PDA

View Full Version : You can't see words in dreams.

magnetaress
10-12-2022, 09:17 AM
I was in a hospital bed tho. And the door to the room was labeled.

WRATH, like wrath Noonien Singh.

I was tangled in blue blankets. Like the thin disposable ones.. and also normal blankets. And stuck in sleep paralysis. On the 4rth ish floor an airliner was on the runway outside the window.

Somewhere a father, mother, and daughter where in the back of an SUV delivering a plant to the moon they had to make it to the airliner. The plant was designed in the lab labeled WRATH and it was very dangerous when it was fully grown. The baby plant was harmless tho and the daughter played with it. The mission was important to the survival of the planet.

I wasn't in both places, the car was like a memory.

Encroaching Death
10-12-2022, 09:21 AM
https://media3.giphy.com/media/Oc4KnIJ3E7ziqN3l6T/giphy.gif

magnetaress
10-12-2022, 05:37 PM
G-d is warning me my words are going to bring about his wrath.

The plant was a vine with small leaves.

Homesteaded
10-12-2022, 09:40 PM
I'll have to think about this. I think it's true though, so much of dreams are just emotions and no one needs words to understand emotions.

unsunghero
10-12-2022, 09:46 PM
The thing that got me to log in and play p99 again after nearly a year hiatus recently was I had a dream out of the blue where I was playing P99

I was soloing on Enc, the zone wasn’t one I recognized, nor were the mobs. Things were going much better in the dream than they tend to in the game though…

I rarely dream bc I can’t get to REM3 easily due to taking so much caffeine 4 hours before bed, so every dream (even the ultra rare nightmare which I almost never get) is special to me

Basanos
10-12-2022, 09:49 PM
Why do you take caffeine before bed?

I would go nuts without dreaming, but I have noticed I remember dreams far less often if I've eaten a lot of THC stuff recently

magnetaress
10-12-2022, 10:03 PM
The thing that got me to log in and play p99 again after nearly a year hiatus recently was I had a dream out of the blue where I was playing P99

I was soloing on Enc, the zone wasn’t one I recognized, nor were the mobs. Things were going much better in the dream than they tend to in the game though…

I rarely dream bc I can’t get to REM3 easily due to taking so much caffeine 4 hours before bed, so every dream (even the ultra rare nightmare which I almost never get) is special to me

Everquest dreams are the best. I created a special zone in my lucid Everquest dreams. It is like combo lake rathe-highkeep.

I agree caffeine is cringe especially at bedtime.

Ooloo
10-12-2022, 10:10 PM
Dreams are amazing, they're like the most powerful hallucinogen ever. Just the other night I had a dream that I was at a normal campfire, but in the sky the planet mars was closer to the earth than the moon. Earlier that day irl I had been reading about the relative sizes of our solar system's planets and how big they would appear if they were orbiting the earth closely and then boom I get to actually see it.

Of course I grind and clench my teeth really bad during sleep so I also have horrifying dreams sometimes where all my teeth break and I spit them out into a sink, but it's worth it for the cool ones.

Homesteaded
10-13-2022, 12:33 AM
I can't recall a single EQ dream. Sleep is something I hope to be better at but my plate is too full to accommodate that, sadly.

Trexller
10-13-2022, 01:06 AM
sup OP, hope all is well. and clean.

you don't "see" or "hear" or "feel" anything at all during dreams.

these are just combinations of neurons firing as your brain mentally digests all the recent information it has recently absorbed.

any sensory type sensation in a dream state is just your brain sorting through and compartmentalizing such info. This is why dreams are never coherent stories that would make sense to the waking world. Its essentially random neuron traffic, which sometimes triggers pathways that handle sensory function, and voila, you have sights, sounds, smells and feelings, while "dreaming"

this is a necessary function of all beings with complex nervous systems, there are processes which must occur, but usually cannot due to the waking mind taking precedent.

You're right, you can't see words in dreams. However, while dreaming, you felt like you "saw" the word Wrath, because some function of your unconscious house cleaning, excited the short term memory pathways where the memory of the sight of the word Wrath was stored.

Kaveh
10-13-2022, 02:37 AM
I dream I’m replacing Wesley snipes in his movies and I kick even more ass. In US marshals I kick box tommy Lee Jones but it ends in a draw

nostalgiaquest
10-13-2022, 01:40 PM
I’ve been a daily stoner for about 20 years now. And I find whenever I travel and don’t have any access to weed I have crazy vivid dreams. I’ve read on the interweb it’s a pretty common condition. They’re not nightmares or anything, but strong enough that when I wake up I’m usually confused for a few minutes about what’s real.

I’m actually traveling for work this week in Kavehs favorite country Turkey, and low and behold, crazy ass dreams.

Basanos
10-13-2022, 01:45 PM
I have had two recurring (reoccuring? idk) nightmares as far back as my memory goes. Actual dreams, if I remember them, are more like positive sensations once they pass through my memory.

One involves me either being shot or having my skull chopped open by a hatchet, it is almost always happening in shallow water in a sewer.

