PDA

View Full Version : Necro Pacify (Rest the Dead)

zelld52
10-03-2022, 01:25 PM
Does Rest the Dead follow the same equation as the Pacify line for ENC / CLR / PAL?

IE: does higher Charisma reduce the frequency of critical resists? Or is Charisma not taken into consideration for Rest the Dead?

Any information, speculation, theories, hypotheses, or actual factual information is appreciated.

PS: Can anyone find any other "official" formula for crit resist roll on Pacify? Here's what I found, and it seems to make sense.

MobRoll = ((((MobMR + MobLevel) / 3) / MobMaxMR()) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

CasterRoll = (((CasterCha + CasterLevel / 3) / CasterMaxCha) + (RandomFloat(-10, 10) / 100.0)

If the Caster Roll is less than Mob Roll, you get a "Critical" resist, and the mob will aggro.

zelld52
10-03-2022, 02:01 PM
PPS: Not so sure about this formula after doing some math. Level 46 Enchanter vs. a level 42 mob with 17 MR. (Greater Plaguebone)

Mob = (Random between -10, 10) + 0.08

200 CHA = (Random between -10, 10) + 0.32

77 CHA = (Random between -10, 10) + 0.16

Seems like there would be less significant difference with higher charisma, but I know there is a pretty significant difference between 77 CHA and 200 CHA with respect to crit resists. Pls send help for my original question first, but then lets DIVE INTO THE MATH

zelld52
10-03-2022, 05:33 PM
PPS: Not so sure about this formula after doing some math. Level 46 Enchanter vs. a level 42 mob with 17 MR. (Greater Plaguebone)

Mob = (Random between -10, 10) + 0.08

200 CHA = (Random between -10, 10) + 0.32

77 CHA = (Random between -10, 10) + 0.16

Seems like there would be less significant difference with higher charisma, but I know there is a pretty significant difference between 77 CHA and 200 CHA with respect to crit resists. Pls send help for my original question first, but then lets DIVE INTO THE MATH

lol duh my math was wrong, its a random number between -0.1 and 0.1.. so adding +.32 would be great

Duik
10-04-2022, 11:43 AM
I love math,and hate it at the same time.

Encroaching Death
10-15-2022, 03:38 PM
I've heard that CHA only affects pacify type spells on Necros, so Charm, etc doesn't benefit.

I also heard that getting atleast 75 CHA really helps.

Also, if you don't feel like getting CHA gear, there's always FD.

Snaggles
11-01-2022, 07:58 PM
I recall just screaming terror has a CHA element but such a short duration not worth focusing on. The undead and animal lulls are MR based.

Infectious
11-01-2022, 08:11 PM
I recall just screaming terror has a CHA element but such a short duration not worth focusing on. The undead and animal lulls are MR based.

I don't know, leveling in HS at the same levels on a an enchanter and now a necro. I would say cha definitely comes into play on with necro lulls. I rarely ever got a crit resist at max cha on enc. On necro it happens atleast once every 10 casts

Toxigen
11-02-2022, 09:30 AM
I don't know, leveling in HS at the same levels on a an enchanter and now a necro. I would say cha definitely comes into play on with necro lulls. I rarely ever got a crit resist at max cha on enc. On necro it happens atleast once every 10 casts

can confirm, similar experience

zelld52
11-02-2022, 10:08 AM
can confirm, similar experience

I'm getting significantly more crit resists than 1 in 10 on necro. Wearing full netted kelp, so have like 20 CHA.

Sometimes, I'm getting 4 crit resists in a row.

Toxigen
11-02-2022, 11:24 AM
I'm getting significantly more crit resists than 1 in 10 on necro. Wearing full netted kelp, so have like 20 CHA.

Sometimes, I'm getting 4 crit resists in a row.

What level is the necro and what are you trying to lull? That sounds really high.

zelld52
11-02-2022, 11:36 AM
What level is the necro and what are you trying to lull? That sounds really high.

55, mostly in basement. So mob level is 46 max. I'd say I probably get 1 in 3 crit resists.

It's gotten to the point where I have to target mob and then run max distance to lull, in case of crit resist I can FD before I get triple harm-touched.

