PDA

View Full Version : alex jones has to pay almost 1$ billion

Domo
10-13-2022, 03:11 AM
how much money did he make by selling "bone powder" (or whatever snake oil he was selling to his fans hehe) ?

damn hehe

Homesteaded
10-13-2022, 08:35 AM
3M fined $800M for essentially pumping Teflon into the water supply. What Alex Jones did was worse than that.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 08:52 AM
3M fined $800M for essentially pumping Teflon into the water supply. What Alex Jones did was worse than that.

Feelings > Poisoning Water Supply

Botten
10-13-2022, 08:58 AM
Feelings > Poisoning Water Supply

Just going to leave this call for genocide article here.

Alex Jones calls for mass executions over Covid 'bio-attacks' (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alex-jones-calls-for-mass-executions-over-covid-bio-attacks/ar-AA12TsnR?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=d22b04c6077048d695c77a809e4309d8)

Oh and this one

Alex Jones has created a ‘living hell’ of harassment and death threats, testify Sandy Hook school parents (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alex-jones-has-created-a-e2-80-98living-hell-e2-80-99-of-harassment-and-death-threats-testify-sandy-hook-school-parents/ar-AA10gk7H)

Encroaching Death getting it now?

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 09:01 AM
Just going to leave this call for genocide article here.

Alex Jones calls for mass executions over Covid 'bio-attacks' (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alex-jones-calls-for-mass-executions-over-covid-bio-attacks/ar-AA12TsnR?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=d22b04c6077048d695c77a809e4309d8)

Oh and this one

Alex Jones has created a ‘living hell’ of harassment and death threats, testify Sandy Hook school parents (https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alex-jones-has-created-a-e2-80-98living-hell-e2-80-99-of-harassment-and-death-threats-testify-sandy-hook-school-parents/ar-AA10gk7H)

Encroaching Death getting it now?

Not clicking any of your propaganda.

I don't care if Alex Jones shit on someone's chest.

Being forced to pay out 1 Billion dollars is fucking insane and it was obviously politically motivated, which is a slap in the face of fair and impartial justice.

MrSparkle001
10-13-2022, 09:04 AM
Almost $1 billion because he said things that hurt someone's feelings?

You don't get in that much trouble for yelling "fire!" in a crowded theater. He didn't assault them, he didn't scam them out of their life savings, he didn't defame their character.

He said things they found hurtful.

I don't agree with the asshole one bit but wtf kind of judgement is this??

This will be appealed and the egregious jury decision drastically reduced.

See this is the problem with juries in the modern day. Nobody, and I mean nobody, will be neutral.

I may border on hating Alex Jones (I don't like to hate anyone, I mean genuinely hate) but I'm hating this decision even more. Really bad precedent it's setting.

Chortles Snortles
10-13-2022, 09:05 AM
the pen is mightier than the sword

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 09:09 AM
BP Deepwater Horizon disaster or Alex Jones fake news from 2012

One of these things is objectively worse.

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 09:13 AM
the pen is mightier than the sword

Do you ever wonder if Taiwan has a pen factory?

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 09:13 AM
pen is

Homesteaded
10-13-2022, 09:29 AM
Do you ever wonder if Taiwan has a pen factory?

https://www.made-in-china.com/manufacturers/dildo.html

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 11:10 AM
How can u sue someone in this country for more than they could possibly pay?

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 11:14 AM
How can u sue someone in this country for more than they could possibly pay?

They might as well ordered him to pay "a kajillion dollars"

He already paid some $120 million.

120 million + 1 billion = lol

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 11:30 AM
Ikr.

hobart
10-13-2022, 11:31 AM
He's a piece of shit. Fuck him.

He did more than hurt their feelings, Trumptards. He put those families in the crosshairs. He knows his followers are mentally unstable by definition because they're delusional enough to be his followers.

Those families and people associated with the case received death threats and harassment due to his actions. And as this unfolded, he continued to double down. For years.

