PDA

View Full Version : blank server screen, timeouts, errors abound

tiptopjames
03-10-2010, 03:39 AM
having lots of issues since you altered the LS. most the time i get the blank server list. timeouts occur often as well. if i try to quick connect it says it cannot connect to the server. been playing for a week or two basically perfectly (love the server by the way), and this is the first time i've been unable to log on for more than hour (sitting at about 3 hours). if it's an issue on my end any help is appreciated.

thanks for the time,
james

Rogean
03-10-2010, 09:15 AM
The loginserver was reverted back to the problematic one due to authorization issues with the new one.

MrBeerBelly
03-10-2010, 12:19 PM
damn it. this means I can't play.

Wessubba
03-10-2010, 04:39 PM
I am having this problem too, its harsh. Any workarounds known to help me log on?

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 12:09 AM
still not allowing me to log on, and not for lack of trying.

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 01:03 AM
after multiple attempts (really, lots of em) was able to get the server select list to appear. however, when i try to log in to p1999, just as i get hopeful, i get "an unknown error has occurred" and then that's that.

Aeolwind
03-11-2010, 01:07 AM
OS?
Client Version? (Titanium/SOF)
Have you followed all the steps at EQ Emulator?
Have you updated all your files correctly?
Have you installed the spell files?
Are you using WinEQ2?

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 01:10 AM
using xp, titanium client. everything is installed correctly, as stated in my first post been playing perfectly well for a couple weeksish. also my roommate "wessubba" (post above me) is having the same issues. both of us were able to play previously. i have installed the new spell file, i am not using wineq.

billpaleq
03-11-2010, 01:15 AM
Tip, have you tried using winlauncherxp? also have you tried to use the connect to previous server button? sometimes when I get that black screen I login with the connect to previous server what ever box and bypass the whole server select screen.

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 01:17 AM
no on the winlauncherxp, also my first post states that when i try to quick connect, it just fails to connect to the server. will try the winlauncherxp suggestion.

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 01:26 AM
winlauncherxp tells me to "please run everquest.exe" which i'm guessing in actuality an awful idea. so as it stands i guess i'm saying fuck it. i play outside now.

billpaleq
03-11-2010, 02:13 AM
you just need to set up the correct .exe you have to chose eqgame.exe for it
make sure you add the patchme to number4 on the second tab.

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 02:20 AM
k, first post states that I HAVE BEEN PLAYING PERFECTLY FINE BEFORE THIS. obviously i already altered my eqgame.exe file (hence it telling me to run the correct exe, everquest.exe) eqhost file is set properly, all files replaced/moved as needed.. no reason to run winlauncherxp on a system RUNNING XP, especially when it's not an issue of my needing to allow it more power or less power blah blah blah.

after more repeated attempts, was able to log in, to a blank account. many more, succesful log in, then a zone crash. square one.

tiptopjames
03-11-2010, 04:49 AM
have had a couple successful logins to my own account, was even able to zone correctly a couple of times. but i have to try over and over (and over and over) before i can even see the server list. then it says "an unknown error has occurred" about half the time when i try to select p1999. as stated, everything is set up properly, as i had been able to play previously. also assume that if i did not have everything set up correctly i would not have had even those couple of successful logins.

anywho, strewn about this thread is about all the details i can really think to give. need anymore info let me know.

Wessubba
03-11-2010, 07:18 AM
I fixed the problem at around 5:00 AM today. I tried changing the port for the game from 5998 to 9000 but that failed. Simply restarting the router seems to have enabled access of the login server list. I am about to make sure I can get on and actually play now, more updates will be posted if I deem them necessary.

@tiptopjames: I'm posting a change log for our router to your door so you see it when you wake up.

Aeolwind
03-11-2010, 11:06 AM
WinEQ2 will help with the zoning issues you've been having.

MrBeerBelly
03-11-2010, 06:18 PM
have had a couple successful logins to my own account, was even able to zone correctly a couple of times. but i have to try over and over (and over and over) before i can even see the server list. then it says "an unknown error has occurred" about half the time when i try to select p1999. as stated, everything is set up properly, as i had been able to play previously. also assume that if i did not have everything set up correctly i would not have had even those couple of successful logins.

anywho, strewn about this thread is about all the details i can really think to give. need anymore info let me know.

hey at least you can get to the server list. I've had 100 attempts with no luck. I had been playing fine up until they reverted back to the old server login structure or what ever.

Wessubba
03-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Have you tried resetting your router or modem? This fixed my problem. If that fails, you should try opening your port for the game. I am going to make the assumption you know how to do this, but which port is being used for the server access, look in your eq folder for eqhost.txt and find the number. It is probably 5998. This is just some tips I gleaned from the eqemulator site.

MrBeerBelly
03-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Have you tried resetting your router or modem? This fixed my problem. If that fails, you should try opening your port for the game. I am going to make the assumption you know how to do this, but which port is being used for the server access, look in your eq folder for eqhost.txt and find the number. It is probably 5998. This is just some tips I gleaned from the eqemulator site.

My port is 5998, i'm not sure what you mean by "Try opening it"

I've powered down my modem/router several times. My router is brand new.

The game worked fine 2/3 days ago prior to the patch.

How do I open this magical port?

Wessubba
03-13-2010, 01:21 PM
Go to www.portforward.com and follow the instructions for your router.