Toxigen
11-02-2022, 12:37 PM
55, mostly in basement. So mob level is 46 max. I'd say I probably get 1 in 3 crit resists.

It's gotten to the point where I have to target mob and then run max distance to lull, in case of crit resist I can FD before I get triple harm-touched.

Why not just send a pet in to get all the HTs off?

I remember trying to lull a room like that when I was a young necro. Far easier to just send something in there to clear the HTs off. Even if it gets killed, at least you're starting a room clear with no HTs to deal with.

zelld52
11-02-2022, 12:40 PM
Why not just send a pet in to get all the HTs off?

i like using the harmtouches on mobs to make them die quicker -- but also mana

Toxigen
11-02-2022, 12:43 PM
i like using the harmtouches on mobs to make them die quicker -- but also mana

Well, of course. Sorry, I didn't mean a summoned pet. Like grab a pet from elsewhere and use it to break the room full of HTs?

I guess in your worst case scenario: you're trying to do a room of 4 HTs and theres no other undeads to charm nearby and send as cannon fodder?

zelld52
11-02-2022, 12:53 PM
Well, of course. Sorry, I didn't mean a summoned pet. Like grab a pet from elsewhere and use it to break the room full of HTs?

I guess in your worst case scenario: you're trying to do a room of 4 HTs and theres no other undeads to charm nearby and send as cannon fodder?

oh yeah, sometimes i will do that -- but yes - worst case when theres no undead to send in as fodder

its only happened once or twice in my dozens of hours in howling stones - but worst case - crit resist lull, feign death fail, mobs tear through manaskin, no room to kite and dead.

Toxigen
11-02-2022, 12:57 PM
oh yeah, sometimes i will do that -- but yes - worst case when theres no undead to send in as fodder

its only happened once or twice in my dozens of hours in howling stones - but worst case - crit resist lull, feign death fail, mobs tear through manaskin, no room to kite and dead.

Yeah, it happens. Harmshield as soon as FD fails. You may be able to get a second FD try off...or just WC cap.

PabloEdvardo
11-02-2022, 05:13 PM
Do undead HS mobs social each other? I don't remember.

One of the great tricks about a necro (or SK) with low CHA is using it to single split out undead mobs with a crit resist (since typically undead mobs do _not_ social each other).

zelld52
11-02-2022, 05:49 PM
Do undead HS mobs social each other? I don't remember.

One of the great tricks about a necro (or SK) with low CHA is using it to single split out undead mobs with a crit resist (since typically undead mobs do _not_ social each other).

they do social. i believe only in kurns tower, they dont social and dont run.

i cant think of any other zone off the top of my head where undead dont social or run.

Chortles Snortles
11-09-2022, 04:02 PM
undead frogs in LGUK run

Alarria
11-14-2022, 02:27 PM
Surprisingly the sepulcher spectres in HS flee, as well as the golems and devourers. Skellies and bile golems do not though

zelld52
11-14-2022, 02:44 PM
Surprisingly the sepulcher spectres in HS flee, as well as the golems and devourers. Skellies and bile golems do not though

Everything flees in howling stones.

Chortles Snortles
11-14-2022, 02:59 PM
bile golems flee
non caster skeletons do not flee

zelld52
11-14-2022, 04:59 PM
bile golems flee
non caster skeletons do not flee

Sure nuff do broski. But they are almost always in proximity of other mobs, so it happens rarely.

they flee when there are no allies nearby. ive seen it when clearing basement - while someone was clearing entrance - the mobs run for the portal to the entrance

Chortles Snortles
11-14-2022, 07:03 PM
i have never seen a non caster skeleton flee in HS
EVER

zelld52
11-14-2022, 07:19 PM
i have never seen a non caster skeleton flee in HS
EVER

Sounds like you weren't able to keep enough mobs dead

/Ssips tea

Chortles Snortles
11-14-2022, 08:21 PM
i have cleared entire north & west wings numerous times and NOT ONE TIME have seen this behavior from melee skels

you are wrong
period

zelld52
11-14-2022, 10:22 PM
i have cleared entire north & west wings numerous times and NOT ONE TIME have seen this behavior from melee skels

you are wrong
period

idk what to tell you I get sepulcher skeles to flee for me, maybe I'm better idk tho

zelld52
11-14-2022, 10:24 PM

you are wrong
period

But unless you are also clearing basement -- there are mobs below north and west wings still in promimity, which is why I used my example of clearing the basement underneatyh the entrance while someone else was clearing entrance - leaving no mobs in proximity so therefore the skeletons fled.