The other involves watching my mother getting either eaten or carried off by giant lizards or sometimes dinosaurs. We are usually in the back of a school bus when they bust in through the windows.

magnetaress
10-13-2022, 07:23 PM
Some of my dreams where premonitions tho most are just bs.

I had two premonitions in m life, the ppl in them where real and the events did happen but not exact

Jimjam
10-14-2022, 02:26 AM
Some of my dreams where premonitions tho most are just bs.

I had two premonitions in m life, the ppl in them where real and the events did happen but not exact

If dreams are just a way of processing and contextualising your recent experiences and how the relate to memories, it makes sense some of them would be premonitions.

I wonder how these ‘premonitions’ shape our choices. Do they bring about the very thing we predicted.

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 08:43 AM
If dreams are just a way of processing and contextualising your recent experiences and how the relate to memories, it makes sense some of them would be premonitions.

I wonder how these ‘premonitions’ shape our choices. Do they bring about the very thing we predicted.
It's very unlikely I would dream about details and people I have never met before. Like I was reliving a memory or had been there before. Butt, ok, yeah, maybe.

Encroaching Death
10-14-2022, 08:59 AM
I had a dream that I won a roll on a Slime Blood, only to have to hand it to someone who was on 'last piece' of their epic. Then that person asked in Discord, "What other pieces do I need?".

Oh wait, that wasn't a dream. That actually happened.

Castle2.0
10-14-2022, 09:01 AM
False. But words often change when you look away and look back. This is one sign you are dreaming.

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 09:01 AM
Last night I did manage to lucid dream CB entrance some)

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 09:04 AM
False. But words often change when you look away and look back. This is one sign you are dreaming.

This word stayed the same throughout several iterations. In the same place on the same door. Jumping between the hospital room and suv. And the room and textures where highly detailed and consistent. Unlike my crushbone dream tonight which was all an approximation.

The SUV was more dreamlike.

Reiwa
10-14-2022, 11:03 AM
I had a dream that I won a roll on a Slime Blood, only to have to hand it to someone who was on 'last piece' of their epic. Then that person asked in Discord, "What other pieces do I need?".

Oh wait, that wasn't a dream. That actually happened.

No Gods No Masters

Encroaching Death
10-14-2022, 11:05 AM
No Gods No Masters

EQ just may redpill me on the ways of the black flag

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 11:18 AM
Wierd thing is i dont really wow dream i eq dream even tho i'm playing wow more lately

Reiwa
10-14-2022, 11:20 AM
EQ just may redpill me on the ways of the black flag

The hierarchy will screw you if it can, which is usually.

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 11:23 AM
well communism is the hierarchies answer to the hierarchy until we have anarchism again

so how do we keep the world fresh on a regular basis

probably monsters

that's why its really hard to hate musk

although it would behoove me to take all his monies and not let him or his family own guns or genetics machines and labs

satan is control and domination tho and inevitbly that would bite me in the back anyway

i don't live in fear i' just live in pain

which game is better??????? EQ or WoW

EQ is better without a PnP or GM interference and PvP enabled.

G-d needs to smite cheaters tho. I don't know why he don't.

Encroaching Death
10-14-2022, 11:31 AM
The hierarchy will screw you if it can, which is usually.

I'm not a very talkative or social person in-game, so no matter what guild I join, I will be on the lower rungs of hierarchy.

So if I win a roll on something big, the guild officers will step aside and whisper to each other "Wait, who is this fucking nobody? We're gonna let HIM loot this item? No way, dude. Bring in the totally real alt."

"Nice roll, bro! Sick...but unfortunately this alt here was um....they were promised um, like last week that we would give them the item. I'm sure you understand. That was a great roll though! Really sick! But better luck next time!"

magnetaress
10-14-2022, 11:32 AM
I'm not a very talkative or social person in-game, so no matter what guild I join, I will be on the lower rungs of hierarchy.

So if I win a roll on something big, the guild officers will step aside and whisper to each other "Wait, who is this fucking nobody? We're gonna let HIM loot this item? No way, dude. Bring in the totally real alt."

"Nice roll, bro! Sick...but unfortunately this alt here was um....they were promised um, like last week that we would give them the item. I'm sure you understand. That was a great roll though! Really sick! But better luck next time!"

Why do you stay in their guild? U should post more about this in RnF. This is why PnP is bad.

I hope u join red man.

Encroaching Death
10-14-2022, 11:59 AM
Why do you stay in their guild? U should post more about this in RnF. This is why PnP is bad.

I hope u join red man.

I'm of course joking and my current guild is mostly cool and would probably never do anything that I described.

But I have considered it a possibility...

To be fair, how many guilds would let a brand new member loot a big item just because they won a /random roll?

Reiwa
10-14-2022, 12:01 PM
I'm of course joking and my current guild is mostly cool and would probably never do anything that I described.

But I have considered it a possibility...

To be fair, how many guilds would let a brand new member loot a big item just because they won a /random roll?

https://cdn.britannica.com/07/193107-050-8F690634/Patricia-Hearst-front-emblem-Symbionese-Liberation-Army.jpg

Encroaching Death
10-14-2022, 12:04 PM
lol (seriously)