PDA

View Full Version : How would you solve inflation?

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 12:02 AM
Pick your poison let's do the discourse. :cool:

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 12:06 AM
Arrest all the democrats and let trump's kids figure out the rest.

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 12:08 AM
Arrest all the democrats and let trump's kids figure out the rest.

https://sothebys-md.brightspotcdn.com/d0/26/f915253f4589b0639e56dbe3bbc4/003n10541-blxnx.jpg

Elizondo
10-18-2022, 12:13 AM
Apparently Inflation is no longer 'transitory'

'Inflation Reduction Act' a total lie scam horrible failure

Poll missing some options

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 12:16 AM
Im not worried about the dollar.

*llllllllllllllllllick

Im worried about the world (not ending soon enough)

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 12:17 AM
Poll missing some options

I don't think it lets you edit polls, but go off. 👑

Elizondo
10-18-2022, 12:21 AM
I don't think it lets you edit polls, but go off. 👑

Your poll only needed one option

Don't elect Democrats

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 12:23 AM
Does making it so you have to pay 100000% taxes on a second home mean raising taxes?

unsunghero
10-18-2022, 12:24 AM
If I was good with the monies I wouldn’t still have 2,500 of credit card debt

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 12:28 AM
Hey OP how come I can't get "move pieces into place and execute the world war plan that worked last time our economy crashed."

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 12:29 AM

Don't elect Democrats

Can I get a real answer my brother in Christ?

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 12:32 AM
The problem is ytou have raising taxes.

But like, that implies that they will come after small businesses owners and people trying to mind their own business with meager lives, like it does now.

And I want to raise them but raise them by like 50x anything anyone would rationally think raising taxes means. And I'd want to target politicians first, and then like, man do we go to town on the billionares they're going to be jumping from buildings left and right.

Botten
10-18-2022, 12:33 AM
Boost legal immigration
Increase Farm Production
Investment in Railway (more railways) - Cargo Shipping raised inflation by 1000% before the Biden’s Ocean Reform Act.
- now invest in our domestic delivery methods

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 12:39 AM
Boost legal immigration

3eyJIbSgdSE

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 12:43 AM
IM ok with it but you have to go through a MAGA educational camp first.

Botten
10-18-2022, 12:52 AM
3eyJIbSgdSE

“A reduction in everyone to the same uniform level.” - not wealth distribution!!! Oh no!

Remove cap on immigrant visas for STEM doctoral graduates and create a new “start-up visa” for immigrant entrepreneurs. This proposal is in the COMPETES Act.

Fill unused past green card slots and allow spouses and children of green card holders to obtain one without counting against the 140,000 cap.

Allow and expedite the processing of more refugees from Ukraine.

Increase H1B and other work visas that could help in labor shortage sectors.

Use any existing executive authority to increase legal immigration limits.

Extend all work visas for an additional 12 months.

Allow spouses and children of those here on work visas to work.

Give certainty to DACA recipients by automatically reapproving their status.

Call for comprehensive immigration reform.

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 01:00 AM
“A reduction in everyone to the same uniform level.” - not wealth distribution!!! Oh no!

Remove cap on immigrant visas for STEM doctoral graduates and create a new “start-up visa” for immigrant entrepreneurs. This proposal is in the COMPETES Act.

Fill unused past green card slots and allow spouses and children of green card holders to obtain one without counting against the 140,000 cap.

Allow and expedite the processing of more refugees from Ukraine.

Increase H1B and other work visas that could help in labor shortage sectors.

Use any existing executive authority to increase legal immigration limits.

Extend all work visas for an additional 12 months.

Allow spouses and children of those here on work visas to work.

Give certainty to DACA recipients by automatically reapproving their status.

Call for comprehensive immigration reform.

DACA is illegal tho

Botten
10-18-2022, 01:10 AM
DACA is illegal tho

Congress could override the decision made on July 16, 2021.

Will they? Probably not.

But still worth brainstorming as you asked.