Now, I wonder what the venn looks like for Infowars audience/Sandy hook conspiracy theorists and P99 Trumptards that post in off topic. Just one circle?

Basanos
10-13-2022, 11:32 AM
3M fined $800M for essentially pumping Teflon into the water supply. What Alex Jones did was worse than that.Welcome to the American court system, curious that it takes Alex Jones getting fined to make you notice this trend

And not the thousands of previous times it's happened where a person gets a heavier sentence for the same crime as another due to the color of their skin

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 11:37 AM
He's a piece of shit. Fuck him.

He did more than hurt their feelings, Trumptards. He put those families in the crosshairs. He knows his followers are mentally unstable by definition because they're delusional enough to be his followers.

Those families and people associated with the case received death threats and harassment due to his actions. And as this unfolded, he continued to double down. For years.

Now, I wonder what the venn looks like for Infowars audience/Sandy hook conspiracy theorists and P99 Trumptards that post in off topic. Just one circle?

Doesn't justify a billion dollars no matter how emotional you get.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 11:39 AM
Doesn't justify a billion dollars no matter how emotional you get.What justifies exploiting dead children and making money off of the pain of their families like a ghoul?

Mblake1981
10-13-2022, 11:41 AM
Almost $1 billion because he said things that hurt someone's feelings?

Not exactly, from the responses I have read it had more to do with his "followers" who went out to peoples homes and harassed them. Some claim there were death threats.

It's that thing where if you are a person of influence that "followers" are your responsibility.

The Shepherd and his flock.

Edit question: Why do people not "follow" those they dislike and want removed, you know.. do things in their name.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 11:42 AM
What justifies exploiting dead children and making money off of the pain of their families like a ghoul?

Punishment doesn't fit the crime.

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 11:43 AM
What justifies exploiting dead children and making money off of the pain of their families like a ghoul?

Did they really suffer a billy in harm?

Basanos
10-13-2022, 11:44 AM
Punishment doesn't fit the crime.Yeah, he did get off too easy

Did they really suffer a billy in harm?I don't know what this means, but they participated in the court case, they sure seem to think they were harmed by virtue of doing so

Mblake1981
10-13-2022, 11:46 AM

Appeal to emotions, about as much that justifies making movies off the 2008 financial crash that also caused some deaths.

Alex is controlled opposition, hes the punching bag that gets the check and plays cat & mouse with "globalists".. they even let him in Bohemian grove and did a little acting thing where they were put off about it.

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 11:46 AM
A distant cousin of mine whose husband died in Iraq got 600k I think.

Jones didn't kill nobody.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 11:47 AM
Our government has long treated soldiers as disposable, that's a different issue.

And if Alex is the controlled opposition, like I implied yesterday, $965 million is no problem for the billionaires that back him. He'll probably emerge from this richer, you goons. Give it a few years.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 11:50 AM
Yeah, he did get off too easy

What should have been the punishment then?

unsunghero
10-13-2022, 11:51 AM
Yeah, he did get off too easy

I don't know what this means, but they participated in the court case, they sure seem to think they were harmed by virtue of doing so

He asked is the suffering = 1 billy = $1 billion

Man, my memory of my jury duty is really getting hazy because it was more than 10 years ago now, but I was on a civil case where the intangible cost of “pain and suffering” came up

If I recall, there is a way lawyers can try to use to quantify it. They take the loss of income from not being able to function at one’s job for a period of time due to like psychological distress, any mental health treatments they may have gotten as a result, basically they look for a base value that they can somehow quantify with a number

Then they multiply that base value by another quotient. I don’t remember what that other quotient was

So in the civil case I was in it was something like [missed_work] + [physical_therapy_cost] * x = pain and suffering (this was for a car accident)

But it’s not that lawyers are pulling a number out of their ass, they do make attempts to try to quantify it

Most likely this number got so large because it was multiplied by the number of families affected

Basanos
What should have been the punishment then?Worse

Encroaching Death
Our government has long treated soldiers as disposable, that's a different issue.

