get rid of scout rolls. Make it so you can sell loot rights. Make scout great again .

xdrcfrx
10-28-2022, 11:13 AM
nah

Ripqozko
10-28-2022, 11:17 AM
nah

Spacepope might finally get one

Toxigen
10-28-2022, 11:42 AM
protip: you dont need SWC to enjoy everquest

Ripqozko
10-28-2022, 11:51 AM
protip: you dont need SWC to enjoy everquest

Imagine not having one or only one, yikes .

Philistine
11-04-2022, 12:01 AM
There's a lot of problems with the proposal and yeah having it be more crowded is a big one.

Other negatives: Eventually (probably more often than you think) someone will win and then not be available 7 hours later or whenever it spawns. Then what? Back to roll on spawn? Then what's even the point of more rules.

Also: There is no accountability for the winner actually having the report to skargus/the needed faction. This can and will cause massive issues. I've seen more times i can count at scout roll people either forgetting the scout tools or forgetting they lost faction sometime. Why introduce risk for no reason?

Hi Arvan,

Not sure how I missed this response but I wanted to thank you for the thoughtful points you make. I am convinced by it and get why it seems subject to shenanigans and other problems.

This server is so full of snark and people trying to burn each other all the time I feel like opportunities for actual discussion are often lost.

Very refreshing.