PDA

View Full Version : Group Enchanter spam

Shadowrat
10-13-2022, 01:14 PM
Running my enchanter lvl 16, just moved to green. I set up my usual macros, one of which is /g Mezzing %t, cast #. The message of course is there to hopefully cue other party members as to what I'm up to, and they can choose the appropriate target.

At this level my stun doesn't cover global spell cool down and mez cast times, and there will also be fizzles and interruptions. So group will often get several mezzing messages.

I haven't had any complaints, was wondering what others thought about this. Should I dump the group message till I can get the Rod and am fizzeling less?

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 01:31 PM
Group spam never bothers me.

If you're communicating, you're making a good effort. I can forgive a little overcommunication.

Lifebar
10-14-2022, 09:16 AM
Group spam never bothers me.

If you're communicating, you're making a good effort. I can forgive a little overcommunication.

PatChapp
10-14-2022, 10:03 AM
Do it Chad style,make all into ooc

Stonewallx39
10-14-2022, 10:29 AM
Mine is this format
Cast #
Cast #
Cast #
“Mezzing %t, don’t wake it up” (it’s funnier than this but you have to group with me to read it)

The 3 cast attempts helps with fizzles/interruptions.

Group get get eff’ed if they don’t like the spam.

Side note, I just click the spell gem to refresh or cast single target after AOE mez bombing. Just to cut down on the spam.

At 57 I only use the lvl 4 mez and lvl 16 AOE. It’s a lot more work to juggle but technically safer with the short cast time and less mana use.

Shadowrat
10-14-2022, 11:01 AM
Never considered the multicast, will try that. Thanks

Chortles Snortles
10-14-2022, 10:24 PM
*attacks* your mezzed mob anyway
(lol)

spoil
10-21-2022, 08:04 PM
^

I figured that out quickly with how often my casting << Charm >> on soandso message was ignored and I wasn't even spamming in chat.

So I don't use any spam macros. People should be assisting the tank and any other mobs in camp are the ones being CC'd. I have a social page with group messages %T has been slowed, mezzed, rooted, etc. and I hit those buttons as needed but they're not on my hotbar.

PabloEdvardo
10-31-2022, 12:09 AM
Don't ever use casting macros. Use a macro to indicate your action but don't use the macro to perform the action. This allows you to hit the macro button once and then repeatedly try casting it without needing to repeat the message.

Stick to that and you won't be spamming your group because each message will actually be useful.

The people who use casting macros and then pound the button to get it to cast and spam the same message 10 times for a single mez can definitely be annoying.

In general though, EQ players are used to and I would say sometimes even appreciate the macros -- it's very much a classic EQ thing.