And if Alex is the controlled opposition, like I implied yesterday, $965 million is no problem for the billionaires that back him. He'll probably emerge from this richer, you goons. Give it a few years.

We've been through this. Billionaire goons don't get sued for 1 billion dollars.

Alex Jones is a pariah and the only people who back him have zero power.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 11:52 AM
Worse

Go on..

Basanos
10-13-2022, 11:53 AM
He asked is the suffering = 1 billy = $1 billion

Man, my memory of my jury duty is really getting hazy because it was more than 10 years ago now, but I was on a civil case where the intangible cost of “pain and suffering” came up

If I recall, there is a way lawyers can try to use to quantify it. They take the loss of income from not being able to function at one’s job for a period of time due to like psychological distress, any mental health treatments they may have gotten as a result, basically they look for a base value that they can somehow quantify with a number

Then they multiply that base value by another quotient. I don’t remember what that other quotient was

So in the civil case I was in it was something like [missed_work] + [physical_therapy_cost] * x = pain and suffering (this was for a car accident)

But it’s not that lawyers are pulling a number out of their ass, they do make attempts to try to quantify it

Most likely this number got so large because it was multiplied by the number of families affectedYeah the multiplier was like 500 million plus, I didn't see all of it or the math but I gathered from the reporting that there was some kind of equation or something that they used per dead child multiplied by time

unsunghero
10-13-2022, 11:56 AM
Yeah families affected * time is gonna get into some big numbers

In my civil case (was this one civil?) the jury still had to agree on the number. I was a jury member who spun the number way down on my case because we all had to the impression the guy was abusing the legal system

He had already gotten paid (well) for the accident, then like 10 years later re-sued for MORE money. The entire thing seemed pretty sketchy, we all agreed. We gave him probably not even enough to cover his legal costs

Edit: we also found out via the other lawyer the guy wasn’t even attending the physical therapy sessions

Evia
10-13-2022, 12:00 PM
This is all theater. AJ is controlled opposition imho. This is either to set the precedent on what they will do to people who call out the status quo or its an attempt to incite civil war. Either way something about the whole thing feels fake/forced/phony.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 12:01 PM
Alex Jones is a pariah and the only people who back him have zero power.You say this like the money he made off of exploiting those dead kids just appeared in his bank account out of nowhere

Even without his multiple wealthy backers, he's got his hordes of hateful fans that will fund him and his hatred

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 12:02 PM
This is all theater. AJ is controlled opposition imho. This is either to set the precedent on what they will do to people who call out the status quo or its an attempt to incite civil war. Either way something about the whole thing feels fake/forced/phony.

The ruling was absolutely politically motivated and done to send a message.

That's without a doubt.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 12:03 PM
You say this like the money he made off of exploiting those dead kids just appeared in his bank account out of nowhere

Even without his multiple wealthy backers, he's got his hordes of hateful fans that will fund him and his hatred

The guy sells merch and supplements to people who are afraid of tap water.

He also has had a popular show for like 2 decades now.

He's capable of making his own money.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 12:04 PM
The guy sells merch and supplements to people who are afraid of tap water.

He also has had a popular show for like 2 decades now.

He's capable of making his own money.Yeah, exactly

$965 million is nothing, he'll recover and continue to spread his filth and rubes will eat it up, this is America

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 12:07 PM
Yeah, exactly

$965 million is nothing, he'll recover and continue to spread his filth and rubes will eat it up, this is America

No such thing as robbery under capitalism. :rolleyes:

He can just think of it as an unplanned donation.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 12:08 PM
Yeah, exactly

Yep, a billion dollars is nothing.

Especially considering the fact that his entire net worth (assets and all) is around 100 million.