Homesteaded
10-18-2022, 01:13 AM
Cheap money = inflation

Raises interest rates

magnetaress
10-18-2022, 04:15 AM
Economic reset, wipe it clean. Start from scratch. Also confiscate all military and police power. And delete the alphabetti sphaghetti agencies (executively of course).

actually none of that is correct ... wont work ... unfeasable... a very temporary solution (won't last longer than a decade or two) ... will have a huge cost in population

so a combination of rationing + wage controls + limits on property ownership and just make the state even bigger (this is inevitable anyway) --- so pretty much the opposite of my original impulse. Everyone joins the military and wages very limited.

also could change currencie but the current powerful ppl can't have more initial buying power, tho they do because they already own all the factories...

i'm not really a communist :( just a pragmatist and this is a disaster of a situation because I see no means or way out of it except via force (wastefull anyway (only kills the best of us or traumatizes ppl)) and all paths lead to a temporary 'solution'. like u could redistribute wealth by force, butt it's not going to last more than... like 15 years tops. ish ... i mean we are definitely not an honest enough people to make it 20 years... we are so corrupt and bad and dishonest we don't deserve wealth redistribution. We can't govern ourselves let alone our neighboors and people like musk will quickly rise to the top again anyway. It's all pointless. Just take the breaks off plz.

I do think we could build a really fast spaceship tho, maybe with slave labor also. The more I think about it global communism is more in favor of the ppl with all the power/money already if they find a way to peacefully transition there. Their families are already in positions of power so can easily keep those positions. For individual stats and cities and families to gain soveriengty and freedom from government oversite of big governments would be an absolute threat to this system. So no making and selling cupcakes unless you have an international licence. (sourcasms, butt also for reals, aka its not what I want it is what it is)

Encroaching Death
10-18-2022, 06:38 AM
Where is the "Bush did 9/11" option?

Also, I choose "Incinerate dollars in a giant fire"

magnetaress
10-18-2022, 07:53 AM
yeah just delete money gg problem solved

Reiwa
10-18-2022, 08:31 AM
Where is the "Bush did 9/11" option?

Also, I choose "Incinerate dollars in a giant fire"

Caught me slippin.

Sorry for the invalid poll guys.

Encroaching Death
10-18-2022, 10:34 AM
Caught me slippin.

Sorry for the invalid poll guys.

https://media.tenor.com/a9tJgglcpMcAAAAd/key-and-peele-disappointed.gif

l0053g0053
10-18-2022, 10:37 AM
I would engineer a huge bailout system for banks, large businesses, and myself and my cronies while printing massive amounts of money, something like 70% of ever dollar ever printed within a few years.

I would then cash out of this system with my wealthy family and friends in large isolated, gated, security patrolled communities. Generally spending 80% of the year travelling all over and doing what rich people do.

Oh, you meant what I would do? oh.... probably pick up every penny I saw on the street and put it in my piggy bank :)

MrSparkle001
10-18-2022, 03:18 PM
Out of all four options raising interest rates is the most reasonable, and it comes with a bonus: Later on during the recession it causes they can/will lower interest rates and kickstart the markets again.

Encroaching Death
10-18-2022, 03:25 PM
I choose "Incinerate dollars in a giant fire"

Jibartik
10-18-2022, 03:45 PM
Runningman gameshow with bankers

Duik
10-18-2022, 05:29 PM
Predicting 1000% increase incidence of "bone spurs".

Jimjam
10-19-2022, 06:08 AM
The problem with simply printing money is it doesn't inherently add value to an economy.

You end up with more dollars, but the same value, so there is less value per dollar.

As such, it stands to reason that it is possible to actually reduce inflation by printing dollars - the trick is to spend those printed dollars on things that actually add more value to the economy than existing dollars are worth.

This can be achieved by investing in primary and preventative healthcare - primary and preventative healthcare have huge returns on the invested dollar as they prevent and catch serious health issues before they occur, thereby extending the health (working) life of the population and reducing need for expensive interventions later on.

Likewise, sanitation such as effective sewers, waste management and clean water supply are effective investments, as are affordable housing provision in areas of industry and transport infrastructure which allows work to be attended to with minimum delays, or for citizens to relocate to areas where work is available.

Just imo, I have absolutely no experience or qualifications so am completely ignorant :D

In game I would add more expendable items with increase desirability. Easily accessible Haste potions, more effective bandages, cure potions and so on. Slow clicks, etc.

nilzark
10-19-2022, 06:19 AM
Sry, poll is invalid, there is no "bush-towers" option.

hobart
10-19-2022, 12:14 PM

Don't elect Democrats

Even a broken clock is right twice per day. That is actually the correct answer this time.

To be clear, the question is not about who you should vote for. The question is about the singular issue of "solving inflation".

You should still vote for the person who is less woke/maga. Good luck with that nowadays.

