PDA

View Full Version : Finally some news about Red 2.0

Tradesonred
09-28-2022, 08:12 PM
Will we get some? Finally? What do you think?

Gustoo
09-28-2022, 11:13 PM
I was feeling desperate enough to make a new dumb thread myself but it looks like we’re on the same cycle.

I was gunna do a pvp class discussion again since it’s my favorite topic

Edit went ahead and made it anyways

Tassador
09-29-2022, 07:40 AM
Same 2 bozos that nobody liked posting the same cry threads.

You guys don’t even pvp why are you even worried about a new server just go play pve with people.

Tradesonred
09-29-2022, 09:40 AM
If dumpster diving dries up and i ever starve i just need to bait tassador right into my plate.

zelld52
09-29-2022, 03:11 PM
I was feeling desperate enough to make a new dumb thread myself but it looks like we’re on the same cycle.

I was gunna do a pvp class discussion again since it’s my favorite topic

Edit went ahead and made it anyways

What's a good first-class for Red 2.0 in 2030? Am I limited to Necro?

reebz
09-29-2022, 06:58 PM
never going to happen. spend time with your families.

magnetaress
09-29-2022, 08:31 PM
Pplwho survived hurricane ian deserve a new red2

magnetaress
09-30-2022, 05:04 PM

magnetaress
10-03-2022, 08:19 AM

magnetaress
10-04-2022, 08:37 PM

Gustoo
10-05-2022, 12:43 AM
Hey

magnetaress
10-05-2022, 12:58 AM
Hi!

I miss the old times on red pre/just post Kunark launch. I have visuals and hear the sounds of fearrott and the swamp in my head. RPing in the front of unrest by the hedge. Fighting other newbies in tattered armor over at the nighbrights in lfay. Fighting it out over crushbone vs twinks wearing thematic lower guk gear. Hanging out at hags and having a little chit chat. Going to CoM and sniping back at invading and levitating wizards and necros. Guk bedroom with chewie. Hiding deep in sola trying to avoid pvp. Chasing random players through rather mountains with big hurb. Traveling in groups for safety. Hiding from druids. Logging in alts when zone control was lost. Chasing people through dreadlands into karnors and back out again. And a million other cool moments before pixel rott took hold and only the diehard ubers where left. Ganging up on them in groups and the various underdog guilds who tried to constantly usurp nihilum.

Good times. I'm greatful to carry these memories. They surely humble me and temper me.

Notfame
10-19-2022, 04:13 PM
Ngl I thought my journey had finally ended but after reading this I had to post my 95th visit to the thread of disappointment

Swish
10-20-2022, 06:11 PM
I clicked.

Zemgus
10-21-2022, 05:16 AM
laziness, whiny, vindictive. pick one why you don't play on red and shut the fuck up already.

also i like cats where is like button on swish posts?

Albane
10-21-2022, 02:11 PM
I leveled up a Bard to 50 on Red shortly after it launched. The server was not even 10% as much fun or challenging as VZ back in 1999. This game is decent on a blue server, but it is total garbage and cannot be replicated as a red server.

Maybe if they changed some of the rules and added some content to make PvP challenging and purposeful. It has been 23 years, we have all learned a lot.

Zuranthium
10-21-2022, 02:44 PM
I'm in full agreement about changing mechanics for PvP, but Red ruleset as it stands is still far better than Blue/Green. It simply doesn't have the population. Would be very interesting if p99 only existed as Red. Clearly there are plenty of people addicted or interested in Classic EQ who would still be playing here if their only option was Red.

The fun of PvP is how it forces you to constantly look around and be prepared for people who might ambush you. Makes the world much more alive.

magnetaress
10-21-2022, 03:29 PM
I'm in full agreement about changing mechanics for PvP, but Red ruleset as it stands is still far better than Blue/Green. It simply doesn't have the population. Would be very interesting if p99 only existed as Red. Clearly there are plenty of people addicted or interested in Classic EQ who would still be playing here if their only option was Red.

The fun of PvP is how it forces you to constantly look around and be prepared for people who might ambush you. Makes the world much more alive.
A lot of ppl self harm and make choices thinking they are having fun or doing it the easy way when in fact its opposite. The majority of ppl are like this. So they play on blue and green chasing the dragon and they are like forever said. They'll tell u pvp isn't fun and the only choice is to play on blue butt they are always exactly oppositely wrong. They would be much happier if only red existed and they where all master level bushido warriors.

Gustoo
10-21-2022, 06:58 PM
I agree with the above. Red99 as it is fixes most of blue/green problems with RMT camping psychos instantly and makes the game better.

You can’t effectively make money without paying attention on red therefore it’s not profitable to pharm the same way. Therefore it’s a better server.

The guild petitionquest turned into pvp would be the best. Dragon gear is pvp resist gear so they’re all ready to die. I mean fight.

Tradesonred
10-21-2022, 07:38 PM
I leveled up a Bard to 50 on Red shortly after it launched. The server was not even 10% as much fun or challenging as VZ back in 1999. This game is decent on a blue server, but it is total garbage and cannot be replicated as a red server.

Maybe if they changed some of the rules and added some content to make PvP challenging and purposeful. It has been 23 years, we have all learned a lot.

Its as simple as getting an initial pop and not having xp death in pvp right from the get go. We had a 10 year beta so now optimistically devs and players know what went wrong and people would be stupid, if they enjoy a healthy server, to go out of their way to grief people out of the playerbase they need to have their fun. In 1.0 it was too tempting to just delete people with your stomp train, make them eat xp death and have them rage log forever as a form of entertainment, now they would have to work for it.

The reason why the server was not fun is it was planned as a PVE+ server. Pvp only served to settle camp disputes, which was a great miscalculation of why people played an EQ pvp server. People actually enjoyed pvp, surprise! So not only could you not enjoy it frequently, when it did happen, 90% of the times you had no chance of winning so the outcome was a setback in your PVE progress. Dying to almost no-chance odds is part of the experience, filters out boys from men. Adding xp loss on top of that is the line that makes the game boring, time-consuming for no good reason vs challenging.

They literally just need to redo the server with no xp loss, have a little luck on initial pop and we could finally go out of red beta and be good for another 10 (this time golden) years.

Swish
10-24-2022, 05:19 PM
Here's to 10 golden years

Chortles Snortles
10-26-2022, 12:40 PM
please do whatever it takes to get swish to stop posting cringe gifs
thanks staff