It happened. Multiple times. Because there was nothing in proximity. So you are wrong

Chortles Snortles
11-15-2022, 10:41 AM
sepulcher skeletons do not flee
willing to bet character deletion on this

Toxigen
11-15-2022, 11:51 AM
pretty sure ive had the named key dude in north flee on me before

Chortles Snortles
11-15-2022, 11:52 AM
he did not flee the last 5 times i killed him in an empty wing

zelld52
11-15-2022, 12:09 PM
sepulcher skeletons do not flee
willing to bet character deletion on this

ok can we OBS this, and you OBS me proving you wrong and deleting your necro? i think the forums would really love that

zelld52
11-15-2022, 12:10 PM
he did not flee the last 5 times i killed him in an empty wing

Unless the basement is empty, there are still mobs in proximity that prevent them from fleeing.

Toxigen
11-15-2022, 12:12 PM
z axis op

time to delete that necro lulz

Chortles Snortles
11-15-2022, 12:13 PM
guys that haven't been to HS in years telling me nuh uhhhhh
(lol)

zelld52
11-15-2022, 12:15 PM
guys that haven't been to HS in years telling me nuh uhhhhh
(lol)

oh shut up and accept the bet.

Chortles Snortles
11-15-2022, 12:20 PM
i accept if you prove it to me

zelld52
11-15-2022, 12:23 PM
i accept if you prove it to me

Ok, I'll set something up to get a few toons clearing the entrance of HS -- you can join me in basement to clear.

Make sure to OBS, and make a post on forums about your deletion, too. I will coordinate with some peeps to get this going.

It feels so good to know youre going to win a bet before it happens. I was in HS 2 weeks ago getting sepulcher skeletons to flee and youre over here telling me they dont.

Why would you bet character deletion on something you can't disprove

Chortles Snortles
11-15-2022, 12:28 PM
i ain't doin shit because i know im right
feel free to prove me wrong, which im not

Toxigen
11-15-2022, 12:43 PM
guy i know the named at the end of north wing has fled on me before

one of two things are going to happen

1. welch

2. delete

pick one

Duik
11-16-2022, 07:21 AM
Chokles Snokles.
Well that's gotsta suck. If true.
Also, i see a quick eqemu install and 'deletion' of 'necro' coming right up.

Alarria
11-17-2022, 01:05 PM
For what it's worth, I recently have leveled a necromancer from 54-60 and my enchanter from 53 to almost 58. Even with a necro full clearing the basement and I am in north hall, clearing it, oblations and sepulcher skellies don't flee, nor do bile golems. Pyre golems, devourers and spectres do. However, Sentient Bile, The Golem Master both flee in North, but I've never had the Crypt Keeper flee even with a clear basement and the boss room empty.

Alarria
11-17-2022, 01:08 PM
Strange behavior regardless, the wiki has the skellies as immune to flee, which I've experienced, but also has the spectres listed as immune to flee, which I have definitely seen as being incorrect.

Chortles Snortles
11-17-2022, 01:31 PM
have personally experienced entrance bile golems fleeing

Alarria
11-17-2022, 01:39 PM
Yeah just a few moments ago I had a bile golem flee on me also. The same bile golem didn't see through normal invis either prior to killing it. Not sure why some are different than others /shrug

Kich867
11-17-2022, 03:01 PM
Yeah just a few moments ago I had a bile golem flee on me also. The same bile golem didn't see through normal invis either prior to killing it. Not sure why some are different than others /shrug

Generally stuff like this revolves around kind of obscure distances to other mobs. At least, that's behavior I've observed in a bunch of other places so that would be my guess why some do and some don't.