A billion dollars is nothing.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 12:10 PM
Imagine feeling pity for Alex Jones of all people lol

unsunghero
10-13-2022, 12:11 PM
Litigation is also another element of job security for my field of mental health

So if someone does something to someone, and the other person plans to sue them, they will probably go to therapy for the incident whether they really needed to or not. That way they can have receipts for a value which will then come up in the civil case

And even not going could actually hurt their case, where the other lawyer could argue “if this distressed you so much, why didn’t you have it treated?”

Great job security for me, man…

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 12:13 PM

Have you ever defended one person you disagreed with, once in your life?

Mblake1981
10-13-2022, 12:19 PM
Yes.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 12:20 PM
Have you ever defended one person you disagreed with, once in your life?Sure, this ain't one of them

No rich person ever will be, wealth is a sin

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 12:28 PM

I doubt anyone really pitties him. So much as the legal, social and economic system, culture if you will that allows ppl like him and cases like this to exist. At all.

Mblake1981
10-13-2022, 12:28 PM
Lets build some mud huts and raise sheep.

Edit: We can live like those damn harfoots you folks like so much,
have our Bezos packages dropped off at the tree stump house.
Fresh Meal Worms made in china.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 12:42 PM
Sure, this ain't one of them

No rich person ever will be, wealth is a sin

So if the government decided one day to line up and shoot wealthy people.

Would you protest?

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 01:36 PM

Would you protest?

I'd say it may end poorly. I wouldn't get out of bed tho I think.

They shoot poor ppl all the time tho. So. Uhm. Y not?

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 01:43 PM

Would you protest?

https://i.imgur.com/xjv8BED.png

Basanos
10-13-2022, 01:52 PM

Would you protest?A thought experiment. May as well ask me how I would create the Federation, as likely as that scenario is.

Presumably, a nation in this position has a wildly different history and political climate than the actual America we live in.

Dunno how I'd react, I'm opposed to the death penalty as a general rule. I'd likely be a different person, as I'd have been raised in different conditions.

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 02:08 PM
Yeah shooting them is extreme.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 02:41 PM
A thought experiment. May as well ask me how I would create the Federation, as likely as that scenario is.

Presumably, a nation in this position has a wildly different history and political climate than the actual America we live in.

Dunno how I'd react, I'm opposed to the death penalty as a general rule. I'd likely be a different person, as I'd have been raised in different conditions.

Do you believe those you find the most despicable should have basic human rights?

Basanos
10-13-2022, 02:54 PM
Do you believe those you find the most despicable should have basic human rights?Yes, guy who has threatened to kill me

Basanos
10-13-2022, 02:57 PM
In before the lecture on basic human rights from the guy who has threatened me and my wife because I made fun of him, and justifies it in advance by lying that I have threatened him by existing

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 03:04 PM
Yes, guy who has threatened to kill me

I never threatened to kill you.

You said, and I quote, "slit your throat and gut you like a pig" to me.

MrSparkle001
10-13-2022, 03:04 PM
Not exactly, from the responses I have read it had more to do with his "followers" who went out to peoples homes and harassed them. Some claim there were death threats.

It's that thing where if you are a person of influence that "followers" are your responsibility.

The Shepherd and his flock.

Edit question: Why do people not "follow" those they dislike and want removed, you know.. do things in their name.

So because some mentally ill people that listened to him went to peoples' homes he's responsible for them? Did he like directly tell them to do that? Or did they take it upon themselves to do it?

Until information is released that tells me how he is guilty of other peoples' harassment and death threats I will disagree with this inflated judgement.

Rethalis
10-13-2022, 03:06 PM
So when are all organizing a class action for all the damages all the covid fear mongering did? People died and suffered extreme emotional damage due to the news lying.

Same thing

Precedent set.

Rethalis
10-13-2022, 03:08 PM
What about the promotion of mass murders? It totally causes more mass murderers to commit murders.

Precedent set

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 03:08 PM
So when are all organizing a class action for all the damages all the covid fear mongering did? People died and suffered extreme emotional damage due to the news lying.