Reiwa
10-19-2022, 12:31 PM
Fine, you guys can expand voting if you want to. I don't know how to edit the poll though.

Jibartik
10-19-2022, 12:47 PM
JimJams idea sounds interesting, are you saying to just pay for all goverment programs with printed money?

And to jsut build build build?

I wonder if that would just be like printing money but we'd have nice roads?

If I had nice roads I'd be less mad at the inflation probably.

Jibartik
10-19-2022, 12:49 PM
Lets build a goverment techno tower to heaven!

I bet this is why they built the pyramids.

Skarne
10-19-2022, 12:53 PM
Put all that bad inflation into a hot air balloon, then send it on over to China to mix with their inflation after you bust the balloon. It’s science.

magnetaress
10-19-2022, 12:55 PM
I wish but then u just get megaproject syndrome.

We are back to rationing.

Jibartik
10-19-2022, 12:58 PM
Yeah.

Best way to stop inflation is to observe that we live ina consumer driven appcoalypse and that life in the first world is just as shitty as life in the 3rd and nintendo's and microwaves dont make up for it.

Abandon the exchange of goods for currency full stop.

Elizondo
10-19-2022, 01:01 PM
Lets build a goverment techno tower to heaven!

I bet this is why they built the pyramids.

magnetaress
10-19-2022, 02:12 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Stalacpipe_Organ

Jimjam
10-19-2022, 02:16 PM
JimJams idea sounds interesting, are you saying to just pay for all goverment programs with printed money?

Well the crux is the programs need to add value - which really is the tricky bit. Wasting money, time and resources on building a road to nowhere would be even worse than simply printing money, right?

And I guess that really is the tricky part governments face (assuming they aren’t just cronies spending laundering funds through their friends which lets face it - they probably are).

Reiwa
10-19-2022, 02:19 PM

Debt assets or something. Like building a bridge and charging a toll.

Jibartik
10-19-2022, 02:20 PM
I think the government should print a shit load of money and build a space program anyone can join and like the governments only job is to just dump money into the world through this space program and letting trickle down space program employees pay for everything else.

Rethalis
10-19-2022, 02:35 PM
Stop spending so much.

unsunghero
10-19-2022, 02:38 PM
Stop spending so much.

^

I don’t understand how to stop that snowball rolling downhill but trying to reduce spending has to be the way. I’ve heard they are raising not only wages, but also social security AND pension payments to cover the increased cost of living…which makes sense, people gotta be able to afford to eat

But that’s all adding to the inflation too

Basanos
10-19-2022, 02:41 PM
Anyone who wants to reduce spending but isn't willing to consider cutting military funding isn't serious about reducing spending

Jibartik
10-19-2022, 02:45 PM
I’m thinking we should hand they keys over to the CCP

Let’s just quit.

Americans are lazy anyway who cares.

Rethalis
10-19-2022, 02:49 PM
^

I don’t understand how to stop that snowball rolling downhill but trying to reduce spending has to be the way. I’ve heard they are raising not only wages, but also social security AND pension payments to cover the increased cost of living…which makes sense, people gotta be able to afford to eat

I'm ready for ssi to be blown to smithereens. In what world does a forceful tax meant to be a retirement account with a -percent return rate sound sane?

Let me choose what to do with my ssi money.

magnetaress
10-19-2022, 02:50 PM
I think the government should print a shit load of money and build a space program anyone can join and like the governments only job is to just dump money into the world through this space program and letting trickle down space program employees pay for everything else.

That is actually a great idea.

Build rockets. Get real space bucks.

Elizondo
10-19-2022, 03:01 PM
https://www.politico.com/f/?id=00000183-ee9a-d578-a59f-febf3a950000

MrSparkle001
10-19-2022, 03:04 PM
^

Sounds good and works for immediate relief, but without also paying more into social security it's not sustainable.

Reiwa
10-19-2022, 03:20 PM
I'm ready for ssi to be blown to smithereens. In what world does a forceful tax meant to be a retirement account with a -percent return rate sound sane?

Let me choose what to do with my ssi money.

Summer 2020 will look like a church picnic if you get your way on this. :p

Basanos
10-19-2022, 03:30 PM
Summer 2020 will look like a church picnic if you get your way on this. :pSummer 2020 was a taste of the inevitable future

magnetaress
10-19-2022, 06:12 PM

That is actually a great idea.

