PDA

View Full Version : How realistic is it camp rotting NODROP items in Skyshrine?

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 08:39 AM
How viable is it to camp rotting NO DROP gear in Skyshrine? You know, like low level shamans do with that armor set that drops in Karnor's Castle.

I'm going to guess not very viable? I'm thinking a lot of these items are rare and people in Skyshrine are there specifically for them.

I'm after the Falgiron Staff (https://wiki.project1999.com/Falgiron_Staff), which is essentially BiS Primary slot for casuals such as myself.

Any luck at finding one of these rotting?

Sarleon8503
10-10-2022, 10:44 AM
I have camped there pretty frequently. Folks camping the area will commonly call out rotting no drop items in /OOC. I would say 80-90% of people call out these items and let whoever is there loot the items (if they don't need for themselves or an alt). If not just send a tell asking the person camping if they would be willing to let you loot.

Very often someone is camping the area. As long as you can get to Dubious or higher faction you just need patience. Usually have a GINA trigger or something while you are doing something in the background helps.

The drop rate is about 2% for anything to drop from a loot table of about 40 items.

Hopefully that helps out!

Encroaching Death
10-10-2022, 10:49 AM
http://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/56a67e57ece05575609b1dca/master/pass/so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

Sarleon8503
10-10-2022, 11:12 AM
TLDR: People are usually nice but drop rates are low.

Yeah there is a chance!

Pootle
10-11-2022, 09:11 AM
I would say its likely that the people camping for these items would be after a specific one, and most would be happy to let someone take any rots.

They are rare however so you may be there for a while.

Encroaching Death
10-11-2022, 09:31 AM
Maybe I'll hang out in there.

I have a feeling I'll have some competition though.

There are a lot of decent items in there, but I imagine both Falgiron Staff and Seer Lore Book are some of the most popular drops, as they're some of the best pre-raid caster "weapons" outside of Epics.

Praxcthius
10-11-2022, 11:05 AM
Might be quicker to save plat for epic. Or just join a guild that I would say is able but do they actively help members succeed at epic quests outside of monk/Druid/rogue?

Klazdaxthun

Encroaching Death
10-11-2022, 11:13 AM
Might be quicker to save plat for epic. Or just join a guild that I would say is able but do they actively help members succeed at epic quests outside of monk/Druid/rogue?

Klazdaxthun

Yeah, currently trying to. I can only consistently farm at about 600p/hour right now.

As a Necro, I'll probably have to buy the Slime Blood. I won the roll on it last week when we did Fear, but my newb ass didn't quite know that "Last Piece" rules were in place, so I had to give it up.

That will probably be my last time seeing the Slime Blood drop, let alone winning the roll.

The Eye of Innoruk is 50k, I think. That's achievable price-wise, and I might even be able to win it on a roll, as I have seen it drop a couple times, but my guild rarely does Hate. (or Fear)

I'm on the last piece as far as my Cloak goes in Sky. Just have to loot a Black Silk Cape...which is also incredibly rare. I think I can buy loot rights for 10-25k?

Killing Kazen isn't even a thang. Just need a couple of groups.

I'm also brand new in my guild and I'm not exactly the friendliest chap, so it's doubtful if anyone would be willing to help me.

Jibartik
10-11-2022, 11:18 AM
back on live that place was always crowded, I felt the exp sucked, but there was always pugs there at various spots.

But on p99 its empty, is it empty on green still?

As much as i hated that zone, i didnt want it to be empty :(

Sadre Spinegnawer
10-11-2022, 12:22 PM
http://assets.teenvogue.com/photos/56a67e57ece05575609b1dca/master/pass/so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.gif

I lulled

Jimjam
10-11-2022, 01:36 PM
Not very realistic tbh. Loads of draconic creatures breaks suspension of disbelief... but then again dinosaurs were real so maybe it is realistic afterall.

strongNpretty
10-11-2022, 05:11 PM
I've actually only run through this place.. I've never explored or hung out.. Do 60 Druids have any camps they can run in here? Just Curious!

