PDA

View Full Version : Tab Targetting Tips and Tricks

Encroaching Death
10-15-2022, 07:08 PM
So I essentially just died in Howling Stones and probably wouldn't have if I was halfway decent at targetting mobs.

Right now, I have my Tab key bound to 'target nearest', I think.

Is there an option to bind Tab to 'cycle through targets' or something?

What I was doing was sending a charmed pet into a room of 4 mobs, then backing him out while rooting the others. As you can imagine, targetting the mobs quickly while rooting them is paramount.

What would you recommend for targetting in that scenario?

Infectious
10-15-2022, 08:05 PM
So I essentially just died in Howling Stones and probably wouldn't have if I was halfway decent at targetting mobs.

Right now, I have my Tab key bound to 'target nearest', I think.

Is there an option to bind Tab to 'cycle through targets' or something?

What I was doing was sending a charmed pet into a room of 4 mobs, then backing him out while rooting the others. As you can imagine, targetting the mobs quickly while rooting them is paramount.

What would you recommend for targetting in that scenario?

Green you can't cycle through mobs. Easiest way in Hs is to make hot keys for each mob. If multiple mobs with same name, root and back pet just a little bit to move the same name mob up.

Encroaching Death
10-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Thanks, I figured it out.

I bound Tab to cycle. I'm on Blue, luckily.

Byrjun
10-15-2022, 08:26 PM
Green has cycle targets now.

Sizar
10-15-2022, 09:07 PM
There is also an option to set a keybind for the last 2 targets. Super nice when you can just push 1 button to cycle between your pet and his target and back when you want to break charm at the right time.

Twochain
10-16-2022, 03:13 AM
I use "E" to cycle through nearest NPC, and tab as default

spoil
10-16-2022, 06:35 AM
I use cycle through nearest and also target nearest mainly for charm breaks. I have it on good authority that cycle last two targets is also very useful but I haven't done anything with it yet.