PDA

View Full Version : longer angry golbin time

Tunawiggle
10-18-2022, 06:22 PM
Angry goblin roll time needs to change from 10 seconds to 20-30 seconds. Sitting at a camps for 5-7 hours at a time to be told your late and your roll doesn't count after being there for multiple hours is dumb AF. Especially when you get congratulated by other players that know who the real winner should be.

Ripqozko
10-18-2022, 06:33 PM
Sorry you don't got cords, consider being active.

Tunawiggle
10-18-2022, 06:40 PM
as you can see a troll that supports the 10 second rule. obviously has no wife or children that he/she needs to talk to and might be a few seconds late on a 10 seconds roll.

Philistine
10-18-2022, 07:14 PM
I feel like Tuna has a fair question.

Why is the timer for Angry 10 seconds instead of 20-30 like Scout, Ring 8, or Ring 10?

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative.

loramin
10-18-2022, 07:30 PM
I feel like Tuna has a fair question.

Why is the timer for Angry 10 seconds instead of 20-30 like Scout, Ring 8, or Ring 10?

I'm genuinely curious - not being argumentative.

The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).

Tunawiggle
10-18-2022, 07:39 PM
when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on peopel that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.

Ripqozko
10-18-2022, 07:50 PM
when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on peopel that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.

Sorry you were late, hope that helps, grats.

Foxplay
10-18-2022, 08:51 PM
They don't call it angry goblin for no reason

Philistine
10-18-2022, 09:23 PM
The short answer, as with any of the player agreements, is that it's what all the players would agree to.

For the longer answer ... you have to keep in mind that when Shady and Angry were first added to P99, they were a clickfest. To get the current player agreements in place, several players (myself included) had to lobby everyone who showed up for the click fest (before the goblin spawned) and convince them to agree to a roll.

It was not easy: for days we had most people wanting to roll, but a few holdouts who refused (and as long as anyone refused, we had no agreement). To get those last holdouts to agree, we gave them "concessions" ... and IIRC the short time was one such concession (although it's been years now so I don't remember for certain).

But, all that's needed to change it is ... for everyone at the camp to agree to do so (for a few days in a row).

Ahhhh that is enlightening thank you! It surprises me that people would do that to themselves and/or others, but I appreciate that we all have different priorities and expectations in this game and in life!

when many people show up and say the 10 second rule is terrible maybe it should change. imagine being the type of person who enforces a 10 seconds roll law on people that have sat at the camp for a hours. dumb af.

This definitely seems frustrating. Rules are rules, but it sounds like a frustrating rule. If someone fumbles their mouse, typos their /random, hits their wrong /random macro, etc. they're going to be SOL.

I realize that may very well be part of the intent of a 10 second rule (ie, it heavily favors those who can actively sit and look at their screen for the full window and discourages wimps like me from even showing up in the first place), but it doesn't seem like a very reasonable timeframe to roll IMHO. Even 20 seconds would allow some small margin of error (don't get me wrong - i'm still not doing it at 20 seconds :p)

San'Drax
10-26-2022, 04:05 PM
I think they should all be 10 seconds. Pay attention, if you can't, that item isn't for you.

Arvan
10-26-2022, 08:56 PM
sorry you don't got gina

Ghost of Starman
10-27-2022, 04:24 PM
I'm disappointed, I thought this would be about increasing the length/time of the spawn window, there isn't nearly enough suffering at the moment, lets double the spawn window so people can really suffer, it's the P99 way!

Ripqozko
10-27-2022, 04:44 PM
I'm disappointed, I thought this would be about increasing the length/time of the spawn window, there isn't nearly enough suffering at the moment, lets double the spawn window so people can really suffer, it's the P99 way!

Triple every window, make raid mobs +- 24 hours, make folks make worse life choices for pixels, Brad would be proud.

magnetaress
10-27-2022, 08:54 PM
Triple every window, make raid mobs +- 24 hours, make folks make worse life choices for pixels, Brad would be proud.

Blue server boards are so stale the quoted post has been its leader board for literally two weeks.