Sarleon8503
10-11-2022, 06:58 PM
For Druid and other classes there is this cube named "Oct Velic" and another big cube that drops loot (I think Polhidrix Velic) by it. I sat and /afk camped for the longest time. Got a Winter's Fury, Kin Lore Necklace, and some other assorted goodies (still low drop rate ~2%). Oct Velic is green to a level 60 so would be viable as another class.

A big problem is the regen for these mobs is abnormally high so you would need to burn it down and wait for 30 minutes for respawns. I would suggest this as an /afk camp for you.
Unless you are a feign class - you WILL lose faction with Yelinak & CoV per kill.

Also, don't bother with regular ol' "shambling cubes". Their loot table sucks it seems. Never got a good drop of the regular old shambling cubes.

Tethler
10-12-2022, 12:57 AM
The Fe'Dahr wyverns are often killed. These can be solo fear kited in the high 50s. I'd recommend like 57+. You could do earlier, but the resist rate is harsh. Can also get Wurm Lord Shawl (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wurm_Lord_Shawl) there.

Encroaching Death
10-12-2022, 08:56 AM
Can also get Wurm Lord Shawl (https://wiki.project1999.com/Wurm_Lord_Shawl) there.

Welp, looks like I'm going to Skyshrine.

I can FD just before every kill to avoid losing faction?

Sarleon8503
10-12-2022, 09:15 AM
Welp, looks like I'm going to Skyshrine.

I can FD just before every kill to avoid losing faction?

Yes!! You are level 57? Will be tough on resists but worth a shot. I started at 58 and came back and did almost all of 59 there.

If you ever /afk camp check out the Oct Velic area. Easy cube that drops loot :)
Good luck

Encroaching Death
10-12-2022, 09:19 AM
Yes!! You are level 57? Will be tough on resists but worth a shot. I started at 58 and came back and did almost all of 59 there.

If you ever /afk camp check out the Oct Velic area. Easy cube that drops loot :)
Good luck

Yep, 50% into 57. I just got my HS key last night, but now I'm considering Skyshrine...

I could definitely use that Shawl and I could use some of the staves that drop, as well as the Seer Book.

zelld52
10-12-2022, 10:38 AM
back on live that place was always crowded, I felt the exp sucked, but there was always pugs there at various spots.

But on p99 its empty, is it empty on green still?

As much as i hated that zone, i didnt want it to be empty :(

all the "good" zones are the same on Green. PoM, HS and Skyshrine is usually just a few enchanters / necros / shamans soloing. Rarely see a group there

Encroaching Death
10-12-2022, 03:00 PM
all the "good" zones are the same on Green. PoM, HS and Skyshrine is usually just a few enchanters / necros / shamans soloing. Rarely see a group there

PoM and HS both seem like they aren't very friendly to a wide variety of classes, that's probably why. I always hear people say "Don't come to PoM unless you have gate or FD" and I don't think there's even a way to leave HS other than to gate or port.

Skyshrine must be over faction? Not sure

Ravager
10-12-2022, 07:06 PM
I'm also brand new in my guild and I'm not exactly the friendliest chap, so it's doubtful if anyone would be willing to help me.

I like this guy.

Encroaching Death
10-12-2022, 07:08 PM
I like this guy.

Is your guild recruiting? I might have a chance

Ravager
10-12-2022, 07:10 PM
Is your guild recruiting? I might have a chance

Yeah, but it's just me and I never log on.

evilwizard
11-24-2022, 04:33 PM
I can only consistently farm at about 600p/hour right now.

where are you farming 600p/hour consistently?

Encroaching Death
11-24-2022, 04:38 PM
where are you farming 600p/hour consistently?

Felwithe guards

SantagarBrax
12-06-2022, 10:33 PM
The 2nd library in SS is good for a necro, 2 of the wyverns in there (middle right and back right) are much higher level so they need to be constantly feared and you'll burn through at least 2 cycles of dots, but it's manageable and I believe they have a better drop rate %.

Park an alt while you're at it

voydent
12-07-2022, 10:38 PM
i went there to camp the shoulder piece https://wiki.project1999.com/Wurm_Lord_Shawl which is pretty much BIS until you win a https://wiki.project1999.com/Strength_of_the_Elements.

Falgiron staff was one of the few items that drop quite early on.

i say spend a week playing around with the wyverns there and see how you go. you're more likely to get lucky than not.