Same thing

Precedent set.

"Bbb...bbut but Alex Jones!"

Rethalis
10-13-2022, 03:09 PM
We suing Obama for lying about police and him causing a string of murders on officers in 2015?

Rethalis
10-13-2022, 03:10 PM
What about suing bearnie sanders for causing that lib to go shoot up the congressional baseball game?

Precedent set

Rethalis
10-13-2022, 03:19 PM
We will probably see a civil lawsuit on trump for emotional damages on Jan 6th once they don't find anything criminal.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 03:21 PM
We will probably see a civil lawsuit on trump for emotional damages on Jan 6th once they don't find anything criminal.

A year in solitary confinement for trespassing.

MrSparkle001
10-13-2022, 03:22 PM

Indicted for "inciting emotional distress"

Rethalis
10-13-2022, 03:26 PM
"Bbb...bbut but Alex Jones!"

The commies should love my idea. Redistribution of wealth from the bushys to the prolies for causing trillio s of dollars in damage.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 04:56 PM
I never threatened to kill you.

You said, and I quote, "slit your throat and gut you like a pig" to me.Funny, the first time that's mentioned via a forums search after 2017 is when you mentioned it

If you're just gonna put words in my mouth to justify your violent thoughts, then I think we're done here

Basanos
10-13-2022, 04:57 PM
What about suing bearnie sanders for causing that lib to go shoot up the congressional baseball game?

Precedent setBen Shapiro sweats nervously at the thought of this one too

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 04:59 PM
Funny, the first time that's mentioned via a forums search after 2017 is when you mentioned it

If you're just gonna put words in my mouth to justify your violent thoughts, then I think we're done here

You said it in PMs and you know it.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 05:11 PM
:rolleyes:

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 05:26 PM
You can try to lie as much as you want.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 05:31 PM
That which is asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence, etc.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 05:32 PM
Pretty funny that I got to you so bad that you straight up lying to "defeat" me or some shit

Grow up, dude

hobart
10-13-2022, 05:32 PM

Pretend it was a group of muslims, or antifa if that was a real thing, and tell me you wouldn't be incensed at what went on at our nation's capital.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 05:36 PM
Pretty funny that I got to you so bad that you straight up lying to "defeat" me or some shit

Grow up, dude

I'm not lying.

You literally said you were going to kill me and my sick wife.

You said this yesterday.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 05:43 PM
Woof big sad, hard to watch

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:21 PM
Hey just came in to say alex jones has done literally nothing that regular media outlets do as well.

All media outlets should be fined.

Thats the difference between me, and an alex jones hating establishment mkultra agent.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:24 PM
Non establishment media in the usa:

https://i.imgur.com/xzUwNdJ.gif

United States Obtains Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction Against Edward Snowden (https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/united-states-obtains-final-judgment-and-permanent-injunction-against-edward-snowden)

And a $1 billion dollar fine for a successful blogger.

"You better be ready if you come against the king."
-freedom loving murderous American slave labor colonists

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 06:25 PM
Is it possible for Alex Jones to receive a fair and impartial trial?

Probably not.

He's the canary in the coalmine, honestly.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:26 PM
Trial for what? Pissing people off??

I hope we see more newscasters and journalists thrown in jail for this.

That's how you get freedom.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 06:28 PM
Trial for what? Pissing people off??

I hope we see more newscasters and journalists thrown in jail for this.

That's how you get freedom.

Won't happen the Left and the media are backed by billionaires, who are corrupt as hell.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:28 PM
Rap music: "I shot that guy at mcdonalds in the back cus he a bitch he got up and I shot him in the head 3 times"

Police: we have not released information about the death of the victim of the shooting at McDonalds but we are investigating claims that match the victims wounds.

Democrats: RAP MUSIC IS JUST LYERICS YOU SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO USE IT FOR EVIDENCE

democrats: Fine the other guy 1 billion because I dont like him.