Consider red 2.0 folks.

aaezil
10-28-2022, 12:46 AM
Blue server boards are so stale the quoted post has been its leader board for literally two weeks.

Consider red 2.0 folks.

There will never be a red 2.0

Theres already a red 1.0 and no one plays it

Trexller
10-28-2022, 06:51 AM

obviously, the players do not all agree.

Naethyn
10-29-2022, 05:19 AM
This should be 30 seconds like everything else. The only reason its 10 seconds is because of a few bad actors.

loramin
10-29-2022, 11:18 AM
obviously, the players do not all agree.

Obviously. But they didn't all agree on the idea of a roll at first either. Similarly to now, there were lots of people that were like "a roll is the obvious better way to do this", and then there were a few "roll = wellfare pixels, keep it a clickfest".

It took time and effort, talking to people every day, listening to their concerns and explaining why a roll would be better for everyone. Slowly we converted people until there were just one or two hold-outs left, and then the peer pressure from everyone forced even those hold-outs to change.

I'm not saying it's easy, but if we got the roll started in the first place, and a longer delay would be better for everyone, then it's absolutely possible to switch ... it just takes time and effort.

Xulia
11-01-2022, 10:40 PM
I don't see any harm from allowing a longer roll time. 30 seconds sounds fine.

Ripqozko
11-03-2022, 12:01 PM
Nah it’s fine way it is

Ghost of Starman
11-03-2022, 04:33 PM
10 seconds is too long, I vote for 3.14 seconds.

lucian54
11-17-2022, 08:06 PM
the bad thing about angry is... i dont think anyone look his screen for 8 hours doing nothing at angry, most people use gina wich is a third party program to come back as the first person roll. i think it favorise third party program users

lucian54
11-17-2022, 08:08 PM
the bad thing about angry is... i dont think anyone look his screen for 8 hours doing nothing at angry, most people use gina wich is a third party program to come back as the first person roll. i think it favorise third party program users

Foxplay
11-18-2022, 02:05 AM
While I am all for a longer roll (like 20 seconds) I think the crusade against GINA afk'ers is not really true...

Never used GINA never will... Ive also never "missed" a Angry roll that I have been at...

Sure it will happen one day when I am in the bathroom or something but oh well....

Its called have multiple computer monitors and watch a show or play a different game for the window... If you cant notice a goblin spawn and a huge wave of red text rolls on the other monitor not sure what to tell ya...

Xulia
11-18-2022, 03:52 AM
Don't use GINA. Use Dr Beat and drive your entire house insane.

Finkk
12-19-2022, 11:56 AM
Hopping on this thread to suggest that they reduce spawn times from 72h + 10% variance to 48h + 10% variance.

Shady spawns every 24 hours with no variance. I've been trying to win angry for 3 months now and I am seeing a steady climb in the # of rollers to the point where it's being ridiculous. When I first started rolling there would be 10-15 people at peak and it's now closer to 25-40 at peak. A slight decrease in spawn times would stop the increase and maaaaaaaybe help bring these numbers down slowly over time but still keep the quest painful for the masochists.

Most people can complete their epic faster than the time it would take to win this roll. Something needs to change.

enjchanter
12-19-2022, 03:01 PM
Just log in , turn on Gina to detect roll text

Literally don't tab in and win for free

Encroaching Death
12-19-2022, 06:08 PM
All this over that ring?

It's not that good, brother. Just wear one of those +65 HP Velium rings.

Xulia
12-20-2022, 02:09 AM
Stop this stupidity immediately and put this stupid goblin on an 8 hour respawn time with no variance. This current set up is painful and people are perma-locking toons they want to actually play the game with in Droga.

enjchanter
12-20-2022, 02:17 AM
While we're making mobs 8 hour repops with no variance , do ntov and kael too

Help cure the sick

Arvan
12-20-2022, 09:03 AM
All this over that ring?

It's not that good, brother. Just wear one of those +65 HP Velium rings.

Moreso the cords

PatChapp
12-20-2022, 08:14 PM
I agree, a longer window is a great idea. Let's make it 120hrs