Basically, sometimes you're killing them within range of other mobs their friendly with so they don't flee, sometimes you aren't. And with how weird EQ is about what mobs can "see" who the hell knows, it might be a mob above or below you or through a wall or patrolling by at the right time that is keeping it from fleeing.

zelld52
11-17-2022, 04:10 PM
Generally stuff like this revolves around kind of obscure distances to other mobs. At least, that's behavior I've observed in a bunch of other places so that would be my guess why some do and some don't.

Basically, sometimes you're killing them within range of other mobs their friendly with so they don't flee, sometimes you aren't. And with how weird EQ is about what mobs can "see" who the hell knows, it might be a mob above or below you or through a wall or patrolling by at the right time that is keeping it from fleeing.

^^^^

Chortles Snortles
11-17-2022, 04:35 PM
doesn't mean you're right about sepulcher skeletons
(lol)

zelld52
11-17-2022, 05:47 PM
doesn't mean you're right about sepulcher skeletons
(lol)

whats crazy about this is that i know sepulcher skeletons flee because i got them to flee as recently as 3 weeks ago
(lol)

but youre claiming they aren't just because they haven't fled for you
(lol)

but with my own two eyes i saw multple flee under the right circumstances
(lol)

Toxigen
11-17-2022, 05:48 PM
cant wait til lulz welches

(lol)

Chortles Snortles
11-17-2022, 06:19 PM
big claims from uh like, zero evidence
(lol)

zelld52
11-17-2022, 07:55 PM
i dont want you to delete your necro though, i think you bring a unique flavor to our server
(lol)

Chortles Snortles
11-17-2022, 08:04 PM
what a shocker, you can't prove it because i'm right
(lol)

zelld52
11-17-2022, 08:13 PM
its funny too because when it happened the first time i thought, "oh shit i didnt think skeletons fled in HS, heh ohh boy that was close it almost got to the platform and trained the whole zone thank god hungry earth wasnt on cooldown"

but for real the amount of effort in coordinating someone to clear the entrance while i clear teh basement on a toon i dont even want to play anymore. sounded a lot more fun 3 days ago but now the meme is over and im much less interested

Chortles Snortles
11-17-2022, 08:22 PM
sorry chortles, you were right
(lol)

zelld52
11-18-2022, 11:18 AM
i dont have any reason to prove you wrong - at least not enough reason to spend the time required to replicate a fleeing sepulcher skeleton. but if anyone else is interested - here's how its done.

one group - clear the 2 mobs at entrance, clear all 8 of the golems at entrance to each 4 wings, and the roamer that walks through west entrance.

second group - clear the basement spawns - the 2 roamers around the middle, the 2 roamers that come from the basement wings, and the mob that roams around the basement teleporter back to entrance. also kill the 2 spawns in the west room in basement

after all those mobs (19 total) are dead, pull a skeleton from the west side of basement into the main basement room and kill near the basement teleporter. get to 20% HP and watch flee.

good luck. OBS / fraps it and post here if you do this

Toxigen
11-18-2022, 12:09 PM
rip ssips

Chortles Snortles
11-18-2022, 04:10 PM
if the fraps don't exist you must acquit

Kawhi
12-02-2022, 02:41 AM
Sepulcher skeletons in HS do not flee. Would bet my life on it.

Things I have seen flee, bile golems, pyre golems, the monk spectres, sperms of all types.

You don't have to do any sort of nonsense like clearing the entire basement to get them to do it either.

Like wtf are we even talking about you seriously have cleared all those mobs but magically the only mob not dead was a sepulcher at low health and watched it walk? lmao

Encroaching Death
12-02-2022, 07:16 AM
Not only do they flee, but they moonwalk.

One of the EQ developers was a big fan of Michael Jackson, so he put that in as an easter egg.

Tann
12-02-2022, 09:49 AM
Not only do they flee, but they moonwalk.

One of the EQ developers was a big fan of Michael Jackson, so he put that in as an easter egg.

someone out there in the void has changed the default EQ skeleton noises to "TEEHEE"

Chortles Snortles
12-02-2022, 10:26 AM
https://i.imgur.com/QTUHNdy.gif