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 06:30 PM

United States Obtains Final Judgment and Permanent Injunction Against Edward Snowden (https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/united-states-obtains-final-judgment-and-permanent-injunction-against-edward-snowden)

Tromp's DOJ. He's directly and solely responsible.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 06:31 PM
Tromp's DOJ. He's directly responsible.

Yep, Trump had boomer opinions on Snowden, Wikileaks, etc.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:33 PM
Tromp's DOJ. He's directly responsible.

The wife of that man says that she was negotiating with trump and was hopeful he would get a pardon to Russell Brand on his podcast.

She said there was much pressure from behind him to make it not happen.

Its sad to think that trump was susceptible to any pressure, but if you look at his presidential run, he aws trying to be a little less trump and a little more play ball, but of course that didnt work and he should have not fired steve bannon and should have went all in day 1 instead of on jan 6th

Hopefully he dose that when he is re-elected, and goes full kim jong usa on these mother fuckers

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 06:35 PM
The wife of that man says that she was negotiating with trump and was hopeful he would get a pardon to Russell Brand on his podcast.

She said there was much pressure from behind him to make it not happen.

It was beyond Trump, unfortunately.

The Deep State/Intel Community had a hard on for snatching them both.

No one would stop them.

unsunghero
10-13-2022, 06:37 PM
Was this a defamation suit?

I think when people ask why there aren’t lawsuits for every other lie printed that resulted in some form of death or calamity, from researching it…to win a defamation suit the claim needs to be demonstrably false

So character attacks usually won’t qualify. If I printed “The police are racist” or even “[Insert_name] is racist”, it’s very difficult to prove that as false, since there is no “is not a racist” qualifier that can be used to demonstrate

But if I printed “[Insert_name] is not a real Doctor”, they could use their medical license to prove it as false. Conversely if I printed “[Insert_name] lied about their kid being a shooting victim” the person could provide a police report and death certificate

This is just a guess, but it basically gives politicians and the media free reign on character attacks, as long as they don’t attack a credential

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:39 PM
It was beyond Trump, unfortunately.

The Deep State/Intel Community had a hard on for snatching them both.

No one would stop them.

yeah, trump was also playing this weird, i want the "americans" to like me, its like the "pence" factor.

Try to get something to make evangelicals like him. All the iraq war lovers and bush voters etc. But they had already jumped ship for the DNC

Back during trumps presidency, the left wasnt anarcho anti USA as much as it is now, even though it was trending that way the day trump was nominated.

Now, the right is full blown down with the USA - so if trump can get elected embracing that, I think we'd see some pardons for all these freeom fighters.

Including the patriots who were protesting on jan 6th that were wrongly imprisoned by Gestapo alt left fascist globlastis.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 06:43 PM

I think when people ask why there aren’t lawsuits for every other lie printed that resulted in some form of death or calamity, from researching it…to win a defamation suit the claim needs to be demonstrably false

So character attacks usually won’t qualify. If I printed “The police are racist” or even “[Insert_name] is racist”, it’s very difficult to prove that as false, since there is no “is not a racist” qualifier that can be used to demonstrate

But if I printed “[Insert_name] is not a real Doctor”, they could use their medical license to prove it as false. Conversely if I printed “[Insert_name] lied about their kid being a shooting victim” the person could provide a police report and death certificate

This is just a guess, but it basically gives politicians and the media free reign on character attacks, as long as they don’t attack a credential

No alex jones shot the kids. He even admitted it.

Skarne
10-13-2022, 07:15 PM

Imagine losing your child in a school shooting. Then Alex Jones goes on his show and says it was all fake and your child didnt exist. Then his followers literally track you around the country forcing you to move locations to avoid harassment as well as protest your dead son or daughter’s existence during their funeral. While all that’s going on, your child’s grave has been found to be defaced and pissed on regularly. That’s what happened to some of the parents. The lawsuit is for damages.

