PDA

View Full Version : Howling Stones question for Necros

Encroaching Death
10-16-2022, 11:30 PM
Question to Necros in HS: How the hell do you deal with all the living mobs that pop?

I know the obvious answer is 'kill them', but how? Root rotting?

HS was hyped as the mecca of Necro undead charm kiting, and yeah it's great, but I can't stand all these living spawns...

I'm part way venting here, but maybe I'm doing something wrong because switching back and forth between root rotting and charm setups is just annoying and doesn't flow well.

I'm grumpy and I want things MY way!

patrick210
10-17-2022, 01:49 AM
You can pretty much edit out everything except the last line :)
never had or have heard of issues with live mobs, necro harder

Encroaching Death
10-17-2022, 06:01 AM
You can pretty much edit out everything except the last line :)
never had or have heard of issues with live mobs, necro harder

Fair enough. HS is still overhyped.

zelld52
10-17-2022, 11:31 AM
I wondered the same thing, but then I realized you can Rest the Dead your pet.

So, if you’re running low on undead to charm - rest the dead your pet, feign death and let the pet reset. Keep using the same undead to kill the live mobs. All you need is 1 relatively strong undead to do this.

HS isn’t over-hyped, instead it takes a little bit of patience and skill.

Encroaching Death
10-17-2022, 11:36 AM
I wondered the same thing, but then I realized you can Rest the Dead your pet.

So, if you’re running low on undead to charm - rest the dead your pet, feign death and let the pet reset. Keep using the same undead to kill the live mobs. All you need is 1 relatively strong undead to do this.

HS isn’t over-hyped, instead it takes a little bit of patience and skill.

I'm probably too worried about my charmed pet taking experience, so I aim for killing off both mobs in the fight, when maybe I should keep a charmed pet around to clear out living mobs. I've had multiple spawn cycles where all 5 mobs in the Basement were living.

Is that what you mean? Also, you can Rest The Dead your pet while it is still charmed?

zelld52
10-17-2022, 11:40 AM
yeah. what i usually do is splurt the mob at 40-50%.. then root it. then i back pet off when the mob i want dead is around 20%, then i rest teh dead the pet, feign death. watch the pet reset.

then stand, deflux or let splurt kill the other mob. go recharm reset pet after the other mob is dead and reset pet is 100% hp. ezpz.

yes, you can rest the dead your pet. i had been charming level 40-54 before i found this out, and lemme tell you it works so damn well

zelld52
10-17-2022, 11:41 AM
I'm probably too worried about my charmed pet taking experience, so I aim for killing off both mobs in the fight, when maybe I should keep a charmed pet around to clear out living mobs. I've had multiple spawn cycles where all 5 mobs in the Basement were living.

Is that what you mean? Also, you can Rest The Dead your pet while it is still charmed?

theres also many more than 5 in the basement. it takes a little skill, but root the roamers that go around the floor, and then check the wings in basement for an undead.

however, i will say that if i saw 5 live up in the basement center room, id probably just log and come back later lol

Encroaching Death
10-17-2022, 11:44 AM
yeah. what i usually do is splurt the mob at 40-50%.. then root it. then i back pet off when the mob i want dead is around 20%, then i rest teh dead the pet, feign death. watch the pet reset.

then stand, deflux or let splurt kill the other mob. go recharm reset pet after the other mob is dead and reset pet is 100% hp. ezpz.

yes, you can rest the dead your pet. i had been charming level 40-54 before i found this out, and lemme tell you it works so damn well

Shit, good idea.

I'm over here beating my head flat trying to root rot all these things (which take like 5 or 6 dots) going OOM, when I could just be doing this. All you really need is 1 undead mob to pop.