PDA

View Full Version : eqclient.ini problems

LazyHydras
10-02-2022, 10:11 AM
Hi,

Weird issue I've been having ever since I started playing again like a month ago.

My eqclient.ini file defaults the Windowedmode offset X / Y values to 0 and -81 respectively.

Windowedmode offset Y=-81 shoves the window up into the top edge of my monitor so I can't click on the bar and drag the window around.

When I manually change the values in eqclient.ini, the values reset back to 0/-81 if I turn my computer off or hibernate. Any idea what's going on here?

mcoy
10-02-2022, 09:03 PM
If p99 is installed in program files, it can't save changes there unless you run it as admin.

Also /viewport may be the command you seek.

-Mcoy

LazyHydras
10-23-2022, 11:43 AM
Nope, it's installed in the Documents folder. Still haven't figured out the issue.

Sturge
10-23-2022, 01:06 PM
I had this problem 10+ years ago on live, and back when I used Windows. My solution was to rename the eqclient.ini to eqclient.old (or whatever), create a new eqclient.ini and copy the contents from old to new.

Don't know what the problem was, but this fixed it for me.

mcoy
10-23-2022, 07:33 PM
The last comment made me think to ask - you have "show file extensions" enabled, right? Just making sure you're not trying to edit a file called eqclient.ini.ini or something.

-Mcoy

LazyHydras
12-04-2022, 01:20 PM
I had this problem 10+ years ago on live, and back when I used Windows. My solution was to rename the eqclient.ini to eqclient.old (or whatever), create a new eqclient.ini and copy the contents from old to new.

Don't know what the problem was, but this fixed it for me.

Huzzah! Problem solved. Like you, I'm not sure what the problem was, but this fix resolved it.

LazyHydras
12-08-2022, 06:14 PM
Nevermind. The problem still exists. Any other thoughts? It seems to be an interaction with my graphics card. I installed dgvoodoo2 to fix another issue, but it didn't fix this one.

loramin
12-08-2022, 06:24 PM
Nevermind. The problem still exists. Any other thoughts? It seems to be an interaction with my graphics card. I installed dgvoodoo2 to fix another issue, but it didn't fix this one.

No ideas on a fix, but you could test your theory that it's the graphics card by just uninstalling all graphics drivers temporarily (and using the crappy generic Windows driver instead), running EQ, and seeing if it still breaks your eqclient.ini.