Encroaching Death
10-13-2022, 07:16 PM
Imagine losing your child in a school shooting. Then Alex Jones goes on his show and says it was all fake and your child didnt exist. Then his followers literally track you around the country forcing you to move locations to avoid harassment. While all that’s going on, your child’s grave is defaced and pissed on regularly. That’s what happened to some of the parents. The lawsuit is for damages.

Alex Jones didn't piss on the graves. Not his fault.

Not worth 1 Billion dollars.

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 07:18 PM
Imagine losing your child in a school shooting. Then Alex Jones goes on his show and says it was all fake and your child didnt exist. Then his followers literally track you around the country forcing you to move locations to avoid harassment as well as protest your dead son or daughter’s existence during their funeral. While all that’s going on, your child’s grave has been found to be defaced and pissed on regularly. That’s what happened to some of the parents. The lawsuit is for damages.

Would this happen in a country without police and rich ppl protecting those ppl pissing on graves? And egging them on?

Skarne
10-13-2022, 07:19 PM
Alex Jones didn't piss on the graves. Not his fault.

Not worth 1 Billion dollars.

Tell it to the jury I’m just explaining the situation.

unsunghero
10-13-2022, 07:28 PM

yes, but my original point is that it IS a defamation lawsuit

I looked it up to clarify: "The award is the largest the Texas conspiracy theorist has been ordered to pay as part of three defamation lawsuits against him for falsely claiming that the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, was a hoax"

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/10/12/alex-jones-sandy-hook-shooting/

I didn't make any inference as to the emotional impact of the lies one way or the other, not trying to minimize that

Skarne
10-13-2022, 07:40 PM
yes, but my original point is that it IS a defamation lawsuit

I looked it up to clarify: "The award is the largest the Texas conspiracy theorist has been ordered to pay as part of three defamation lawsuits against him for falsely claiming that the 2012 school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, was a hoax"

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/10/12/alex-jones-sandy-hook-shooting/

I didn't make any inference as to the emotional impact of the lies one way or the other, not trying to minimize that

Ah gotcha. Skimmed your post and misunderstood.

Horza
10-13-2022, 08:00 PM

What kind of successful person is a billion dollars in debt? I think you may have finally eaten too much paste.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 08:33 PM
Liberal media just spent the last week thrashing a man for having an abortion that they admitted they had no idea whether it was true or not and have you noticed they suddenly have stopped talking about it 100% do you know why because it was all a huge lie and something they should be liable for $1 billion for.

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 08:35 PM

What the fuck kind of country do you think you live in where that is illegal?

Every day the news says trump had hookers piss on him, without a shred of evidence.

Imagine your dad makes it to the oval office, and all you see on the news are lies about how there's a piss fountain with him.

Nobody cares.

This is a PURITAIN church "we dont like these black fingernails and satan music" witchunt.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 08:37 PM
Recent events are really getting you guys to show us all who you really are and who you want to protect

And it's not the innocent

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 08:39 PM
Liberal media just spent the last week thrashing a man for having an abortion that they admitted they had no idea whether it was true or not and have you noticed they suddenly have stopped talking about it 100% do you know why because it was all a huge lie and something they should be liable for $1 billion for.

I think you have to be able to prove they knew it was false when they said it to get litigal about it.

Horza
10-13-2022, 08:44 PM
Recent events are really getting you guys to show us all who you really are and who you want to protect

Jib has his reasons for supporting a wife beating, abortion-having hypocrite (because he isn't a Democrat still).

Reiwa
10-13-2022, 08:51 PM

This board rode for Michelle Carter too. Off Topic is eternal. :p

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 09:00 PM

No it’s the righteous.

Just because an evil person is not committing a crime it doesn’t mean that I should say that he is!

Jibartik
10-13-2022, 09:07 PM
also corporate media shills.

https://i.ibb.co/gPVkP8H/1665699447241201.jpg (https://ibb.co/WPtmPXq)