Build rockets. Get real space bucks.

Still in favor of this. Use suns gravity to drop methane from Titan into orbit to power rotating pleasure citieswith strict standards and population controls. Use criminals and "freebirths" to strip mine earth for gold and cobalt for RTX 8990's to emulate more and better pvp servers using my rulessets and itemization.

Lune
10-20-2022, 12:52 AM
You don't solve inflation. Inflation benefits people who sell their labor to survive, which is the vast majority of Americans, and labor has been getting fucked over by corporations and oligarchs for the last 40 years.

It's basically a soft reset. So keep it from spiraling out of control but don't purposefully cause a motherfucking recession in order to stop it. Most of this inflation is coming from corporate price-gouging anyway. Let it burn.

And while we're at it, it's time for federal Real ID for all employment so corporations can't keep importing millions of illegals to devalue labor. You know, the actual immigration fix for people who actually want to fix illegal immigration, not a retarded ineffective fucking wall. Coupled with the imminent demographic labor crunch, overnight you'd see millions more Americans being paid a living wage.

Rethalis
10-20-2022, 12:59 PM
You don't solve inflation. Inflation benefits people who sell their labor to survive, which is the vast majority of Americans, and labor has been getting fucked over by corporations and oligarchs for the last 40 years.

It's basically a soft reset. So keep it from spiraling out of control but don't purposefully cause a motherfucking recession in order to stop it. Most of this inflation is coming from corporate price-gouging anyway. Let it burn.

And while we're at it, it's time for federal Real ID for all employment so corporations can't keep importing millions of illegals to devalue labor. You know, the actual immigration fix for people who actually want to fix illegal immigration, not a retarded ineffective fucking wall. Coupled with the imminent demographic labor crunch, overnight you'd see millions more Americans being paid a living wage.

Your full of crap.

As a laborer I am so glad my money doesn't go a far for the same shit. And it's bold faced lie you don't fix inflation. Inflation is purely the result of bad government policy. Don't gas light the laborers who have realized inflation has outpaced their wages.

Basanos
10-20-2022, 01:03 PM
Inflation is purely the result of bad government policy.Which governments, there's a whole bunch of them that do things that can cause fluctuations

Jibartik
10-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Since no country on earth has gotten "better" over time. The reality is that we need to get to mars to start a fresh one if you want to fix "inflation"

Jibartik
10-20-2022, 01:24 PM
This how you stop inflation

https://i.imgur.com/OU4SEmH.gif

Reiwa
10-20-2022, 02:23 PM
Your full of crap.

As a laborer I am so glad my money doesn't go a far for the same shit. And it's bold faced lie you don't fix inflation. Inflation is purely the result of bad government policy. Don't gas light the laborers who have realized inflation has outpaced their wages.

Baldfaced is preferred (nee Barefaced).

magnetaress
10-20-2022, 02:26 PM
Could u pop the balloon?

I think if the us just rolled out with a brand new currency and devalued like 1 million to == a 100th of a penny we'd see something interesting.

Rethalis
10-20-2022, 02:41 PM
Which governments, there's a whole bunch of them that do things that can cause fluctuations

Pretty much any country participating? I am specifically using the united States because the over spending policy that exploded in the 2000's and has not stopped is finally catching up in a bad way.

The only reason we have not completely tanked is the confidence of the US dollar is still higher than every other country spending too much. We are just doing it less worse than others.

Jibartik
10-20-2022, 02:54 PM
Could u pop the balloon?

I think if the us just rolled out with a brand new currency and devalued like 1 million to == a 100th of a penny we'd see something interesting.

One world currency!

magnetaress
10-20-2022, 02:55 PM
i think lincon green backs === assasination tho

Kaveh
10-20-2022, 03:50 PM
Pretty much any country participating? I am specifically using the united States because the over spending policy that exploded in the 2000's and has not stopped is finally catching up in a bad way.

The only reason we have not completely tanked is the confidence of the US dollar is still higher than every other country spending too much. We are just doing it less worse than others.

We haven’t tanked because we’re a continent and the half of us that do work are attractive, rich, brilliant, and resourceful

As the commies will find out shortly when I Blade katana their asses

Toxigen
10-20-2022, 03:50 PM
start up the rotors

Jibartik
10-20-2022, 04:15 PM
Im pretty sure that my success is based on my good looks.

Not my 35 trillion dollars of debt.

LOL