PDA

View Full Version : How rare is the Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia?

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 10:01 AM
Are we talking Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth levels of rarity or no?

How possible is it to get your hands on one these bad boys? Encyclopedia Necrotheurgia (https://wiki.project1999.com/Encyclopedia_Necrotheurgia)

Tunabros
10-13-2022, 01:21 PM
you're not getting one

hope this helps

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 01:26 PM
Well now I'm gonna get one just to spite you.

loramin
10-13-2022, 01:45 PM
Are we talking Staff of Elemental Mastery: Earth levels of rarity or no?

Just about. Both mobs (Ashenbone and Magi) are on the exact same spawn set, so there are just as many Ashenbones as Magi.

However, I suspect (but don't have evidence) that the drop rate on the Encyclopedia is better than the drop rate on the staff. As best I can tell, the staff drops 1 in 8 Magis.

I don't know the Encyclopedia drop rate, but I'd imagine it's better than that.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 01:53 PM
Just about. Both mobs (Ashenbone and Magi) are on the exact same spawn set, so there are just as many Ashenbones as Magi.

However, I suspect (but don't have evidence) that the drop rate on the Encyclopedia is better than the drop rate on the staff. As best I can tell, the staff drops 1 in 8 Magis.

I don't know the Encyclopedia drop rate, but I'd imagine it's better than that.

Thank you for the real answer.

Raistmaj
10-13-2022, 02:26 PM
Well Lighthouse and Friends just got 2 of the Encyclopedias this week on back to back days in Hate. We even got a SEOC as well. Was a very good week for us.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 02:38 PM
Well Lighthouse and Friends just got 2 of the Encyclopedias this week on back to back days in Hate. We even got a SEOC as well. Was a very good week for us.

Awesome, congrats!

Maybe one is in my future (lol)

I'd be happy with just a Z-Heart at this point

Balimon
10-13-2022, 02:58 PM
I'd say the encyclopedia is less rare then the earth staff, but it doesn't mean that it's common or anything. I'd encourage you to learn how to track in hate, and watch for mini pops if you really want it. It's one of those things that you either have to be super lucky or put the time in and grind in out. This link is a mostly complete guide my guild made for doing Magi, but it absolutely works 100% the same for the Broodmaster. If you want a guide for how to check spawn points using Bind sight, PM me I haven't put that out there yet. It was written by Mikhal and it's superb.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magi_P%27Tasa

Chortles Snortles
10-13-2022, 04:07 PM
you're not getting one

hope this helps

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 04:08 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RespectfulGloriousJohndory-size_restricted.gif

PatChapp
10-13-2022, 08:24 PM
I've seen 2 earth staff drops, probably 7-8 ranger rocks, couple slime bloods.no books.

Ghost of Starman
10-13-2022, 09:21 PM
This is one of the infuriating things about P99 / EQ in general, it just depends on how lucky you are in being in the right place in the right time.

My necro never got a book as I always was either busy with real life or taking a break when one dropped, while many of my friends with necro alts ended up with theirs due to right place right time.

Jimjam
10-19-2022, 03:22 AM
I remember seeing one drop out of the bajillion drakes I must have killed. It is another pita hate rare.

Kich867
10-19-2022, 12:59 PM
Always kinda curious about these items, do they guarantee that the pet spawns at its max level +1, or does it just add a level to whatever pet is summoned?

Siberious
10-19-2022, 09:16 PM
Always kinda curious about these items, do they guarantee that the pet spawns at its max level +1, or does it just add a level to whatever pet is summoned?

Adds +1 level to whatever pet you summon. Effectively increases floor by 1 and ceiling by 1 for your pet summoning range.

enjchanter
11-19-2022, 05:37 AM
you're not getting one

hope this helps

^