PDA

View Full Version : Other than "gold".

magnetaress
10-21-2022, 05:18 PM
Best way to consolidate wealth prior to communism. Or rampant inflation?

Let's say u want to be cool during the apocalypse butt u aren't a prepper, not going to be dodging IR drones behind rain sodden cardboard. Ur going to get a leg up in the new rat race after taking the mark of the beast.

How to go about this?

Reiwa
10-21-2022, 05:48 PM
RLySXTIBS3c

Rethalis
10-21-2022, 05:49 PM
Food and ammo

goblinmob
10-21-2022, 05:58 PM
I'm gonna imagine booze would hold value in said era

Also..
..butt..heh heh

[Edit] agreeing with what I think Reiwa's pointing out, applicable knowledge and the ability to put it to use is more and more scarce. Nobody is gonna care why you still think Pluto is a planet if nobody can fix the generator, or pump, or-you get it already...

unsunghero
10-21-2022, 06:13 PM

goblinmob
10-21-2022, 06:18 PM

lmao!

Jibartik
10-21-2022, 06:19 PM
Best way to consolidate wealth prior to communism. Or rampant inflation?

Let's say u want to be cool during the apocalypse butt u aren't a prepper, not going to be dodging IR drones behind rain sodden cardboard. Ur going to get a leg up in the new rat race after taking the mark of the beast.

How to go about this?

Probably Canadian silver coins IMO.

They're like 20-30% cheaper than the Silver Eagle coins.

And since they're made by the goverment, if you had one to give to someone to let them slip you under the compartment of their truck, they would feel more confident it's a legit silver/currency.

So it gives it a bit more of a "cash in hand" value than just a lump of silver, just because of its recognizability.

It's also not a major loss for just standard savings/long term investing, because you're not paying more than you would if you paid for the silver on an exchange.

I also think gold in small bits is good for cash on hand, but not as reliable as a maple leaf or bald eagle is.

Even after the collapse. Peace of mind is more valuable than anything then.

Jibartik
10-21-2022, 06:26 PM
Food and ammo

Unfortunately bullets are often a better currency... since when I try to exchange my Canadian silver dollars for them, rethalils will instead just give me one, very quickly, in exchange for all my silver coins.

goblinmob
10-21-2022, 06:41 PM
Unfortunately bullets are often a better currency... since when I try to exchange my Canadian silver dollars for them, rethalils will instead just give me one, very quickly, in exchange for all my silver coins.

lol!

l0053g0053
10-21-2022, 07:40 PM
It is always a good time to buy real estate. Even people who bought at the top in 2008, if they held onto the property, ended up making 3x what they paid.

Any land near developing towns is nice as well, low taxes and you just sit on it for a few years. I am planning on developing a few small projects during next recession.

If you are handy, consider a fixer upper in your same town. I gutted my first house to the studs and redid everything, 3x what I paid, ended up with a very tidy profit after selling and paying off mortgage.

Don't panic sell, just sit on it.

Danth
10-21-2022, 08:06 PM
Best way to consolidate wealth prior to communism.

Go for international investments and get into multiple currencies. If one currency falls, you can protect yourself. If they ALL fall, you have much larger problems to worry about than on-paper wealth.

If you want to hoard metals you'll usually have to obtain them in small quantities over an extended period of time and keep them secret owing to U.S. regulations on such things, especially gold.

Jibartik
10-21-2022, 09:32 PM
me with my canadian silver coins during the collapse and the reptoids watching:

WoOlYCWoZbs

Rethalis
10-22-2022, 01:52 AM

I wouldn't want any canuk silver.

nilzark
10-22-2022, 09:20 AM
Guns and ammo; high powered rifles more useful than pistols; hope you live in USA when the collapse happens, preferably in rural Montana or some other area that looks similar to Red Dawn (the one with Patrick Swayze).

l0053g0053
10-22-2022, 09:35 AM
Guns and ammo doesnt matter since you have to sleep at some point. The largest threat will be large mobs of roving, starving idiots, who will be extremely emboldened when you shoot at a few of them, " HE HAS AMMO! " and they will not stop. Utilizing fire constantly to try and get you out.

Look at all the classical seiges of the medieval times if you want to understand what will be coming your way

If you want to go that route, invest in a good set of night vision optics.

If we are talking "End of the world" hoarding. Your best bet is

beans
rice
oats

stored in 5gal buckets with liners and nitrogen gas injected before storage, lasts 15 years. Dried corn lasts an incredibly long time too.

You can put multiple buckets or mylar bags in a 55 gal drum and bury it out by your barn or wherever your bug out location is.

Honestly the most important thing will be mobility, multile spiderholes to escape and regroup. If you are alone, you really want to be mobile.

All the fudds, all the preppers, ect, will be happy as clams for the first 2 months, until their limited supplies run out, then eat eachother alive.

1 year minimum is a good food stash. Easy with complete protien(beans, rice, lentils, oats, corn, salt, seasoning) It wont be amazing, but hey, you will not be starving to death and trying to trade a 1000 rounds of 5.56 for a can of tuna.

Reiwa
10-22-2022, 10:27 AM

It would probably have high levels of sulfur and other inclusions, like their oil that Tromp bought so much of.

Jibartik
10-22-2022, 11:53 AM
Guns and ammo; high powered rifles more useful than pistols; hope you live in USA when the collapse happens, preferably in rural Montana or some other area that looks similar to Red Dawn (the one with Patrick Swayze).

Yeah if you live in USA you don't "need" a gun now, because if you just sleep through opening night, you'll be able to walk around in the morning and pick them up off all the dead bodies like you're playing Day Z

Jibartik
10-22-2022, 12:03 PM

The reason you buy canadan silver is becaus there is a 30% tax on satan usa bald eagle silver dollars.

So any real patriot would accept a "canuck" coin over a "satan branded" (https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/new-testament-studies/article/abs/solomon-and-666-revelation-1318/A6CEF70BFD261E6980C36E75B5001C3D) any day.

But the only reason youll be giving silver to someone after the appocalypse is to hide, and you dont want to be negotiating the "weight" of your silver when you're trying to get someone to hide you.

You want to hand them 10$ of silver, that they can trust, so they can hide you before the NWO police come bursting through their door.

Hope this helps!

magnetaress
10-22-2022, 03:13 PM
I've settled on turnip seeds.

Basanos
10-22-2022, 03:14 PM
don't overlook yeast and cricket farms

goblinmob
10-22-2022, 03:29 PM
I've settled on turnip seeds.

But don't you want to plant a bullet orchard for future generations to flourish?

magnetaress
10-22-2022, 03:34 PM
But don't you want to plant a bullet orchard for future generations to flourish?

Turnips are hard until u cook them. Propellant will be hard to come by tho. So it's better to feed ur Turnips to babies and give them sharp pointy sticks. They are then self propelling and replicating. Also great compost after mission complete.

This is why humans where allowed to continue breeding and why Enki tried to improve on them.

Turnip seeds.